Another Shooting involving Assault Rifles and Children

• 137 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for taterfrickintot
taterfrickintot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51 taterfrickintot
Member since 2008 • 2851 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="Ace6301"]It's probably going to turn out the shooter is related to the victims given how they don't remark on it being a home invasion attempt. Also it was a semi-automatic AR-15, not an assault rifle. Also that's fvcking horrible. wis3boi

AR-15 is a assault rifle. These are also semi-automatic and it's the same thing as a regular handgun (not directly towards you, but in general).

assault rifle = full auto

full auto = banned since '84

Indeed. The asthetics of the gun dont make it any more or less deadly, and should play absolutely zero part on whether or not they should be legal.
Reed_Bowie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Reed_Bowie
Member since 2011 • 506 Posts
I blame MK Ultra
Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

The term assault weapon is a relatively new term. Its intentionally close to Assault Rifle as to give them impression that these weapons are automatic. Using the definition gun control advocates use nearly every handgun is an assault weapon. Its term that was invented with the sole purpose of being as broad and scary as could be be.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Imagine that....someone that wants to commit a crime finds a way to do so. In other news....the sun is hot.PernicioEnigma
I agree! People who really want to commit a crime are probably going to do so whether we try and stop them or not, so why even try, right?

If you think you can stop all crime you are either ignorant or stupid.....
Deadpool-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Deadpool-n
Member since 2012 • 489 Posts

[QUOTE="Deadpool-n"]Yeah, because the same thing couldn't have been done with a handgun or a knife...planeforger_basic

I hear this a lot (particularly the knife thing), but I'm honestly curious - do teenagers really commit that many large-scale stabbing incidents, with high mortality rates?

It seems unlikely to me, if only because their arms would get kind of tired after the third or fourth victim. Not to mention the possibilty that a decently strong adult might stand a chance of defending themselves against a kid with a knife, or could at least run out of range of a knife, and so on.

Whether or not his arms get tired is irrelevent, if someone has that much anger or rage and is going for a kill they will typically go to the end whether is is them or their victims. Whatever a person who is going to kill has available they are going to use it. So because he had the rifle available he used that, if he had a pistol he would have used that. It is as simple as that. Knife attacks don't happen as much only because somone usually has something else available. The fact is he obviously wanted them dead and he would have done anything to do it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 LJS9502_basic
Whether or not his arms get tired is irrelevent, if someone has that much anger or rage and is going for a kill they will typically go to the end whether is is them or their victims. Whatever a person who is going to kill has available they are going to use it. So because he had the rifle available he used that, if he had a pistol he would have used that. It is as simple as that. Knife attacks don't happen as much only because somone usually has something else available. The fact is he obviously wanted them dead and he would have done anything to do it.Deadpool-n
Fix your quotes.....I never said that....
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#57 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="Deadpool-n"]Yeah, because the same thing couldn't have been done with a handgun or a knife...Deadpool-n

I hear this a lot (particularly the knife thing), but I'm honestly curious - do teenagers really commit that many large-scale stabbing incidents, with high mortality rates?

It seems unlikely to me, if only because their arms would get kind of tired after the third or fourth victim. Not to mention the possibilty that a decently strong adult might stand a chance of defending themselves against a kid with a knife, or could at least run out of range of a knife, and so on.

Whether or not his arms get tired is irrelevent, if someone has that much anger or rage and is going for a kill they will typically go to the end whether is is them or their victims. Whatever a person who is going to kill has available they are going to use it. So because he had the rifle available he used that, if he had a pistol he would have used that. It is as simple as that. Knife attacks don't happen as much only because somone usually has something else available. The fact is he obviously wanted them dead and he would have done anything to do it.

That's a whole lot of assuming going on
Shinobi-Neo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#58 Shinobi-Neo
Member since 2005 • 254 Posts

...I also heard about amok runner in Germany. People shouldn´t be able to own guns.

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

Flase flag, I bet ya it is.

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#60 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
damn video games.
Deadpool-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Deadpool-n
Member since 2012 • 489 Posts

[QUOTE="Deadpool-n"]Whether or not his arms get tired is irrelevent, if someone has that much anger or rage and is going for a kill they will typically go to the end whether is is them or their victims. Whatever a person who is going to kill has available they are going to use it. So because he had the rifle available he used that, if he had a pistol he would have used that. It is as simple as that. Knife attacks don't happen as much only because somone usually has something else available. The fact is he obviously wanted them dead and he would have done anything to do it.LJS9502_basic
Fix your quotes.....I never said that....

sorry about that, edited it wrong. fixed

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

damn this is Obama's fault so he can take our guns away and let the NWO take over the US by power of the UN so we're forced to have commie healthcare and use fluoride water and breath in chemtrails and become atheists that practice Sharia Lawlamprey263

what he said

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

AR-15 is a assault rifle. These are also semi-automatic and it's the same thing as a regular handgun (not directly towards you, but in general).

taterfrickintot

Indeed. The asthetics of the gun dont make it any more or less deadly, and should play absolutely zero part on whether or not they should be legal.

your sig...I'm in love

SpartanMSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 SpartanMSU
Member since 2009 • 3440 Posts

Apparently when kids get killed by handguns in doesn't matter as much, even when statistically speaking you're much more likely to get killed by one.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
[QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Imagine that....someone that wants to commit a crime finds a way to do so. In other news....the sun is hot.LJS9502_basic
I agree! People who really want to commit a crime are probably going to do so whether we try and stop them or not, so why even try, right?

My post was SARCASM. I know, people shouldn't be sarcastic on forums...
xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts
Just another average day in other words.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#68 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

This is a domestic shooting involving an"assault rifle". Sad as it may seem, it wouldn't have made national news had it not been tag lined with "assault rifle", which an AR-15 is not. The kid could have easily killed his family with a handgun or shotgun, but since the media's currently focused on "assault rifle", that's what their Google Alerts look for... So of course, they start headlining their articles with "assault rifle" and continue to drive the confusion forward.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#69 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
[QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"] My post was SARCASM. I know, people shouldn't be sarcastic on forums...

LJS misses a lot of sarcasm. To be fair, so do I. To be honest, I would have missed it too.
dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts

LA Times

I'm sure someone will post a meme saying tic tacs kill more people than assault rifles.

Nuck81
People with their damn logic.
oldmanriver1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 oldmanriver1
Member since 2009 • 726 Posts

[QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Imagine that....someone that wants to commit a crime finds a way to do so. In other news....the sun is hot.LJS9502_basic

missing the point, it isn't about stopping ALL crime, its about trying to find ways to reduce crime, wtf is the harm in at least trying?

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 wis3boi

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"] I agree! People who really want to commit a crime are probably going to do so whether we try and stop them or not, so why even try, right?oldmanriver1

missing the point, it isn't about stopping ALL crime, its about trying to find ways to reduce crime, wtf is the harm in at least trying?

people are trying in thee wrong areas

Avatar image for taterfrickintot
taterfrickintot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 taterfrickintot
Member since 2008 • 2851 Posts

[QUOTE="taterfrickintot"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

wis3boi

your sig...I'm in love

Robbaz! :3
Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Drasonak
Member since 2012 • 1515 Posts
Imagine that....someone that wants to commit a crime finds a way to do so. In other news....the sun is hot.LJS9502_basic
Way to trivialize a serious issue with your incessant apathy.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Imagine that....someone that wants to commit a crime finds a way to do so. In other news....the sun is hot.Drasonak

LOL you don't even know me fool....
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

We just need to create the Pre-crime devision with Tom Cruise leading it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"] I agree! People who really want to commit a crime are probably going to do so whether we try and stop them or not, so why even try, right?sSubZerOo

We just need to create the Pre-crime devision with Tom Cruise leading it.

Then we can all sleep safe at night.....yay!
Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Drasonak
[QUOTE="Drasonak"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Imagine that....someone that wants to commit a crime finds a way to do so. In other news....the sun is hot.LJS9502_basic

Yes, I'm lucky.
Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

It must be a government conspiracy, individual gun owners are too responsible to do something like this.

theone86

Perhaps not. But they're still more responsible with their weapons than governments that killed 290 million of their own people through democide during the 20th century alone.

Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Imagine that....someone that wants to commit a crime finds a way to do so. In other news....the sun is hot.Drasonak

Way to debate the unchangeable.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Drasonak"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Drasonak"] Way to trivialize a serious issue with your incessant apathy.

Yes, I'm lucky.

Nah you're a pathetic kid looking for attention on the internet.
Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Drasonak
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Drasonak"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] LOL you don't even know me fool....

Yes, I'm lucky.

Dat projecting. You probably think what you said means something to me, but not everyone is as invested in here as you are. :lol:
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 wis3boi

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Drasonak"] Yes, I'm lucky.Drasonak

Dat projecting. You probably think what you said means something to me, but not everyone is as invested in here as you are. :lol:

true story

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Drasonak"] Yes, I'm lucky.Drasonak

Projecting? I guess you forgot all the pseudo intellectual attempts you make at threads using copy/paste from text books that you just bought for the college courses you'll undoubtedly not benefit from.......seeking attention here that you don't get elsewhere. Must hurt to be completely invisible in life.

As for the second part....I don't actually give a f*ck what means something to you. You're not important kid.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts
So...what should the media do instead? Should they just not make a big deal out of incidents where multiple people get murdered?

I mean, any murder of an innocent person is a bit of a tragedy, and large-scale ones sound like pretty big deals to me.
Provided that they don't give huge publicity to the murderers themselves, these are the sorts of crimes that absolutely should be in the public eye, because if they can be prevented, that would undoubtedly be a good thing.

Planeforger
As I said this is a big country with over 300million people, so someone somewhere is going to do bad things every day. To report on every minor shooting as if it's an unprecedented national tragedy and to have news organizations from other countries reporting on it is absurd.
LLYNCES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 LLYNCES
Member since 2012 • 378 Posts

[QUOTE="Drasonak"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Nah you're a pathetic kid looking for attention on the internet.LJS9502_basic

Projecting? I guess you forgot all the pseudo intellectual attempts you make at threads using copy/paste from text books that you just bought for the college courses you'll undoubtedly not benefit from.......seeking attention here that you don't get elsewhere. Must hurt to be completely invisible in life.

As for the second part....I don't actually give a f*ck what means something to you. You're not important kid.

obama_laughing.jpg

10/10 would read again, has anybody ever been b*tchslapped so hard on this forum before?

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

[QUOTE="Planeforger"]So...what should the media do instead? Should they just not make a big deal out of incidents where multiple people get murdered?

I mean, any murder of an innocent person is a bit of a tragedy, and large-scale ones sound like pretty big deals to me.
Provided that they don't give huge publicity to the murderers themselves, these are the sorts of crimes that absolutely should be in the public eye, because if they can be prevented, that would undoubtedly be a good thing.

Laihendi

As I said this is a big country with over 300million people, so someone somewhere is going to do bad things every day. To report on every minor shooting as if it's an unprecedented national tragedy and to have news organizations from other countries reporting on it is absurd.

The media gives people what they want.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Much anger in this topic, such a heated issue. I like the way the gun nut crowd act like kids having their toys taken away.

cryemocry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 cryemocry
Member since 2013 • 590 Posts

Much anger in this topic, such a heated issue. I like the way the gun nut crowd act like kids having their toys taken away.

tenaka2
government and criminals will have guns and you wont. That's being F8cked
cryemocry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 cryemocry

gov is scared of the public having guns because they arent fully in power untill they have your guns.

Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#93 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

tenaka2

And people wonder why its difficult to have a mature conversation about American politics.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

cryemocry

The fact you believe that your own government is out for you says a lost about the American psyche.

Next you will wheel out the classic 'House Invasion Scenario'

cryemocry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 cryemocry

[QUOTE="cryemocry"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

The fact you believe that your own government is out for you says a lost about the American psyche.

the government has guns so why cant the public disarm the government?
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="cryemocry"] government and criminals will have guns and you wont. That's being F8cked cryemocry

the government has guns so why cant the public disarm the government?

Do you the u.s. defence forces?

cryemocry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 cryemocry

The cops werent there to protect me when i was playing on a playground with tunnels when i was a kid and a kid pulled a pocket knife out on me and acted like he was gonna stab me and started chasing me through the tunnels.

cryemocry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 cryemocry

Say you live near bears lol one starts to run at you well looks like you're one dead mother F*cker lol because the government took your gun away.