Answering Text Messages

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

The local Fox TV station just had a story about a Virgin Mobile poll that was featured on Intomobile.com that asked this question.

Would you answer a text message in any of the following situations?

#2 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

I don't text so I wouldn't have to answer one anywhere.

#3 Posted by LZ71 (10326 posts) -
No to all of the above. I don't mind texting but there's obviously a time and a place for it.
#4 Posted by Chow_Mein_Kampf (6201 posts) -

No to all of the above. There's obviously a time and a place for it. LZ71

#5 Posted by Lord_Terrapin (45 posts) -
I would answer a text message at a funeral if it is about the funeral but I would not be constantly texting.
#6 Posted by chilly-chill (8902 posts) -

I don't have my head buried in my phone but I'll check the txt wherever I am.

#7 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
I'm more of an email junky, and I check my email like when I'm waiting for a professor to come to class, or if I'm chillin' in my car killing 10-12 mins for class to start.
#8 Posted by dave123321 (34361 posts) -
No no no no
#9 Posted by dave123321 (34361 posts) -

[QUOTE="LZ71"]No to all of the above. There's obviously a time and a place for it. Chow_Mein_Kampf

#10 Posted by dave123321 (34361 posts) -
I don't mind texting LZ71
#11 Posted by br0kenrabbit (13395 posts) -

I wouldn't even have my phone turned on in any of those situations.

#12 Posted by jim_shorts (7320 posts) -

I very rarely text and when I do it's to set up a meeting usually. I wouldn't be all that concerned with replying to any of those quickly.

#13 Posted by Wolfetan (7522 posts) -

br0kenrabbit
#14 Posted by soulless4now (41381 posts) -
[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

Wolfetan

#15 Posted by doolindesperado (296 posts) -

nope. would not respond to a text in any of those scenarios.

#16 Posted by Syfadious (7 posts) -
I've texted during meetings at work, though never in a one-on-one meeting. Other than that I wouldn't text in any of those situations.
#17 Posted by fastesttruck (25353 posts) -
Depends who was texting me
#18 Posted by Dogswithguns (10909 posts) -
Would not..
#19 Posted by muller39 (14944 posts) -

I've never done any of those. I hate texting and I rarely do so. If you need to get ahold of me come speak with me face to face or call me.

#20 Posted by Ratchet_Fan8 (5550 posts) -

[QUOTE="LZ71"]No to all of the above. There's obviously a time and a place for it. Chow_Mein_Kampf

#21 Posted by PernicioEnigma (5420 posts) -
I can't stand my cell phone. I pay 20 dollars a month and all I end up doing with that $20 is sending a few text at the most each month. It's a massive waste of money. There must be some plan I can sign up for which better suites my needs.
#22 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

The poll answers are questions.

My world has been turned upside down.

#23 Posted by Postmortem123 (7717 posts) -

I don't do text messages, so no.

#24 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15502 posts) -

#25 Posted by Sajo7 (14049 posts) -
Texting during intercourse is perfectly fine as long as it is sexting.
#26 Posted by johnd13 (8173 posts) -

Texting during intercourse is perfectly fine as long as it is sexting.Sajo7

:|

#27 Posted by chilly-chill (8902 posts) -

I can't stand my cell phone. I pay 20 dollars a month and all I end up doing with that $20 is sending a few text at the most each month. It's a massive waste of money. There must be some plan I can sign up for which better suites my needs.PernicioEnigma
You only pay $20 a month, what do you even get with that package?

#28 Posted by johnd13 (8173 posts) -

[QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"]I can't stand my cell phone. I pay 20 dollars a month and all I end up doing with that $20 is sending a few text at the most each month. It's a massive waste of money. There must be some plan I can sign up for which better suites my needs.chilly-chill
You only pay $20 a month?

I pay 10 euros a month :cool:

#29 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15502 posts) -

[QUOTE="chilly-chill"][QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"]I can't stand my cell phone. I pay 20 dollars a month and all I end up doing with that $20 is sending a few text at the most each month. It's a massive waste of money. There must be some plan I can sign up for which better suites my needs.johnd13

You only pay $20 a month?

I pay 10 euros a month :cool:

I pay $30 a month for unlimited everything, including data. >.>
#30 Posted by bnarmz (1370 posts) -
Depends, I dont think answering texts is as important as answering the phone. In my experiences, all of my important conversations have always been thru actual talk. I can answer a text at any time. If the message is really important, call me and/or leave a voice message. For the most part, I treat texts like E-mails, I'll get to them when I get to them.
#31 Posted by aaronmullan (33411 posts) -
I haven't and wouldn't do any of these. I text when I'm not busy.
#32 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6854 posts) -
I'd answer it at a funeral (well, depending on who's funeral it is and how important the text is at the moment). But definitely not to the other choices.
#33 Posted by chrisrooR (9027 posts) -
[QUOTE="Chow_Mein_Kampf"]

[QUOTE="LZ71"]No to all of the above. There's obviously a time and a place for it. Ratchet_Fan8

#34 Posted by johnd13 (8173 posts) -

I'd answer it at a funeral (well, depending on who's funeral it is and how important the text is at the moment). But definitely not to the other choices.Shottayouth13-

This. If the funeral is for a dear person of mine I wouldn' t answer it.

#35 Posted by Franklinstein (7014 posts) -
I don't see a problem with a few of those, but obviously some of them are flat out rude.
#36 Posted by WiiCubeM1 (4729 posts) -

No to all of the above. I don't mind texting but there's obviously a time and a place for it. LZ71