Animal Cruelty Situation, Only OT Can Help.

#1 Posted by Master_Live (14674 posts) -

So, my new next door neighbors have a dog and they have left him outside on their backyard for like at least 3 straight days while strong rain has been continuously poring. Now, I don't know exactly what arrangement they have with this house since they seem to come and go and be out a couple days and then come again (who cares, not my house, that ain't the point).

The dog has like a little house but he never seems to enter it and just stays outside while it rains. It rains, then it doesn't, then it rains again and he sometimes cries and barks. I don't know if he has food (there are two aluminum plates besides the house but those would be soaked wet by now), maybe he has food inside his dog house but would he have enough for 3 days (ummm)?

Now, I will say, for like the past 6 months we have been suffering a drought so maybe they went away thinking it would continue to not rain and left the dog outside? Maybe the owners just died? Because if I was still in the Island (Puerto Rico) I wouldn't give a shit about my vacation and I would go back and get my dog to safety. If they are in Disney or something then fuck my life, such cruelty.

So now I'm thinking whether I should call the cops/animal rescue etc. or not. I took a 3 minute video which shows the freaking dog under the rain while he looks toward the inside of the owners house while he cries and barks. Maybe I should put that on Youtube, link it to Facebook, share it with all my friends (some which SJW of the 1st caliber) and let the owners get what might come their way. But of course that can have unintended consequences and could get Goku level 4 pretty fast.

I'm thinking about just getting close to the contiguous fence and somehow give him something to eat (he barks at anyone that gets close and I'm afraid he would bite me). I just want them to take care of their dog.

Maybe I'm just overreacting (ummm) since anyone I ask don't seem to give a fuck. Some find any excuse to give a break for owners, arguing that it ain't that bad (is it?). Others warn me about getting entangle on legal stuff which could turnout to be a headache.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TL:DR my neighbors left their dog outside like 3 day under the rain and I don't know if I should call the authorities.

So what would you do in this situation? Call the authorities? Maybe feed him something until the owners comeback? Or fuck it, mind my own business and like Drago says: "If he dies, he dies"? And that is that.

#2 Posted by Korvus (3860 posts) -

If it's been 3 days without sight of the owners maybe you should call someone...if they are really abandoning the dog like that they deserve it, and if not then they might appreciate that someone else cared enough about their dog to do something.

Personally, I think a video on YT is a bad idea...if your first action is public shaming it might turn ugly really quick, especially if they happened to plan to be away half a day and something bad happened "We crashed out car, my wife was in the hospital for almost a week, and when we got home we found out that not only did we had the police on our doorstep but some fucker had posted all over the internet that we were mistreating our dog!!"

#3 Posted by indzman (17836 posts) -

@korvus said:

If it's been 3 days without sight of the owners maybe you should call someone...if they are really abandoning the dog like that they deserve it, and if not then they might appreciate that someone else cared enough about their dog to do something.

Personally, I think a video on YT is a bad idea...if your first action is public shaming it might turn ugly really quick, especially if they happened to plan to be away half a day and something bad happened "We crashed out car, my wife was in the hospital for almost a week, and when we got home we found out that not only did we had the police on our doorstep but some fucker had posted all over the internet that we were mistreating our dog!!"

#4 Posted by deeliman (2432 posts) -

I agree with @korvus

#5 Edited by TheFlush (5558 posts) -

Definitely call animal rescue, it can't hurt if they came by to have a look just to be certain.

#6 Edited by airshocker (29699 posts) -

I would call the cops.

#7 Posted by SOedipus (6814 posts) -

Who cares? People leave their dogs out all the time. My neighbour here does that too. It was a rainy week and that little bastard wouldn't stop whimpering.

#8 Posted by EasyComeEasyGo (585 posts) -

@airshocker said:

I would call the cops.

And also Animal Cruelty about the abuse Dogs.

#9 Posted by airshocker (29699 posts) -

@SOedipus said:

Who cares? People leave their dogs out all the time. My neighbour here does that too. It was a rainy week and that little bastard wouldn't stop whimpering.

People who aren't cruel to animals care. Obviously you're just a piece of shit in general.

My dog has never whimpered because of something I've done to him. And I never would do anything to make him that way.

#10 Posted by Sword-Demon (6970 posts) -

Definitely call the authorities.

@SOedipus said:

What the hell is wrong with you?

#11 Edited by plageus900 (1068 posts) -

Only OT Can Help......

That is a very bold statement, sir.

#12 Posted by konvikt_17 (22237 posts) -

@SOedipus said:

i hope your trolling

#13 Posted by konvikt_17 (22237 posts) -

what breed is it?

#14 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23772 posts) -

call the local humane society and have it investigated.

i have done it a bunch of times.

it's easy.

#15 Edited by playmynutz (5983 posts) -

Shoot the dog and end its misery