2016: Military Service Top Positive, Atheism Top Negative.

#1 Edited by Master_Live (15412 posts) -

For 2016 Hopefuls, Washington Experience Could Do More Harm than Good

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Come on guys, don't hate if you can't duplicate.

#2 Posted by airshocker (30726 posts) -

Interesting.

#3 Posted by deeliman (3382 posts) -

What's the washington experience?

#4 Posted by Wilfred_Owen (20912 posts) -

@deeliman said:

If your married its when your wife takes most of your money and spends it on something you don't want.

#5 Edited by Master_Live (15412 posts) -

@deeliman said:

Serving in Congress/White House staffer/cabinet ect.

#6 Edited by ad1x2 (5782 posts) -

I guess the aversion to electing an atheist to office has some basis on the very loud minority of them that openly mock and call for the end of organized religion. You don't have to be the majority to be heard, just the loudest.

Obviously some of them are also against it because they don't want someone who doesn't share their religion in office, although it makes me wonder if the survey excluded Muslim candidates because of fears it would rate even lower due to Islamophobia.

As for serving in the military being so high, I wouldn't put too much on that if I was trying to choose a candidate. Fact of the matter is simply saying they have military service can be vague. On one hand, you could be some retired general like Eisenhower who takes office after decades of service.

Or, you could be some guy who served for two years in your early 20s, got out as a private, and ran for office 30 years later not remembering a thing about the military. Besides, you will have the SECDEF and the generals/admirals under you for military advice.

Recently a war veteran who retired a senior Navy officer and was a POW lost to a Chicago lawyer who never served a day in the military, so military service can't be that important to most voters. Unless we're going to assume there were other reasons the 2008 election went the way it did...

#7 Edited by ad1x2 (5782 posts) -

Also, ironically more and more servicemembers identify as atheists, so I wonder if the two would cancel each other out.

#8 Edited by playmynutz (6274 posts) -

Don't hate if you can't duplicate XD that was dope

#9 Edited by Makhaidos (2162 posts) -

Hahaha, wow, people are more likely to vote for a Hispanic person than an atheist. Let's take into account the whole "from another country" thing. . .

#10 Posted by airshocker (30726 posts) -

@Makhaidos said:

Hahaha, wow, people are more likely to vote for a Hispanic person than an atheist. Let's take into account the whole "from another country" thing. . .

Erm, there are American hispanics, you know. Many of them, in fact.

#11 Posted by Makhaidos (2162 posts) -

@airshocker said:

@Makhaidos said:

Which the study doesn't point out, so either it's poorly worded or their meaning is everyone of Hispanic ethnicity.

#12 Posted by airshocker (30726 posts) -

@Makhaidos said:

@airshocker said:

@Makhaidos said:

Which the study doesn't point out, so either it's poorly worded or their meaning is everyone of Hispanic ethnicity.

Well it does say Presidential Traits at the top of the study, so I assume it's talking about about actual citizens. Since you have to be born in the US or one of it's legally recognized territories to run for President.

#13 Edited by themajormayor (24082 posts) -

@Makhaidos said:

@airshocker said:

@Makhaidos said:

Fail.

#14 Posted by wis3boi (31845 posts) -

2% in favor of extramarital affair? Hell yeah!

#15 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

U.S failed politics. dems & rebs needs be shut down