Anonymous: We have Ferguson shooting grand jury results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

Story.

Hacker group Anonymous claims that through government sources they gained access to they learned that Officer Darren Wilson will not be indicted in the shooting of 18-year old Michael Brown. In their announcement they make sure to address the shooting as a murder.

According to them, Missouri governor has already ordered local police chiefs and jail commanders to prepare for civil unrest, and to prepare the National Guard to enforce martial law if necessary.

The results wasn't planned to be announced until around November 10th, according to the leak. The leak also claims that Wilson has altered his appearance and his girlfriend is pregnant with their first child.

Thoughts? Do you think it is a legitimate leak or is it just Anonymous blowing smoke to start controversy and see if they can spark some riots?

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

I'll wait for an official announcement. Wouldn't be too surprised though.

Centurion95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Centurion95
Member since 2009 • 498 Posts

Yeah I would wait. It would not be the first time the group has stirred the pot to get some more controversy, they live off the stuff. As for the talk about the state gov getting prepped for potential rioting that much is confirmed though. They were caught unprepared for it last time and a chunk of the town burned, I doubt they will be off footed again.

As for the verdict itself I also would not be surprised if he walks, some of the supposed evidence that was leaked, if true, would be in his favor. Either way place is a red barrel waiting for a spark.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

Wouldn't be surprised if Darren Wilson isn't indicted. We don't have much information on what happened that night, but the small bits of information we do have leads me to think that Darren Wilson acted in accordance with his training with proper reasoning.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

Did you see that thug strong arm that grocery store owner just minutes before the shooting? I'm not saying he deserved to die but I don't think he's completely innocent in the situation. But if the cop shot him in his back with his arms raised surrendered then its really fucked up and he should do some jail time.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Well, since the independent autopsy showed that Michael Brown went for the officer's gun, I think I know what will happen.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Wouldn't surprise me if legit, they've already leaked other info the Ferguson police have kept under wraps. Also, it's long been speculated they were holding off results until later in the year when it's colder in hopes both public interest in the case diminish as well as colder weather might mean less people will take to the streets.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lamprey263

@airshocker said:

Well, since the independent autopsy showed that Michael Brown went for the officer's gun, I think I know what will happen.

Do you not think it's possible he might have stuck his hand out because the officer drew his gun on him? The wounds are consistent with both sides accounting of the events, the officers and the several witnesses. Regardless, he wasn't shot to death at the cop's window, he was shot like 30-some feet from the cop car, unarmed, and no immediate threat to the officer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@lamprey263 said:

@airshocker said:

Do you not think it's possible he might have stuck his hand out because the officer drew his gun on him? The wounds are consistent with both sides accounting of the events, the officers and the several witnesses. Regardless, he wasn't shot to death at the cop's window, he was shot like 30-some feet from the cop car, unarmed, and no immediate threat to the officer.

The independent autopsy is showing he was shot at close range.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lamprey263

@airshocker said:

@lamprey263 said:

@airshocker said:

Witness and police accounts have all been consistent with the fact that the first couple shots happened at close range in the initial scuffle between Mike Brown and Officer Wilson that happened through the car window, be it whatever turn of events you think transpired that resulted in those first couple shots fired from inside the vehicle. It was the rapid succession of shots fired outside and away from the vehicle that resulted in the killing. This has all been known since the story first broke and nothing has changed. This has been a consistent point from the beginning on both sides of the issue.

Mike Brown was shot multiple times after attempting to flee the confrontation that started in the window of the car, including two shots to the head, when he posed no imminent danger to Officer Wilson at that point. The wound to the hand and gun powder residue found on Mike Brown's body is consistent with both accounting of events, be it the story Mike Brown reached into the car to retrieve the gun, or that the officer initiated the scuffle by yanking him from inside the car and drew his gun and fired. The wounds to the hand isn't conclusive to either turn of events, it remains just as considerable Mike Browns injury and gun powder residue on the body could have happened just the same in both accountings.

This doesn't excuse the officers actions that he pursued Mike Brown and continued firing, whereupon the officer delivered the fatal shots.

Furthermore, that grand jury's duty isn't to convict Officer Wilson with proof beyond a reasonable doubt, it's to find if there's sufficient evidence to indict him on charges, whereupon he'd face a jury trial that can go either way. And given there were five separate eye witness accounts that are consistent with the point that Mike Brown posed no imminent danger to the officer when the killing shots were fired, I'd say that's sufficient enough to put the case before a jury. Why play stupid? The Ferguson police have shown to not care about transparency, the truth, they've withheld vital information about the incident, have no compelled Officer Wilson to give an official report or accounting of events to date, and have proactively attempted to character assassinate Mike Brown. The grand jury is showing themselves just as culpable at sweeping this under the rug and stonewalling transparency as the Ferguson police have been. The autopsy does not conclusively prove either side of events, rather it appears to compliment either of them just the same. There still exists multiple witnesses that say Mike Brown was killed by Officer Wilson while Mike Brown posed no imminent danger. So, there exists no evidence to discredit any of the witnesses accounting of events, but evidence in the autopsy that compliments both accountings; that to me speaks volumes of the grand jury's culpability and corruption of the justice system when it applies to cops.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

OK then. Really lost all interest in Ferguson when they claimed someone delibrately burned the Brown street memorial.

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The_Lipscomb
Member since 2013 • 2603 Posts

poop

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ad1x2

@airshocker: I'll give you one thing, I don't envy your line of work. At least the men who want to kill me are on the other side of the planet versus the knuckleheads over here who target officers because they think they have the right to do what they want.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

I've been watching much of the protests through the live streams and many of the people are well aware of the court's refusal to indict. They know of this not through an Anonymous leak but through the corporate media's method of inculcating conformity to the public. As one protester said, these "news outlets" are trying get the public accustomed to the probability that Wilson will be absolved of any wrong doing. So basically, the handwriting was on the wall

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@thebest31406 said:

I've been watching much of the protests through the live streams and many of the people are well aware of the court's refusal to indict. They know of this not through an Anonymous leak but through the corporate media's method of inculcating conformity to the public. As one protester said, these "news outlets" are trying get the public accustomed to the probability that Wilson will be absolved of any wrong doing. So basically, the handwriting was on the wall

Does that individual wear a tin foil hat or does he just ignore facts he disagrees with?

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

Hope it's true. That man's a hero.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

If it's true that they hacked into a judicial database then that's pretty fucked up. Not that the NSA didn't already, but still.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@lamprey263: under certain situations it's actually legal for an officer to shoot a fleeing suspect, including if that person assaulted an officer. Mike Brown died becuase he was a violent idiot.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

why is he a hero?

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

@BossPerson said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

why is he a hero?

cause he killed a thug

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lamprey263

@Randolph said:

@lamprey263: under certain situations it's actually legal for an officer to shoot a fleeing suspect, including if that person assaulted an officer. Mike Brown died becuase he was a violent idiot.

That use to be the case that officers were justified in the use of deadly force (rather broadly) that could apply to arresting or stopping a suspect that had committed or was in the process of committing a felony (which I guess means you could have got your head blown off for trying to cash a bad check), however that was struck down in the Supreme Court in the 80s (Tennessee v. Garner), limiting the justifiable use of deadly force in such instances when the suspect posed an imminent threat to the officer or others. By multiple witness accounts, Mike Brown not only didn't pose a threat to officer Wilson when the killing volley of bullets struck him twice in the head and multiple times to his upper torso and arms, but they account he was attempting to surrender.

Now, the evidence of shots fired fired from the vehicle, the wounds to Mike Browns hands and gun powder residue aren't conclusive evidence to prove either side of events, but it compliments both accounting of events. What it doesn't excuse, whether he punched the officer, or tried to take his gun in the struggle through the car window, it does not by a long shot excuse the shots fired at a distance, outside the car 30 feet away from where the altercation started, which by multiple witness accounts say that Mike Brown both retreated and attempting to surrender, and posed no threat to the officer or others. And so far, Officer Wilson has given no official accounting of the events that transpired since the incident happened to say otherwise.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@BossPerson said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

why is he a hero?

cause he killed a thug

Let's say he was a thug (which he was), there is no good reason to think that killing thugs where you find them is heroic.

Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts
@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@BossPerson said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

why is he a hero?

cause he killed a thug

In this instance I certainly do not see how he is a hero. But then he isn't a bad person either.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@thebest31406 said:

Does that individual wear a tin foil hat or does he just ignore facts he disagrees with?

If you like, I can give you his twitter account so that you may apply your ad-hominem statement directly.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

@airshocker said:

@lamprey263 said:

@airshocker said:

That's because an execution-style shooting is usually administered at close range.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@Stesilaus said:

@airshocker said:

@lamprey263 said:

@airshocker said:

That's because an execution-style shooting is usually administered at close range.

Good thing the autopsy doesn't show any such thing.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

@Randolph said:

That use to be the case that officers were justified in the use of deadly force (rather broadly) that could apply to arresting or stopping a suspect that had committed or was in the process of committing a felony (which I guess means you could have got your head blown off for trying to cash a bad check), however that was struck down in the Supreme Court in the 80s (Tennessee v. Garner), limiting the justifiable use of deadly force in such instances when the suspect posed an imminent threat to the officer or others. By multiple witness accounts, Mike Brown not only didn't pose a threat to officer Wilson when the killing volley of bullets struck him twice in the head and multiple times to his upper torso and arms, but they account he was attempting to surrender.

Now, the evidence of shots fired fired from the vehicle, the wounds to Mike Browns hands and gun powder residue aren't conclusive evidence to prove either side of events, but it compliments both accounting of events. What it doesn't excuse, whether he punched the officer, or tried to take his gun in the struggle through the car window, it does not by a long shot excuse the shots fired at a distance, outside the car 30 feet away from where the altercation started, which by multiple witness accounts say that Mike Brown both retreated and attempting to surrender, and posed no threat to the officer or others. And so far, Officer Wilson has given no official accounting of the events that transpired since the incident happened to say otherwise.

Actually if the cop's account are true, then it would. Assaulting a cop and trying to take his gun is absolutely a legit reason to consider a suspect an imminent threat, and deadly force would be appropriate. You act as if 30 feet is such a far distance the reality is *if* Mike Brown turned and charged that distance can be covered in mere seconds, and considering *if* the account he assaulted and went for the cop's gun that too would be considered an immediate threat and deadly force would have been an acceptable response.

Not sure if the actual story is true, but if it is I think it's silly people are acting as if there's no way the cop's response could possibly be justified. Based on the evidence we have so far, there are clear scenarios that would justify the cop's actions.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

Isn't it time where all public officials have a mandatory gopro in there front pocket?

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Renevent42
@DaBrainz said:

Isn't it time where all public officials have a mandatory gopro in there front pocket?

I do agree with this. I'd rather police departments spend money on personal video recording devices for all officers then on stuff like assault/tactical gear. Frankly it would probably make them safer and would of course reduce any shenanigan's from their side as well.

WillamWallace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31 WillamWallace
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Cops win. Thugs lose. Good to hear.

Is it a coincidence that Ferguson was 64% black only 30% white...

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

@Renevent42 said:
@DaBrainz said:

I do agree with this. I'd rather police departments spend money on personal video recording devices for all officers then on stuff like assault/tactical gear. Frankly it would probably make them safer and would of course reduce any shenanigan's from their side as well.

Yeah WHO CARES about them being safe I just want to watch them even though that will cost far more than any kind of gear

Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Abbeten
Member since 2012 • 3140 Posts

yeah cameras are not that expensive bruh

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Renevent42
@fueled-system said:

@Renevent42 said:
@DaBrainz said:

Yeah WHO CARES about them being safe I just want to watch them even though that will cost far more than any kind of gear

Nice knee-jerk response. I specifically mentioned the cop's safety in my post, and actually that was the primary reason. There's a bunch of reports around you are welcomed to find, but basically police departments are spending tons of money on military grade tactical gear, this gear rarely if ever is used and even when it's used it's usually overkill for the situation.

Personal cameras would have a greater impact on safety IMO, because if criminals know they are being recorded during their interactions with police officers, I think that would reduce (or at least make criminals think twice) about trying anything against the officer. Of course it would also help in the civil abuse side of things as well, cop's knowing their interactions with the public are also being recorded. This would also help during any litigation as questions of "what actually happened that day" isn't just a he said/she said ordeal.

It's a win/win IMO.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@DaBrainz said:

Soon. The NYPD is already this.

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

there is corruption in the world no doubt, but not in this case, it's just another black thug who got shot for robbing a store, roughing up the clerk, disturbing traffic by walking down the middle of the road in traffic, then attacking a police officer and got shot, end of story... meanwhile in KCMO a 6 year old black girl got randomly shot via drive by shooting at a local 7Eleven store at about 7PM the week of the World Series... with multiple witnesses yet the black thug ghetto ass community won't step forward to give information on the black lunatics that shot and murdered a little girl for no reason at all, just playing Grand Theft Auto for real. The story hasn't even been mentioned by mainstream blacks at all, Sharpton... the conman etc. Since the BS in Ferguson it's more than likely thousands of people have been murdered by crazy ass ghetto rats.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I thought the major controversy over this whole thing was the poorly handled police response in Ferguson. I didn't think that the Michael Brown individual generated national waves.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ad1x2

@JangoWuzHere said:

I thought the major controversy over this whole thing was the poorly handled police response in Ferguson. I didn't think that the Michael Brown individual generated national waves.

Oh, Brown was the controversy. Initial media reports stated that Wilson shot him in cold blood and within 24 hours riots were breaking out and celebrities were jumping to Brown's defense. Later reports showing Brown robbing a store were dismissed as a smear campaign and evidence Wilson's account was true were dismissed as the result of a coverup.