4/4 Texas Lt. Gov. candidates want creationism in classrooms

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -
#203 Posted by Brain_Duster (381 posts) -

@ultimate-k: If only you knew what that quote means...

#204 Edited by Guybrush_3 (8308 posts) -

@ultimate-k: That quote says it seems absurd but it doesn't mean it actually is absurd, and we don't have a "perfect complex eye." Our eyes aren't even remotely close to perfect. If our eyes were designed the the designer is a moron because he put the nerve on the wrong side! Did you know that? The ocular nerve actually attaches on the inside of our eye creating a blind spot. Hell, octopuses have a better eye than we do. If you want to learn more about how the vertebrate eye evolved you can read this, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3143066/ or you can keep trying to cherry pick random bullshit.

#205 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

@Guybrush_3: Dosnt make the qoute any less true, the eye is very complex design.

#206 Edited by Guybrush_3 (8308 posts) -

@ultimate-k: Ok, it's complex. The quote is true in that it shouldn't be considered subversive to the theory of evolution. Evolution by natural selection has produced a ton of complex things.

#207 Posted by lostrib (33438 posts) -

I feel like this thread has made me dumber. If my experiments don't work tomorrow, I blame all of you

#208 Edited by Riverwolf007 (23432 posts) -

meh if nothing else it saves time.

pretending to read one book is way easier than reading the ones necessary to understand natural selection.

#209 Edited by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

@Brain_Duster said:

@ultimate-k said:

How dare you have alternative views, your stupid for not believing in what I believe!

No, you're just stupid and that's all there is to it.

Yep you should not question things, and just accept what we've been told, and attack anyone who isn't brain dead and likes to self educate and question things!

The only stupid one here is you like the rest of you drones.

#210 Posted by sSubZerOo (43016 posts) -

Seriously I can't believe people still fvcking deny the Theory of Evolution.... Yet they continue shoving their faces full of the crops and cattle that took generations of domestication in which we fundamentally changed the crops and animals evolutionary routes to serve our needs.. Oh I know what your going to say! A Dog is still a canine or other such bullsh!t.. Corn was originally a tall thick grass that looks absolutely nothing like it does now.. And that was only through a mere several thousand years of domestication.. The sad thing about this is Creationism is giving many Christians a bad name, because the Catholic denomination for instance accepts Evolution.. The fact of the matter is this, Evolution has as much evidence as anything else out there.. And to question the WHOLE thing, pretty much suggests that you should be questioning reality in general..

#211 Edited by sSubZerOo (43016 posts) -

“To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I confess, absurd in the highest degree...The difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection , though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered subversive of the theory.”

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/93641-to-suppose-that-the-eye-with-all-its-inimitable-contrivances

And hes attacking my religion which is evolution, he has all the facts to disprove it, so Im not going to read it, and ignore it, then attack the person whos saying it!

Look at all you evolutionists, no better than a christian.

What the hell is a evolutionist? I guess the Catholic Church that publicly accepts the Theory of Evolution are not actually Christian, but evolutionist, regardless if they happen to be the oldest denomination of Christianity out there..

#212 Posted by TheFlush (5474 posts) -

@Master_Live said:

@The-Apostle said:

I would've preferred being taught that rather than force-fed evolution. >_>

Come on Apostle, Evolution is backed by research and evidence; it is the unifying theory of biology. Creationism is fine for a religious studies class.

As a biologist and a degree at UNL, I can tell for fact you made one giant mistake with your post when you added "theory". While you are correct that evolution is the most popular and accepted among biologist, it is still a theory and yet to be proven.

You are not a biologist.
Why? You don't even know the difference between a theory in the colloquial sense and a scientific theory.
In other words you don't even know the basic principles of science that you learn in high school.
A faker troll, that's what you are.