AK-47 Designer,Kalashnikov,Dies at the age of 94

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (2824 posts) -

Although I am against Communism,but it looks like we all know why we have AK-47 created in the first place.it's because of this one legendary Russian gunsmith,Mikhail Kalashnikov,he recently passed away.

The inventor of the iconic AK-47 assault rifle, Mikhail Kalashnikov, has died at the age of 94. His ingenuity earned him widespread admiration, but his legacy became more controversial when his weapons were used in some of the world’s bloodiest conflicts.

here's his testimony to the weapon he created himself,which is known as AK-47

"I invented it for the protection of the Motherland. I have no regrets and bear no responsibility for how politicians have used it,"

Mikhail Kalashnikov

source

#2 Posted by chaplainDMK (6505 posts) -

The amount of things that gun has killed, must be pretty insane.

Also Kalashnikov has nothing to do with communism, he was a soldier that fought for a country that wasn't even communist, and designed a gun.

#3 Posted by Master_Live (12318 posts) -

And that is that.

#4 Edited by HuggyBear1020 (445 posts) -

#5 Posted by __Kaine__ (1305 posts) -

Everybody dies.. even weapon designers..

#6 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (2824 posts) -

@__Kaine__: we have seen or heard the many deaths of the most important people this year,let's hope that there will be a life lesson to-be learned from these deceased people

#7 Posted by osirisx3 (1573 posts) -

TC being against communism means you hate the worker and are supporting the oppressive ruling class.

Thank you comrade for defending the worlds people from the US imperialists.

#8 Posted by gamerguru100 (10087 posts) -

RIP

#9 Edited by vl4d_l3nin (490 posts) -

"I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists ... I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower. Blame the Nazi Germans for making me become a gun designer ... I always wanted to construct agriculture machinery."

I'm glad in the last few years of his life, he got to produce things that were not weapons

#10 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10339 posts) -

Fuck. When will we become immortal? When?!

#11 Edited by Nengo_Flow (8791 posts) -

yeah...................... people who invent stuff die of old age too, Crazy...

#12 Posted by the_bi99man (10916 posts) -

And thousands of the original, first-built AK-47s are still functioning, and will continue to function for another 94 years, at least. What an awesome gun.

#13 Posted by PernicioEnigma (5268 posts) -

yeah...................... people who invent stuff die of old age too, Crazy...

You're just jealous nobody will make a thread on Gamespot when YOU die...

#14 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (14765 posts) -

RiP. Nice gun....

#15 Posted by hippiesanta (9277 posts) -

at least he die with dignity .... and not turn into tree

#16 Edited by stuff238 (540 posts) -

They should make a special limited edition AK 47 and attach it to a lawn mower in his honour.

#17 Edited by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef said:

Fuck. When will we become immortal? When?!

I don't recommend it, but if you go shoot up an elementary school you'll be "immortal". Scratch that - I can't recall the sandyhook shooter. Trying to assassinate the president is a guarantee, though.

#18 Posted by Iszdope (8904 posts) -

RIP in pieces.

#19 Edited by Iszdope (8904 posts) -

^

Damn, that's a bit harsh innit..?

#20 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (2824 posts) -

@osirisx3: well,I am to the fact of being an anti-communism,the truth comes to the matter that Russia at that time when Kalashnikov built his first rifle,was under Communist's rule,now I took my chance to prove this to suppress Chinese economy(God,I hate how the system worked there,I mean from one-child policy to selling cheap stuffs,will that help them so much?)