Am I The Only One Who Doesn't Fit My Political Stereotype?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dunl12496 (5710 posts) -

I'm a conservative, but i feel like i have a lot of different views than other right wing people.

-Gay marriage is fine

-I'm atheist

-Pro Choice

-I think fox news is horrible

Anyone else?

#2 Posted by DavesAlt (965 posts) -
beans comes to mind
#3 Posted by TheFallenDemon (13932 posts) -

Weren't you supposed to have been banned or sumthin?

#4 Posted by mattbbpl (10553 posts) -
If you agree with everything that the party you vote for represents, that's a bad sign.

Most people will naturally not fit their party's profile in some way.
#5 Posted by leviathan91 (7763 posts) -

Welcome to the club. You're somewhat of a libertarian Republican. ;)

#6 Posted by dunl12496 (5710 posts) -

Weren't you supposed to have been banned or sumthin?

TheFallenDemon

I just stopped coming on

#7 Posted by Serraph105 (27586 posts) -

surely you aren't the only one like that. I assume that very few people actually fit the rigid stereotype of a single political party.

#8 Posted by Brosephus_Rex (507 posts) -

I feel that way at times.

#9 Posted by Brosephus_Rex (507 posts) -

leviathan91

They, too, have a stereoype. Quite a few, in fact.

#10 Posted by Brosephus_Rex (507 posts) -

beans comes to mindDavesAlt

I love your sig.

#11 Posted by Rhazakna (11022 posts) -
Few people really fit neatly into some political label.
#12 Posted by Stinger78 (5826 posts) -

I'm a conservative, but i feel like i have a lot of different views than other right wing people.

-Gay marriage is fine

-I'm atheist

-Pro Choice

Anyone else?

dunl12496
Are you really a conservative? Those views sound fairly liberal to me.
#13 Posted by lx_theo (6211 posts) -

So, what, social-liberal and fiscal-concervative?

#14 Posted by sSubZerOo (42949 posts) -

-Gay marriage is fine

-I'm atheist

-Pro Choice

Anyone else?

dunl12496
Pretty much any one who isn't a hardline conservative will not fit the stereotype.. The mainstream Republican party for the past 10 years has radicalized and turned batsh!t crazy..
#15 Posted by Sajo7 (14049 posts) -
You're not unusual, but your party has been hijacked by lunacy. I know a lot of the people in that Young Republican's group have similar views to yours.
#16 Posted by sSubZerOo (42949 posts) -
You're not unusual, but your party has been hijacked by lunacy. I know a lot of the people in that Young Republican's group have similar views to yours.Sajo7
To me it seems like the majority of the young republicans have embraced libertarian-ism, though I wouldn't say that's much better..
#17 Posted by chessmaster1989 (28972 posts) -
Nah sounds like you're either libertarian or moderate libertarian, which is what all Republicans should be. Social conservatism is a disgrace.
#18 Posted by bebopoutlaw3gun (5584 posts) -

I tend to vote republican but I do have a lot of liberal views and religion upsets my tummy.

People never expect it out of me being that Im a dirty, broke twenty something thats frequently ****** up.

#19 Posted by Blue-Sky (10314 posts) -

leviathan91

Just because he's against those things doesn't mean he's libertarian.

He's just not "socially" conservative.

#20 Posted by Blue-Sky (10314 posts) -

I tend to vote republican but I do have a lot of liberal views and religion upsets my tummy.

People never expect it out of me being that Im a dirty, broke twenty something thats frequently ****** up.

bebopoutlaw3gun

Sounds like you're just a product of your environment.

#21 Posted by BatCrazedJoker (1978 posts) -
You may just be a conservative when it comes to the economy and stuff like that but with social issues you are more liberal.
#22 Posted by sonicare (53444 posts) -
[QUOTE="dunl12496"]

-Gay marriage is fine

-I'm atheist

-Pro Choice

Anyone else?

I'm with you on all that.
#23 Posted by SirWander (5176 posts) -

probably, maybe, most likely: no. I doubt you are the only one. it's not that rare for people to break conformity to a stereotype.

Sure the commonalities you share with fellow conservatives outnumber the divergneces, or what differences you may have with the common conservative is pretty inconsequential; seeing as you still identify yourself as a conservative. that really doesn't make you special.

#24 Posted by ghoklebutter (19327 posts) -
Probably not. I know conservatives like you IRL.
#25 Posted by Sajo7 (14049 posts) -
[QUOTE="Sajo7"]You're not unusual, but your party has been hijacked by lunacy. I know a lot of the people in that Young Republican's group have similar views to yours.sSubZerOo
To me it seems like the majority of the young republicans have embraced libertarian-ism, though I wouldn't say that's much better..

Yes well, an argument for another day. :P
#26 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27237 posts) -
I'm generally strongly left but: Welfare should be scrapped Illegal imigrants should be deported and companies employing them prosecuted Flat tax for all Not sure that goes down very well with people on the left.
#27 Posted by Brosephus_Rex (507 posts) -

I'm generally strongly left but: Welfare should be scrapped Illegal imigrants should be deported and companies employing them prosecuted Flat tax for all Not sure that goes down very well with people on the left.blue_hazy_basic

I'm some unholy mixture of libertarian, conservative, (probably closest to classical liberal), but LOL @ those suggestions.

#28 Posted by l4dak47 (6838 posts) -
Nah sounds like you're either libertarian or moderate libertarian, which is what all Republicans should be. Social conservatism is a disgrace.chessmaster1989
#29 Posted by TopTierHustler (3961 posts) -

Too much talking.

Too much not making me a sammitch.

#30 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
I only like Fox news for Bill O'Reilly.
#31 Posted by GazaAli (22491 posts) -
You're not the only teen around here.
#32 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

fiscal conservatives and social liberals seem to be all the rage today.