This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

One hell of a way to be awoken. Was in bed asleep when a huge explosion (louder than a transformer blowing up) jerked me awake. I was like what the fuck was that!?!?!? My girl was like I have no clue. Well as tired as I was, I fell right back to sleep. About 4 minutes later there were all kinds of sirens coming down my street and I mean a lot. My whole street was loaded with fire and police. Well my girl got dressed and went out to see what was going on and came back in to let me know what happened. Well I jumped up and got dressed and ran out to see for myself. My neighbor's house somehow (guessing poor electrical wiring) had caught on fire. While he was getting everybody out as well as the pets. their propane tank in the backyard (back of the house was what was on fire) exploded (was what jerked me awake) and engulfed his whole back side of his house, the side of the neighbor next to him had all the siding melted and my girl's dad had a few windows blown out from it. We had a clock get knocked off the wall from it. It also engulfed the whole backyard in flames as well. Everybody and all the pets made it out, but damn what a way to be woken up. The house looks like a total loss. Good for him he was a renter and not the owner. Still a mess up thing to have happen to you.

#2 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26038 posts) -

Fairly blog worthy.

#3 Edited by indzman (17231 posts) -

damn, glad you guys are okay.shit happens :(

#4 Posted by Aljosa23 (24739 posts) -

Cool story bro, would read again. 7/10

#5 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@indzman: Yeah I just went and looked at the back of the house and it is a mess. Only the shell of the back of the house is there. No walls.

#6 Posted by Brain_Duster (389 posts) -

Post some pictures.

#7 Edited by Kenocratic (92 posts) -

I guess it helps to check some of the wiring that you can every few years like behind light switch plates on walls, etc.

#8 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
#9 Posted by Braun_Roid_Rage (719 posts) -

That's crazy.

#10 Edited by Brain_Duster (389 posts) -
#11 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@Brain_Duster said:

Post some pictures.

I will do you one better. http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2014/03/26/columbus-harris-avenue-explosions-house-fire.html Although in typical fasion, the news got it wrong. She says the fire started from the explosion, but what really happened was the explosion happened because of the fire. The heat from the fire caused the propane tank to explode.

Good thing someone noticed the fire before that though.

When you watch the video, the white house on the left of it is my girl's dad's house. My girl said it blew 5 windows out his house.

#12 Edited by bforrester420 (1347 posts) -

Way to go, now half of Gamespot knows almost exactly where you live.

#13 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

And I care because?

#14 Edited by bforrester420 (1347 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@bforrester420 said:

And I care because?

It could turn out that someone you don't get along with around here finds they live near you. You could wake up one morning to find your tires slashed, your car keyed, or something similarly petty. The less personal information to publish on the internet, the better. Why invite the potential?

I found out that I live in the same town as WilliamRLBaker, but I'm also an adult that doesn't carry internet arguments to the real world, not that I've ever argued with him, but you get my point.

#15 Posted by Brain_Duster (389 posts) -

@Brain_Duster said:
@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@Brain_Duster said:

Post some pictures.

I will do you one better. http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2014/03/26/columbus-harris-avenue-explosions-house-fire.html Although in typical fasion, the news got it wrong. She says the fire started from the explosion, but what really happened was the explosion happened because of the fire. The heat from the fire caused the propane tank to explode.

Good thing someone noticed the fire before that though.

When you watch the video, the white house on the left of it is my girl's dad's house. My girl said it blew 5 windows out his house.

Wow. That is crazy.

#16 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@bforrester420 said:

And I care because?

It could turn out that someone you don't get along with around here finds they live near you. You could wake up one morning to find your tires slashed, your car keyed, or something similarly petty. The less personal information to publish on the internet, the better. Why invite the potential?

I found out that I live in the same town as WilliamRLBaker, but I'm also an adult that doesn't carry internet arguments to the real world, not that I've ever argued with him, but you get my point.

Yeah I am not worried about any of that.

#17 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9497 posts) -

does your blog know about this?

#18 Posted by lamprey263 (23130 posts) -

there was a kid in my grade who didn't like to much so late at night when everyone was asleep I'd drive up to his house, chain together a bunch of firecracker packs and tie M80s to the mix for some big booms, hahaha, he didn't like that too much, his parents didn't like it either and when they couldn't figure out who did it they'd chew him out good

#19 Posted by Korvus (3201 posts) -

1) So where's the topic for discussion?

2) "A huge explosion nearby just woke me up, well, let's go back to sleep and hope it's nothing serious"...kind of awesome, to be honest...