kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#101 kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

why would someone give a gun to a 9 year old kid anyway ?

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#102 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@kingcrimson24 said:

Because there's nothing wrong with letting a 9 year old shoot a gun at a gun range. No one is giving them anything.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
@airshocker said:
@GamingGod999 said:

Why would you let a nine-year old shoot a Uzi? Heck, why would you let a nine-year old use a GUN?!

Because there's nothing wrong with a 9 year old shooting a gun at a gun range.

I agree, actually both of my kids (9 & 11) have shot rifles under my supervision. I think there's a distinction though in letting a small 9 year old girl shoot a fully automatic Uzi. There's just no way for someone that small to control the weapon. I wouldn't be surprised if there's tons of 9 year old's who have shot one fine and the instructor could have done a better job, but I think it is still a lack of judgement. It's just not a weapon someone that age/small/whatever can handle so why have your kid do it?

Every kid is different sure, but looking at that video there's just no way in hell if that were my kid I'd allow that to continue. It was clear that the Uzi was too much for her to handle.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

@airshocker said:

@kingcrimson24 said:

Because there's nothing wrong with letting a 9 year old shoot a gun at a gun range. No one is giving them anything.

there is nothing wrong with that ? seriously , I wouldn't let my kid shoot a gun at gun range ! until my kid is 15 or older !

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

@airshocker said:
@GamingGod999 said:

Why would you let a nine-year old shoot a Uzi? Heck, why would you let a nine-year old use a GUN?!

I just dont know what to say to that

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@kingcrimson24 said:

@airshocker said:

@kingcrimson24 said:

there is nothing wrong with that ? seriously , I wouldn't let my kid shoot a gun at gun range ! until my kid is 15 or older !

That's your prerogative. That doesn't change the fact that there isn't anything wrong with a kid shooting a gun at a range, in a safe and controlled environment.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
@l34052 said:

@airshocker said:
@GamingGod999 said:

No great loss there.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#108  Edited By Xeno_ghost
Member since 2014 • 990 Posts

@airshocker: "Because there's nothing wrong with a 9 year old shooting a gun at a gun range."

Fair enough but there should be a limit on the type of guns that a kid can fire depending on age. That instructor really thought that girls little arm would be able to handle an Uzi at full auto. Hope the little girl is ok although it was an accident she shot and killed someone, that would be tough for even a grown person.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Xeno_ghost

@l34052: "Who the hell gives a 9yr old child a semi automatic weapon in the first place???"

Isn't an Uzi fully automatic?

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

@airshocker said:

@kingcrimson24 said:

Yeah, there is something wrong with letting Elementary School kids who are working on learning basic reading, writing, and math and science concepts, whose greatest responsibilities are getting their homework done and cleaning their room, and who are likely BARELY as tall as your average rifle shoot a weapon.

There is no reason a child should be learning to shoot a gun. They are way too young for it. They can learn as teens, but a fucking 9 year old? You are psychotic to support such a thing.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

For anyone who wants to see a close up, slow motion version of the gun's recoil pattern:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MOtWrZg5DU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@airshocker said:

@kingcrimson24 said:

Yeah, there is something wrong with letting Elementary School kids who are working on learning basic reading, writing, and math and science concepts, whose greatest responsibilities are getting their homework done and cleaning their room, and who are likely BARELY as tall as your average rifle shoot a weapon.

There is no reason a child should be learning to shoot a gun. They are way too young for it. They can learn as teens, but a fucking 9 year old? You are psychotic to support such a thing.

No, there isn't. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a child learning how to safely fire a gun. Not only does it remove the image of it being a "toy" but it satisfies the natural curiousness of a child.

Gun accidents with children(not at a range) always occur when that child knows that it's wrong for them to be playing with it and they don't know anything about it. How many of those incidents can be avoided if children knew what firearms are, how they worked, and how to handle them safely? Or, more importantly, know not to handle them AT ALL without an adult present.

So no, I don't see anything wrong with a child being introduced to firearms. The only psychotic one seems to be you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
@xeno_ghost said:

@airshocker: "Because there's nothing wrong with a 9 year old shooting a gun at a gun range."

Fair enough but there should be a limit on the type of guns that a kid can fire depending on age. That instructor really thought that girls little arm would be able to handle an Uzi at full auto. Hope the little girl is ok although it was an accident she shot and killed someone, that would be tough for even a grown person.

I don't think so. I personally wouldn't let a child shoot an automatic weapon. I don't think they're capable of handling the recoil. But we don't need a law to legislate that. Most ranges, I believe, don't allow children to shoot automatic weapons. It should be up to them, though.

You guys are being very reactionary and I don't really know why.

double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#114 double_decker
Member since 2006 • 146090 Posts
@airshocker said:

This is a tragic accident but it's really the instructors own fault. He should not have been standing above her as she shot the gun. An automatic Uzi has some insane recoil. A 9 year old wouldn't be able to handle it.

So... what you're saying is... the instructor was really the idiot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
@double_decker said:
@airshocker said:

This is a tragic accident but it's really the instructors own fault. He should not have been standing above her as she shot the gun. An automatic Uzi has some insane recoil. A 9 year old wouldn't be able to handle it.

So... what you're saying is... the instructor was really the idiot.

Absolutely. I'm not even a gun instructor and I probably wouldn't have let her shoot the Uzi to begin with.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18792 Posts

@dave123321 said:

@PSP107: it would be a bigger story but are you making some point about that?

It just one of those double standard moments I guess.

@SaintLeonidas said:

@PSP107 said:

@dave123321 said:

@PSP107: what do you mean by outcome

If the guy had accidentally shot the girl, the guy will be behind bars and this will be far a bigger story.

"if the girl had accidentally shot herself, what will be the outcome?" I am so confused.

What I mean by outcome is the media would have made it a much bigger story if the roles were reversed.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#117 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

Seriously guys why in the name of hell would you expect a 9 year old to shoot a full automatic weapon while maintaining it's recoil?

I remember the first time I shot a real warfare rifle which was an AK47 btw and you guys probably know that that gun has no recoil or kick whatsoever still I set it on semi-automatic and never even went on to burst mode let alone the full automatic mod. And I was like 16 and feared nothing BUT the safety of people around me. A 9 year old can't be cautious about the safety of people around her. It's the instructor's job. This incident is certainly grim but imagine what It would be like if the weapon recoiled even further and shot the parents also. Then that instructor wouldn't be the only person who had to die because of his carelessness.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By PSP107

@l34052 said:

@airshocker said:
@GamingGod999 said:

Says the guy with an Easy E avatar displaying guns.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Xeno_ghost

@airshocker: "You guys are being very reactionary and I don't really know why."

Really? You are surprised by some of the reactions of people hearing that a 9yr old girl was allowed to shoot an Uzi and accidentally killed the instructor? I think there should be a law. It should be against the law for a 9yr old to fire automatic weapons at a gun range. It all boils down to health and safety legislation.

"I personally wouldn't let a child shoot an automatic weapon. I don't think they're capable of handling the recoil. But we don't need a law to legislate that."

So you wouldn't let a child shoot an automatic weapon because they can't handle it, but you are against there being a law to prevent it, hmmm the logic.....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
@xeno_ghost said:

@airshocker: "You guys are being very reactionary and I don't really know why."

Really? You are surprised by some of the reactions of people hearing that a 9yr old girl was allowed to shoot an Uzi and accidentally killed the instructor? I think there should be a law. It should be against the law for a 9yr old to fire automatic weapons at a gun range.

"I personally wouldn't let a child shoot an automatic weapon. I don't think they're capable of handling the recoil. But we don't need a law to legislate that."

So you wouldn't let a child shoot an automatic weapon but you are against there being a law to prevent it, hmmm the logic.....

Yes, considering this is a freak accident I don't think it warrants the time of any legislature.

Also, I'm against legislatures passing laws with regards to firearms in general I don't believe there's a single body of government on this planet that is capable of passing anything having to do with firearms is a responsible and fair manner. Not only that, but passing a law just as a reaction to something is a terrible idea in principle. If legislatures actually took the time to understand what it is they're trying to pass laws about I'd probably think differently. Unfortunately that isn't the case.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Xeno_ghost

@airshocker: @airshocker: "Yes, I'm against legislatures passing laws with regards to firearms. I don't believe there's a single body of government on this planet that is capable of passing anything having to do with firearms is a responsible and fair manner"

A shooting range is one place tht should for sure have as much health and safety legislation thrown at it as possible IMO.

"Not only that, but passing a law just as a reaction to something is a terrible idea in principle."

How about to prevent something like this from happening again. Or you want more accidental deaths to occur at ranges before something is done?

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#122 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

A 9 year old with a Uzi ? Learning to use it at the range ? seriously ? They are so lucky she didn't kill herself with that weapon. Idiots !

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 PSP107

@LexLas said:

They are so lucky she didn't kill herself with that weapon. Idiots !

Bingo.

See @dave123321

That's what I was getting at. The aftermath would be much different than it is now.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#124 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@airshocker said:
@GamingGod999 said:

I will take this as a joke because otherwise America sure is f.ed

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@EPICCOMMANDER

Saying that a 9 year old is capable of shooting a gun is very different from saying that there's nothing wrong with it or that it's a good idea.

We weren't discussing whether a 9 year old is capable of shooting a gun, rather if it was a good idea to let a 9 year old shoot a gun.

Also, where did I straw man him? I never distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented his opinion.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#126  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Letting a 9 year old use an Uzi is a terrible idea. Not sure what they were thinking. It's a shame someone died.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

@airshocker said:
@GamingGod999 said:

You are completely overreacting.

What if I told you that day after day, week after week hundreds of gun ranges operate without a single accident?

The gun instructor paid for his moment of stupidity.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 commonfate

@xeno_ghost said:

@airshocker: @airshocker: "Yes, I'm against legislatures passing laws with regards to firearms. I don't believe there's a single body of government on this planet that is capable of passing anything having to do with firearms is a responsible and fair manner"

A shooting range is one place tht should for sure have as much health and safety legislation thrown at it as possible IMO.

"Not only that, but passing a law just as a reaction to something is a terrible idea in principle."

How about to prevent something like this from happening again. Or you want more accidental deaths to occur at ranges before something is done?

No amount of laws would have prevented this. The instructor goofed.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@airshocker said:

@SolidSnake35 said:

@airshocker said:
@SolidSnake35 said:

Well, she would've only killed him with a knife otherwise. Right, guys?

You're an idiot.

More or less of an idiot than the gun instructor?

I would rank you two about equals in that regard.

I think you're drastically overrating the gun instructor's intelligence, who got himself killed by making numerous mistakes along the way, by equating it to a poster who made a clearly facetious post.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By bforrester420

@airshocker said:
@GamingGod999 said:

Yeah, you're right. There's nothing wrong with desensitizing a child, whose emotional maturity is next to none, on using a tool that can cause death to themselves and anyone around them. Hell, let's arm 9 year-olds at school so they can stop school shootings. We need more good guys with guns.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

Poor girl has to carry around a lot of guilt at such a young age.

Do not feel the least bit bad for the fool who allowed her to fire a full-auto, high recoil weapon.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 bforrester420

The bigger the gun, the smaller the penis.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#133  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@commonfate said:

@Jacanuk said:

@airshocker said:
@GamingGod999 said:

You are completely overreacting.

What if I told you that day after day, week after week hundreds of gun ranges operate without a single accident?

The gun instructor paid for his moment of stupidity.

You could tell me that and it still wouldn´t matter one single bit.

Because the problem here isent that this kid killed someone during a trip to the gun range, the problem here is the fact that she was there and was shooting with a uzi, i get that kids can be into shooting as a sport and there they handle much smaller training weapons which are specifically made for kids.

A UZI is not made for kids or even should be allowed on any gun range where kids are, its just messed up and shows a sick culture

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 bforrester420

@Jacanuk said:

You could tell me that and it still wouldn´t matter one single bit.

Because the problem here isent that this kid killed someone during a trip to the gun range, the problem here is the fact that she was there and was shooting with a uzi, i get that kids can be into shooting as a sport and there they handle much smaller training weapons which are specifically made for kids.

A UZI is not made for kids or even should be allowed on any gun range where kids are, its just messed up and shows a sick culture

An Uzi is purely an instrument of death and has no business being used by anyone outside of military personnel.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

@airshocker said:

@deeliman said:

Who the hell thinks it's a good idea to let 9 year olds shoot guns?

There's nothing wrong with shooting guns at an early age.

Stoves, ovens, knives and saws too?

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Well this really sucks. Sadly after numerous debates about guns killing people its always going to boil down to the fact that too many people in the the US think guns are not the problem.

Meanwhile il stay tuned for the story about the unarmed 9 year old that kills her gun instructor.

Surely this goes some way to prove you cannot be held accountable for the actions of others. If those "others" happen to be armed with lethal weapons then those actions are more likely to result in death or injury. This isnt the fault of the girl or the instructor, its the fault of the society that thinks its okay to put a man and a small child armed with an UZI anywhere near each other.

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

I understand that American's have to be able to access firearm's because a document which is over 200 years old is clearly relevant today, but do civilian's honestly need access to automatic weapons? Don't get me wrong I can see the appeal and I would myself no doubt thoroughly enjoy myself firing one in a controlled environment, but it's clear that most people are not disciplined enough to have access these weapons (and unless you plan on taking on a swat team, wouldn't a revolver be adequate?).

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

derp.

everyone knows you start out little kids on semi-auto.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#139 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

how the hell are you going to give a child an automatic weapon.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Xeno_ghost

@commonfate: "No amount of laws would have prevented this. The instructor goofed."

That's putting it lightly, it's lucky no one else got hurt also.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

@airshocker said:

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

@airshocker said:

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

There are so many questions to ask here.

Why did her parents find it appropriate for her to learn how to fire an uzi?

Why is there an instructor willing to teach a 9 year old how to fire an uzi?

Why wasn't there even 1 person who said "Hey guys, maybe this isn't the best idea?"

This story is ridiculous on so many levels.

Her parents probably took her to a commercial range that offers these types of weapons up for shooting. These ranges are popular since they tend to border states with excessive gun control laws.

The instructor was doing what he was paid to do by the range, I'm sure.

People tend to assume range instructors know what they're talking about. This guy probably did, he just forgot to take a few steps back while the girl was firing.

Again, this was a tragic accident. Nothing more.

I'm just wondering why a range even allows a 9 year old to use such a weapon or why her parents would allow her to try to use such a weapon. It makes no sense at all. I am all for gun rights and being able to let your kids shoot, but a 9 year old shooting an uzi? Why? What good does that do for her? Who even uses uzis?

To me this story seems like a bit more than just a tragic accident, this shouldn't have been allowed to happen in the first place. It's a special mix of parental stupidity and extremely lax range rules on who can shoot what weapons.

Because people plan these as family trips. Thousands of 9 year olds shoot guns everyday without anything bad happening. I've shot an Uzi before for no other reason than I wanted to shoot one. That's the point of going to these commercialized gun ranges. They offer exotic weapons that people may have always wanted to shoot but aren't allowed to own.

You're sensationalizing this.

Sensationalizing? I'm stating what should be common sense. 9 year olds shouldn't be shooting fully automatic weapons. What does it matter if other 9 year olds do it? That makes it OK somehow? I typically agree with your viewpoints on here, but this one is ridiculous. This tragic accident was completely avoidable with some common sense on the parent's part, and on the range's part.

It's one thing to let a 9 year old shoot a pistol, it's another to let a 9 year old shoot an uzi. Now this little girl has to carry around this guilt with her for the rest of her life because her parents, and the gun range, were too stupid to not let her fire an uzi.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 bforrester420

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

@airshocker said:

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

@airshocker said:

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

There are so many questions to ask here.

Why did her parents find it appropriate for her to learn how to fire an uzi?

Why is there an instructor willing to teach a 9 year old how to fire an uzi?

Why wasn't there even 1 person who said "Hey guys, maybe this isn't the best idea?"

This story is ridiculous on so many levels.

Her parents probably took her to a commercial range that offers these types of weapons up for shooting. These ranges are popular since they tend to border states with excessive gun control laws.

The instructor was doing what he was paid to do by the range, I'm sure.

People tend to assume range instructors know what they're talking about. This guy probably did, he just forgot to take a few steps back while the girl was firing.

Again, this was a tragic accident. Nothing more.

I'm just wondering why a range even allows a 9 year old to use such a weapon or why her parents would allow her to try to use such a weapon. It makes no sense at all. I am all for gun rights and being able to let your kids shoot, but a 9 year old shooting an uzi? Why? What good does that do for her? Who even uses uzis?

To me this story seems like a bit more than just a tragic accident, this shouldn't have been allowed to happen in the first place. It's a special mix of parental stupidity and extremely lax range rules on who can shoot what weapons.

Because people plan these as family trips. Thousands of 9 year olds shoot guns everyday without anything bad happening. I've shot an Uzi before for no other reason than I wanted to shoot one. That's the point of going to these commercialized gun ranges. They offer exotic weapons that people may have always wanted to shoot but aren't allowed to own.

You're sensationalizing this.

Sensationalizing? I'm stating what should be common sense. 9 year olds shouldn't be shooting fully automatic weapons. What does it matter if other 9 year olds do it? That makes it OK somehow? I typically agree with your viewpoints on here, but this one is ridiculous. This tragic accident was completely avoidable with some common sense on the parent's part, and on the range's part.

It's one thing to let a 9 year old shoot a pistol, it's another to let a 9 year old shoot an uzi. Now this little girl has to carry around this guilt with her for the rest of her life because her parents, and the gun range, were too stupid to not let her fire an uzi.

If other 9 year-olds jump off a bridge and survive, does that mean all 9 year-olds should?

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts

@Renevent42 said:
@airshocker said:
@GamingGod999 said:

I agree, actually both of my kids (9 & 11) have shot rifles under my supervision. I think there's a distinction though in letting a small 9 year old girl shoot a fully automatic Uzi. There's just no way for someone that small to control the weapon. I wouldn't be surprised if there's tons of 9 year old's who have shot one fine and the instructor could have done a better job, but I think it is still a lack of judgement. It's just not a weapon someone that age/small/whatever can handle so why have your kid do it?

Every kid is different sure, but looking at that video there's just no way in hell if that were my kid I'd allow that to continue. It was clear that the Uzi was too much for her to handle.

I've also let my kids (7 and 11 at the time) shoot a .22 rifle and .22 pistol under my supervision. Since it was their first time shooting, The gun was loaded with one bullet only. After they shot several rounds that way, I felt comfortable loading a few rounds at a time and let them empty the gun.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#144 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

I hope the parents are prepared to spend a lot of money on therapy for this girl, because she's going to need it.

Most gun advocates that I know would think it insane to give a girl gun practice with an Uzi. Teach a kid to shoot with simple guns without much kickback? Sure.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

This little girl should have practiced with an airsoft gun first or .22. Actually what am I saying. Even if this little girl can shoot, why would she carry a gun. It's like the parents are proud if their 9 year old girl can shoot but whats the point if children shouldn't even carry guns around like how adults could. I mean sure you could let your child shoot at the gun range but again what's the point? Has there been a time a child with gun training shot someone to death as self defense?

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 commonfate

@Jacanuk: I'm also uncomfortable with the idea of a 9 year old shooting an Uzi but blaming the "culture" is going a bit far. You'll find plenty of Americans who disagree with the choices of the range and parents.

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#147 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts

@gago-gago: yes. There have been home invasions where kids grabbed their parent's gun and killed the intruder.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

@Diablo-B said:

@gago-gago: yes. There have been home invasions where kids grabbed their parent's gun and killed the intruder.

Any word if the child were trained or had practice with shooting guns, or they just grabbed their parents guns and point and shot?

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Driving a car at 14? No that's not safe. Give a girl an Uzi at 9? Might as well. I own guns and was raised firing them and hunting, but giving a gun like that to a small child is fucking stupid.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

@PSP107: what double standards?

If the gun instructors incompetence killed the girl instead of him, we would rightfully be putting the blame on the instructor.

Then it would be a case of a persons incompetence getting someone killed vs just getting themselves killed.

Which is a significant difference.

How big is this story anyway. It seems something that has been noted by a significant degree