Another Girl Help Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

5ynt4x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 5ynt4x
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

All right, so there's this girl who I'm determined to ask out. I've run through a million different ways to do it, but whenever I'm about to ask her, I realize that whatever I plan on saying to her isn't good enough, and end up not doing it, 'cause I want to think of something better to say. I'll only see her a few more times before school's out (high school, if it matters), so I'm running out of time.

How should I go about this?

rb2610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 rb2610
Member since 2007 • 3325 Posts
Don't do what I did and start off by saying "can I ask you a question?" then ask and start mumbling about how you're crap at asking people out :? That went well :roll:
Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dracargen
Member since 2007 • 7928 Posts

Hire a band. On the last day of school, when everyone is finally leaving to go home and play Xbox, march out in front of them (including your girl) and have them begin playing Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley while you lip-sync. Oh, and do it naked.

You'll live happily ever after.

Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Boba_Fett_3710
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts
Hello...I love you...Won't you tell me your name...
B-lowme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 B-lowme
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Chloroform
Avatar image for PirateHunter911
PirateHunter911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PirateHunter911
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Hire a band. On the last day of school, when everyone is finally leaving to go home and play Xbox, march out in front of them (including your girl) and have them begin playing Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley while you lip-sync. Oh, and do it naked.

Dracargen
Exactly! ;)
fallconet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 fallconet
Member since 2007 • 1014 Posts
sound like lack of self confidence and depression to me,go see a doctor,it may results to suicide few years later.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178878 Posts
Just do it...short and simple.
djtdon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 djtdon
Member since 2008 • 265 Posts

Just go for it man, whats the worst that could happen, she says no, so what there will be other girls in your life

and even if people take the p*ss out of you for it, it dont matter if "school's out" soon

freshgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 freshgman
Member since 2005 • 12241 Posts

"wanna see a movie"

/thread

Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dracargen
Member since 2007 • 7928 Posts
[QUOTE="Dracargen"]

PirateHunter911

Exactly! ;)

Worked with you, too, huh?

Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Boba_Fett_3710
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts

Just go for it man, whats the worst that could happen, she says no, so what there will be other girls in your life

and even if people take the p*ss out of you for it, it dont matter if "school's out" soon

djtdon

I agree. Good advice.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts
Don't ask her out. Asking gives her the option of turning you down. Just hit her on the head with a stick.
Crunchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Crunchman
Member since 2003 • 9316 Posts
Tell her you love her, then hand her the heart of a Squirtle. Works everytime. 8)
djtdon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 djtdon
Member since 2008 • 265 Posts
[QUOTE="djtdon"]

Boba_Fett_3710

I agree. Good advice.

See thats what i like about gamespot, people actualy reply and use there brains unlikelets say youtube for example where you just get spam and flaming lol

bradleybhoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bradleybhoy
Member since 2005 • 6501 Posts

ChloroformB-lowme

ya just spray it in her face

Le-Beave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 Le-Beave
Member since 2005 • 4950 Posts
lol, TC... I'm in the exact same situation as you man...
elblanquito_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 elblanquito_81
Member since 2007 • 4356 Posts

/facepalm

What is so hard about just going up to her and just asking her if she wants to go out? There's no need to go and prepare a whole speech, just ask her flat out. That's all. Any other way is just going to sound forced and rehearsed and not natural (like it should).

goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 goodlay
Member since 2005 • 5773 Posts
The longer you wait, the worse it will get, you just gotta remember that it isn't weird or unnatural for you to ask her out, just gotta ask her and see what she says.
RiseAgainst12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 RiseAgainst12
Member since 2007 • 6767 Posts
Punch her in the ovaries. it releases a hormone that will make her fall blindly in love with you.
5ynt4x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 5ynt4x
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I know I should just go ahead and do it, but I have next to no experience with this kind of thing (yes, I am that much of a loser), so I have no idea how to go about it. I'm not planning a speech, just a sentence or so, but everything I think of seems wrong somehow.

How about this: what do people typically say?

elblanquito_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 elblanquito_81
Member since 2007 • 4356 Posts

I know I should just go ahead and do it, but I have next to no experience with this kind of thing (yes, I am that much of a loser), so I have no idea how to go about it. I'm not planning a speech, just a sentence or so, but everything I think of seems wrong somehow.

How about this: what do people typically say?

5ynt4x
You're only, what, in high school? You're far from a loser. All it takes is going up to her, striking up a conversation (could be about anything) and find out what her interests are, whether she likes going to movies, the mall, amusement parks, whatever. That's all. Just take it from there and ask her if she'd like to go out sometime, to a movie or whatever.
Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts

/facepalm

What is so hard about just going up to her and just asking her if she wants to go out? There's no need to go and prepare a whole speech, just ask her flat out. That's all. Any other way is just going to sound forced and rehearsed and not natural (like it should).

elblanquito_81

Hahaha. Very true, but if the TC wants an easier, but slighty lame way to do it, here's something I did to ask out my girlfriend (and we're STILL together nearly two years later). Get a small piece of paper, either a notepad or cut out a sheet, and ask her to go out with you, and then put a checkmark for yes, and one for no, and then mark sure to sign it with your name. Now, if you have any lockers, leave it in there and see what happens, if you don't have any lockers, find one of her friends to make sure they give it to her.
mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#25 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts
all you should do is, go up to her, introduce yourself and then ask her
muffincakes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 muffincakes87
Member since 2008 • 3913 Posts

I went through the same exact thing you did my friend. Just remember this the next time you see her.

"JUST F**KING TALK TO HER OR YOU WILL F**KING REGRET IT!!!!"

If you get denied or not you at least you tried which is most important.

Red_Trigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Red_Trigger
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts
Remember that 90s movie when that guy wanted to attract a girl so he went out to the foot ball feild while she was cheerleading and started singing a romantic love song over the loud speakers and then dodging the security guards, thats the ULTIMATE WAY TO GET HER, GO FOR IT!
bladeeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bladeeagle
Member since 2006 • 1863 Posts

Remember that 90s movie when that guy wanted to attract a girl so he went out to the foot ball feild while she was cheerleading and started singing a romantic love song over the loud speakers and then dodging the security guards, thats the ULTIMATE WAY TO GET HER, GO FOR IT!Red_Trigger

10 things I hate about you?

Half-Life_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 Half-Life_man
Member since 2006 • 6302 Posts

Seriously I'm one of the shy-est persons you could ever meet and even I asked a girl out. She said no, but still I did it...well, over the phone, but that works too unless you've never spoken a word to them.

By the way, my line was "Hey, I'm thinking about [going to a movie*] tonight, I was wondering if you wanted to come, too."

*insert wherever you want to take her

2nd EDIT: Also, no one's gonna make fun of you unless you like pass out or something

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts

If you are funny naturally - you will have no problem. Since it's HS, get to know her a bit and show her you're a cool guy.

geraldwillkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 geraldwillkill
Member since 2005 • 1134 Posts
wait till next year because once you fall in love get ready for a life of pain!
Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jolly_Lolly
Member since 2008 • 332 Posts

dude just be like "hey babe, i saw you checkin me out....wanna see more?"

and then you whip it out.

BAM! :D

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
heres something, go grow a pair and ask her out. in the worst case scenario, you might be turned down, but you can always bounce back and move on.
epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 epic_pets
Member since 2008 • 5598 Posts

Well, tell her you love her

sinistra45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#35 sinistra45
Member since 2008 • 7379 Posts

don't approach it with a formulated question... that will fall apart for numerous reasons. First of all, you'll be anticipating certain responses for your plan, and when you don't receive the expected response you lose track of your formula. When this happens, it is natural to panic because you don't know what to do next. Then you get quiet while trying to think of something, and everything gets a little awkward. Another reason not to approach her with a rehearsed approach is that when you delived your lines they SEEM REHEARSED. This is ingenuine, and chicks don't dig that. What you have to do is have NO plan at all... NO expectations... NO reservations either. Just talk to her. Like you would talk to the grocery store clerk who is bagging your groceries. Don't get intimidated. She is just another human being like you, me, your mom, the guy working at the video store, and "W" Bush... JUST ANOTHER HUMAN. Don't go into it expecting to fail, nor expecting to succeed... just go into it with the reserve that you are trying to get to know her better as a person. Right now, think about her... What is going through your mind (without OVERthinking anything)? What you just thought about is what you should tell her. Then go for a walk, or sit in the library, or something, and let a conversation develop naturally... and remember to maintain a little confidence (even if you have to pretend, just making the effort to be bold gets girls' attention).

Good Luck Dude