Ancient Confession Found: We Invented Jesus Christ

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Makhaidos (1611 posts) -

The only way a nonexistent character could possibly piss off so many people is if he was a product of fanfiction.

#52 Posted by m25105 (3135 posts) -

You atheists on this board are more obsessed with religion than any of the religious people here. It's kinda funny.

#53 Posted by Meinhard1 (6745 posts) -

You can't have conclusive evidence about something that happened 2000 years ago.

Many scholars believe Jesus was a real person -- maybe they're wrong, maybe they're right. When it's that far in the past we don't know anything for sure.

#55 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (7691 posts) -

@m25105 said:

You atheists on this board are more obsessed with religion than any of the religious people here. It's kinda funny.

Agreed, they're a joke.

Yeah, this place was much better when it had threads created specifically to evangelize.

#56 Posted by bob_toeback (11267 posts) -

The thing is.... a document saying he didn't exist is exactly the same as one saying he did.

#57 Edited by playmynutz (5925 posts) -

100 years from now people will believe post history of these times were fabricated. 2000 years from now people will decipher gamespot as a pagan ritual

#58 Edited by wis3boi (30902 posts) -

2000 years from now people will decipher gamespot as a pagan ritual

It isn't already? Damn...

#59 Posted by themajormayor (25648 posts) -

Bad news for Christians, Muslims, Bahais and others. Not bad news for adherents of Judaism, Hindus and others.

#60 Edited by LJS9502_basic (149522 posts) -

Bad news for Christians, Muslims, Bahais and others. Not bad news for adherents of Judaism, Hindus and others.

LOL at believe this....

#61 Posted by tenaka2 (17012 posts) -

@tenaka2 said:

There is no evidence, that is not an opinion, people are free to think what they like, some people may think unicorns are real, as there is currently no evidence to suggest that unicorns exist, I would personally think it is unlikely.

As there is currently no evidence for the existence of any the gods in human history, I personally think there is little chance of there being any gods. If any evidence was found, my opinion may change.

LJ it is dishonest for you to suggest that there is evidence of gods existing, as you know there is none.

Congratulations....you missed the entire point.

Congratulations on having no counter argument, you are great at attempting to distract from the actual post.

#62 Posted by WiiCubeM1 (4727 posts) -

@tenaka2 said:

It doesn't matter if jesus existed or not, it wont matter to the believers, to be religious a person must be lacking in reason and logical thought.

Tenaka, to be religious is simply believe that their is more to life than the natural world beyond what humans can comprehend.

To be judgmental is to be lacking in reason and logical thought. You, of all people, should know that making claims as pure fact without overwhelmingly substantial evidence is a pretty short-sighted move.

#63 Posted by THUMPTABLE (1805 posts) -

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

@m25105 said:

Agreed, they're a joke.

Yeah, this place was much better when it had threads created specifically to evangelize.

@m25105 said:

Agreed, they're a joke.

Yes, we are the one's with the ludicrous beliefs!

#64 Edited by Stesilaus (3283 posts) -

@deeliman said:

There are 100's of religious people throughout history that have made important scientific discoveries using reason and logic. Please take your ignorance elsewhere.

Ironically, many of the most recognizable personalities in science and mathematics were also very devout.

Newton, Gauss, Euler, Pascal and Maxwell (James Clerk) are just a few examples that I can remember at the moment.

#65 Posted by bob_toeback (11267 posts) -

I invented Jesus in my past life.

#66 Edited by Clownbabby (6 posts) -

It's so simple, i am amazing that some people just cant comprahend this. If god doesnt exist than why ar we here?

Morans.

#67 Posted by wis3boi (30902 posts) -

It's so simple, i am amazing that some people just cant comprahend this. If god doesnt exist than why ar we here?

Morans.

whose alt are you?

#68 Posted by the_bi99man (11028 posts) -

The thing is.... a document saying he didn't exist is exactly the same as one saying he did.

I would like to think that if some guy has found what he describes as "a confession that proves the story of Jesus was falsified", then it wouldn't just be a document saying he didn't exist. It would be a document describing how the story was fabricated, and by whom, and for what purposes, complete with detailed descriptions of all the people involved, and their discussions on the subject of falsifying the story, written by someone who was there to see it happen firsthand.

That's probably not what this will turn out to be, though.

And I don't give half a shit either way.

#69 Posted by chunkowookie (268 posts) -

Ancient Confession Found: We Invented Jesus

Coming to the Discovery channel.

Right after an encore presentation of Mermaids: The Body Found.