Am I Being Taken Advantage Of? | UPDATE!

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

I'm living with my half sister's aunt and her son in a four bedroom, duplex apartment. I just learned that the amount of money I pay to stay here is twice the entire rent. I raised the issue and was verbally ganged-up on by the both of them. With the money I pay to stay here, she can afford to pay the rent and the electricity bill. So, whatever money she makes from her job is purely disposable income. WTF?

She lied to me in the past, telling me that her rent was higher than it actually was.

UPDATE

Today, I payed her half of what I usually pay. She did not argue or raise her voice. She quietly took the money with this look of disappointment and guilt; I can tell that she knows she's wrong for what she's been doing.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

What else do you get for living there? Does your rent include food and other utilities?

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BluRayHiDef

@jasean79 said:

What else do you get for living there? Does your rent include food and other utilities?

I buy and cook my own food. Also, yes, my rent includes all other utilities. However, the only utility that's payed for here is electricity.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Move out.

Problem solved!

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jasean79

@BluRayHiDef:

Well then I would say you're getting shafted. Is your name on the lease? I mean, if you can afford to pay for the entire rent bill in addition to your own food, then best bet would be to move out and find a place of your own. Is that possible?

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BluRayHiDef

@jasean79 said:

@BluRayHiDef:

Well then I would say you're getting shafted. Is your name on the lease? I mean, if you can afford to pay for the entire rent bill in addition to your own food, then best bet would be to move out and find a place of your own. Is that possible?

I don't make enough money to live on my own.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jasean79

@BluRayHiDef:

But you just said that the money you pay is twice the entire rent. So, that would seem as if you can live in your own apartment for half that? What am I not reading correctly here?

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

Hit up craigslist, cut the losses

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jasean79

@BluRayHiDef:

Well then, I guess you can try to work it out with your aunt and try to explain your side, seeing as how you're unemployed at the moment and need all the money you can get...OR, you can see about moving out - maybe finding a roommate somewhere. You have options.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#11 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

@jasean79 said:

@BluRayHiDef:

But you just said that the money you pay is twice the entire rent. So, that would seem as if you can live in your own apartment for half that? What am I not reading correctly here?

Her rent is subsidized. I didn't know that.

Yeah....Either move out and get a roommate or suck it up. If she is willing to charge you more than her rent when it is subsidized without telling you, I doubt she is going to listen to reason, she want to live for free.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BluRayHiDef

@mattykovax said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@jasean79 said:

@BluRayHiDef:

Yeah....Either move out and get a roommate or suck it up. If she is willing to charge you more than her rent when it is subsidized without telling you, I doubt she is going to listen to reason, she want to live for free.

I plan on giving her half of what I pay from now on.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#13 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

@BluRayHiDef:

As long as that's less than shes paying. you just should not be paying for her, especially when it was under false pretenses.

4myAmuzumament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By 4myAmuzumament
Member since 2013 • 1791 Posts

Do you have a bigger/private bathroom? Is your room bigger? I've seen people use these criteria to determine the cost of rent for each roommate. In your case, though, I doubt it would drive up the cost enough to make you complain about. Get a different roommate and find a place with lower rent.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

What a horrible person, stop giving her your money she's practically robbing you.

megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By megagene
Member since 2005 • 23160 Posts

Dude, you seem to have nothing but grief living in that apartment. Your roommate leaving used condoms lying around and being a thug in general. And now our aunt shafting you. I know you said you don't make enough money to live on your own, but you could still probably find yourself a better deal living elsewhere with different roommates.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BluRayHiDef

@megagene said:

Dude, you seem to have nothing but grief living in that apartment. Your roommate leaving used condoms lying around and being a thug in general. And now our aunt shafting you. I know you said you don't make enough money to live on your own, but you could still probably find yourself a better deal living elsewhere with different roommates.

My living situation is just one of my problems, the biggest of which is my general inability to coexist with others. I was walking in Downtown Brooklyn (NYC) today all the while being mean-mugged, scoffed at, and avoided. I get a bad vibe from everybody. I honestly think about committing suicide on a daily basis. I don't have a place in this world.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

@megagene said:

I don't have a place in this world.

That's just not true. You just need to find something you are passionate about and do everything you possibly can to excel in that area. It'll give you a real sense of purpose and accomplishment, it might even make you more self confident and more easily able to coexist with others.

megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 megagene
@BluRayHiDef said:

@megagene said:

My living situation is just one of my problems, the biggest of which is my general inability to coexist with others. I was walking in Downtown Brooklyn (NYC) today all the while being mean-mugged, scoffed at, and avoided. I get a bad vibe from everybody. I honestly think about committing suicide on a daily basis. I don't have a place in this world.

I don't believe that. I've watched some your youtube vids and you seem like a pretty alright guy.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BluRayHiDef

@megagene said:
@BluRayHiDef said:

@megagene said:

I don't believe that. I've watched some your youtube vids and you seem like a pretty alright guy.

Sorry, son, but that's not the impression people get of me when they see me in person. Just yesterday I was walking down a sidewalk and a woman who was walking toward me entered the street and walked around a car just to avoid walking past me. Reactions such as this one are typical for me.

megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 megagene

@BluRayHiDef said:

@megagene said:
@BluRayHiDef said:

@megagene said:

Sorry, son, but that's not the impression people get of me when they see me in person. Just yesterday I was walking down a sidewalk and a woman who was walking toward me entered the street and walked around a car just to avoid walking past me. Reactions such as this one are typical for me.

So?.... Why let your value and sense of self worth be determined by stupid, shallow, and judgemental people? I mean I know that stuff like that can affect you sometimes, but when you know within yourself that you're not some thug, then who cares what others think?

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BluRayHiDef

@megagene said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@megagene said:
@BluRayHiDef said:

@megagene said:

So?.... Why let your value and sense of self worth be determined by stupid, shallow, and judgemental people? I mean I know that stuff like that can affect you sometimes, but when you know within yourself that you're not some thug, then who cares what others think?

It's easy to say that, but in reality, as a Human being, it hurts to be constantly rejected by other Human beings.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ferrari2001

@BluRayHiDef said:

@megagene said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@megagene said:
@BluRayHiDef said:

@megagene said:

It's easy to say that, but in reality, as a Human being, it hurts to be constantly rejected by other Human beings.

I know you probably don't want to hear this but how can you be sure that other people are actually and legitimately judging and condemning you. Is it not possibly that you believe so strongly that people are actually doing these things that you believe they are even when they aren't? I only say this because, in my experience in large cities people could care less who is walking near them. More often then not they are just drowning everyone and everything out and going about their business.

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#24 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts

Take your anxiety meds dude and stop making excuses for yourself. It won't help you.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BluRayHiDef

@ferrari2001 said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@megagene said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@megagene said:
@BluRayHiDef said:

@megagene said:

I know you probably don't want to hear this but how can you be sure that other people are actually and legitimately judging and condemning you. Is it not possibly that you believe so strongly that people are actually doing these things that you believe they are even when they aren't? I only say this because, in my experience in large cities people could care less who is walking near them. More often then not they are just drowning everyone and everything out and going about their business.

A woman entered the street and walked around a car just to avoid walking by me; it's quite obvious that she judged me. Also, I already mentioned some of the experiences I had today when walking in Downtown Brooklyn, but I did not mention all of them; someone actually yelled out to me "Get the **** out of here!" He was talking directly to me and when I replied "What?" he became scared and said he was talking about a truck. Yea, right; people tell trucks to get the **** out of here.

I'm convinced that when people see me, a short and slim Black male with braids, they think of me as an "urban youth" (i.e. a young, fleet footed, trouble-making Black male). I don't think they're afraid of me, but afraid that I'll try to do something to them.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ferrari2001

@BluRayHiDef said:

@ferrari2001 said:

A woman entered the street and walked around a car just to avoid walking by me; it's quite obvious that she judged me. Also, I already mentioned some of the experiences I had today when walking in Downtown Brooklyn, but I did not mention all of them; someone actually yelled out to me "Get the **** out of here!" He was talking directly to me and when I replied "What?" he became scared and said he was talking about a truck. Yea, right; people tell trucks to get the **** out of here.

I'm convinced that when people see me, a short and slim Black male with braids, they think of me as an "urban youth" (i.e. a young, fleet footed, trouble-making Black male). I don't think they're afraid of me, but afraid that I'll try to do something to them.

It doesn't sound to me that they are judging you personally. It sounds to me you live in a city and an area where urban youth are a commonality. As a result the culture of the area has become a defensive one. People protecting themselves from the unknown. It's a natural response to someone they don't know. I would imagine they yell at dozens of people everyday. It certainly doesn't sound like it was a personal attack against you. I'd imagine if you moved to a more suburban area you'd find people to be far more excepting and a lot less hostile.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BluRayHiDef

@ferrari2001 said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@ferrari2001 said:

I'd imagine if you moved to a more suburban area you'd find people to be far more excepting and a lot less hostile.

I lived in Update New York (Potsdam, in St. Lawrence County) while attending Clarkson University. No difference. Young White women ran away from me numerous times, and their White boyfriends would look at me with hostility whenever I was around, as if I was going to attempt to kidnapp their girlfriends. I'd walk into stores in that town and the clerks would focus all of their attention on me, etc. I know you mean well, ferrari, but you are mistaken. The sad fact is that most people are bigots.

Anyhow, I don't want this to turn into an endless exchange about whether I'm right or not, so let's drop this.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ferrari2001

@BluRayHiDef Well don't be discouraged. I just hope you find something you love doing and you can find joy in it. You're definitely pretty awesome here.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178808 Posts

Pay what she charges or move out. Simple really dude...

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Seriously, why the **** are you still living there? You make at least one thread a week complaining about your living arrangement. Shit isn't going to get better for you if you can't man up and make the changes happen.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Another BRHD complain thread about his cousin ... wait cousins mom this time. Its better you live on street than living with them , you are only making yourself more miserable and getting ripped. MOVE THE FVCK OUT ASAP ( get cheapest place since you can't afford a good place atm ).

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

Move out.

Problem solved!

JDWolfie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JDWolfie
Member since 2007 • 1952 Posts

My advice would be to A) go to colleges/dorms and post that you need a roommate and go from there how much you would split rent B) Possibly apply for Section 8 housing or C) move out of New York. New York isn't exactly cheap.

JDWolfie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JDWolfie
Member since 2007 • 1952 Posts

Honestly, I think if you can get your hair to look like number one or three in the link, I think it would do wonders for you. Hell, some people look better bald (Think Stone Cold Steve Austin).

http://www.latest-hairstyles.com/mens/black.html

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

@jasean79 said:

@BluRayHiDef:

I bet whatever agency is subsidizing her rent would like to know that.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

I just learned that the amount of money I pay to stay here is twice the entire rent...

...With the money I pay to stay here, she can afford to pay the rent and the electricity bill.

So how much are we talking about here, $300? That's not bad for a room anywhere.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts
@BluRayHiDef said:

I'm living with my half sister's aunt and her son in a four bedroom, duplex apartment. I just learned that the amount of money I pay to stay here is twice the entire rent. I raised the issue and was verbally ganged-up on by the both of them. With the money I pay to stay here, she can afford to pay the rent and the electricity bill. So, whatever money she makes from her job is purely disposable income. WTF?

She lied to me in the past, telling me that her rent was higher than it actually was.

She's a mooching bitch.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38  Edited By the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

@jasean79 said:

@BluRayHiDef:

I don't make enough money to live on my own.

You make enough money to pay more than the entire rent on a four bedroom duplex apartment, and still buy all your own groceries and whatnot, but you don't make enough to live on your own?

Go ahead and think about that one for a minute. And also about the fact that you absolutely, 100% are being taken advantage of.

Edit: Read more of the thread, and saw you mention that her rent is subsidized. As someone else said, I'm sure the agency subsidizing her rent (most likely the government) would be pretty interested to hear that she's also exploiting someone else to pay for what little there is left for her to cover. Sounds like a real stand-up citizen. Would I be wrong to assume there's a drug problem involved? No matter.

Anyway, there are definitely other options. Regardless of how much her rent may be subsidized, if you make enough money to cover ALL OF IT (and then some), then you make enough money to cover a similar arrangement with different roommates. I lived for years on part-time work at minimum wage, and I could still afford decent apartments / small houses, with no more than two roommates, and usually just one. If that's literally impossible to do where you are, then you need to think more long-term, and move somewhere else, where the cost of living isn't so high.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

Just to put it out there, what you and your aunt are doing may be illegal depending on the terms of her subsidized rent. And I don't mean simply raising her rent illegal, but criminal charges for fraud illegal. You could have claimed ignorance in the past but since you are writing a thread about it that might not be possible now.

I spent a few years in NYC, while my family is there it just isn't worth it in my opinion. Consider moving elsewhere to a place that is cheaper and you have a better chance of fitting in. Places like Atlanta will embrace you with your look as long as you aren't trying to hang out in Buckhead with the rich people.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

Move out, problem solved.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

Wow she is already getting subsidized housing and making money? Damn, we had my wife's sister and her bf in our house for over 6 months and she never paid a dime. Didn't even provide her own laundry soap or anything.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I don't get it. You know you're being taken advantage of. You make plenty of money to live in your own in another state or city. Why not just move?

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

@airshocker: plus he doesn't seem happy where he is. I say pack up and move start fresh.

I have a friend who had his wife cheated on his his contractor job was slowing way down. He packed up and went to Florida and now he lives close to beach and has new fiancé and new job.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Your Gaming PC is causing too much heat in the apartment, don't be rude bro pay up....

LOL

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BluRayHiDef

@BattleSpectre said:

Your Gaming PC is causing too much heat in the apartment, don't be rude bro pay up....

LOL

Actually, I did the math and determined that in a worst case scenario, I'd add only $30.00 to the electricity bill. Contrary to what you may think, most devices don't cost much to run; it's mainly refrigerators, electrical heating systems and air-conditioning that drive up electricity bills.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BluRayHiDef

@airshocker said:

I don't get it. You know you're being taken advantage of. You make plenty of money to live in your own in another state or city. Why not just move?

I don't think it would be easy to find a job in another state.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

@airshocker said:

I don't think it would be easy to find a job in another state.

It's not easy to find a job anywhere. Everything that you're getting while living in your current situation is of your own doing. You want that to change you have to make it change. So either you take your aunt to court or you move somewhere else. Why don't you try moving to Orange or Rockland County? You'll pay much less in rent than you are now but you'll still be in New York. Here are some places to look for apartments in Rockland: West Nyack, Nyack, New City, Suffern, Spring Valley, Pearl River, Stony Point and Haverstraw. Garnerville is especially cheap since it's a low-income area of Haverstraw. If you want to pay a little bit less you can hop over the border into New Jersey. Mahwah, Paramus and Ramsey are the major suburban cities there and they do have plenty of apartments.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@BluRayHiDef: Listen, I read through the entire thread after I posted that silly joke, and what I saw nearly made me cry - I kid you not. I'm sorry you have to deal with such shallow minded people, that are so pathetic and desperate inside, that they find the need to take it out on others to make themselves feel better.

You mentioned you think about suicide every day, but I tell you what? Why should we lose someone as talented and blessed as you? You might feel insecure by what others do wrongly to you, but let me tell you right now there's nothing you should feel insecure about. I'm a guy and can tell you straight up no homo, that you're a good looking young man with a great physique to match. Why throw that all away just because some people are too dumb to see the real you and get to know you?

Perhaps those people that avoid you don't know you, maybe they're intimidated by you, but you know what? It's not personal. When I walk down the street and see someone maybe with tattoos, ripped jeans and an aggressive looking appearance (no matter the skin colour) I ignore them and straight away judge them. This is the human nature, but what I don't know is that this one person may be the complete opposite of what I thought, and completely surprise me. What I'm trying to say is don't let a few people get in your way, it's like being bullied over the internet, it shouldn't hurt you because they don't know who you really are.

Let me tell you one thing though, you keep on doing your thing and don't stop for anyone. You have nothing to prove to anyone, and you will prove all these people wrong that doubt you when you finally succeed in life. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you do have a talent Adrian. You're a YouTube personality, you have the voice, the looks mate. you have everything to make it big. You keep on putting in the hard yards and you'll reap the rewards. It won't be easy and of course at times you'll feel like giving up.

But what's important right now, and that I hope you can see is that you're a great human being and just because some people treat you differently doesn't mean the whole world will. You should be proud to be who you are, everyday on YouTube you see stories about kids with major disabilities and deformed appearances but they still smile, why? Because they find something or someone that makes them happy.

You Adrian, you have everything to live for. Don't you fucking dare take the cowardly option out and end your life. Everything, and I mean everything will set it's course for you in life. You might feel like you'll never find another job, or maybe you're not good enough for a girlfriend but that's all bullshit. You're a good man Adrian a girl would be very lucky to have you. Remember there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

Anyways to end things here, what I read tonight from you really upset and hurt me. No one on here knows what it's like until it happens to them, and some people can be so hurtful like you've mentioned in your experiences but remember, those people don't know you. They're not open minded at all, and as hard as it may be try and forget about them.

You seem like a really down to earth guy, trust me I'd be honoured to call you my mate. You keep on making those YouTube videos, and playing those games like we all do. Because that's what makes us happy. Everything else will find it's way into your life. But sometimes you have to fight for it. Regardless of that just remember what I said, you have everything to live for Adrian. Others would die to have the chance that you do. Like I mentioned some people are born with sicknesses they battle through their whole life, some die with it. They get no chance to live a normal life or even have a chance at life.

But you, you're young, healthy and have everything right in front of you. This is all coming from the heart and sorry for the long post but it had to be said. You're a good fuckin' man Adrian, I respect you for that.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 BluRayHiDef

@BattleSpectre said:

@BluRayHiDef: Listen, I read through the entire thread after I posted that silly joke, and what I saw nearly made me cry - I kid you not. I'm sorry you have to deal with such shallow minded people, that are so pathetic and desperate inside, that they find the need to take it out on others to make themselves feel better.

You mentioned you think about suicide every day, but I tell you what? Why should we lose someone as talented and blessed as you? You might feel insecure by what others do wrongly to you, but let me tell you right now there's nothing you should feel insecure about. I'm a guy and can tell you straight up no homo, that you're a good looking young man with a great physique to match. Why throw that all away just because some people are too dumb to see the real you and get to know you?

Perhaps those people that avoid you don't know you, maybe they're intimidated by you, but you know what? It's not personal. When I walk down the street and see someone maybe with tattoos, ripped jeans and an aggressive looking appearance (no matter the skin colour) I ignore them and straight away judge them. This is the human nature, but what I don't know is that this one person may be the complete opposite of what I thought, and completely surprise me. What I'm trying to say is don't let a few people get in your way, it's like being bullied over the internet, it shouldn't hurt you because they don't know who you really are.

Let me tell you one thing though, you keep on doing your thing and don't stop for anyone. You have nothing to prove to anyone, and you will prove all these people wrong that doubt you when you finally succeed in life. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you do have a talent Adrian. You're a YouTube personality, you have the voice, the looks mate. you have everything to make it big. You keep on putting in the hard yards and you'll reap the rewards. It won't be easy and of course at times you'll feel like giving up.

But what's important right now, and that I hope you can see is that you're a great human being and just because some people treat you differently doesn't mean the whole world will. You should be proud to be who you are, everyday on YouTube you see stories about kids with major disabilities and deformed appearances but they still smile, why? Because they find something or someone that makes them happy.

You Adrian, you have everything to live for. Don't you fucking dare take the cowardly option out and end your life. Everything, and I mean everything will set it's course for you in life. You might feel like you'll never find another job, or maybe you're not good enough for a girlfriend but that's all bullshit. You're a good man Adrian a girl would be very lucky to have you. Remember there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

Anyways to end things here, what I read tonight from you really upset and hurt me. No one on here knows what it's like until it happens to them, and some people can be so hurtful like you've mentioned in your experiences but remember, those people don't know you. They're not open minded at all, and as hard as it may be try and forget about them.

You seem like a really down to earth guy, trust me I'd be honoured to call you my mate. You keep on making those YouTube videos, and playing those games like we all do. Because that's what makes us happy. Everything else will find it's way into your life. But sometimes you have to fight for it. Regardless of that just remember what I said, you have everything to live for Adrian. Others would die to have the chance that you do. Like I mentioned some people are born with sicknesses they battle through their whole life, some die with it. They get no chance to live a normal life or even have a chance at life.

But you, you're young, healthy and have everything right in front of you. This is all coming from the heart and sorry for the long post but it had to be said. You're a good fuckin' man Adrian, I respect you for that.

I appreciate your sentiment and have considered what you said about not allowing the opinions of strangers to get to me. Perhaps if I mustered up the courage to approach people and talk to them, they'd see me for who I truly am and subsequently I'd learn not to take the reactions of strangers so seriously, because they're nothing personal. Maybe one day I will.

As for YouTube, I'll continue to do my best in producing content whether or not it pays off, because it's fun to do.

Thanks for the encouragement, mate.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jasean79

@BattleSpectre said: