And there it goes, Gamespot.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by brankozab (5 posts) -

Well, as you can see, everyone is panicking,arguing,yelling,punching about this new style of the site and I agree 100%. This style is just completely buggy. You know I never paid any attention to this site, I mean yeah I was here every week to check new releases but I was never the forum kind of guy or checking news and stuff, and now here I am, angry as hell, trying to find my way through! The saddest part is that my favorite option

( New Releases ) is gone or probably thrown in some corner like the rest of the stuff.Eh, but It's Gamespot, so I'm hoping they will get things right/back, until then I will just sit and refresh.

P.S : Yay, my first blog.

#1 Edited by Dariency (9406 posts) -

Disregard. Sorry, still adjusting to these new features :P

#2 Posted by sirkibble2 (861 posts) -

I actually don't think any of the yelling, arguing is necessary. They just flipped the site over yesterday. Of course there will be bugs. And yes change means adjusting and no one wants to be brought out of their comfort zone but there's so many people saying they can't find anything and it's a new site. I'm not sure what people were expecting.

#3 Posted by Danyawesomsauce (105 posts) -

I'm not frustrated with all the bugs, I knew there would be a lot of those. Every newly-released website has them. I'm frustrated because they took a lot of features away that I used on the old site, like Fuse, the various emoticons we could use, community editorials on the homepage and a couple of other things.

#4 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6687 posts) -

Blogs are posted to the forum now?

#5 Posted by Danyawesomsauce (105 posts) -

@Shottayouth13-: There's an option when you're posting a blog to have it appear on the forums, too.

#6 Posted by chaplainDMK (6649 posts) -

@Shottayouth13-: There's an option when you're posting a blog to have it appear on the forums, too.

We used to tell people like this "blog it"... Now what? :D

#7 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13703 posts) -

Blogs are posted to the forum now?

It's to increase activity I presume.

#8 Posted by CyberLips (1616 posts) -

Honestly, i like the new site. *hides*

#9 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14257 posts) -

@Danyawesomsauce said:

@Shottayouth13-: There's an option when you're posting a blog to have it appear on the forums, too.

We used to tell people like this "blog it"... Now what? :D

Now when people update their blogs and if they decide to have it appear on the forums, you'll see a notice in the title that says it's a blog post beforehand. You can either post, or simply ignore it.

#10 Posted by dave123321 (33304 posts) -

Crazy world

#11 Edited by rigbybot127 (149 posts) -

I like this GS a lot more than the old, archaic, ugly, un-maintained one. Best yet, I've yet to run into many trolls and undesirables.

#12 Posted by chaplainDMK (6649 posts) -

@chaplainDMK said:

@Danyawesomsauce said:

@Shottayouth13-: There's an option when you're posting a blog to have it appear on the forums, too.

We used to tell people like this "blog it"... Now what? :D

Now when people update their blogs and if they decide to have it appear on the forums, you'll see a notice in the title that says it's a blog post beforehand. You can either post, or simply ignore it.

I was just joking about what to tell people to stop doing this. "private blog it" or something...

#13 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14257 posts) -

@Hallenbeck77 said:

@chaplainDMK said:

@Danyawesomsauce said:

@Shottayouth13-: There's an option when you're posting a blog to have it appear on the forums, too.

We used to tell people like this "blog it"... Now what? :D

Now when people update their blogs and if they decide to have it appear on the forums, you'll see a notice in the title that says it's a blog post beforehand. You can either post, or simply ignore it.

I was just joking about what to tell people to stop doing this. "private blog it" or something...

My bad.

#14 Posted by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

Believe ot or not this change is growing on me faster than any previous change did, so its not so bad.

#15 Posted by MirkoS77 (6838 posts) -

I would give GS the benefit of the doubt at least for a few weeks. What they're doing is no small thing. I'm willing to bet more ancillary features will be making a return after they've got the basics down and the site working properly. I'm a bit pissed at some things missing but have faith they'll return in some form or another.

#16 Edited by johnd13 (7798 posts) -

The site just recently changed. Give it some time and you'll get used to it.

#17 Posted by Kats_RK (2079 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

The site just recently changed. Give it some time and you'll get used to it.

Wise words.

#18 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23426 posts) -

It'll be fine once they work out the kinks, but then again the last forums had glitches and bugs which went unfixed for *years* so I can see why people don't have a whole lot of faith that things will improve.

What I do not understand is why they bothered holding the beta, then went ahead and launched anyway with all the exact same bugs still present that were clearly identified over the beta period.

#19 Posted by sirkibble2 (861 posts) -

@Ninja-Hippo: Yeah. That's a legit question. It's entirely possible they were forced to launch it early but who knows?

I do miss some features such as the Daily Update page and New Releases page but I find myself more drawn to their reviews and blogs, which is probably part of the point of the design. And if that's true, it's working.

I'm sure they're also working on new community features, too, not just blog posting to the forums. I hope they are, at least.