Alzheimer's experiences

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

Have any of you guys dealt with Alzheimer's disease before? It must be such a terrible disease to experience from any angle, be it by suffering with it, or by loving a sufferer.

Do any of you have any experiences dealing with Alzheimer's sufferers? I would be interested to hear any stories you lot would be willing to share.

not_wanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 not_wanted
Member since 2008 • 1990 Posts

I wouldn't remember. lol

ScorpionTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ScorpionTroll
Member since 2012 • 810 Posts

My great grandmother had it. She would often wander around asking for people that had been long dead. She routinely mistook me and other family members for other people that were no longer alive. She would take objects from one place and hide them in another for unknown reasons, and of course, she would forget about them. You could tell her one thing and ten minutes later she would forget all about it. What was really worrisome was she constantly tried to leave the house at random. she couldn't fend for herself out there and if she stayed out too long she wouldn't even remember what house she lived in. It got unpleasant at times.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

I wouldn't remember. lol

not_wanted
Damn it :evil: I wanted to make that joke
StateOfGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 StateOfGrace
Member since 2012 • 96 Posts

My great grandmother had it. She would often wander around asking for people that had been long dead. She routinely mistook me and other family members for other people that were no longer alive. She would take objects from one place and hide them in another for unknown reasons, and of course, she would forget about them. You could tell her one thing and ten minutes later she would forget all about it. What was really worrisome was she constantly tried to leave the house at random. she couldn't fend for herself out there and if she stayed out too long she wouldn't even remember what house she lived in. It got unpleasant at times.

ScorpionTroll
Sounds like my grandmother. She has Alzheimers and is currently in the hospital..
applesxc47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 applesxc47
Member since 2008 • 10761 Posts

My grandfather had it before he died.

He once put about 10 teaspoons of sugar in his coffee because he kept on forgetting he put the first ones in. Aside from that, I wasn't around when he was really bad.