Afghan Woman Forced to Marry Her Rapist

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ghoklebutter (19327 posts) -

Link.

Unfortunately for Gulnaz, the Afghan government was reportedly tag teaming with her family to help persuade the young woman to go ahead with the marriage, persuasion which, according to Gulnazs lawyer, Kimberley Motely, included Gulnaz being systematically brainwashed by Afghan officials.

I'm absolutely disgusted. What a horrifying fate for the woman and her child.

#2 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -
And people wonder why we drink. What a sick sh*t f*cking world we live in. Hopes she stabs the f*cker in his sleep.
#3 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150474 posts) -
Totally disgusting. Something is wrong with the mindset in that country.
#4 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (3800 posts) -

and gray fox will defend this.

#5 Posted by DroidPhysX (17089 posts) -

MakeMeaSammitch
rofl
#6 Posted by ghoklebutter (19327 posts) -

Hopes she stabs the f*cker in his sleep.MrPraline
On the one hand, I would be happy if something like that because she would no longer have to suffer from his presence. On the other hand, if she is caught and convicted (and I'm sure they'll do whatever they can to convict her since the system is already biased against her and her child), she and her child might suffer an even worse fate in prison. Or she would be executed and her child would be forever separated from his/her mother.

Either way, they lose. =[

#7 Posted by BossPerson (9450 posts) -

MakeMeaSammitch
....something something the media
#8 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrPraline"]Hopes she stabs the f*cker in his sleep.ghoklebutter
On the one hand, I would be happy if something like that because she would no longer have to suffer from his presence. On the other hand, if she is caught and convicted (and I'm sure they'll do whatever they can to convict her since the system is already biased against her and her child), she and her child might suffer an even worse fate in prison. Or they would be executed. Either way, she loses. =[

That's true, sadly. :{ Maybe Allah (nsfw) can kill him instead, he's a just and righteous god from what I heard on Dutch state TV.
#9 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -
[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

DroidPhysX
rofl

Hah, Gray is always so awkward in threads like this. Caught between his own morals and the worse prospect of agreeing with Islam critics.
#10 Posted by Jackc8 (8500 posts) -

They're making such great strides over there.  That $100 billion we spent certainly didn't go to waste.

#11 Posted by GOGOGOGURT (4470 posts) -

Happens all the time in the mideast.  Not a good culture.  Not surprised though.

#12 Posted by ghoklebutter (19327 posts) -

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="MrPraline"]Hopes she stabs the f*cker in his sleep.MrPraline
On the one hand, I would be happy if something like that because she would no longer have to suffer from his presence. On the other hand, if she is caught and convicted (and I'm sure they'll do whatever they can to convict her since the system is already biased against her and her child), she and her child might suffer an even worse fate in prison. Or they would be executed. Either way, she loses. =[

That's true, sadly. :{ Maybe Allah (nsfw) can kill him instead, he's a just and righteous god from what I heard on Dutch state TV.

So righteous that he would let the world become a sh!thole and then have the audacity to say that he's all-loving and just.

#13 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -

[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="ghoklebutter"] On the one hand, I would be happy if something like that because she would no longer have to suffer from his presence. On the other hand, if she is caught and convicted (and I'm sure they'll do whatever they can to convict her since the system is already biased against her and her child), she and her child might suffer an even worse fate in prison. Or they would be executed. Either way, she loses. =[ghoklebutter

So righteous that he would let the world become a sh!thole and then have the audacity to say that he's all-loving and just.

Hah. Anything it takes not to offend Muslims bro. :} But seriously, sickening story. :{
#14 Posted by PiscesChick93 (10687 posts) -

How awful and upsetting. 

I wish all the luck in the world to her, but she shouldn't even have to do this... it's wrong.

#15 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -

How awful and upsetting. 

I wish all the luck in the world to her, but she shouldn't even have to do this... it's wrong.

PiscesChick93
Yeah, definitely. =[
#16 Posted by GOGOGOGURT (4470 posts) -

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"]

[QUOTE="MrPraline"]That's true, sadly. :{ Maybe Allah (nsfw) can kill him instead, he's a just and righteous god from what I heard on Dutch state TV.MrPraline

Hah. Anything it takes not to offend Muslims bro. :} But seriously, sickening story. :{

Dood muslims will f*ck you up.  Probalbly the most violent bloodthirst society as of now.

#17 Posted by Kats_RK (2079 posts) -

How awful and upsetting. 

PiscesChick93

#18 Posted by mingmao3046 (2482 posts) -
Great to see our occupation there has influenced the country for the better!
#19 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -

[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="ghoklebutter"]So righteous that he would let the world become a sh!thole and then have the audacity to say that he's all-loving and just.

GOGOGOGURT

Dood muslims will f*ck you up.  Probalbly the most violent bloodthirst society as of now.

Oh definitely, I know. Islam is a major threat to our way of living.
#20 Posted by ghoklebutter (19327 posts) -

How awful and upsetting. 

PiscesChick93

I do, too, but there isn't much hope for her until her rapist dies (and is not killed by her).

Other than that, what we need is to put an end to the culture that supports tragedies like this.

#21 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150474 posts) -
Great to see our occupation there has influenced the country for the better! mingmao3046
:roll:
#22 Posted by dave123321 (33826 posts) -
Upsetting
#23 Posted by Nibroc420 (13567 posts) -

How awful and upsetting. 

PiscesChick93
Think of the child. They need both a mother, and a father. How is she planning to care for the child, while she's in prison? Should've thought about that before having unprotected sex.
#24 Posted by DroidPhysX (17089 posts) -
[QUOTE="PiscesChick93"]

How awful and upsetting. 

Nibroc420
Think of the child. They need both a mother, and a father. How is she planning to care for the child, while she's in prison? Should've thought about that before having unprotected sex.

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
#25 Posted by dave123321 (33826 posts) -
[QUOTE="PiscesChick93"]

How awful and upsetting. 

Nibroc420

Dont know why shadow thinks so highly of you
#26 Posted by Rich3232 (2754 posts) -
[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="PiscesChick93"]

How awful and upsetting. 

dave123321

....where is he, anyways? haven't seen him since that gay thread he made.
#27 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150474 posts) -

Dont know why shadow thinks so highly of youdave123321
Who is shadow and why does he like dolts?

#28 Posted by DroidPhysX (17089 posts) -

[QUOTE="dave123321"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"] Think of the child. They need both a mother, and a father. How is she planning to care for the child, while she's in prison? Should've thought about that before having unprotected sex.Rich3232

lol shadow

he just got hammered in system wars

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29350048/when-did-consoles-make-the-transition-from-innovation-to-gimmicks?page=1

#29 Posted by Rich3232 (2754 posts) -
#30 Posted by dave123321 (33826 posts) -

[QUOTE="dave123321"]Dont know why shadow thinks so highly of youLJS9502_basic

Shadow demon. Just finds him fair and open minded, a reasonable user unlike most others
#31 Posted by dave123321 (33826 posts) -
[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="dave123321"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"] Think of the child. They need both a mother, and a father. How is she planning to care for the child, while she's in prison? Should've thought about that before having unprotected sex.

Different shadow. Don't know where Moses has been.
#32 Posted by Nibroc420 (13567 posts) -
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="dave123321"]Dont know why shadow thinks so highly of youdave123321

Shadow demon. Just finds him fair and open minded, a reasonable user unlike most others

I am the only one thinking of the well being of the child. Remainder of this thread is being really ethnocentric.
#33 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150474 posts) -
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="dave123321"]Dont know why shadow thinks so highly of youdave123321

LOL....
#34 Posted by Rich3232 (2754 posts) -
[QUOTE="mingmao3046"]Great to see our occupation there has influenced the country for the better! LJS9502_basic
:roll:

yea, that was a pretty stupid comment to make.
#35 Posted by Diablo-B (4030 posts) -
Im not surprised. In old testament law the punishment for a man who raped and impregnated an unmarried woman was he had to marry her and pay the father a dowry (only if she was a virgin would the dowry apply I think). All this proves is that there are those still following Moses' law, Islam, christianity and Judaism share origins. Religions in general believe weird things. Its hypocritical to judge someone else's religion if you yourself follow a religion.
#36 Posted by Obviously_Right (5093 posts) -

[QUOTE="PiscesChick93"]

How awful and upsetting. 

Nibroc420

:|

[spoiler] :lol: [/spoiler]

#37 Posted by Ncsoftlover (2111 posts) -

One of the few places that represents the pinnacle of human society, where morality remains uncorrupted, afterall, they'll never legalize same sex marriage.

We're in no position to judge

#38 Posted by Nibroc420 (13567 posts) -

eth·no·cen·tric 
/eTHnsentrik/
Adjective
Evaluating other peoples and cultures according to the standards of one's own culture.

Almost as bad as judging a race according to the standards of one's own race.

#39 Posted by wis3boi (31167 posts) -

That's a common practice, no? Disgusting.

#40 Posted by SaudiFury (8707 posts) -

this is not at all whatsoever excusing this. 

I'd like to point though, that it isn't like Afghanistan has a really strong and enforced central government. the Afghan government basically has control of the major roads and major cities, that's about it. 

and America isn't there to enforce American laws, or UN agreed upon human rights, usually they bend on the national government, and in this case, i'd be surprised if something positive were to come out of it given it's Afghanistan. 

#41 Posted by OB-47 (10908 posts) -

This makes me fvcking angry.

#42 Posted by dave123321 (33826 posts) -

eth·no·cen·tric 
/eTHnsentrik/
Adjective
Evaluating other peoples and cultures according to the standards of one's own culture.

Nibroc420
Have you lost control of yourself?
#43 Posted by The__Kraken (851 posts) -

I can't comment or develop feeling on this particular event, due to me not being from Afghanistan or a part of their culture.

#44 Posted by double_decker (145798 posts) -
And people wonder why we drink. What a sick sh*t f*cking world we live in. Hopes she stabs the f*cker in his sleep.MrPraline
Or at least cuts his d*ck off
#45 Posted by Darkman2007 (17929 posts) -

sadly this happens in a number of countries, as sick as it is , there is even a certain logic to it

#46 Posted by Nibroc420 (13567 posts) -
[QUOTE="Nibroc420"]

eth·no·cen·tric 
/eTHnsentrik/
Adjective

dave123321
Have you lost control of yourself?

?
#48 Posted by EatShanna (875 posts) -

3 pages, no sign of apologists? What, is there some anti-"Zionist" anti-west rally, for people with broken moral compasses somewhere, and they're all in attendance?

#49 Posted by Lonelynight (30041 posts) -
they should just do a poll in afghan asking whether this is right or wrong. anyone who says this is right should be rounded up and shot.
#50 Posted by FMAB_GTO (14385 posts) -
What a sick sh*t f*cking world we live in. Hopes she stabs the f*cker in his sleep.MrPraline