#1 Posted by FakeMythology (37 posts) -

As a random discussion topic I would like to ask why so many people have a dislike of America and Americans. As the title suggest a number of people have come under the impression that we are an Empire bent on domination of the world. I ask why you agree or disagree? Frankly I don't see the imperial design that so many other nationalities seem to.

#2 Edited by Sephir0th_ (1377 posts) -

Frankly I don't see the imperial design that so many other nationalities seem to.

#3 Edited by FakeMythology (37 posts) -

My god the empire of McDonald's I have never seen it. How foolish I have been. Truthfully though I haven't eaten McDonald's in 7 or 8 years? In and Out burger has been my Californian urge.

#4 Edited by robokill (1064 posts) -

It's propaganda designed to make the US the bad guys. There is an imperialist agenda that is more aptly described as a globalist neocon covert financial takeover that's been going on since the end of WW2. It's not the population that is the problem, it's the monarchy, sorry I mean politicians that ruin the image of the country. But it's supposed to be that way, the empire is being drained of all of its resources and then once it's been sucked dry it'll be sold off to the Chinese and the Russians for pennies on the dollar. The problem isn't nation A versus nation B, it's eugenicist globalists that scientifically manipulate the world via corporations, banks, education, media, religion and pretty much all aspects of life. Most people don't have any clue what's really going on.

#5 Posted by one_plum (6348 posts) -

Oligarchic empire

#6 Posted by airshocker (29042 posts) -

We aren't an empire, for one.

#7 Posted by FakeMythology (37 posts) -

Fully aware that we are not an Empire. Doesn't stop people from calling USA one.

#8 Posted by zaowin (13 posts) -

Nah it's not an empire, we're just conveniently hoarding resources away from nations, causing them to devolve into slaughter and then taming their uncivilized people with militaristic interjection, then setting up puppet democracies to export our pop culture to for no reason at all.

#9 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (15919 posts) -

The US may be hated. But, there's no shortage of immigrants who wants in.

#10 Posted by seahorse123 (1228 posts) -
#11 Edited by magicalclick (22449 posts) -

Because they know USA is the only country that will waste money and help them when they got invaded after all the trash talks.

#12 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1748 posts) -

The world would be much better off if the United States owned it. Out laws are better, our system of voting is better, and our inventions and intellectuals are better. If the world became the USA then everyone would be as happy as everyone is in the States.

#13 Posted by GazaAli (22530 posts) -

The world would be much better off if the United States owned it. Out laws are better, our system of voting is better, and our inventions and intellectuals are better. If the world became the USA then everyone would be as happy as everyone is in the States.

Damn, that would be one grim dystopia.

#14 Edited by comp_atkins (31273 posts) -

if we're trying to dominate the world, we're doing an awfully shitty job at it..