51 reasons why God exists

• 136 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MetalDogGear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MetalDogGear
Member since 2013 • 825 Posts

Much like when Martin Luther posted his 95 theses to the Catholic church door, I am posting my 51 reasons on the front door of Atheism.

Reason 1: DNA

Whilst agreeing that random patterns occur naturally by chance, DNA however, consists of code, which requires a designer.

Reason 2: Paranormal phenomena

How do you explain the paranormal, such as people witnessing positive or negative sightings, likeghosts or angels? I saw a ghost with a friend of mine I am not a liar, an attention seeker. Neither was I overtired when this happened.

Reason 3: Prayer

Try praying. What good is it when a mind is set to coincidence & disbelief regarding the positive outcome?

Reason 4: First cause

The law of cause & effect - in order to have an effect, there has to be a cause. Everything is caused by something.

Reason 5: Complexity

Mindless nothing cannot be responsible for complex something.

Reason 6: Limitations of science

Science can only be the detector of certain things. You cannot scientifically detect emotion, memory, thoughts etc., though scientifically we must. These things which do not consist of matter are beyond the detection of science.

Reason 7: Evolution is only a theory

Evolution has never been proved, which is why we call it the 'theory of evolution'. It's a fairy tale for grown ups!

Reason 8: Atheism is based on faith

Atheism is a faith which has not been proved. The disbelievers have not witnessed anything to not believe in, whereas the believers believe because they have witnessed. There is no 'good news' to preach in atheism.

Reason 9: Atheists are angry with God

How much of the atheist's faith relies on anger with God as opposed to genuine disbelief in God?

Reason 10: Atheists need to get a life

Why do many atheists shake their fists & spend so much time ranting & raving about something they don't believe in? If they are no more than a fizzled out battery at the end of the day, then why don't they spend their lives partying, or getting a hobby?! Why don't they leave this 'God nonsense' alone?

Reason 11: Chicken-and-egg paradox

What created God? What came first, the chicken or the egg? I am not going to deny the existence of the chicken or the egg, merely because I don't understand or know what came first. I don't care - they both exist!

Reason 12: Improbability vs. impossibility

Improbability is not the same as impossibility. You only have to look at life itself for that backup of proof.

Reason 13: Complexity of human life

Reason 14: Complexity of the human mind

How could the complexity of the human mind possibly evolve on its own accord out of mindless cells? Where does our consciousness come from?

Reason 15: Food and drink

What/who knew that our hunger & thirst had to be catered for by the food & drink which we're supplied with?

Reason 16: The five senses

Most of us are born with the five senses to detect our surroundings, which we're provided with.

Reason 17: Goldilocks and the habitable planet, part 1

What/who knew that had Earth been set nearer to the sun, we would burn up?

Reason 18: Goldilocks and the habitable planet, part 2

What/who knew that had Earth been set any further from the sun, we would freeze up?

Reason 19: Goldilocks and the habitable planet, part 3

What/who knew that had Earth been built larger or smaller, its atmosphere would be one where it would not be possible for us to breathe?.

Reason 20: Complementarity of plant and animal life

What/who knew that we require the oxygen of plants, just as plants require the carbon dioxide of us?

Reason 21: The tornado and the 747

The concept that life came about through sheer chance is as absurd & improbable as a tornado blowing through a junk yard, consequently assembling a Boeing 747!

Reason 22: The invisible and the supernatural

We are willing to believe in physically unseen waves that exist through the air, operating physical forces & appliances to work [sic], yet not supernatural God forces being responsible for the same.

Reason 23: Self-organization and entropy

Matter cannot organise itself. An uneaten tomato will not progress on its own accord to form a perfect pineapple. It will transform into mould, into disorganisation. The laws of evolution fall flat.

Reason 24: Darwin's deathbed conversion

Our 'inventor' of evolution, Mr. Charles Darwin had this to say to Lady Hope when he was almost bedridden for 3 months before he died; "I was a young man with unfathomed ideas. I threw out queries, suggestions; wondering all the time over everything, and to my astonishment the ideas took like wildfire - people made a religion of them." Darwin then asked Lady Hope to speak to neighbors the next day. "What shall I speak about?" She asked. He replied; "Christ Jesus and his salvation. Is that not the best theme?"

Reason 25: Morality

Where do our moral values held within our conscience come from? If the atheist is right, why then would we care about what we did?! If there is no God, then we've no-one to be accountable to.

Reason 26: Man vs. animal

If man has evolved from an animal, why doesn't he behave like an animal? Yet man is civilised.

Reason 27: Chance and ignorance

'Chance' isn't the cause of something. It just describes what we can't find a reason for.

Reason 28: Limitations of science and logic

Science & logic do not hold all the answers - many people are aware of forces at work which we have no understanding of & no control over.

Reason 29: Gregorian calendar

Look at the date/year on our calender - 2000 years ago since what? Our historical records (other than the Bible) record evidence of Jesus' existence.

Reason 30: Martyrs

Many people have died for their faith. Would they be prepared to do this for a lie?!

Reason 31: Biblical accounts

Much of the Bible deals with eyewitness accounts, written only 40 years after Jesus died. When the books in the New Testament were first around, there would have been confusion & anger if the books were not true.

Reason 32: Archaeology

From as early as 2000 BC, there is archaeological evidence to confirm many details we're provided with in the Bible.

Reason 33: Biblical prophecy

Not one single Biblical prediction can be shown as false, and the Bible contains hundreds.

Reason 34: Al history

The evidence from literature & historical studies claim that Biblical statements are reliable details of genuine events.

Reason 35: Christianity and science in harmony

From the birth of science through to today, there is no evidence to claim that Christianity & science are in opposition. Many first scientists were Christians; Francis Bacon, Isaac [sic] Newton, Robert Boyle, to name a few, along with the many who stand by their work & faith today.

Reason 36: How vs. why

Science can explain 'how' something works, but not 'why' something works.

Reason 37: Science changes

Science is constantly recorrecting [sic] its findings. Past theories contradict certain beliefs which are held today. Our present 'discoveries' may change again in the future to rediscover how we originally came into existence.

Reason 38: Abiogenesis

Evolution describes the way life possibly started, yet doesn't explain what made life start & why. Scientific questions fail to do that. Even if evolution were proved, it would still not disprove God.

Reason: 39

The two people who discovered Jesus' empty tomb were women. Women were very low on the social scale in first century Palestine, so in order to make the story fit, it would have made far more sense to claim that it were male disciples who had entered the tomb. But it wasn't - we're left with the historical & Biblical truth.

Reason 40: Near Death experience

Think about Near Death Experiences. It's naive to believe that they all are induced by chemicals or drugs. How do we account for a blind person having this experience, coming back to describe what they had never before seen, a person telling the Doctor that there is a blue paperclip on top of the high cabinet, which they couldn't have otherwise known, an african [sic] man being dead in his coffin for 3 days, coming back to life to tell of much the same events which took place as those of many others? We never hear of the witnesses describing "a dream". We're not silly - we know the difference between even the most vivid of dreams to that of reality.

Reason 41: Biblical skeptics

There are many skeptics who didn't believe in Jesus before his crucifixion, and who were opposed to Christianity, yet turned to the Christian faith after the death of Jesus. Just as the many who continue to do so today.

Reason 42: Einstein quote

Albert Einstein said; "A legitimate conflict between science & religion cannot exist. Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind".

Reason 43: The tomato thrower

A speaker in Hyde Park who was attacking belief in God, claimed that the world just happened. As he spoke, a soft tomato was thrown at him. "Who threw that?" He said angrily. A cockney from the back of the crowd replied; "No-one threw it - it threw itself!"

Reason 44: Occam's supernatural razor

It is easier to believe that God created something out of nothing than it is to believe that nothing created something out of nothing.

Reason 45: How-vs.-why Hawking quote

Stephen Hawkins [sic] has admitted; "Science may solve the problem of how the universe began, but it cannot answer the question: why does the universe bother to exist?"

Reason 46: With God all things are possible

We cannot confuse God with man. With God in the equation, all things, including miracles are possible. If God is God, he is Creator of all, inclusive of scientific law. He is Creator of matter & spirit.

Reason 47: Evolved vs. evolving

If we are the product of evolution - by sheer accident, chance, then we are still evolving. Does it just so happen that we exist here today with everything so finely tuned for our living. as we now have it?

Reason 48: The Missing Link

Could it possibly be that the missing link does not exist?!

God has proved himself to us in numerous ways, all around us. The atheist needs to put his glasses on. What more can God possibly do if man has shut his eyes to him?

Reason 50: 

Jesus Christ is either who he says he is, or he is the biggest con man history has ever known.

Reason 51:

If

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

inb4 tl;dr

quidy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 quidy123
Member since 2012 • 111 Posts
i could prove every one of your points wrong, but i really cant be bothered
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Just a heads up, any disagreement with the TC will result in the OT religious wing swooping in, accusing you of religious persecution and labelling you a 'Militant Athiest'

MetalDogGear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MetalDogGear

inb4 tl;dr

johnd13
You don't read because you have no argument Therefor, I win by default
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tenaka2

[QUOTE="johnd13"]

inb4 tl;dr

MetalDogGear

There is a spelling error in the thread title, didn't you mean to call the thread '51 reasons why MetalDogGear is an idiot' ?

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 johnd13

[QUOTE="johnd13"]

inb4 tl;dr

MetalDogGear

I' m Christian lol.

MetalDogGear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MetalDogGear

[QUOTE="MetalDogGear"][QUOTE="johnd13"]

inb4 tl;dr

johnd13

I' m Christian lol.

Irregardless I still win.
johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 johnd13

[QUOTE="johnd13"]

[QUOTE="MetalDogGear"] You don't read because you have no argument Therefor, I win by defaultMetalDogGear

I' m Christian lol.

You' re an idiot.

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

0/10

Go to bed.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Someone who seemingly cares far more than I has already refuted all these copy and pasted points
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

1. DNA wasn't assembled at random; natural selection is a non-random process. And DNA probably isn't what the first lifeforms had.
2. Anecdote
3. Proven by experiment to be of no value
4. And 'nothing' is something.
5. Universe from nothing, but note: nothing weighs something and has some volume. The universe's existence allows life. Virtual particles pop in and out of existence all the time. Limited knowledge != wrong.
6. Science can detect "thoughts", all you have to do is translate the brain's functioning. And we've pulled images out of people's heads.
7. Theory (th'-r, thîr')

Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge, in contrast to more common uses of the word "theory" that imply that something is unproven or speculative (which is better defined by the word 'hypothesis'). Scientific theories are also distinguished from hypotheses, which are individual empirically testable conjectures, and scientific laws, which are descriptive accounts of how nature will behave under certain conditions.
8. No it isn't. And what people have witnessed is just anecdote. There is no evidence, it doesn't seem necessary in anyway.
9. I can't be angry at something that doesn't exist outside of fairy tales.
10. I'm not the one who's a member of a book club that sponsors ignorance and pedophilia
11. Not a paradox, there was no defined point that the first chicken came to be, it was a group of species of ~chicken-like birds that slowly changed, imperceptibly, into what is considered the modern day chicken.
12. Yea, improbable != impossible. 
13. 5
14. Brain isn't from mindless cells, it's made of cells that make the mind. Our consciousness is just the remnant excitation of the biological analogue circuit that is our brain.
15. We wouldn't make it here w/o sustenance, we would have failed natural selection and would have been selected out (extinct) if we failed to find food and water.
16. Evolved
17. Probability, 100's of billions of stars in our galaxy, of 100s of billions of galaxies in 1 (known) universe.
18. ^
19. ^^
20. ^^^ 5
21. Life wasn't random chance, it was probability (12)
22. They are detectable. No god has ever been detected.
23. Tomatoes rot because of bacteria, they don't "transform". And 5.
24. No evidence of this occurring.
25. The group survives, not the individual. Natural selection was the crucible that forged our morality, necessary for a social life style.
26. They do.
27. Chance is probability, you have a x% probability for "this" outcome. Flip a coin, 50/50 chance of heads up.
28. The only limit that we know for sure is our knowledge.
29. Wat, there are other calenders. Our calender, based of the Ancient Romans (pagen) used to have 10 months (December = deci = 10. It is now the "Julian" calender with Julius(July) and Augustus(August) Cesar added.)
30. Cults, Cons.. People have many times in the past.
31. Not evidence
32. Surprisingly, art is shaped by the culture its from, almost all of it has some historic accuracy if you look into it.
33. The only prophecies in the bible were "discovered" after they occurred.
34. Nope, the Bible has very little verifiable and accurate history.
35. I can't remember her name, a scientist, was murdered by early Christians in Alexandria ~300 A.D.. Pushing creationism and "intelligent design", religion hardly likes science, since it's so often able to stop the tithes from rolling in. Iraq 'used' to be the scientific and social center of the world, look where it is now.
36. "Why" doesn't matter. "Why must there be a universe?" A= "Why must there be a reason?"
37. That's its strength, the ability to amend its faults, to correct itself. Religion is stagnate, bronze age myths.
38. "Why" doesn't matter, why something 'must' exist is meaningless. Abiogensis is an incomplete hypothesis, ignorance != wrong.
39. Anecdote
40. The white flash and lovely sensation is the results of endorphins. And, if you've ever noticed, you accept your dreams as reality 99% of the time during them. Only when you're conscious do you realize it wasn't (unless you're having a lucid dream).
41. Anecdote
42. Religion's fun, but blind? K, I think it's disgusting Einstein was only a man, he was fallible.
43. wat, anecdote
44. God would have came from nothing too, doesn't answer the question at all, beyond plugging your ears and saying "naa naa naan aaa, I don't hear you". Something from nothing 5.
45. It doesn't need to have a "why" (this is getting redundant)
47. So finely tuned, that's why we have vestiges and sickness. 
48. Tiny gaps aren't important, there's more than enough evidence to see where our species evolved from. And Lucy(homo floresien) is one of many "missing links"
49. Not proven in any way.
50. Even if Jesus existed, and honestly believed the crap he said; the biggest con man, he is not. No, the concept of organized religion is the biggest con.
51. Pascal's wager, bet on an infinite variation of possible religions and think that it will get you to heaven. Is it not more moral to have honestly failed to believe in God due to a lack of evidence, than it is to believe in God just to save yourself? How selfish.

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#13 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts

1. DNA wasn't assembled at random; natural selection is a non-random process. And DNA probably isn't what the first lifeforms had.
2. Anecdote
3. Proven by experiment to be of no value
5. Universe from nothing, but note: nothing weighs something and has some volume. The universe's existence allows life. Virtual particles pop in and out of existence all the time. Limited knowledge != wrong.
6. Science can detect "thoughts", all you have to do is translate the brain's functioning. And we've pulled images out of people's heads.
7. Theory (th'-r, thîr')

Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge, in contrast to more common uses of the word "theory" that imply that something is unproven or speculative (which is better defined by the word 'hypothesis'). Scientific theories are also distinguished from hypotheses, which are individual empirically testable conjectures, and scientific laws, which are descriptive accounts of how nature will behave under certain conditions.
8. No it isn't. And what people have witnessed is just anecdote. There is no evidence, it doesn't seem necessary in anyway.
9. I can't be angry at something that doesn't exist outside of fairy tales.
10. I'm not the one who's a member of a book club that sponsors ignorance and pedophilia
11. Not a paradox, there was no defined point that the first chicken came to be, it was a group of species of ~chicken-like birds that slowly changed, imperceptibly, into what is considered the modern day chicken.
12. Yea, improbable != impossible. 
13. 5
14. Brain isn't from mindless cells, it's made of cells that make the mind. Our consciousness is just the remnant excitation of the biological analogue circuit that is our brain.
15. We wouldn't make it here w/o sustenance, we would have failed natural selection and would have been selected out (extinct) if we failed to find food and water.
16. Evolved
17. Probability, 100's of billions of stars in our galaxy, of 100s of billions of galaxies in 1 (known) universe.
18. ^
19. ^^
20. ^^^ 5
21. Life wasn't random chance, it was probability (12)
22. They are detectable. No god has ever been detected.
23. Tomatoes rot because of bacteria, they don't "transform". And 5.
24. No evidence of this occurring.
25. The group survives, not the individual. Natural selection was the crucible that forged our morality, necessary for a social life style.
26. They do.
27. Chance is probability, you have a x% probability for "this" outcome. Flip a coin, 50/50 chance of heads up.
28. The only limit that we know for sure is our knowledge.
29. Wat, there are other calenders. Our calender, based of the Ancient Romans (pagen) used to have 10 months (December = deci = 10. It is now the "Julian" calender with Julius(July) and Augustus(August) Cesar added.)
30. Cults, Cons.. People have many times in the past.
31. Not evidence
32. Surprisingly, art is shaped by the culture its from, almost all of it has some historic accuracy if you look into it.
33. The only prophecies in the bible were "discovered" after they occurred.
34. Nope, the Bible has very little verifiable and accurate history.
35. I can't remember her name, a scientist, was murdered by early Christians in Alexandria ~300 A.D.. Pushing creationism and "intelligent design", religion hardly likes science, since it's so often able to stop the tithes from rolling in. Iraq 'used' to be the scientific and social center of the world, look where it is now.
36. "Why" doesn't matter. "Why must there be a universe?" A= "Why must there be a reason?"
37. That's its strength, the ability to amend its faults, to correct itself. Religion is stagnate, bronze age myths.
38. "Why" doesn't matter, why something 'must' exist is meaningless. Abiogensis is an incomplete hypothesis, ignorance != wrong.
39. Anecdote
40. The white flash and lovely sensation is the results of endorphins. And, if you've ever noticed, you accept your dreams as reality 99% of the time during them. Only when you're conscious do you realize it wasn't (unless you're having a lucid dream).
41. Anecdote
42. Religion's fun, but blind? K, I think it's disgusting Einstein was only a man, he was fallible.
43. wat, anecdote
44. God would have came from nothing too, doesn't answer the question at all, beyond plugging your ears and saying "naa naa naan aaa, I don't hear you". Something from nothing 5.
45. It doesn't need to have a "why" (this is getting redundant)
47. So finely tuned, that's why we have vestiges and sickness. 
48. Tiny gaps aren't important, there's more than enough evidence to see where our species evolved from. And Lucy(homo floresien) is one of many "missing links"
49. Not proven in any way.
50. Even if Jesus existed, and honestly believed the crap he said; the biggest con man, he is not. No, the concept of organized religion is the biggest con.
51. Pascal's wager, bet on an infinite variation of possible religions and think that it will get you to heaven. Is it not more moral to have honestly failed to believe in God due to a lack of evidence, than it is to believe in God just to save yourself? How selfish.

Inconsistancy
Kudos, you actually took the time to answer all his points. :)
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
If God exists he's a real dick
dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts
Mostly lame, and this isn't coming from an atheist.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19567 Posts

Well, I read all of them, and not a single one of them necessarily means that Christianity is correct.

Some are general 'attacks on atheism (which do not prove anything relating to any religion, let alone Christianity), some are claims that science and religion can coincide (which don't prove anything relating to any religion, let alone Christianity), some are general observations on the supernatural (which proved nothing about Christianity), and some simply say that the Bible is right because it hasn't been disproven yet (which proves nothing about Christianity).

Just about all of them are logically flawed in their own, special way. It'd take a few pages of posts and about an hour to fully point out why though, so bugger that.

If you can't immediately see why most of these points are inherently flawed, then I strongly suggest that you actually try to learn something about science, philosophy or logic at some point in the future.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Have you ever seen god? No. 2.Got any proofs for that? No you don't
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19567 Posts
Actually, here you go. Someone else responded to this same list back in 2011: http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php?title=50_reasons_to_believe_in_God
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts
 MetalDogGear
oh my
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
I believe in God yet disagree with most of those reasonings.
FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FMAB_GTO
Member since 2010 • 14385 Posts
Nice~ hope things stay peaceful in this thread =[ Most likely wouldnt but w/e
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tenaka2

I believe in God yet disagree with most of those reasonings.mindstorm

You believe in God? You managed to keep that quiet!

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts
I'm going to assume this is troll bait. On the off chance that it isn't, you're an idiot if you believe any of those reasons.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]I believe in God yet disagree with most of those reasonings.tenaka2

Who'd a thunk it? Perhaps it was the cardboard sign I carry around everywhere I go with the word "Repent" on it. Metaphorically speaking, that is.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

I'm going to assume this is troll bait. On the off chance that it isn't, you're an idiot if you believe any of those reasons. HoolaHoopMan
He used the word "irregardless".

His "arguments" are invalid.

:P

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]I believe in God yet disagree with most of those reasonings.mindstorm

Who'd a thunk it? Perhaps it was the cardboard sign I carry around everywhere I go with the word "Repent" on it. Metaphorically speaking, that is.

Would make a cool t-shirt

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts

Reason 4: First cause The law of cause & effect - in order to have an effect, there has to be a cause. Everything is caused by something.

Still not sure how the cosmological argument, and the majority of "arguments" on your list, point to the Christian God specifically.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#28 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

tumblr_m997ezwl8z1rdb5a9o1_400.gif.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
Number 1 made me laugh...... so stupid. "Intelligent Design, we humans see things as design patterns therefore surely living organisms could not evolve the way they did without being designed as such" :lol: .... proof? OH WAIT YOU HAVE NONE.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

5. Universe from nothing, but note: nothing weighs something and has some volume. 

Inconsistancy

no

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
51. Pascal's wager, bet on an infinite variation of possible religions and think that it will get you to heaven. Is it not more moral to have honestly failed to believe in God due to a lack of evidence, than it is to believe in God just to save yourself? How selfish. Sums up the majority of believers.... most of the people I know or have read about that claim to be christian do not follow it in the slightest. "51. Pascal's wager, bet on an infinite variation of possible religions and think that it will get you to heaven. Is it not more moral to have honestly failed to believe in God due to a lack of evidence, than it is to believe in God just to save yourself? How selfish." Fear of Death makes you believe there is some godfather waiting to give you clouds, candy and peace for all eternity... now I ask you "freinds" ... to what purpose? f*king idiots.
Bane_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Bane_09
Member since 2010 • 3394 Posts

Reason 4: First cause The law of cause & effect - in order to have an effect, there has to be a cause. Everything is caused by something.MrPraline

Still not sure how the cosmological argument, and the majority of "arguments" on your list, point to the Christian God specifically.

Yes those damn Christians always assume it will be their God if there is one, how come Brahma never gets no love?

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

TC be trollin'.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#34 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

A lot of those reasons dont make any sense or are based on ignorance.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts
...aaand stopped at reason 1. good day, folks..
Avatar image for HomicidalCherry
HomicidalCherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HomicidalCherry
Member since 2009 • 959 Posts

[QUOTE="johnd13"]

[QUOTE="MetalDogGear"] You don't read because you have no argument Therefor, I win by defaultMetalDogGear

I' m Christian lol.

God has to exist because it's a god damn miracle people can't figure out you're a troll.

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

Oh look, someone that doesn't understand evolution, at ALL.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

[QUOTE="johnd13"]

I' m Christian lol.

Irregardless is not a word :x

Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Blood-Scribe
Member since 2007 • 6465 Posts

[QUOTE="MetalDogGear"][QUOTE="johnd13"]

I' m Christian lol.

theone86

Irregardless is not a word :x

Unfortunately, it actually is:

[spoiler]  [/spoiler]

It's kinda like 'inflammable' and 'flammable'. One looks like the negation of the other, yet they mean the same thing.

addendum: this thread is awful and I don't understand how people take the OP seriously

dominer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dominer
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

I couldn't make it past #7.

How far did you guys get?

venomousssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 venomousssss
Member since 2004 • 30 Posts

i like reason 21, because i feel the big bang theory is such a crock, and couldnt happen if it tried a billion trillion times.

reason 26 man vs animal.   i beg to differ.   we all are animals. which all serve a different purpose.  we are no special than the next organism.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts
Sorry, but 51 reasons automatically makes this thread a tl;dr.
Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts

Oh look, someone that doesn't understand evolution, at ALL.

Guybrush_3
Not believing in Evolution is like not believing there are other planets outside of this planet in our Solar System.
helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts
Such rubbish. Not that I discount God. But the bible stuff is rubbish.
Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#46 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts
I read the entire thing. Here is my response. :lol:
TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

Some of the points are just stupid.

and im a theist.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Faith through fallacy. Must be nice.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="Inconsistancy"]

5. Universe from nothing, but note: nothing weighs something and has some volume. 

themajormayor

no

Yes. Physics nothing != layman's nothing

SulIy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SulIy
Member since 2013 • 113 Posts

"Evolution is JUST A THEORY"

I stopped reading right there.  You don't know anything about evolution.