Alien vs Predator vs Colonial Marines (Battle Thread)

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Time for another Battle Thread! For this match up, it is going to be a three-way battle of Aliens (Xenomorphs) vs Predators vs Colonial Marines!

Set up:

Aliens: A total of 10 Xenomorphs will in battle. All of them are Adults. They are all the exact same variation from the first two Alien films. (xenomorphs that hatched from humans)

Predators: There are a total of 3 Predators. They have the normal array of weapons such as a shoulder mounted plasma gun, Killer nets,wrist gauntlets,armor,a staff, etc.

Colonial Marines: A total of 20 marines will be in combat. They are all variety of ranks and some have experience fighting predators and aliens and some don't. All of them have a different variation of armor and weaponry and no two soldiers carry the exact same loadout. So one will have a flamethrower and a handful of grenades, while another soldier has a pulse rifle and a flamethrower but nothing else other than that.

Location: This battle will take place on the Game Preserve Plant (The planet shown in the 2010 Predators film)

Now you decide, who will become the final standing victor? Who will be the first to get demolished?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Aliens man. 7 enough to take care of the predators, rest 3 easily mop up the poorly equipped marines. You could have made it interesting with properly equpied soldiers atleast ( Or atleast ripley in the team).

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

Well, one thing is for sure: Aliens would get their asses handed to them.

As far as whether the Marines or Predators would win, I'm placing my money on the Predators. Predators seem more able to stand on their own and work independently, while humans seem to always rely on communicating with each other and forming complex plans (at least, in the movies). In this environment, this puts the humans at a distinct disadvantage. In order to survive this, they'll have to work together. Unfortunately, working together like that makes them a big freaking target for the Predators. Any halfway decent Predator would be able to, on his own, wipe out at least half of the Marines. The other two Predators would then have little trouble cleaning up what's left of the Marines, especially since te Marines also have their minds occupied by fighting the Aliens.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Behardy24

@indzman said:

Aliens man. 7 enough to take care of the predators, rest 3 easily mop up the poorly equipped marines. You could have made it interesting with properly equpied soldiers atleast ( Or atleast ripley in the team).

I thought I gave the marines a pretty fair fight. That's why there is 20 of them (all with a diverse experience when dealing with extraterrestrials) and they have good equipment with each one having a different set of loadout of weapons. I didn't want to add Ripley as that would make them the human team why too powerful :P

Now looking back on it, I wish I add some androids to the team of Colonial Marines, that could have made things interesting. Maybe next time. :)

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Behardy24

@MrGeezer said:

As far as whether the Marines or Predators would win, I'm placing my money on the Predators. Predators seem more able to stand on their own and work independently, while humans seem to always rely on communicating with each other and forming complex plans (at least, in the movies). In this environment, this puts the humans at a distinct disadvantage. In order to survive this, they'll have to work together. Unfortunately, working together like that makes them a big freaking target for the Predators. Any halfway decent Predator would be able to, on his own, wipe out at least half of the Marines. The other two Predators would then have little trouble cleaning up what's left of the Marines, especially since te Marines also have their minds occupied by fighting the Aliens.

I think Xenomorphs would do okay in this type of battle, I don't think they would win but I definitely think could do some serious damage.

I agree that humans have a disadvantage in this no matter what foe they face.Another thing that puts humans at a huge disadvantage is their emotions. There would be, in no doubt, a lot of mixed emotions and feelings within the group and that could cause massive troubles and disagreements and could be taken advantage of by one of the two other enemies. With the Aliens and Predators, don't have that type of baggage and are fully concentrated on wiping out the other foes, which gives them a virtue in this case. Though, to be fair, humans have critical thinking and if put into use creatively, could have a good fighting chance in taking down the Predators and Aliens.

Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts

@behardy24 said:

@MrGeezer said:

I think Xenomorphs would do okay in this type of battle, I don't think they would win but I definitely think could do some serious damage.

I agree that humans have a disadvantage in this no matter what foe they face.Another thing that puts humans at a huge disadvantage is their emotions. There would be, in no doubt, a lot of mixed emotions and feelings within the group and that could cause massive troubles and disagreements and could be taken advantage of by one of the two other enemies. With the Aliens and Predators, don't have that type of baggage and are fully concentrated on wiping out the other foes, which gives them a virtue in this case. Though, to be fair, humans have critical thinking and if put into use creatively, could have a good fighting chance in taking down the Predators and Aliens.

Predators are prone to hubris. That goes a long way towards why they had their ass handed to them in the first predator vs aliens movie along with why some died needlessly on the game hunting planet. Predators do not go after the weakest first, but the strongest. They also place personal achievement above that of teamwork, or shared kills.

In this scenario, on the game hunting planet, Aliens win. So unless you actually put in unnatural barriers and keep out even moderately sized animals such as cat or dog you're going to have a face hugging frenzy. In the scenario of there being no queen an adult alien will actually become one if you didn't know, as part of the lore for their species.

The marines, unlike predators or aliens, do not utilize efficient melee weapons of any comparable worth. So they are prone to running out of munitions in an open landscape battlefield where there is an actual time limit based on the factors and opponents you chose. They would actually have the best chance of winning IF Aliens weren't asexual with on the need evolution. But time limit, ever increasing targets, and limited resources. To take predator weapons would also put them in the natural crossfire of predators and Aliens, one of which will be delighted to have fresh incubators.

So Aliens. The one's in the picture are warrior caste, which evolve into praetorian, which can become a queen.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

I still think you guys are giving the Aliens a little bit too much credit. Go back and watch Aliens, and fewer than 20 Marines ended up taking out what appears to be well over 10 Aliens fairly easily. And I'm not even talking about the sentry robot scene, or the scenes where Ripley's knowledge of the Aliens played a significant role. Even in the two scenes where it was just a straight up battle, the Marines appear to have taken out more Aliens than that.

halffullcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 halffullcup
Member since 2014 • 90 Posts

Only two alien will survive.

Four aliens will be taken down by two predators.

One predator who has been to earth before will go after humans will kill 3 then flamethrower guy will burn him and die at his hands just as a RPG guy will blow them to bits then two guys kill RPG guy. Then Three aliens come and kill the two guys. Mines and c4 guy places mines while sniper guy and melee/close range guy provide cover.both die mines guy dies and two aliens die.Then other four aliens go in caves after other ten guys and boom boombambam.And two aliens are left.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

One of the things I hate about Aliens is that the Marines are so stupid.

Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts

@MrGeezer said:

I still think you guys are giving the Aliens a little bit too much credit. Go back and watch Aliens, and fewer than 20 Marines ended up taking out what appears to be well over 10 Aliens fairly easily. And I'm not even talking about the sentry robot scene, or the scenes where Ripley's knowledge of the Aliens played a significant role. Even in the two scenes where it was just a straight up battle, the Marines appear to have taken out more Aliens than that.

I acknowledged such. But if the aliens can create more, and in an more open battlefield than the mining facility in Aliens, such plays well against the Marines.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Predator ftw, they're just too badass