2014 OTcars Nominations Thread.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by Cougarhart61 (7098 posts) -

It's funny cause I don't ever post and neither do any of these people and they were all users like 7 years ago.

1-Friendliest user

The_Foreign_Guy

2-Rookie of the year

3-Most likely to be responded to with "WTF?"

Southy

4-User who should post more

FF7fan2

5-User who should take it easy/stay away from the "new topic" button

6-Most tolerable Mod

Omni-Slash

7-Best sig/avatar combo

Bobakuzero

8-Worst combo

9-Most politically absurd user

ElBanano216

10-Most outrageous LOLOMGFTW TC

Someotherguy654

11-Most under appreciated user

Canuck3000

12-Blowhardiest user

13-Hilarious one-liner of the year

14-Meme that should disappear forever

15-Best troll

16-Biggest ego

17-The "holy shit, you're a girl!" girl

Sunsha

18-Drama queen

19-Most "WTF?" post

20-The "let's not let this thread happen again" award

#52 Posted by airshocker (31316 posts) -

1-Friendliest user

indzman

2-Rookie of the year

3-Most likely to be responded to with "WTF?"

4-User who should post more

nocoolnamejim, MissLibrarian, Allicrombie

5-User who should take it easy/stay away from the "new topic" button

6-Most tolerable Mod

Allicrombie, Hallenbeck, Master_Live

7-Best sig/avatar combo

8-Worst combo

9-Most politically absurd user

osiris, grayfox, sniper

osiris, grayfox, sniper

12-Blowhardiest user

14-Meme that should disappear forever

15-Best troll

16-Biggest ego

18-Drama queen

19-Most "WTF?" post

20-The "let's not let this thread happen again" award

It's sad because OT has been pretty much dead and I can't think of anybody else for the other spots. Also, where are the nominations for most intelligent user, best debater, etc? Those were staples of previous OTcars.

#53 Edited by LJS9502_basic (153045 posts) -

@airshocker said:

It's sad because OT has been pretty much dead and I can't think of anybody else for the other spots. Also, where are the nominations for most intelligent user, best debater, etc? Those were staples of previous OTcars.

What do you expect when thegerg is in charge? OT is dead now.....the OTcars are dead now...and I don't know why anyone is trying to resuscitate them. Maybe wait a year and see if things change...but most of the nominees haven't been here this year. Aren't awards supposed to be current?

#54 Posted by dave123321 (34445 posts) -

participate and maybe things will go good

#55 Posted by GazaAli (24082 posts) -

@vl4d_l3nin said:

@harry_james_pot said:

- The thread name is weird, why not name it "OTCars Nominations" ?

How 'bout "OT dinosaurs bitch about the old days"?

shut up you lemming noob

#56 Edited by GazaAli (24082 posts) -

@airshocker said:

6-Most tolerable Mod
Master_Live

You've got to be kidding me.

Those nominations are gone because 1)Users with a shred of intelligence disappeared. 2)OT is no longer capable of hosting anything close to a debate to have a best debater award.

#57 Posted by airshocker (31316 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

@airshocker said:

6-Most tolerable Mod
Master_Live

Those nominations are gone because 1)Users with a shred of intelligence disappeared. 2)OT is no longer capable of hosting anything close to a debate to have a best debater award.

There are many people here who are intelligent. Just because they disagree with you doesn't make them unintelligent.

#58 Posted by GazaAli (24082 posts) -

@airshocker said:

@GazaAli said:

@airshocker said:

6-Most tolerable Mod
Master_Live

There are many people here who are intelligent. Just because they disagree with you doesn't make them unintelligent.

Name some you'd nominate that actually frequent OT.

#59 Posted by airshocker (31316 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

@airshocker said:

@GazaAli said:

@airshocker said:

6-Most tolerable Mod
Master_Live

coolbeans98 and Barbariser both come to mind. What crawled up your ass and died?

#60 Posted by dave123321 (34445 posts) -

I wonder I wonder what happened to sun_tzu

#61 Edited by GazaAli (24082 posts) -

@airshocker said:

@GazaAli said:

@airshocker said:

@GazaAli said:

@airshocker said:

6-Most tolerable Mod
Master_Live

coolbeans98 and Barbariser both come to mind. What crawled up your ass and died?

Why are you so hostile? I mean for example I do believe coolbeans98 is a smart fella and it did slip my mind. So I take your question and throw it back at you, what crawled up your ass and died?

#62 Posted by nomsayin (1346 posts) -

@dave123321 said:

I wonder I wonder what happened to sun_tzu

He PMed me and told me that he recently got married and OT wasn't for him anymore

#63 Posted by airshocker (31316 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

@airshocker said:

@GazaAli said:

@airshocker said:

@GazaAli said:

@airshocker said:

6-Most tolerable Mod
Master_Live

Why are you so hostile? I mean for example I do believe coolbeans98 is a smart fella and it did slip my mind. So I take your question and throw it back at you, what crawled up your ass and died?

I'm not hostile. I'm simply being direct. You, on the other hand, are acting weird. First, you insinuate that I'm stupid by saying "Users with a shred of intelligence disappeared". I'm not sure if you're still upset about what I called you in your piracy thread(I haven't changed my mind) or what but don't act like you have any foundation for being upset when you acted like a jackass in your first post to me.

#64 Edited by GazaAli (24082 posts) -

@airshocker said:

@GazaAli said:

@airshocker said:

@GazaAli said:

@airshocker said:

@GazaAli said:

@airshocker said:

6-Most tolerable Mod
Master_Live

I'm not hostile. I'm simply being direct. You, on the other hand, are acting weird. First, you insinuate that I'm stupid by saying "Users with a shred of intelligence disappeared". I'm not sure if you're still upset about what I called you in your piracy thread(I haven't changed my mind) or what but don't act like you have any foundation for being upset when you acted like a jackass in your first post to me.

Wow and you actually believe you're not being hostile. Before you start raging at me, you're of course free to believe me or not, but I can assure you that it was not my intention to insinuate anything, I'm serious. I was voicing a rant in light of your original rant that's all. How did you come to the conclusion that I'm trying to call you stupid? It'd have been much easier if I just said it out loud. And why bring that piracy topic back? You made your point there very clearly you don't need to rub it in my face any more.

#65 Posted by deeliman (3545 posts) -

I nominate mrduckbears3 for "User who should take it easy/stay away from the "new topic" button"

#66 Edited by BranKetra (50234 posts) -

I voted for a few.

@thegerg said:

Here t is y'all. Let's get some nominations for each category. Each user that wants to vote, please provide no more than 3 nominations per category. Let's let this go for about a week, or until new votes start to dwindle. If anyone wants to submit a new category please just let me know and it will be considered.

1-Friendliest user: Pierst179, Pianist, solidruss

2-Rookie of the year

3-Most likely to be responded to with "WTF?": Thegerg

4-User who should post more: Certain moderators

5-User who should take it easy/stay away from the "new topic" button: BluRayHighDef

6-Most tolerable Mod:

7-Best sig/avatar combo:

8-Worst combo:

9-Most politically absurd user:

12-Blowhardiest user:fightingfan

14-Meme that should disappear forever:Trollface

15-Best troll: Best?

16-Biggest ego: fightingfan

18-Drama queen

19-Most "WTF?" post

20-The "let's not let this thread happen again" award: Any flame war

#67 Posted by airshocker (31316 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

@airshocker said:

@GazaAli said:

@airshocker said:

@GazaAli said:

@airshocker said:

@GazaAli said:

@airshocker said:

6-Most tolerable Mod
Master_Live

Wow and you actually believe you're not being hostile. Before you start raging at me, you're of course free to believe me or not, but I can assure you that it was not my intention to insinuate anything, I'm serious. I was voicing a rant in light of your original rant that's all. How did you come to the conclusion that I'm trying to call you stupid? It'd have been much easier if I just said it out loud. And why bring that piracy topic back? You made your point there very clearly you don't need to rub it in my face any more.

Okay, I'll take you at your word. It just seemed like that was your intent.

#68 Posted by Judas_ (319 posts) -

I was going to participate, But I can't remember anything from the first half of 2013..................................

#69 Posted by Iszdope (11771 posts) -

LJ for Queen (again).

That is all.

#70 Posted by WolfgarTheQuiet (478 posts) -

Edward Snowden and Alex Jones and Julian Asange for bringing the Truth

#71 Posted by comp_atkins (32179 posts) -

will any user even end up getting 3 noms to officially be on the ballot?

#72 Edited by xdude85 (4655 posts) -

OT is too dead for any awards to be given out.

#73 Edited by 4myAmuzumament (1791 posts) -
@thegerg said:

Here t is y'all. Let's get some nominations for each category. Each user that wants to vote, please provide no more than 3 nominations per category. Let's let this go for about a week, or until new votes start to dwindle. If anyone wants to submit a new category please just let me know and it will be considered.

1-Friendliest user - that @konvikt_17 fella, he's never mean to anyone, @coolbeans90, @dave123321

2-Rookie of the year

3-Most likely to be responded to with "WTF?" - killyou, and i mean it in a good way,

4-User who should post more - @UltraZero; he obviously misses this place, @pirate007; don't remember seeing him around recently,

5-User who should take it easy/stay away from the "new topic" button - @BluRayHiDef; his topics expect too much of OT, @mrduckbears3,

6-Most tolerable Mod - @hallenbeck77is the only one i can think of off the top of my head and he's a cool guy, @Master_Live didn't even noticed your (new?) mod status, same with @BranKetra didn't know you were a mod either.

7-Best sig/avatar combo - GS mobile makes this hard

8-Worst combo - @GazaAli and @themajormayor

9-Most politically absurd user - @Laihendi, why isn't he active anymore?, @airshocker

10-Most outrageous LOLOMGFTW TC - @BluRayHiDef, @mrduckbears3, AK

11-Most under appreciated user - AK; always.

12-Blowhardiest user -

13-Hilarious one-liner of the year - @Makhaidos - "Which one? There were several. My personal favorite was this one:..."

14-Meme that should disappear forever - the gorilla one with the jimmies

15-Best troll -

16-Biggest ego - @airshocker, @themajormayor, @LJS9502_basic

18-Drama queen - @LJS9502_basic, all those ....'s just make me think you wanna start trouble, @themajormayor, @GazaAli

19-Most "WTF?" post -

20-The "let's not let this thread happen again" award - any topics about rape

this is really hard because hardly anyone is here. and the categories suck major balls. LJS is right.

#74 Posted by Laihendi (5834 posts) -

Just a reminder, but I was pretty active during the first 6 months or so of 2013 so I am perfectly eligible for awards.

#75 Edited by dave123321 (34445 posts) -

Oh that reminds me that I have decided to largely decrease my time here

#76 Posted by dave123321 (34445 posts) -

lai will serve as my placeholder in any future capacity as OT games keeper.

Which includes a planned game of Mafia in the coming week

#77 Posted by Laihendi (5834 posts) -

Dislike first post, like the second one.

I will assume the role of OT games keeper carries over to TDH as well. If anyone is unfamiliar with what TDH is then here is a link to you know what I am talking about because I want you to understand what is being discussed here http://s4.zetaboards.com/The_Daily_Happening/index/

Also I believe that during the awards ceremony for this year's OTcars I should be recognized for my accomplishments as host of last year's OTcars which was one of the most successful OTcars of all time.

#78 Edited by coolbeans90 (21305 posts) -

thegerg really took a proverbial sledgehammer to the event

makes laihendi seem quite competent

#79 Posted by Master_Live (15890 posts) -

@Judas_ said:

I was going to participate, But I can't remember anything from the first half of 2013..................................

Meh, just nominated those you can remember.

#80 Edited by 4myAmuzumament (1791 posts) -

would it be a good idea to force newish users into our nominations? like, vote for two people you know, then between now and closing, pay a little more attention to newish users and try to vote them in.

adding the "@newishuser" would help in bringing in traffic.

idk, but this place shouldn't die.

#82 Edited by Laihendi (5834 posts) -

It is my opinion that in this time of emergency, full hosting responsibilities and the corresponding authority should be immediately transferred to someone with experience and a record of success to ensure that the 2014 OTcars gets on track and lives up to its predecessors. As host of the acclaimed 2013 OTcars I am prepared and willing to accept this burden.

#83 Edited by 4myAmuzumament (1791 posts) -

Lai for host, please.

#84 Posted by Master_Live (15890 posts) -

As you know, OT has been bleeding users, specially since the "changes". But I have seen an uptake in traffic in the last few weeks. OT is making a comeback an the OTcars are going to mark the beginning.

#85 Posted by Master_Live (15890 posts) -

108 sunrises ago and seven hours ago the Gamespot's tech guys brought forth on this website, a new interface, conceived in Crapiness (mostly on the beginning but still too much), and dedicated to the proposition that all users should suffer equally.

It was hard on many of us, but there are still people who can't handle the truth! And while the new interface might seem grotesque and incomprehensible to you, in the long term it will save Gamespot's life. So yes, GAMESPOT ORDERED THE CODE RED!!!

---------------------------------------------------

The Almighty says that this must be a fashionable Forum. It has drawn the finest users (and not).

Sons of OT, I am Master_Lives. *ultimate-k shouts: you aren't Master_Lives, Master_Lives has a 1,000,000 posts!*

Yes I've heard. He makes anti Obamacare threads by the hundreds and if he were here he'd consume the GS tech guys with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lighting from his arse.

I AM Master_Lives! And I see a whole army of my fellow GS OT forumites still here. Here in defiance of crappiness. You have continued to post as OT forumites, and OT forumites you are. WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT GAMESPOT!? Will you continue to post? *NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*

Aye, stay and post and the OT could still die. Go to other video game forum and you will continue to post with better features...at least a while. And dying in your beds or when net neutrality goes kaput, many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance...just one chance to tell GS tech guys that they may take our

1. Unions and User Created Boards,
  2. video downloads,
  3. Certain advanced forum settings, such as the ability to set forum topic sort order, posts per page, and custom username colors
  4. Member Levels, Points, and Emblems
  5. the comfortability and familiarity we had with the old forum.

BUT THEY WILL NEVER TAKE OUR OT FORUM!!!!!

ALBA GAMESPA!!!

---------------------------------------------------

Look not many people were angrier than me when the changes came. Remember this thread? But little by.................little, and I mean little, things has been getting somewhat better. We have to move forward and keep grinding it, once a great attorney said: "The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming". I just ask you to bare a little longer, because I know Gamespot, but OT specially, will rise again. So let's try to make 2014 the year of the OT comeback and if we fail then at least we know we gave it our all. And that is that.

#86 Edited by Master_Live (15890 posts) -

I went back reading as far as October 9, 2013. The day of the schism. I think we should mark that date as Pre-Schism and Post-Schism. To me this are the Post-Schism OTscars and so it should be reflected that way on the nominees. *Nominees are listed alphabetically so no favoritism could be implied.

1-Friendliest user:

• dave123321 (Dave posting has always felt to me like a Seinfeld character, silly, aloof and innocuous. He is Gamespot's Kramer.)
  • indzman

2-Rookie of the year: (Both actually joined on 2013)

• deeliman
  • Makhaidos

3-Most likely to be responded to with "WTF?":

• 4myAmuzumament
  • BluRayHiDef
  • hoodedjustice3
  • playmynutz
  • ultimate-k

4-User who should post more:

• Airshocker
  • Jacobistheman
  • JML897
  • MrGeezer
  • Pirate700

5-User who should take it easy/stay away from the "new topic" button:

6-Most tolerable Mod:

• Hallenbeck77

7-Best sig/avatar combo:

• AmazonTreeBoa: With a creepy eye as his avatar which seems to be keeping an eye (get it?) on the hill, precious Selena keeps an eye on you. Illuminati much?
  • Byshop; [This is a special recognition, like people who wanted Scarlett Johansson nominated this year for an Oscar for her role as the voice of the OS in the movie Her but couldn't since the Academy requires the actors to appear fiscally], (Anyways, I like how Byshop always ends his post with "-Byshop", it makes me laugh).
  • ferrari2001: (With a matching red that pops at you, he even has eponymous Ferrari as a banner cover on his profile page).
  • Pirate700: (Colorful and funny even if I have no idea to which cartoon, if any, it refers too).
  • PrincessGomez92: (Always dynamic and fresh, you can always on her sig to good you some I candy. More Taylor Swift please).

8-Worst combo:

9-Most politically absurd user:

• Laihendi
  • Stesalius
  • ultimate-k

10-Most outrageous LOLOMGFTW TC:

• 4myAmuzumament
  • hoodedjustice3
  • ultimate-k,

11-Most under appreciated user:

• indzman

12-Blowhardiest user:

• GalvatronType_R
  • GazaAli
  • Nibroc420
  • thegerg

13-Hilarious one-liner of the year:

• hoodedjustice3: [Talking about whether or not rocks are the building blocks of life] "Yet, everywhere we go, we find them.".

14-Meme that should disappear forever:

15-Best troll:

• Nibroc420
  • Sniper4321

16-Biggest ego:

• GalvatronType_R

17-The "holy shit, you're a girl!" girl:

18-Drama queen:

• LJS9502_basic

19-Most "WTF?" post:

• hoodedjustice3: [Talking about whether or not rocks are the building blocks of life] "Yet, everywhere we go, we find them.".
  • ultimate-k: [For his ground breaking post about lizards and/or reptilians and becoming the go to guy in OT for lizard and/or reptilians expertise]. "You know this world is insane, these reptilians placed themselves as world leaders/bankers ect creating wars, stress and fear!".

20-The "let's not let this thread happen again" award:

#87 Edited by Laihendi (5834 posts) -

@4myAmuzumament said:

Lai for host, please.

I thank you for your support and assure you that I will not let you down if given this opportunity.

#88 Posted by Judas_ (319 posts) -

I nominate Dave for every category.......................................

#89 Posted by Judas_ (319 posts) -

And Lai should totally host............He's the savior OT desperately needs...........................

#90 Posted by jimkabrhel (15440 posts) -

Is it me or is Master Live taking over and becoming a pseudo-dictator like the POTUS?

#91 Posted by Laihendi (5834 posts) -

One should not lightly compare people to Obama.

#92 Posted by jimkabrhel (15440 posts) -

@Laihendi said:

One should not lightly compare people to Obama.

Unless it's done with SARCASM.

#93 Edited by Master_Live (15890 posts) -

@jimkabrhel said:

Is it me or is Master Live taking over and becoming a pseudo-dictator like the POTUS?

Of course, look at my pen.

#94 Posted by jimkabrhel (15440 posts) -

@Master_Live said:

@jimkabrhel said:

Did the POTUS kill your puppy or something? Unhealthy negative obsession developing there. Following in Laihenidi's footsteps.

#95 Edited by Master_Live (15890 posts) -

@jimkabrhel said:

@Master_Live said:

@jimkabrhel said:

Did the POTUS kill your puppy or something? Unhealthy negative obsession developing there. Following in Laihenidi's footsteps.

That is actually a photo the WH tweeted. Man, the president sure gets crappy pens to do his drafts.

#96 Edited by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

I feel the love in this thread. lol Seriously though, I'd post here a lot more if the site worked properly and didn't take an eternity to load. It's become a chore, IMO, to post here.

#97 Posted by dave123321 (34445 posts) -

I wish very much that they gave the people using tablets an editor or made tags work. Very very very much som

#98 Edited by Laihendi (5834 posts) -

@Pirate700 said:

I feel the love in this thread. lol Seriously though, I'd post here a lot more if the site worked properly and didn't take an eternity to load. It's become a chore, IMO, to post here.

I agree.

Fortunately TDH provides a fast-loading forum experience with many of our distinguished Gamespot OT personalities, including myself, Dave, Jimkab, and such old favourites as D3nnycrane, Rawsavon, and xaos.

We also have Jim the mod.

#99 Posted by LJS9502_basic (153045 posts) -

From what I see dave, Air, and Worlock are the only regulars for the last year. So yeah those guys.

#100 Edited by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

This thread sucks.