4 digit phone number?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by musicaz70 (1949 posts) -

For the past almost two weeks now, every few days I get called by different four digit phone numbers... I don't know what to do, but I've never been around when they've called except once and I just barely missed the call, but haven't called back because I'm kind of weirded out by it.

#2 Posted by RenegadePatriot (20815 posts) -
I never knew they had 4 digit phone numbers:?
#3 Posted by Tauruslink (6586 posts) -
Don't answer it. Just wait it out until they stop calling.
#4 Posted by FalcoLX (4452 posts) -

All I can tell you is to leave the city and find somewhere to stay for a couple weeks. I'll leave your instructions after that in the usual place. I can't tell you anything else right now.

#5 Posted by swatsickle (627 posts) -
#6 Posted by musicaz70 (1949 posts) -

All I can tell you is to leave the city and find somewhere to stay for a couple weeks. I'll leave your instructions after that in the usual place. I can't tell you anything else right now.

FalcoLX
Aw hell, not again... Last time I barely made it out of there alive when I had FBI agents riding on velociraptors chasing me down in Nevada.
#7 Posted by rubybear751 (36 posts) -
Ive recived phone calls that were like completly zeros. weve never answered them before and they still call. its been about.. oh id say about two years... and they still call. we just dont answer the phone anymore. at least they call at decent hours right?? well here they do anyways..-rubybear
#8 Posted by cametall (7692 posts) -
Either bill collectors, surveyors (sp?), or telemarketers. I've gotten calls from "0000" and "321-456". I think I've even received a call from "1".
#9 Posted by foxhound_fox (86990 posts) -

I think they are numbers associated with your wireless provider. When I miss a call, I get a text message from "+8888" telling me the number of the person that phoned and what time they phoned. I also have received a call from my provider's customer service which was something like "+0001."

#10 Posted by Montaya (4269 posts) -

Im pretty sure those are numbers associated with automated messaging systems for advertising or notifying.

#11 Posted by Omega_Zero69 (13663 posts) -
maybe there aliens and there trying to tell us something :o
#12 Posted by kmoore17j (1 posts) -
Ive recived phone calls that were like completly zeros. weve never answered them before and they still call. its been about.. oh id say about two years... and they still call. we just dont answer the phone anymore. at least they call at decent hours right?? well here they do anyways..-rubybearrubybear751
my husband is in the military, and from my experiance phone numbers that are 000-000-0000 are usually satalite phones... I have got phone call twice in the last 2 days, all it says is 6126... I looked on my my phone statement and it says number unknown... unfortnatly I answer ll calls I get cause my husband is deployed and well I never know what number he will call me from next... but he has never called from a 4 digit numbr... soi am stumped... :(
#13 Posted by Sulhir (5 posts) -
I have this same problem. I thought it might have something to do with the fact that I'm using MagicJack, but this is the first they've heard of it. The first number 2452 never has anyone on the other end and the most recent one 9621 had someone who said something too quickly for me to understand and then hung up when I asked them to say it again.
#14 Posted by Sulhir (5 posts) -
i was gonna try *69 but it doesn't work on MagicJack.
#15 Posted by Sulhir (5 posts) -
OMG I KNOW THE ANSWER. According to http://www.artlebedev.com/mandership/91/ we're being telephoned from the paaaaaast.
#16 Posted by McCHitman (11 posts) -

This thread is old, but this just happened to me today. I got a caill from a 379-4 number on my cell. I answered it but didn't say anything, thinking it was a automated gimmick, when they said Hello I said Hi, and it turns out it was my job calling to verify my benefits....strange.

#17 Posted by dancerchick94 (1 posts) -
This just happened to me! I got called twice by the number "5666". I was in class so I couldnt talk but I accidently answered so the man on the line just said "Hello" for a couple seconds then hung up. From the little research I've done, I think it might be an extension, like at an office or something.
#18 Posted by thegerg (14424 posts) -
OK. Thanks for sharing.