Actress Thalia removed her ribs to look thinner...

#1 Edited by CyberLips (1824 posts) -

LINK

Thalia, a Mexican superstar, said she had had her ribs surgically removed and kept them in a jar as a souvenir.

She made the claims during a talkshow last week when confronted over rumours about her weight loss.

She posted this on Instagram:

#2 Edited by indzman (17982 posts) -

Crazy actress =P

#3 Edited by Master_Live (14778 posts) -

Good for her.

#4 Posted by EasyComeEasyGo (585 posts) -

Hmmm Interesting, I bet it must be painful. I never understood the whole, I wanna look beautiful and such, just be yourself. Be happy for what you are. bottom Line: Just be you.

#5 Posted by chaoscougar1 (36824 posts) -

fakkkkeeeee
Check her insta

#6 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

I'd road roll that bitch.

#7 Posted by uninspiredcup (8882 posts) -

I'd murd....

Eh, good for her.

#8 Posted by toast_burner (21723 posts) -

The Metro believes anything.

#9 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2732 posts) -

NO way this is real.No doctor/hospital would do something like that.

#10 Posted by johnd13 (8207 posts) -

Yeah fake...

#11 Posted by whipassmt (14034 posts) -

I've heard of people having their ribs removed, but I've never heard of them having them put in a jar and kept as a souvenir. People be strange, man, people be strange.

#12 Edited by helwa1988 (2102 posts) -

#13 Edited by PSP107 (11903 posts) -

@helwa1988 said:

Isn't she fat too?

#14 Posted by whipassmt (14034 posts) -

Never heard of Thalia before, though I don't know much about Mexican actors/actresses. At least we're not talking about Talia al Ghul.

#15 Posted by RadecSupreme (4677 posts) -

It's fake. Apparently it was just a joke she made on instagram. Removing your ribs is really dangerous as it exposes your internal organs to any hard physical contact that can lead to serious damage.

#16 Posted by lamprey263 (24125 posts) -

I heard Marilyn Manson did the same thing in order to be able to give himself head... maybe she did it for similar reasons.

#17 Posted by whipassmt (14034 posts) -

@RadecSupreme said:

It's fake. Apparently it was just a joke she made on instagram. Removing your ribs is really dangerous as it exposes your internal organs to any hard physical contact that can lead to serious damage.

Yeah. That makes sense. Hopefully it is just a joke.

#18 Posted by BranKetra (48731 posts) -

Removing one's own healthy ribs for an aesthetic reason is a strange act in and of itself. If she kept them as a souvenir as she claimed then one would not be exaggerating if deciding upon the opinion that such a person is beyond exhibiting a quirk, but rather in a disturbed state. If true, I wish her the best of help.

#19 Posted by chaoscougar1 (36824 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

Removing one's own healthy ribs for an aesthetic reason is a strange act in and of itself. If she kept them as a souvenir as she claimed then one would not be exaggerating if deciding upon the opinion that such a person is beyond exhibiting a quirk, but rather in a disturbed state. If true, I wish her the best of help.

One would offer the same sentiments to the same person who implied she exhibited such disturbance

#20 Posted by MrGeezer (56504 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

Sort of irrelevant since the story is fake anyway, but I think you've kind of got it backwards. If this had been true, then the "disturbing" part would be how she mutilated her body and the "quirky" thing would be keeping the ribs as souvenirs. Weird as it may be, there's not exactly much of a downside to keeping your ribs in a jar once you've actually got them removed. I think that's quite a bit less fucked up than voluntarily having your ribs removed just to look thin. Once you've gone that far, shit...might as well keep them around.

#21 Edited by Gaming-Planet (14022 posts) -

Aren't your ribs there to protect your lungs and vital organs?

#22 Posted by LexLas (4255 posts) -

Come on now, you don't actually believe that do you ? Lol .. Removes ribs, lmao !! Thats insane

#23 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8518 posts) -

@lamprey263: lol I remember that rumor years back and was the first thing I thought of when reading this.

#24 Posted by bigfootpart2 (111 posts) -

Obviously a prank. And I'm pretty sure those are pork ribs in the jar.

#25 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16788 posts) -

People believe anything they read on the internet.

#26 Posted by BranKetra (48731 posts) -
@chaoscougar1 said:

One would offer the same sentiments to the same person who implied she exhibited such disturbance

I wonder why that would be.

@MrGeezer said:

Sort of irrelevant since the story is fake anyway, but I think you've kind of got it backwards. If this had been true, then the "disturbing" part would be how she mutilated her body and the "quirky" thing would be keeping the ribs as souvenirs. Weird as it may be, there's not exactly much of a downside to keeping your ribs in a jar once you've actually got them removed. I think that's quite a bit less fucked up than voluntarily having your ribs removed just to look thin. Once you've gone that far, shit...might as well keep them around.

We may need to agree to disagree because I believe there is nothing wrong with making an effort to have more appealing traits, but keeping the believed unappealing parts is more strange. If a bodybuilder or any kind of athlete for that matter decided to keep all his or her excess waste produced through a training regimen an individual trains to remove from himself in jars, I am curious if you would consider that a quirk as well. It is an extreme example, but necessary to understand the logic of your regard for this topic.

#27 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8518 posts) -

@turtlethetaffer: I am always amazed when people share those fake death stories on Facebook. It takes just as long to look it up as it did to share possibly false info. I can even say how many times I saw people share walking dead star found dead for days.

#28 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16788 posts) -

@AutoPilotOn: That's why I never click on any of that shit on FB. It's all click bait and half of it is bullshit anyways.

#29 Edited by MrGeezer (56504 posts) -

@BranKetra said:
@chaoscougar1 said:

@MrGeezer said:

We may need to agree to disagree because I believe there is nothing wrong with making an effort to have more appealing traits, but keeping the believed unappealing parts is more strange. If a bodybuilder or any kind of athlete for that matter decided to keep all his or her excess waste produced through a training regimen an individual trains to remove from himself in jars, I am curious if you would consider that a quirk as well. It is an extreme example, but necessary to understand the logic of your regard for this topic.

Well, what kind of training regimen are we talking about? Some bodybuilders have a relatively healthy training regimen, while others absolutely destroy their bodies and minds for the sake of vanity. If your thought processes are such that you're willing to literally destroy yourself for vanity, then yes...I'd say that by comparison keeping your "excess waste" in jars is sort of a non-issue.

Removing your ribs isn't some small thing like getting a tattoo on your back or dying your hair. That's potentially monstrously dangerous, and I'd question the mental state of anyone who is willing to do that to themselves out of vanity. But keeping some ribs around? People collect all sorts of weird shit, and at the end of the day that's typically no worse than just "sort of weird." Hell, I hear that Ke$ha collects human teeth and makes them into jewelry. That's kind of weird, I guess, but it would be disturbing as shit if she actually had her teeth removed from her body for the purpose of turning them into a necklace.

#30 Posted by The-Apostle (12190 posts) -

She must be squishy then! >_>

#31 Edited by gago-gago (9525 posts) -

Who?

#32 Posted by Kenocratic (92 posts) -

It got me to google images of Thalia. Something to do to pass the afternoon.

#33 Posted by BranKetra (48731 posts) -

@MrGeezer said:

@BranKetra said:
@chaoscougar1 said:

@MrGeezer said:

Well, what kind of training regimen are we talking about? Some bodybuilders have a relatively healthy training regimen, while others absolutely destroy their bodies and minds for the sake of vanity. If your thought processes are such that you're willing to literally destroy yourself for vanity, then yes...I'd say that by comparison keeping your "excess waste" in jars is sort of a non-issue.

Removing your ribs isn't some small thing like getting a tattoo on your back or dying your hair. That's potentially monstrously dangerous, and I'd question the mental state of anyone who is willing to do that to themselves out of vanity. But keeping some ribs around? People collect all sorts of weird shit, and at the end of the day that's typically no worse than just "sort of weird." Hell, I hear that Ke$ha collects human teeth and makes them into jewelry. That's kind of weird, I guess, but it would be disturbing as shit if she actually had her teeth removed from her body for the purpose of turning them into a necklace.

A regimen focused on aesthetics similar in seriousness to the claim this topic is about, if anything. Apparently, I speculated reasonably. Your opinion of this situation is the opposite of mine which is perfectly acceptable.

#34 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9807 posts) -

@ShepardCommandr said:

NO way this is real.No doctor/hospital would do something like that.

its been done before.

There was some crazy musician guy a long time ago that had his lower ribs removed so he could suck his own dick.

And doctors do whatever you want as long as you are paying large somes

#35 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9807 posts) -

@gago-gago said:

Who?

she's really fucking famous since the 90's

too bad she's sings those awful Mexican exclusive music genres (thats why she isnt known in the US)

Here she is with Obama

#36 Edited by Behardy24 (4516 posts) -

I think it's scary to even think up of the idea., let alone go through it.