Ancient Confession Found: We Invented Jesus Christ

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

American Biblical scholar Joseph Atwill will be appearing before the British public for the first time in London on the 19th of October to present a controversial new discovery: ancient confessions recently uncovered now prove, according to Atwill, that the New Testament was written by first-century Roman aristocrats and that they fabricated the entire story of Jesus Christ. His presentation will be part of a one-day symposium entitled "Covert Messiah" at Conway Hall in Holborn (full details can be found at

Although to many scholars his theory seems outlandish, and is sure to upset some believers, Atwill regards his evidence as conclusive and is confident its acceptance is only a matter of time. "I present my work with some ambivalence, as I do not want to directly cause Christians any harm," he acknowledges, "but this is important for our culture. Alert citizens need to know the truth about our past so we can understand how and why governments create false histories and false gods. They often do it to obtain a social order that is against the best interests of the common people."

http://uk.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11201273.htm

very interesting. cant wait to see what he will reveal on the 19th.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

Joseph Atwill should do that to the muslim .... and wait for their rection

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3  Edited By Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

This guy is a crackpot conspiracy theorist and nobody (especially us atheists) should listen to him.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#4  Edited By lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

@hippiesanta: Yeah, I thought muslims acknowledged Jesus' existance even before all the stuff with the roman empire?.

Also, I don't buy it because I'd assume that romans would have shaped the story to their best interests, which they most certainly didn't.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

LOL....I have some government monuments and national parks to sell you.

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Makhaidos
Member since 2013 • 2162 Posts

Bridges! London bridges here! Get your London bridges; big bridges, small bridges, we got 'em all!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LJS9502_basic  Online

@Makhaidos said:

Bridges! London bridges here! Get your London bridges; big bridges, small bridges, we got 'em all!

I don't know man.....London Bridge is falling down...

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

It'll be just like the book of Judas and many other hoax books they've found. The chance of finding anything written by the founders of Christianity intact 2000 years later is very very slim.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Can't wait to see how many jimmies will be rustled.

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Makhaidos
Member since 2013 • 2162 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Makhaidos said:

That is an unsubstantiated and uncorroborated rumor. I assure you, our patented London bridges are 100% safe and sturdy! No fair ladies around here!

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I think it's entirely possible, and quite plausible that jesus was in fact invented...however this new 'discovery' is probably nothing much to go on.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

@Makhaidos said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Makhaidos said:

That is an unsubstantiated and uncorroborated rumor. I assure you, our patented London bridges are 100% safe and sturdy! No fair ladies around here!

But I like My Fair Lady...

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

It doesn't matter if jesus existed or not, it wont matter to the believers, to be religious a person must be lacking in reason and logical thought.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LJS9502_basic  Online

@tenaka2 said:

It doesn't matter if jesus existed or not, it wont matter to the believers, to be religious a person must be lacking in reason and logical thought.

Not true....but since you don't understand it....there isn't anything to be gained by discussing it with you.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tenaka2

@LJS9502_basic said:

@tenaka2 said:

Not true....but since you don't understand it....there isn't anything to be gained by discussing it with you.

Then don't start a discussion, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

There is no evidence for the existence of any gods past or present of any religion, ever. To believe in something with 100% conviction while having 0% proof, it not a rational thought process.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ferrari2001

@LJS9502_basic said:

@tenaka2 said:

Hey people like Thomas Aquinas and Descartes aren't known to anyone under the age of 12 or who lived under a rock.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LJS9502_basic  Online

@tenaka2 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@tenaka2 said:

There is no evidence for the existence of any gods past or present of any religion, ever. To believe in something with 100% conviction while having 0% proof, it not a rational thought process.

I wasn't arguing your opinion on the existence of a God. It was the other crap you spouted which was false. I don't argue over opinion dude.

Deadpool-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Deadpool-n
Member since 2012 • 489 Posts

I think it is entirely possible. Just not probable.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tenaka2

@LJS9502_basic said:

@tenaka2 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@tenaka2 said:

I wasn't arguing your opinion on the existence of a God. It was the other crap you spouted which was false. I don't argue over opinion dude.

It is a fact that there is zero evidence for the existence of god, that is not an opinion.

Since I only wrote one sentence it is unclear what you mean by 'other crap'.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LJS9502_basic  Online

@tenaka2 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@tenaka2 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@tenaka2 said:

It is a fact that there is zero evidence for the existence of god, that is not an opinion.

In Your Opinion there is zero evidence. Not everyone's dude. It's arrogant to think you know what someone else has experienced/thinks.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ferrari2001

@tenaka2 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@tenaka2 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@tenaka2 said:

Dude he's saying he won't argue the 2nd part of your post that is a religious person has to lack reason and logical thought. History alone shows that there are many religious people wrought in reason and logical though. That part of your statement is absolutely false.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LJS9502_basic  Online

I can only assume he argues this to support his ideas. He doesn't seem to allow that others reach decisions different than his own.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@tenaka2 said:

There are 100's of religious people throughout history that have made important scientific discoveries using reason and logic. Please take your ignorance elsewhere.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

@deeliman said:

@tenaka2 said:

There are 100's of religious people throughout history that have made important scientific discoveries using reason and logic. Please take your ignorance elsewhere.

That still doesn't mean the religious belief can't still be illogical.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LJS9502_basic  Online

@lonewolf604 said:

@deeliman said:

@tenaka2 said:

Which is what someone says who doesn't understand belief. Which was my point.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ferrari2001

@lonewolf604 said:

@deeliman said:

@tenaka2 said:

Sure religious belief can be illogical but does that necessarily mean all religious belief is illogical.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lonewolf604 said:

@deeliman said:

@tenaka2 said:

I've been going to church since I was born. For years I've been trying to understand it, I still go (because I play music) and also for the social factor. I understand that religion gives people hope and a warm fuzzy feeling. But l get those feelings outside of religion so I don't need it....plus, putting "faith" in something you can't see or hear to me, is illogical. That's just what I feel.

If you don't mind LJ, I would like to hear why you are religious.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deeliman

@lonewolf604 said:

@deeliman said:

@tenaka2 said:

I responded to someone who said that religious people are incapable of using reason or logical thought. I never said that religious belief can't be illogical.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LJS9502_basic  Online

@lonewolf604 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

I've been going to church since I was born. For years I've been trying to understand it, I still go (because I play music) and also for the social factor. I understand that religion gives people hope and a warm fuzzy feeling. But l get those feelings outside of religion so I don't need it....plus, putting "faith" in something you can't see or hear to me, is illogical. That's just what I feel.

If you don't mind LJ, I would like to hear why you are religious.

Because it made the most sense to me. It's not like I didn't question religion as I grew. For a time there I didn't know if I would be able to believe. But I did give it some thought as to why and using logic and reason....I did come to see that there was more out there than humans.

And a few times in my l life I have had instances where that was reinforced to me. It's nothing that I can give you as proof. It's nothing that will make you believe if you don't have faith....but I was answered in such ways as to know it wasn't just me and what I wanted.

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

Religion is better than anarchy.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deeliman

@GOGOGOGURT said:

You don't need religion to prevent anarchy.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By lightleggy

@tenaka2 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@tenaka2 said:

Believing in something while having 0 proof of its existance is not irrational, believing in something when there's concrete, empyrical evidence that directly disproves it, is.

And dont tell me "oh well science already disproved the existance of God!", I'm not talking about "We know about the big bang thus God doesn't exists!". There is still no direct, concrete evidence about it, even scientists accept that crap.

Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts

I'm going with this is a really dumb theory that makes no sense and most historians agree that Jesus was a real person.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

@deeliman said:

@GOGOGOGURT said:

You don't need religion to prevent anarchy.

Right, you can have something worse. Total efficiency.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

It sounds like a very probably situation. Rome would have a lot to gain from a group of religious folks that would "turn the other cheek" instead of battling to the death. Will read...

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By deeliman

@Person0 said:

I'm going with this is a really dumb theory that makes no sense and most historians agree that Jesus was a real person.

Really? I tried to google search it and I couldn't find any info on that. What I did find however, is that there is no historical evidence that he existed.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

@deeliman said:

@Person0 said:

Really? I tried to google search it and I couldn't find any info on that. What I did find however, is that there is no historical evidence that he existed.

He existed in a book made up and written by a group of men, so he had to be real!

/sarcasm.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

@deeliman said:

@Person0 said:

It pretty widely accepted that there was guy named Yeshua who lived in that area around that time.

The whole son of god and a messiah part not so much.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deeliman

@Person0 said:

@deeliman said:

@Person0 said:

It pretty widely accepted that there was guy named Yeshua who lived in that area around that time.

There were multiple people with that name.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

@deeliman said:

@Person0 said:

@deeliman said:

@Person0 said:

There were multiple people with that name.

Let me rephrase that.

Its widely accepted that a jewish man named Yeshua or Jesus was baptized and crucified.

Sorta limits it to Jesus from the bible.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#43 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

This is probably going to be falsified.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tenaka2

@LJS9502_basic said:

@tenaka2 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@tenaka2 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@tenaka2 said:

In Your Opinion there is zero evidence. Not everyone's dude. It's arrogant to think you know what someone else has experienced/thinks.

There is no evidence, that is not an opinion, people are free to think what they like, some people may think unicorns are real, as there is currently no evidence to suggest that unicorns exist, I would personally think it is unlikely.

As there is currently no evidence for the existence of any the gods in human history, I personally think there is little chance of there being any gods. If any evidence was found, my opinion may change.

LJ it is dishonest for you to suggest that there is evidence of gods existing, as you know there is none.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lightleggy

@tenaka2 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@tenaka2 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@tenaka2 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@tenaka2 said:

There is no evidence, that is not an opinion, people are free to think what they like, some people may think unicorns are real, as there is currently no evidence to suggest that unicorns exist, I would personally think it is unlikely.

As there is currently no evidence for the existence of any the gods in human history, I personally think there is little chance of there being any gods. If any evidence was found, my opinion may change.

LJ it is dishonest for you to suggest that there is evidence of gods existing, as you know there is none.

Tenaka, It is dishonest to say that believing in something with no current evidence is irrational, when you later say that if evidence is later found your opinion would most likely change.

What you meant to say was "believing in something that has already been directly disproven with absolute certainess is irrational". Which is not the case with the existance of God.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46  Edited By The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

Right... It's not like there were any historians who weren't Roman who were witnesses or anything...

*Cough*Josephus*Cough*Cough*

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

If Jesus ever did exist he was a cult leader.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@deeliman said:

@tenaka2 said:

People have a knack for this little thing called 'compartmentalization.' Turn your brain into a partitioned hard drive, allowing them to hold conflicting ideas

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LJS9502_basic  Online

@tenaka2 said:

Congratulations....you missed the entire point.

Avatar image for Braun_Roid_Rage
Braun_Roid_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Braun_Roid_Rage
Member since 2013 • 790 Posts

lmao at this dumb ass topic and all these atheist mofo's that think they know it all. GTFO