Any axemen on here?

#1 Edited by Klunt_Bumskrint (3801 posts) -

Bought myself a new toy today as it was cheap.

I had lessons 20 or so years ago and have tried 3 or 4 times since then to pick it up but it never happened.

This time it WILL!!

I WILL be the next Hendrix

#2 Posted by KHAndAnime (13606 posts) -

Looks nice, new, and spiffy. I have a MiM Fender Fat Strat myself, but I don't play it often because it's not so great for metal. I've got myself a Schechter Hellraiser, which plays very nice for metal.

My next guitar will need to have 7 strings. :)

#3 Posted by Master_Live (14395 posts) -

Yeah, but you won't.

#4 Edited by MonsieurX (29965 posts) -

Here's mine

#5 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (3801 posts) -
#6 Posted by BranKetra (48413 posts) -

Not yet, but I plan on learning electric guitar. I already know trumpet and at some point, I will learn piano.

#7 Edited by GazaAli (22647 posts) -

Here's mine

I came here to post the exact same thing. I can't believe someone else thought of this XD

Here's mine :3

#8 Posted by Allicrombie (25185 posts) -

damnit, was hoping for a thread about cereal killers.

#9 Edited by SaintLeonidas (26155 posts) -

#10 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (3801 posts) -

@Allicrombie: Sorry to disappoint.

Would you like me to pop to the local school ?

....That was a bit dark...

#11 Edited by EPICCOMMANDER (454 posts) -

I tried learning guitar a few years ago using one of my sister's old acoustic guitar, only problem is, I'm left handed. I briefly considered switching the strings so I could do more advance things with it, but then my sister wanted the guitar back so I left it as is. After I moved away to college I've since put that dream on hold indefinitely.

I don't get i-Oh, the Shining. Right.

#12 Posted by Mercuria1_King (276 posts) -

I am currently teaching myself how to play.

#13 Posted by KHAndAnime (13606 posts) -

I tried learning guitar a few years ago using one of my sister's old acoustic guitar, only problem is, I'm left handed. I briefly considered switching the strings so I could do more advance things with it, but then my sister wanted the guitar back so I left it as is. After I moved away to college I've since put that dream on hold indefinitely.

I don't get i-Oh, the Shining. Right.

Why not just learn to play right handed? That's what I did.

#14 Edited by BranKetra (48413 posts) -

@Allicrombie said:

damnit, was hoping for a thread about cereal killers.

Lucky the Leprechaun is innocent. Innocent, I tell you!

#15 Posted by EPICCOMMANDER (454 posts) -

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

Why not just learn to play right handed? That's what I did.

Yeah, I maybe could do that, but now I don't have a guitar anymore. Also as much as I keep telling myself I'd like to learn to play guitar, if I really wanted to I probably would have done it and learned it by now. I've been home for two whole months now and haven't even thought about trying to learn it or even trying to find a guitar I could use.

#16 Posted by indzman (17533 posts) -
#17 Edited by Xeno_ghost (683 posts) -

Oh that kind of axeman, how disappointing...

#18 Posted by hippiesanta (9836 posts) -
#19 Edited by Assassin_87 (2313 posts) -

Gonna try to jump back into it. I started learning when I was about fourteen (my uncle was trying to teach me) but just did not have the focus necessary at the time.

I actually just ordered one of these:

#20 Edited by jasean79 (2371 posts) -

Oh hell yeah, been playing for over 25 years, Classical for 15 of those.

I currently own the following:

My main "axe", a 2001 G.V. Rubio "Torres" Classical

My other two:

Godin "La Patrie" Collection Classical/Electric

Cordoba RCWE Classical/Electric narrow body:

#21 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (3801 posts) -

New pick :D

#22 Posted by jasean79 (2371 posts) -

Extra heavy? That's what you want for the lightning speed picking.

#23 Posted by EPICCOMMANDER (454 posts) -
@jasean79 said:

@klunt_bumskrint said:

Well unless he's Johnny Ramone's son, he said he hasn't had lessons in 20 years, so I don't think he's going to be trying downpicking at a moderate tempo any time soon. That's a cool pick though.

#24 Posted by jasean79 (2371 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

@klunt_bumskrint said:

Well unless he's Johnny Ramone's son, he said he hasn't had lessons in 20 years, so I don't think he's going to be trying downpicking at a moderate tempo any time soon. That's a cool pick though.

Maybe not, but if he does alternate picking (down, up, down, up) he'll get a lot more use of the heavier gauge pick and really boost his chops.

#25 Edited by EPICCOMMANDER (454 posts) -

Oh, and I hope you bought more than one of those picks. I played guitar for like a week and I lost the pick I had, so don't get too attached to it. Your dog will eat it, or you'll lose it inside the depths of your couch, so prepare yourself for the inevitable.