America has already lost .Calls republicans the taliban of the west

This topic is locked from further discussion.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Germans have a different viewpoint of the US election then most of the world.They probably see that the US is doomed no matter who wins.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/commentary-total-capitalism-and-the-downfall-of-america-a-865437.html

Excerpts from article

Germans see the US election as a battle between the good Obama and the evil Romney. But this is a mistake. Regardless of who wins the election on Tuesday, total capitalism is America's true ruler, and it has the power to destroy the country.We want to believe that Obama failed because of the conservatives inside his own country.

Indeed, the fanatics that Mitt Romney depends on have jettisoned everything that distinguishes the West: science and logic, reason and moderation, even simple decency. They hate homosexuals, the weak and the state. They oppress women and persecute immigrants. Their moralizing about abortion doesn't even spare the victims of rape. They are the Taliban of the West.

I seriously don't agree with the description for the republicans, but I still agree with this because I don't think America is going to recover until their can get rid of the partisan bickering.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

What the Chinese think

ScorpionTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 ScorpionTroll
Member since 2012 • 810 Posts

Who gives one shlt about what the frickin' Germans think?

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Couldn't care less what Germany thinks about our politics.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
Can't say that I care really about what the Germans think....it's not like the EU is without problems.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 super600  Moderator

ScorpionTroll

The article makes a good point even though it's opinion of the republicans is really biased.No matter who wins on Tuesday Americans will still have to deal with the partisan bickering in the White House

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts
WTF is Total Capitalism? US has been a Big Government and Big Business Capitalism collaboration for decades. And they blame Republicans? Obama had a full control of the congress and senate. If anyone failed that's the Democrats.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 super600  Moderator

WTF is Total Capitalism? US has been a Big Government and Big Business Capitalism collaboration for decades. And they blame Republicans? Obama had a full control of the congress and senate. If anyone failed that's the Democrats. DevilMightCry

Obama did not have 60 democrats in the senate the majority of the time from 2008-2010 because of issues with a senator who eventually passed away before the midterms elections.They also lost that seat.The republicans controlled the congress from 2010-now.From the context of that article Total Capitalism is pretty much this

Its functionaries have no need of public hospitals or of a reliable power supply to private homes. The elite have their own infrastructure.

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DevilMightCry

[QUOTE="DevilMightCry"]WTF is Total Capitalism? US has been a Big Government and Big Business Capitalism collaboration for decades. And they blame Republicans? Obama had a full control of the congress and senate. If anyone failed that's the Democrats. super600

Obama did not have 60 democrats in the senate the majority of the time from 2008-2010 because of issues with a senator who eventually passed away before the midterms elections.They also lost that seat.The republicans controlled the congress from 2010-now.

You need to brush up on some history. He did pass Obamacare, Dodd-Frank, the Stimulus last time I checked? And he also benefited from two Rinos.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="DevilMightCry"]WTF is Total Capitalism? US has been a Big Government and Big Business Capitalism collaboration for decades. And they blame Republicans? Obama had a full control of the congress and senate. If anyone failed that's the Democrats. DevilMightCry

Obama did not have 60 democrats in the senate the majority of the time from 2008-2010 because of issues with a senator who eventually passed away before the midterms elections.They also lost that seat.The republicans controlled the congress from 2010-now.

You need to brush up on some history. He did pass Obamacare, Dodd-Frank, the Stimulus last time I checked? And he also benefited from two Rinos.

Obamacare and the stimulus package passed before the republicans gained control of the house of representatives.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts
[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="DevilMightCry"]WTF is Total Capitalism? US has been a Big Government and Big Business Capitalism collaboration for decades. And they blame Republicans? Obama had a full control of the congress and senate. If anyone failed that's the Democrats. DevilMightCry

He passed the stimulus with the support of 3 senate republicans (they couldn't block a filibuster at the time, because republicans were delaying Franken's victory in Minnesota). He passed Dodd-Frank with Scott Brown as the 60th vote in the senate. And in order to pass Obamacare, Obama had to force the house to pass the senate bill, because the senate didn't have the votes to pass the health care bill that would've been crafted in conference between the two bodies. It's not like congress has been churning out democratic legislation in the past 4 years, and the three landmark pieces of legislation of Obama's presidency either couldn't have passed without the republican support they received, or had to go through a convoluted legislative process because the democrats coudln't block a republican filibuster. The democrats only had a supermajority in the senate for about half a year of the last four years. There wasn't even enough time to pass a final version of the health care bill within that time period.
WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

The germans, as usual, are over-exaggerating the situation, but they make some good points.

It won't be the end of the country, no matter who wins, but without an end to the bipartisan fighting, we might as well call it quits. Conservatives hold a lot of outdated ideals supported by religious reasoning, and then try to talk about how gay marriage and similar issues are going to ruin the country, when in truth, their refusal to adapt to some situations is what is going to screw us over.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LJS9502_basic

The germans, as usual, are over-exaggerating the situation, but they make some good points.

It won't be the end of the country, no matter who wins, but without an end to the bipartisan fighting, we might as well call it quits. Conservatives hold a lot of outdated ideals supported by religious reasoning, and then try to talk about how gay marriage and similar issues are going to ruin the country, when in truth, their refusal to adapt to some situations is what is going to screw us over.

WiiCubeM1
Eh those issues aren't really of much impact.
WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

[QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

LJS9502_basic

Eh those issues aren't really of much impact.

Exactly.

I know people who are voting for Romney simply because Obama said he isn't against gay marriage. To them, these issues hold more credence than actual issues that affect governmet.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

That's rich coming from a country that is doing really well due to capitalism. They are doing well enough that they have helped bail out the Greeks once and are about to do it a second time.

Still, the Germans need not worry about our politics and worry about their own.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#17 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

uh oh...

22664232.jpg

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

They may be right that we're doomed, but they couldn't be more wrong on why.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#19 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

scoots9

We are not doomed.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
As long as they don't go on a blitzkrieg against their neighbors I don't really care what the Germans do or think.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LJS9502_basic

scoots9
LOL...we're not doomed.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#22 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
People have been saying America is doomed since 1776. =P
DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DevilMightCry
People have been saying America is doomed since 1776. =PAllicrombie
Germans were doomed in 1945.
Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

[QUOTE="scoots9"]

GreySeal9

We are not doomed.

How exactly are you guys going to pay off that 16 trillion dollar debt....

GIJames248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GIJames248
Member since 2006 • 2176 Posts

Curse all that capitalism and liberty stuff!

In all seriousness, I think there needs to be clear deliniation between crony capitalism and actual capitalism. Capitalism is the only framework for the individuals social freedom, crony capitalism is evil, and a great example of why the state should not be allowed to intervene in the market.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

Germans have a different viewpoint of the US election then most of the world.They probably see that the US is doomed no matter who wins.

super600

Der Spiegel has a different viewpoint you mean.

Anyway, I'm just glad that politics has moved past calling the other side nazis and just resorts to comparing them to the Taliban. Progress is here.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Yawn.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

And that is why Cowboys flew jets into Big Ben.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-598fc45371265

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="scoots9"]

Vickman178

We are not doomed.

How exactly are you guys going to pay off that 16 trillion dollar debt....

meh. Germany's debt is 5 trillion+, Japan's is what....10 trillion now? We're all pretty much doomed.

And heck, at least the US has a growing population. Japan and Germany and the rest of the developed world are committing demographic suicide.

dangamit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 dangamit
Member since 2010 • 664 Posts
Germans are brilliant people. You should care what they think.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-598fc45371265

The main thing I've learned is that Jakob Augstein is worried as f uck that Romney will win and needs to vent his frustration somehow.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-598fc45371265

They probably see that the US is doomed no matter who wins.

super600

Also this is especially funny/ironic since Der Spiegel (if I remember correctly) was worshipping Obama 4 years ago.

Avatar image for FutonSentinal62
FutonSentinal62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FutonSentinal62
Member since 2012 • 55 Posts

I don't know about you guys but I live in America. The most powerful country on the planet. If I were a foreigner I'd be very concerned about the direction of politics in the U.S.A. American citizens are easy to manipulate, WMD's in Iraq, and American Exceptionalism is pretty much spreading liberty with bombs. If I were a German who witnessed the rise of Nazism, I'd be very paranoid of any sort of extremism happening in any industrialized country with massive military power. Especially when said country likes to go on military adventures in Central Asia. Conduct drone strikes in Africa and Central Asia, in countries the U.S. is not at war with. I'd be very concerned if a candidate who wants to raise military spending back to Cold War era levels wins the election.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

ScorpionTroll

Ze Germans.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
Don't care and what a load of crap.
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TheWalkingGhost

I don't know about you guys but I live in America. The most powerful country on the planet. If I were a foreigner I'd be very concerned about the direction of politics in the U.S.A. American citizens are easy to manipulate, WMD's in Iraq, and American Exceptionalism is pretty much spreading liberty with bombs. If I were a German who witnessed the rise of Nazism, I'd be very paranoid of any sort of extremism happening in any industrialized country with massive military power. Especially when said country likes to go on military adventures in Central Asia. Conduct drone strikes in Africa and Central Asia, in countries the U.S. is not at war with. I'd be very concerned if a candidate who wants to raise military spending back to Cold War era levels wins the election.

FutonSentinal62
Our military spending is at the highest in history in terms of dollars spent. I live here as well, and this is pure paranoia.
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheWalkingGhost
persecute immigrants.super600
:lol: YEAH! We give them health care, education (Public schools and in state tuition), drivers licenses and don't deport them in countless cities and even whole states all the while accommodating them in whatever language they speak! In 10 years we will surely talk about letting them vote as we give them almost everything else. If anything we are TOO lenient on immigration.
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

Spoken like true Quincies.

cslayer211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 cslayer211
Member since 2012 • 797 Posts
[QUOTE="super600"] persecute immigrants.TheWalkingGhost
:lol: YEAH! We give them health care, education (Public schools and in state tuition), drivers licenses and don't deport them in countless cities and even whole states all the while accommodating them in whatever language they speak! In 10 years we will surely talk about letting them vote as we give them almost everything else. If anything we are TOO lenient on immigration.

Don't forget in some states we charge them in-state tuition for illegal immigrants while still charging out-of-state tuition for any American citizen. Immigrants, especially illegal ones, are given a pass. They can even apply for work now. Next thing you know they will be able to vote without going through the legal process everyone else did.
Avatar image for FutonSentinal62
FutonSentinal62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FutonSentinal62
Member since 2012 • 55 Posts

[QUOTE="FutonSentinal62"]

TheWalkingGhost

Our military spending is at the highest in history in terms of dollars spent. I live here as well, and this is pure paranoia.

Paranoia? Sorry I can't tell if you you're calling me paranoid, or if the bloated defense budget is paranoia.

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#43 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

Germany is doing much more damage to the world at large than America is, by forcing the E.U. to do fiscal consolidation during bad economic times and leading the only economy larger and more important than the U.S.'s to the possibility of a default.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Germans are brilliant people. You should care what they think.dangamit

They wear funny pants, but they are productive.