300, an unethical movie picture

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Decknique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Decknique
Member since 2003 • 126 Posts
I recently came across a petition on petitiononline about how 300 Portrays the Persians as these horrible people.... And how they're really great, nice people and how all Persians nowadays are offended.
http://www.petitiononline.com/wpci96c/petition.html
So. I'm not really one for stupidity and stuff. I understand their point and everything. Xerxes WAS one of the greatest Persian duders around. But. Really... In this hypersensitive world, I am extremely annoyed at this particular bit of hypersensitivity. So I made a "Petition against the Dummies who thought 300 is Bad" Petition essentially highlighting their idiocy. http://www.petitiononline.com/300ntrl/petition.html Please join me, or if you can't see these links for whatever reason, please email me at: PeopleareDumb@mail.com

Decknique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Decknique
I hate bumping... sorry 
ProudLarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 ProudLarry
Member since 2004 • 13511 Posts
This is retarded on so many levels that Im not sure how to properly respond.
Kernnee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Kernnee
Member since 2005 • 3284 Posts

'' it's like history is coming to life ''

'' shut up, here come the ninjas ''

Eye_See

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Eye_See
Member since 2005 • 277 Posts
White man vs. black man (or dark), maybe?
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
That's like saying "Saving Private Ryan" makes all Germans look like bad people. That's absurd.
1ND1FF3R3NT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 1ND1FF3R3NT
Member since 2006 • 3162 Posts

I'm seeing it tonight. And damn hypersensitivity to hell. It's just a movie.

Decknique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Decknique
I just can't believe that People are like this, is all. IT HAS MAGIC IN IT. AND MONSTERS. AND BIG FAT GUYS WITH SWORDS INSTEAD OF HANDS
Decknique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Decknique
If you guys can, though just sign my petition. I didn't want to sign theirs which, to me, would be like cutting off my nose to spite my face. So I made my own petition. With their wording in it. And highlighted certain items.
Avatar image for gorilazandgames
gorilazandgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gorilazandgames
Member since 2006 • 7937 Posts
its just a movie and those people are crazy...
Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#11 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts
Isn't it based on a comic series? Or maybe I'm thinking of another movie that is coming out.
mark4091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mark4091
Member since 2007 • 3780 Posts
That's like saying "Saving Private Ryan" makes all Germans look like bad people. That's absurd.quiglythegreat
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts
Isn't it based on a comic series? Or maybe I'm thinking of another movie that is coming out.Pittfan666
Well that battle portrayed actually happened. The story comes from ... Heracles... but it was adapted into a modern day graphic novel which the movie is about.
Food_Nipple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Food_Nipple
Member since 2003 • 8379 Posts
Originally, I was going to flame this thread for being retarted, but then I read it again and realized this is basically a war against a war on an awesome movie for no reason.  I'll join.
Decknique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Decknique
Normally I wouldn't care. But that petition has over 10000 signatures!!
rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rimnet00
Member since 2003 • 11003 Posts
People who think ancient Persians are the same Persians today are absolutely uneducated to begin with. Both of these petitions are a joke.
Decknique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Decknique
Well, then, don't sign it. I just think it's dumb that there should be 100441 sheeple that would actually sign this stupid thing
Avatar image for MrJesusisnthere
MrJesusisnthere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MrJesusisnthere
Member since 2006 • 239 Posts
everybody back then was savages
lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#19 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

The persians nowadays should have nothing to complain about. Anyone see Borat and how he basically bashed the Jewish (yeah, I know he is jewish), but it was offensive to them nontheless.

In those times, imperialism was everything and if you were a major military power, you were definitely going to go out and conquer more countries.

Anyway, in no way shape or form is it really that offensive to Persians. I have seen far worse portrayals of other cultures. I didn't hear the mexicans complaining when The Alamo was made into a movie.

300 was a really good movie though. The Spartans were ultimate fighters.

Decknique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Decknique
with magic, even
Decknique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Decknique
For their time, of course. An entire civilization was modeled after the Greeks.
Decknique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Decknique
Well, then, don't sign it. I just think it's dumb that there should be 100441 sheeple that would actually sign this stupid thingDecknique
oops I meant 10441 sheeple, and rising
ayanami_rei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 ayanami_rei
Member since 2005 • 17115 Posts
....:| That's...very sad. *Shakes head.* It's just a movie. They did the same thing in other movies.
guitboxdude25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 guitboxdude25
Member since 2006 • 2120 Posts
who the **** cares about persians?
damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts
its a movie, they dont say that when terriorist or in the movies or the japanese in the 2 clint eastwood movies recently
Decknique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Decknique
But the point is that this movie is only BASED on fact. It makes a great historical backdrop for a really cool story, and that's what they did.
Snomel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Snomel
Member since 2007 • 1138 Posts

That's like saying "Saving Private Ryan" makes all Germans look like bad people. That's absurd.quiglythegreat

I'd say it's even worse. There are at least Germans alive today who were alive in Nazi Germany. The Greco-Persian War happened nearly 2,500 years ago! I'd be very impressed if any Persians were alive today who fought in the Battle of Thermopylae. Or even if they knew for certain that they were descended from specific people who fought in it.

And the whole concept of what Persia is has changed so much anyway...... it doesn't make any sense, at all. In fact, it makes my head hurt.

Verigar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Verigar
Member since 2006 • 264 Posts
300 rule and though it isn't historically accurate,it is very entertaining.It is based on real historical facts(yes,the Persians wanted to rule Greece,Leonidas took 300 Spartans and fought to the death and after that the Persians retreat)but it happend thousands of years ago and people should not be offended.
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts

guitboxdude25

educated people.....the opposite of you , that is...

guitboxdude25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 guitboxdude25

[QUOTE="guitboxdude25"]who the **** cares about persians?
jointed

big man huh?c'mon jsut because you dont get any attention in real life, doesnt mean you need to get attention here.
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MattUD1
guitboxdude25
Obviously the Greeks...
slateman_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 slateman_basic
Member since 2002 • 4142 Posts
[QUOTE="lild1425"]

The persians nowadays should have nothing to complain about. Anyone see Borat and how he basically bashed the Jewish (yeah, I know he is jewish), but it was offensive to them nontheless.

In those times, imperialism was everything and if you were a major military power, you were definitely going to go out and conquer more countries.

Anyway, in no way shape or form is it really that offensive to Persians. I have seen far worse portrayals of other cultures. I didn't hear the mexicans complaining when The Alamo was made into a movie.

Not too mention, I don't hear anyone complaining about Black Snake Moan. No, what could be offensive about a black man chaining up a white girl who is, supposedly, a nymphomaniac? Of course, if it were reversed (white man chaining up a black girl) then Al Sharpton would be protesting it before you could say, "I have a dream . . ."
[QUOTE="Decknique"]But the point is that this movie is only BASED on fact. It makes a great historical backdrop for a really cool story, and that's what they did.

Actually, the movie isn't based on fact. Its based on Frank Miller's graphic novel "300" which he LOOSELY based on the original battle. But Frank Miller's novels have always had a fantasy type feel to them (just look at Sin City. Its impossible for someone to be mutated into that yellow thing that the senator's son became).

While, people of Persian descent may have a bit of a point, they are really being quite overly-sensitive about it.
Cyrax-Sektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#33 Cyrax-Sektor
Member since 2006 • 12060 Posts
Wasn't this locked?
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
It was like two frigging thousand years ago... it wasn't even set in anything close to modern day. :|
Echoes29604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Echoes29604
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts
[QUOTE="jointed"]

[QUOTE="guitboxdude25"]who the **** cares about persians?
guitboxdude25

big man huh?c'mon jsut because you dont get any attention in real life, doesnt mean you need to get attention here.

The typical comback from an uneducated person that has nothing better to say, and doesn't know anything about the poster.

MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MattUD1
[QUOTE="slateman_basic"][QUOTE="lild1425"]

In those times, imperialism was everything and if you were a major military power, you were definitely going to go out and conquer more countries.

Anyway, in no way shape or form is it really that offensive to Persians. I have seen far worse portrayals of other cultures. I didn't hear the mexicans complaining when The Alamo was made into a movie.

Not too mention, I don't hear anyone complaining about Black Snake Moan. No, what could be offensive about a black man chaining up a white girl who is, supposedly, a nymphomaniac? Of course, if it were reversed (white man chaining up a black girl) then Al Sharpton would be protesting it before you could say, "I have a dream . . ."
[QUOTE="Decknique"]But the point is that this movie is only BASED on fact. It makes a great historical backdrop for a really cool story, and that's what they did.

Actually, the movie isn't based on fact. Its based on Frank Miller's graphic novel "300" which he LOOSELY based on the original battle. But Frank Miller's novels have always had a fantasy type feel to them (just look at Sin City. Its impossible for someone to be mutated into that yellow thing that the senator's son became).

While, people of Persian descent may have a bit of a point, they are really being quite overly-sensitive about it.

It's a fact that there were 300 Spartans and the battle actually happened...
guitboxdude25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 guitboxdude25
Echoes29604 wrote:guitboxdude25 wrote:jointed wrote:

guitboxdude25 wrote: who the **** cares about persians?

The typical comback from an uneducated person that has nothing better to say, and doesn't know anything about the poster.

(typical comeback for a person that has no life and comes here to start s*** ,and is probably a whiney **** in real life)
do you ******* know me?do you know my grades?are you a relative?then stfu!
OODALOOP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 OODALOOP
Member since 2004 • 36350 Posts
Haha...good luck with that.
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
if the thing most recognizable attribute of your culture in the current age are rugs and cats.....you have no say...
videokidandrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 videokidandrew
Member since 2005 • 4000 Posts
Thats dumb back then the persians were evil people just like germans were but thats because they had blood thirsty rulers
Echoes29604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Echoes29604
Echoes29604 wrote:guitboxdude25 wrote:jointed wrote:

(typical comeback for a person that has no life and comes here to start s*** ,and is probably a whiney **** in real life)
guitboxdude25

I dont care about you or your grades. Your first post wasn't too smart on your part.

magicmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 magicmo
Member since 2004 • 10483 Posts
That's why Persia is no longer really recognized....The Kingdom of Persia is now the modern day Middle East, but I'm sure most people already knew that.
guitboxdude25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 guitboxdude25
[QUOTE="guitboxdude25"] Echoes29604 wrote:guitboxdude25 wrote:jointed wrote:

Echoes29604

I dont care about you or your grades. Your first post wasn't too smart on your part.

how was it stupid!and if you want to talk about educated people, most educated people would be more civilized than just saying rude,arrogant crap on the internet, when they think something is wrong.grow up and get off your high horse before someone slaps you off it.
Echoes29604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Echoes29604
[QUOTE="Echoes29604"][QUOTE="guitboxdude25"] Echoes29604 wrote:guitboxdude25 wrote:jointed wrote:

guitboxdude25

how was it stupid!and if you want to talk about educated people, most educated people would be more civilized than just saying rude,arrogant crap on the internet, when they think something is wrong.grow up and get off your high horse before someone slaps you off it.

Wow the irony. Arrogant crap such as "Who gives a **** about persians"?

guitboxdude25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 guitboxdude25
[QUOTE="guitboxdude25"][QUOTE="Echoes29604"][QUOTE="guitboxdude25"] Echoes29604 wrote:guitboxdude25 wrote:jointed wrote:

Echoes29604

Wow the irony. Arrogant crap such as "Who gives a **** about persians"?

well first of all it was a joke,second of all,who really does give a crap about the persians?its not like theyve done anything good for us lately.you act like ive affended the "all mighty persia".oh no,cant make fun of the persians, their "off limits"!do you live in persia(modern day middle east i guess)?if you are,then i shall apoligize, if you arent,stop breaking my balls and leave me the **** alone.
ghost_909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ghost_909
Member since 2005 • 1880 Posts
Internet petitions are a waste of time... but now that I think about it the internet itself is a waste of time... :|
CaptHawkeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 CaptHawkeye
Member since 2004 • 13977 Posts
No matter what one does, their will always be someone out in the world who takes offense to it.
xXBuffJeffXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 xXBuffJeffXx
Member since 2006 • 5913 Posts

No matter what one does, their will always be someone out in the world who takes offense to it. CaptHawkeye

Yeah, the mayor of Jaurez city in Mexico is pissed off about GRAW 2 because he felt the game portrayed his city as violent.

OODALOOP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 OODALOOP
Member since 2004 • 36350 Posts
No matter what one does, their will always be someone out in the world who takes offense to it. CaptHawkeye
Guess it's time for some people to develop a little thicker skin.
ryustruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 ryustruck
Member since 2005 • 3016 Posts

I recently came across a petition on petitiononline about how 300 Portrays the Persians as these horrible people.... And how they're really great, nice people and how all Persians nowadays are offended.
http://www.petitiononline.com/wpci96c/petition.html
So. I'm not really one for stupidity and stuff. I understand their point and everything. Xerxes WAS one of the greatest Persian duders around. But. Really... In this hypersensitive world, I am extremely annoyed at this particular bit of hypersensitivity. So I made a "Petition against the Dummies who thought 300 is Bad" Petition essentially highlighting their idiocy. http://www.petitiononline.com/300ntrl/petition.html Please join me, or if you can't see these links for whatever reason, please email me at: PeopleareDumb@mail.com

Decknique

i just have to ask, did you just make a post on IMDB with this exact same title and subject?