Another Mass Shooting, today it's in Arizona

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#-49 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150475 posts) -
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"] There's nothing to be stumped about in regard to people who commit mass shootings; they get butthurt, grab a gun or two, and vent their frustrations on random people. As for the gang shootings, sometimes there are innocent bystanders that get hit by stray bullets. Don't they deserve news coverage?Bucked20
Mass shootings are generally carried out by those with mental illness.....:|

Oh yeah cause gang members can't have some sort of mental illness

While gang shootings tend to have collateral deaths...they are carried out with a specific target and specific motive.
#-48 Posted by THE_DRUGGIE (24964 posts) -

[QUOTE="Squeets"]

[QUOTE="leviathan91"]

Don't be fooled by the media hype. There's nothing to fear and nothing to be too concerned about. Life itself is risk and that's how life is. It's all risk.

As for the topic, I'm getting sick and tired of this media hype. They cover random shootings but never shootings in poor neighborhoods or gang-infested areas.

Bucked20

Why cover gang shootings? Beligerants who hate each other try to kill each other? How is that news? What is news, however, is a crazed man shooting innocent people seemingly at random... 

Gang members are people too,its not just them being killed either

I don't think gang members are people.

#-47 Posted by Bucked20 (6951 posts) -
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Bucked20"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Mass shootings are generally carried out by those with mental illness.....:|

Oh yeah cause gang members can't have some sort of mental illness

While gang shootings tend to have collateral deaths...they are carried out with a specific target and specific motive.

Doesn't mean they can't suffer from mental illness
#-46 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150475 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Bucked20"] Oh yeah cause gang members can't have some sort of mental illnessBucked20

. Doesn't mean they can't suffer from mental illness

You're totally stretching it...

#-45 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

There used to be this problem in many sports venues in the US.  Unruly fans would race onto the field and disrupt the game.  The cameras would all pan to them and they'd be soaking in the attention.  Then, all the sports networks and venues, made a smart decision.  If any fan ran onto the field, there would be no media coverage of it.  They would wait until security grabbed the guy and then resume the broadcast.  Since then, these disruptions have all but ceased to happen.  Maybe the media could learn something about this from how they cover shootings.  STOP FCKING immortalizing these shooters and splashing their picture across the country.  It seems to encourage others.

sonicare

^This. 

#-44 Posted by MrGeezer (56152 posts) -

There used to be this problem in many sports venues in the US.  Unruly fans would race onto the field and disrupt the game.  The cameras would all pan to them and they'd be soaking in the attention.  Then, all the sports networks and venues, made a smart decision.  If any fan ran onto the field, there would be no media coverage of it.  They would wait until security grabbed the guy and then resume the broadcast.  Since then, these disruptions have all but ceased to happen.  Maybe the media could learn something about this from how they cover shootings.  STOP FCKING immortalizing these shooters and splashing their picture across the country.  It seems to encourage others.

sonicare
1) It's easy to tell them to stop, but the fact remains that they only do that kind of coverage because that $*** sells. If this is a problem, then it starts with audiences. We can't really expect them to stop that kind of coverage when the public is demanding it. 2) I's still like to see some evidence on exactly how many of these kinds of shootings sprees actually ARE done in order to get famous. Is there any evidence that that was this shooter's motive?
#-43 Posted by DaJuicyMan (3462 posts) -

I once thought that banning or restricting guns was a solution, but now I don't think so, because that would leave law abiding citizens at a disadvantage. Perhaps we need armed guards everywhere, or more police officers.

BluRayHiDef
yeh dood, moar gunz so less peeple are shot
#-42 Posted by JohnF111 (14067 posts) -
[QUOTE="sonicare"][QUOTE="JohnF111"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Eh....mass shootings have been known to happen in other countries.

As long as they stay in other countries then I don't care.

You're demonstrating the same lack of empathy that these mass shooters have. People in your country should lock you up.

So I have to care about things thousands of miles away about people I haven't and likely will never see or meet? If I did that then I'd have no time to do anything else. It was terrible, hope everyone is okay and that no bad things happen to them ever again. Better?
#-41 Posted by zombehhhhh (452 posts) -

I thought the world was supposed to end last year.

#-40 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26070 posts) -
#-39 Posted by lonewolfman10 (541 posts) -

What is with all these shootings as of late?

#-38 Posted by wis3boi (31184 posts) -

What is with all these shootings as of late?

lonewolfman10

No more than usual, just more than usual media coverage