Americans are 'most attractive' people in the world

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by gamerguru100 (11042 posts) -
[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="GazaAli"] very funny.

But that's what you said. "Stick to natives" White people aren't native to North America, they're native to Europe.

For the sake of realism and pragmatism we can't do that.

What do you mean by "natives" then? All people born in the US regardless of their race?
#52 Posted by GazaAli (23562 posts) -

[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]No you can't say that about European counties. They don't have nearly the population. I said the US has the LARGEST. I didn't say they were the only one.

Pirate700

I'm with you to an extent so I'm kind of ok with the U.S being #1. But the list still sucks.

Well, ok then. That's different. :P

It does not really matter in general to me whether the world think Middle Easterns are attractive or not but its the underlying concept that pisses me off, the concept that we do not exist or the Middle East is a wasteland. We kind of brought to on ourselves so whatever.

#53 Posted by Laihendi (5834 posts) -

This is pretty much a topic in which polls vary so much that the only thing consistent about their results is that countries populated by whites always top the list.

Barbariser
Brazil is no. 2 though.
#54 Posted by gamerguru100 (11042 posts) -
[QUOTE="hippiesanta"][QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="hippiesanta"] atractive like honey boo-boo child and corp

Fail. The average American family does not look like that. Honey Boo Boo's family doesn't represent 315 million Americans. Most families here don't even have four kids.

the OTHER half of american family have more than many kids (for example... honey bubu's siblings are all from different father)

Still a bad representation of us. Most people here aren't that hideous. There are lots of attractive women here in the US. Go to any college campus and you'll know what I mean.
#55 Posted by GazaAli (23562 posts) -

[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="gamerguru100"] LOL I was thinking this too. Storm_Marine

Which further proves the point that the list reflects the average western knowledge about the world. If I had to guess I'd say 5% at most of our women wear niqab.

isn't it illegal for women to style their hair in Gaza?

No its not.
#56 Posted by gamerguru100 (11042 posts) -
[QUOTE="Barbariser"]

This is pretty much a topic in which polls vary so much that the only thing consistent about their results is that countries populated by whites always top the list.

Laihendi
Brazil is no. 2 though.

Brazil has the third largest white population in the world according to Wikipedia (92 million or something like that).
#57 Posted by Storm_Marine (12048 posts) -

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"] Which further proves the point that the list reflects the average western knowledge about the world. If I had to guess I'd say 5% at most of our women wear niqab.GazaAli

No its not.

you'd better fix wikipedia then.

#58 Posted by gamerguru100 (11042 posts) -

[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

Storm_Marine

No its not.

lol
#59 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152242 posts) -
[QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="gamerguru100"] But that's what you said. "Stick to natives" White people aren't native to North America, they're native to Europe.

What do you mean by "natives" then? All people born in the US regardless of their race?

Pretty much nothing. Natives as he likes to call them in the US are various ethnic groups and mixes. Period. There is no one look.
#60 Posted by indzman (19816 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"] I'm with you to an extent so I'm kind of ok with the U.S being #1. But the list still sucks.GazaAli

Well, ok then. That's different. :P

It does really matter in general to me whether the world think Middle Easterns are attractive or not but its the underlying concept that pisses me off, the concept that we do not exist or the Middle East is a wasteland. We kind of brought to on ourselves so whatever.

nobody thinks ME is a wasteland, its significantly rich in culture. Personally i'd love to visit Dubai any day :P

#61 Posted by GazaAli (23562 posts) -
[QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="gamerguru100"] But that's what you said. "Stick to natives" White people aren't native to North America, they're native to Europe.

To me all considerable demographics having an American nationality.
#62 Posted by JohnF111 (14107 posts) -
That poll is just another of the thousands of polls done just about every month, eventually I'm sure every country on that list gets ranked number 1 also it just means more americans took part in the survey than any other country. Even the ugliest nation will vote their own country if they knew just one great looking person in it.
#63 Posted by Lonelynight (30041 posts) -
[QUOTE="GazaAli"]Also no Iran... This list definitely represents the average western knowledge of the world where the Middle East is a wasteland.

hard to tell that they are beautiful when their covered head to toe.
#64 Posted by GazaAli (23562 posts) -

[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

Storm_Marine

No its not.

I'd like to see the link.
#65 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152242 posts) -
[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="GazaAli"] For the sake of realism and pragmatism we can't do that.

American nationality? WTF is that? The US is a mix., Damn.
#66 Posted by gamerguru100 (11042 posts) -
[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="GazaAli"] For the sake of realism and pragmatism we can't do that.

Alright. Just had to have you clear that up. :P
#67 Posted by gamerguru100 (11042 posts) -
[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="gamerguru100"] What do you mean by "natives" then? All people born in the US regardless of their race?LJS9502_basic

I think he means anyone who's a citizen of the country.
#68 Posted by Storm_Marine (12048 posts) -

[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]Well, ok then. That's different. :P

indzman

It does really matter in general to me whether the world think Middle Easterns are attractive or not but its the underlying concept that pisses me off, the concept that we do not exist or the Middle East is a wasteland. We kind of brought to on ourselves so whatever.

nobody thinks ME is a wasteland, its significantly rich in culture. Personally i'd love to visit Dubai any day :P

Dubai is possibly the fakest most artificial city in the world. Cool to visit, but still.

#69 Posted by indzman (19816 posts) -

[QUOTE="indzman"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"] It does really matter in general to me whether the world think Middle Easterns are attractive or not but its the underlying concept that pisses me off, the concept that we do not exist or the Middle East is a wasteland. We kind of brought to on ourselves so whatever.Storm_Marine

Dubai is possibly the fakest most artificial city in the world. Cool to visit, but still.

How?

#70 Posted by gamerguru100 (11042 posts) -
[QUOTE="Lonelynight"][QUOTE="GazaAli"]Also no Iran... This list definitely represents the average western knowledge of the world where the Middle East is a wasteland.

hard to tell that they are beautiful when their covered head to toe.

ikr? Seriously though, there ARE nice looking women in the ME.
#71 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152242 posts) -
[QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="GazaAli"] To me all considerable demographics having an American nationality.

That wouldn't be right either. You can become a citizen yet not native to the land...ie immigration.
#72 Posted by gamerguru100 (11042 posts) -
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] American nationality? WTF is that? The US is a mix., Damn.

That wouldn't be right either. You can become a citizen yet not native to the land...ie immigration.

Well, f*ck. My brain is ready to implode.
#73 Posted by JohnF111 (14107 posts) -

So anyone with a green card is "native"? That's an immigrant not a native. Native should mean anyone born and raised in the USA, someone who hasn't been "native" to any other country beforehand, that's the most realistic way to put it.
#74 Posted by Storm_Marine (12048 posts) -

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="indzman"]

indzman

How?

you'll see when you visit it

#75 Posted by Diablo-B (4053 posts) -

Doesn't surprise me. We have the largest array of people from every culture in the world. The US should be #1.

Pirate700
Interesting point although I think we got voted in because we showcase our celebs more then anywhere else. Canada should be higher on the list, IMO
#76 Posted by GazaAli (23562 posts) -
[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="gamerguru100"] What do you mean by "natives" then? All people born in the US regardless of their race?JohnF111

So anyone with a green card is "native"? That's an immigrant not a native. Native should mean anyone born and raised in the USA, someone who hasn't been "native" to any other country beforehand, that's the most realistic way to put it.

This is what I really meant just did not know how to put it.
#77 Posted by gamerguru100 (11042 posts) -

[QUOTE="indzman"]

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

Storm_Marine

How?

Screw that. Just use Google Images. You don't have to pay over a grand for a plane ticket. :P GI is free. :P

ddd

#78 Posted by indzman (19816 posts) -

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="indzman"]

How?

gamerguru100

Screw that. Just use Google Images. You don't have to pay over a grand for a plane ticket. :P GI is free. :P

ddd

mmm :oops:

#79 Posted by Laihendi (5834 posts) -

you guys can thank me later for putting us to the number 1 spot. I knew my attractivness would come in handy some day

Chris_Williams
I think you have yourself confused with Elijah Wood.
#80 Posted by Stesilaus (3499 posts) -

I assume you mean 'attractive' in the purely gravitational sense?Planeforger

:lol:

#81 Posted by Jackc8 (8500 posts) -

Kind of funny - the English sent all their convicts to Australia and now they're better looking than the English :P

Can't believe Japan's so far down the list though.

#82 Posted by thegerg (15855 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]I have no idea how the U.S is number one and Australia is among top 5. Japan? Seriously? Have you ever seen a Middle Eastern woman? lawlGazaAli

I don't think you understand the US population. We HAVE good looking middle eastern women. We have good looking Asian women. Good looking black women. Good looking latin women. That's why the US is #1. We have the largest collection of good looking people from every ethnicity, race, culture, etc. in the world.

I do not think that is exclusive for the U.S. I can say that about many European countries to an extent. By that logic we should just lump the U.S, U.K, Europe and Australia as number one. I think we should just stick to natives as much as possible of countries. Regardless, I'm willing to ignore the fact that the U.S is number one. But the list's lack of any Middle Eastern country is absurd.

edit: yes I'm thinking of one ethnicity here.

Most people of African, Asian, or Latin decent in the US are native to the US.
#83 Posted by thegerg (15855 posts) -
[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="gamerguru100"] Stick to natives? Then the US and Australia should only count Native Americans and Australian Aborigines, by that logic. gamerguru100
very funny.

But that's what you said. "Stick to natives" White people aren't native to North America, they're native to Europe.

"Native Americans" aren't any more native to the Americans than whites. They immigrated here too, you know.
#84 Posted by gamerguru100 (11042 posts) -
[QUOTE="GazaAli"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]I don't think you understand the US population. We HAVE good looking middle eastern women. We have good looking Asian women. Good looking black women. Good looking latin women. That's why the US is #1. We have the largest collection of good looking people from every ethnicity, race, culture, etc. in the world.

thegerg

I do not think that is exclusive for the U.S. I can say that about many European countries to an extent. By that logic we should just lump the U.S, U.K, Europe and Australia as number one. I think we should just stick to natives as much as possible of countries. Regardless, I'm willing to ignore the fact that the U.S is number one. But the list's lack of any Middle Eastern country is absurd.

edit: yes I'm thinking of one ethnicity here.

Most people of African, Asian, or Latin decent in the US are native to the US.

Actually most Asians here were born outside the country. A large percentage of Latinos are foreign-born as well. However, the majority of the white and black populations are native-born.
#85 Posted by gamerguru100 (11042 posts) -

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="GazaAli"] very funny.thegerg

"Native Americans" aren't any more native to the Americans than whites. They immigrated here too, you know.

Yeah, they were here about 12,000 years before whites. That's not immigration because no immigration policies existed on the North American continent in 10,000 BC. I think I remember reading that light skin didn't appear in humans until 6,000 years ago, so when those people crossed the Bering Strait, white people as we know them today did not exist.

#86 Posted by thegerg (15855 posts) -

[QUOTE="thegerg"][QUOTE="gamerguru100"] But that's what you said. "Stick to natives" White people aren't native to North America, they're native to Europe. gamerguru100

Yeah, they were here about 12,000 years before whites. That's not immigration because no immigration policies existed on the North American continent in 10,000 BC. I think I remember reading that light skin didn't appear in humans until 6,000 years ago, so when those people crossed the Bering Strait, white people as we know them today did not exist.

It is immigration, the fact that a state didn't exist to call it immigration doesn't change that. Anyway, that's not the point. A white man (or black man, or yellow man, or brown man) is just as native to the US as a red man if he was born here.
#87 Posted by gamerguru100 (11042 posts) -
[QUOTE="gamerguru100"]

[QUOTE="thegerg"] "Native Americans" aren't any more native to the Americans than whites. They immigrated here too, you know.thegerg

It is immigration, the fact that a state didn't exist to call it immigration doesn't change that. Anyway, that's not the point. A white man (or black man, or yellow man, or brown man) is just as native to the US as a red man if he was born here.

There's yellow and red men? :o You sir, are in the wrong universe.
#88 Posted by TehFuneral (8083 posts) -

Why isn't Lebanon up there?

#89 Posted by gamerguru100 (11042 posts) -

Why isn't Lebanon up there?

TehFuneral
The list is racist against Arabs. :P Gaza wasn't happy with the lack of Middle Eastern countries on the list. It's all the white man's fault, lol
#90 Posted by thegerg (15855 posts) -
[QUOTE="thegerg"][QUOTE="gamerguru100"] Yeah, they were here about 12,000 years before whites. That's not immigration because no immigration policies existed on the North American continent in 10,000 BC. I think I remember reading that light skin didn't appear in humans until 6,000 years ago, so when those people crossed the Bering Strait, white people as we know them today did not exist.gamerguru100

you seem to be very confused. "Yellow" is a word used to refer to people of Oriental descent, and "red" used to refer to American Indians.
#91 Posted by gamerguru100 (11042 posts) -
[QUOTE="thegerg"][QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="thegerg"] It is immigration, the fact that a state didn't exist to call it immigration doesn't change that. Anyway, that's not the point. A white man (or black man, or yellow man, or brown man) is just as native to the US as a red man if he was born here.

you seem to be very confused. "Yellow" is a word used to refer to people of Oriental descent, and "red" used to refer to American Indians.

LMAO I was being sarcastic. No one in 2013 refers to Asians and American Indians as "yellow people" and "red people". Also, "Oriental" is outdated too. You sir, are in the wrong time period. :P
#92 Posted by helwa1988 (2116 posts) -
i think people are judging this based on American movies. and people think all Americans look like that. and i think this race is a little racist because it is mostly white or white Hispanic countries. India has some gorgeous people. also Lebanon. the guys there are smoking.
#93 Posted by thegerg (15855 posts) -
[QUOTE="thegerg"][QUOTE="gamerguru100"] There's yellow and red men? :o You sir, are in the wrong universe.gamerguru100

LMAO I was being sarcastic. No one in 2013 refers to Asians and American Indians as "yellow people" and "red people". Also, "Oriental" is outdated too. You sir, are in the wrong time period. :P

I simply saw others referring to certain groups of people as colors and joined suit
#94 Posted by JasonDarksavior (9323 posts) -
[QUOTE="indzman"]

poll says "Americans are 'most attractive' people in the world".

Followed by

Top 20 'best looking nations'

1. America

2. Brazil

3. Spain

4. Australia

5. Italy

6. Sweden

7. England

8. India

9. France

10. Canada

11. Mexico

12. Portugal

13. Wales

14. Russia

15. Japan

16. Ireland

17. Argentina

18. Netherlands

19. Scotland

20. Germany

ARTICLE

agree or disagree OT?

i agree, while i haven't been to US but in movies Hollywood people are really stunning lol.

DeadMan1290
Disagree....

#95 Posted by Blue-Sky (10343 posts) -

Could have sworn there were other races besides White in America.

#96 Posted by Nude_Dude (5371 posts) -

Wait wait. England 7th? LOL list

#97 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152242 posts) -
[QUOTE="helwa1988"]i think people are judging this based on American movies. and people think all Americans look like that. and i think this race is a little racist because it is mostly white or white Hispanic countries. India has some gorgeous people. also Lebanon. the guys there are smoking.

lol ITT butt hurt people.
#98 Posted by Blue-Sky (10343 posts) -

Wait wait. England 7th? LOL list

Nude_Dude

It's the teeth

#99 Posted by Kats_RK (2080 posts) -

All i have to say is B*llsh*t.Brazil should be first.The women over there have great bodies.

#100 Posted by mingmao3046 (2637 posts) -
Wtf? There is seriously no way England should be ahead of Portugal, Netherlands, etc. and the US definitely should not be #1. this is an awful list