5 Things to Say When Approaching a Woman According To Yahoo.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by silverrhino (794 posts) -

1. She has a great dog, so you pet the dog and ask, "What's your dog's name?" Obviously she will tell you, to which you can comment on how sweet the dog is and the conversation should naturally unfold.

2. You're in a café and she has a newspaper. You can ask, "Do you mind if I read that section when you're done?" When she gives it to you, ask, "Anything exciting I should read first?"

3. On an airplane, ask to borrow a pen. If you're feeling really courageous, once you've got her pen, shake her hand and say very seriously, "Nice to meet you, I'm ranked #2 among America's Most Wanted Pen Thieves. Ever seen it?" Sure it's kinda cheesy, but it's also the kind of off-the-wall thing women love.

4. At a diner, ask her if you can borrow the salt from her table. When she gives it to you, say, "Thanks, I saw you eyeballing it so I thought I'd help out by removing the temptation for you. Salt is very bad for you, ya know," as you proceed to douse your own food with it -- another one that's sure to get some laughs.

5. In a bank line, you can even use the lack of customer service on the part of the tellers as a prop. Why? Because it gives you something to talk about -- that's exactly what props are for.

What do you think about these 5 things to say?  Do you think they would actually work?  Personally, I think they are all lame/cheesy and if I was the woman, I would get a bad impression on the guy. 

#2 Posted by schoeffmaster (10674 posts) -
lmao on the third one...but the others were ok..
#3 Posted by nightshade85 (5645 posts) -
who is the #1 pen thief I wonder
#4 Posted by chip_money (2748 posts) -
O.o craptastic?
#5 Posted by foxhound_fox (90491 posts) -
Or...

"Hi, my name is (insert name), it is nice to meet you." *extend hand with a gesture for a shake*
#6 Posted by Funkdaddy13 (8930 posts) -
Yahoo is so stupid...
#7 Posted by maheo30 (5102 posts) -
"Hi, my name is ______ can you help me with a rash I have in my groin. Then we can do to dinner afterwards." That works every time!:D
#8 Posted by torontogamer (194 posts) -

those are so lame, its like the movies. just go say hey to them, if they like you they'll chuckle or if they don't chuckle they'll probably go something like this: "hi o.o.... well i gotta go over there *ahem* excuse me".

#9 Posted by silverrhino (794 posts) -
Or...

"Hi, my name is (insert name), it is nice to meet you." *extend hand with a gesture for a shake*
foxhound_fox
Does that actually work these days?  It seems so generic and up-front.
#10 Posted by foxhound_fox (90491 posts) -
Does that actually work these days? It seems so generic and up-front.silverrhino

I believe that women on more interested in a man's confidence in approaching them... not their ability to form witty remarks. ;)
#11 Posted by cmhawk (16494 posts) -
rofl. if a bloke tried 2 use them on me i wud b thinking 'go away please'
#12 Posted by The_Game21x (26342 posts) -

Those sound...really lame.

If I used one, I'd probably be laughed at by the girl. Then she'd call all their friends and they'd laugh too.

#13 Posted by MCGSMB (2149 posts) -

BEST PICK UP LINE EVER!!!!

When you see a girl ordering or eating breakfast...

So...do you like your eggs scrambled or fertilized? 

#14 Posted by Account_27 (13426 posts) -
Except when you say number 3 to her, and she reads yahoo, you're pretty much screwed.
#15 Posted by sidler88 (724 posts) -
lol... all those are so gay
#16 Posted by Funkdaddy13 (8930 posts) -
rofl. if a bloke tried 2 use them on me i wud b thinking 'go away please'cmhawk
Until just now, I always thought you were a guy simply because you used to have that pic of the guy (I think from one of the Resident Evil's) in your sig and avi. I think of people as their avi's or sigs.. :lol:
#17 Posted by someotherguy654 (15122 posts) -

who is the #1 pen thief I wondernightshade85
The woman who had the pen.

#18 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17686 posts) -
LMAO the 3rd and 4th one are witty, but not very good....
#19 Posted by trickmyster13 (2017 posts) -

who is the #1 pen thief I wondernightshade85

I am, now wonder no more!! 

#20 Posted by Flaming_Ape (3246 posts) -
So the main strategy is to borrow stuff and have a conversation unfold?
#21 Posted by Legolas_Katarn (15592 posts) -

Until just now, I always thought you were a guy simply because you used to have that pic of the guy (I think from one of the Resident Evil's) in your sig and avi. I think of people as their avi's or sigs..

Speaking of Resident Evil, that is the series of games where I would actually expect characters to use lines like that. (With the exception of RE4).

#22 Posted by gamerelite1 (244 posts) -
My pick up line is I must be a giant crab because you attacked my weak point for massive damage.
#23 Posted by soulless4now (41381 posts) -
Well that was interesting.
#24 Posted by whitetiger3521 (4686 posts) -
Sorry I have my own unique style on how to approach someone, Plus I have a wonderful, and sexy gf :D.
#25 Posted by whitetiger3521 (4686 posts) -
My pick up line is I must be a giant crab because you attacked my weak point for massive damage.gamerelite1
:lol:... SHe prolly thinks you got crabs!
#26 Posted by lilshorty84 (441 posts) -

Meh....there okay, but i've seen worst pick up lines like the one my friend used. He just started walking up to random women and asking them: "Are you from tennessee, cuase your the only ten that i see." Thats probably the worst one ever....it was good for laughs though....

#27 Posted by dremorius20 (5743 posts) -

I didn't need those tricks to get a girl... just my huge tool....

#28 Posted by sthadji (4682 posts) -
:lol: at the third one.
#29 Posted by lilshorty84 (441 posts) -
[QUOTE="gamerelite1"]My pick up line is I must be a giant crab because you attacked my weak point for massive damage.whitetiger3521
:lol:... SHe prolly thinks you got crabs!

He probably does....eww...
#30 Posted by Elraptor (30966 posts) -
Bwahahahaha . . . thanks for the tips which I shall never have the chutzpah to use. ;)
#31 Posted by -Karayan- (6713 posts) -
They all seem stupid to me.
#32 Posted by Goose (32511 posts) -

MCGSMB

Man, bad pickup lines are hilarious.  My personal favorite:

Woman: Excuse me, do you have the time?

Man: Sure thing.  Do you have the energy?

#33 Posted by lilshorty84 (441 posts) -
[QUOTE="MCGSMB"]

Goose

Lol...thats pretty funny....
#34 Posted by dremorius20 (5743 posts) -
[QUOTE="MCGSMB"]

Goose

:lol: :cry: :lol: got to be teh best i've heard.
#35 Posted by mmogoon (7311 posts) -
number 3 made me cringe
#37 Posted by 194197844077667059316682358889 (49173 posts) -
Any woman who would respond to those lines FTL
#38 Posted by southy787 (14565 posts) -
No wonder so many guys are single, with advice like that.
#39 Posted by lilshorty84 (441 posts) -
No wonder so many guys are single, with advice like that.southy787
Lol...thats good, so what about all the single women? Whats your advice? Those quizes in the magazines? 
#40 Posted by dremorius20 (5743 posts) -
[QUOTE="southy787"]No wonder so many guys are single, with advice like that.lilshorty84
Lol...thats good, so what about all the single women? Whats your advice? Those quizes in the magazines? 

ho ho! good call.
#41 Posted by lzorro (7395 posts) -
Or "Hello, would you like to go out?" :|
#42 Posted by Delongman (1358 posts) -
All the men at Yahoo must all be chickless or gay More like best ways to make a chick dislike you! Hey we should seriously make our own "Gamespot's guide to romancing Vol 1"
#43 Posted by andrewkozis (3336 posts) -
lol they really suck bad
#44 Posted by dremorius20 (5743 posts) -
All the men at Yahoo must all be chickless or gay More like best ways to make a chick dislike you! Hey we should seriously make our own "Gamespot's guide to romancing Vol 1"Delongman
Up for it.
#45 Posted by Goose (32511 posts) -
All the men at Yahoo must all be chickless or gay More like best ways to make a chick dislike you! Hey we should seriously make our own "Gamespot's guide to romancing Vol 1"Delongman
Yeah, imagine the combined expertise on dating that you could find on a videogame-oriented internet discussion board!  It's a foolproof plan!
#46 Posted by The_PirateKing (9714 posts) -
~-~That's good advice. If I say that to a girl and she laughs then she isn't my type. There can never be any good pickup lines cuz it all depends on what you want them to want. If the girl says, "Oh go **** off Mr. Sunshine," as a response to those then she's my kind of girl.;)~-~
#47 Posted by Delongman (1358 posts) -

[QUOTE="Delongman"]All the men at Yahoo must all be chickless or gay More like best ways to make a chick dislike you! Hey we should seriously make our own "Gamespot's guide to romancing Vol 1"Goose
Yeah, imagine the combined expertise on dating that you could find on a videogame-oriented internet discussion board!  It's a foolproof plan!

Are you insinuating that video gamer don't have "skills"? That's it... *Puts up his fists*

#48 Posted by Montaya (4269 posts) -
My observation is that if you cannot think of any of your own ways to start convo with the ladies then dont waste their time and use silly picup lines from the internet unless you plan to read silly pickup and convo fuel off the internet your whole life to fuel the relationship interest.
#49 Posted by Articuno76 (19005 posts) -

1,2 and 3 aren't particularly creepy (depening on the context of the approach), but 2 relies too much on the co-operation of a 3rd party, some people simply won't play along.