Am I the only one who feels bad about this?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shairoo11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 shairoo11
Member since 2007 • 196 Posts

The thing is that, it may sound like a weird post but I was wondering, how many gamers here go to college/university and still have game everyday (or whatever routine they have)? I'm asking this is that now that the summer is here and I'm excited because its more game time but lets face it, 2 months is soo short and then with college and university, you barely have time to play.

with the next-gen consoles and awesome new games, I feel pretty depressed of only being to be able to play once a week or even only at holidays because of school and priortities.

I wish I was a kid again :)

Again, not to sound depressing and all but what do you guys feel? Anything to cheer up?

thanks,

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts

The thing is that, it may sound like a weird post but I was wondering, how many gamers here go to college/university and still have game everyday (or whatever routine they have)? I'm asking this is that now that the summer is here and I'm excited because its more game time but lets face it, 2 months is soo short and then with college and university, you barely have time to play.

with the next-gen consoles and awesome new games, I feel pretty depressed of only being to be able to play once a week or even only at holidays because of school and priortities.

I wish I was a kid again :)

Again, not to sound depressing and all but what do you guys feel? Anything to cheer up?

thanks,

shairoo11
I think you should reassess your values if you are depressed by having better things to do than play video games. Maybe you should consider a different major if it is not something you enjoy doing/studying.
shairoo11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 shairoo11

Maybe I wasn't clear.

I love my major. School isisnt the problem here but time. You get caught up soo much in your priorities and all that deep inside your a guy/kid, and you want to game too. I love school and chilling out side and all, but sometimes you feel like playing games too but all you HAVE TIME TO DO IS WATCH REVIEWS OF GAMES YOU WISH YOU HAD TIME TO PLAY.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts
Welcome to real life buddy.
BLKR4330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BLKR4330
Member since 2006 • 1698 Posts

i feel you man! as with everything in life, enjoy it while you can. there are whole genres of games i pass up on just because i know i can't invest enough time in them to enjoy them properly. college days were great for gaming though, going from college to work is where things go downhill fast.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I had plenty of free time when I was in college.  Sure, around exams and such, you buckle down, but you'll have lots of extra time as well.  However, usually, there's just so much other stuff going on that you probably wont want to game.  Think about it.  College is one of the few times in your life where you are surrounded by hundreds to thousands of young, motivated, smart people.  Do you really want to spend that time in your room?

not_wanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 not_wanted
Member since 2008 • 1990 Posts

I game almost everyday and still don't find enough time. :P

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

Only a couple of weeks max each semester I' m not able to "properly" game. I guess it depends on the school and major.

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts
I had more free time in college then in high school, and I was an engineering major. Anyway its summer. Go out, get some sun, hook up, have some our doors fun. Save the indoors fun for winter
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

Free time is a luxury for most adults. I have more free time than most adults but even I have to manage it properly, because 'free time' doesn't mean there isn't shit that I need to get done that's not scheduled for.

If you want to game more it's going to have to come from your other leisurely activities, like TV or hanging out. Just don't go into full anti-social mode over video games.

shairoo11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 shairoo11

i feel you man! as with everything in life, enjoy it while you can. there are whole genres of games i pass up on just because i know i can't invest enough time in them to enjoy them properly. college days were great for gaming though, going from college to work is where things go downhill fast.

BLKR4330

Exactly! i ALWAYS SAY TO MY YOUNGER FREINds, enjoy your time while you have it!!!!!

shairoo11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shairoo11

I had plenty of free time when I was in college.  Sure, around exams and such, you buckle down, but you'll have lots of extra time as well.  However, usually, there's just so much other stuff going on that you probably wont want to game.  Think about it.  College is one of the few times in your life where you are surrounded by hundreds to thousands of young, motivated, smart people.  Do you really want to spend that time in your room?

sonicare

You're right. Too much competition grade wise. I just wonder how people do it you know, have all the time too aha.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44620 Posts
when I used to game in college I did horribly, when I ignored that stuff I did pretty well, still found time to play here and there
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
My gaming is weird. I game a lot during the winter and am lucky to put 2 hours in a week during the summer.
shairoo11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 shairoo11

when I used to game in college I did horribly, when I ignored that stuff I did pretty well, still found time to play here and therelamprey263

Eaxatcly what I did amd it payed off.

shairoo11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 shairoo11

My gaming is weird. I game a lot during the winter and am lucky to put 2 hours in a week during the summer. AmazonTreeBoa

2 hours a week in the summer? how so?