Marcelo was framed I tell you! Framed! XD

We feel you bro, we would do the same lol

#102 Posted by Jeager_Titan (945 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Marcelo was framed I tell you! Framed! XD

We feel you bro, we would do the same lol

Marcelo derpface. lol

#103 Posted by ChuRsiBilLa (96 posts) -

i'll be rooting for those Pakistani Footballs that are being used there for the matches i hope they make it back to their homeland safely *prays to GOD*

#104 Posted by deeliman (2391 posts) -

If we win against spain I have hope that we can finally win this year.

#105 Edited by sonicare (53451 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

@Brutal_Elitegs: Agreed. Still, I like them more than Spain. Boring as fuck to watch.

@grahamruthven: .@ESPN_JorgeRamos reporting USA has been told by World Cup Organising Committee to be ready should Qatar be stripped of 2022 tournament

Looks like the Americans might get the 2022 WC. Will definitely be going.

I was just watching this episode of Real Sports where they talked about how wasteful hosting these events are. Either FIFA WC or OLympics. Apparently, Brazil spent billions and the people there are getting pissed because other social programs go unfunded. Hopefully, if USA gets it, they use more private money. Maybe the Koch brothers can subsidize it.

#106 Posted by WolfgarTheQuiet (271 posts) -

Well Serbia fucked it, so go Aussies

#107 Posted by Aljosa23 (24754 posts) -

@sonicare said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@Brutal_Elitegs: Agreed. Still, I like them more than Spain. Boring as fuck to watch.

@grahamruthven: .@ESPN_JorgeRamos reporting USA has been told by World Cup Organising Committee to be ready should Qatar be stripped of 2022 tournament

Looks like the Americans might get the 2022 WC. Will definitely be going.

I was just watching this episode of Real Sports where they talked about how wasteful hosting these events are. Either FIFA WC or OLympics. Apparently, Brazil spent billions and the people there are getting pissed because other social programs go unfunded. Hopefully, if USA gets it, they use more private money. Maybe the Koch brothers can subsidize it.

The US wouldn't need to do anything; all the infrastructure is already in place. It would be the most cost effective WC possible.

#108 Posted by Master_Live (14195 posts) -

You gotta love the way ESPN just glossed over the fact that part of the Mexico/Cameroon stadium might collapse.

#109 Edited by PcGamingRig (7074 posts) -

Just hope this Mexico/Cameroon game will be a goal fest. :)

#110 Posted by Desmonic (13445 posts) -

Just hope this Mexico/Cameroon game will be a goal fest. :)

Just hoping for a decent ref to be honest lol

#111 Posted by PcGamingRig (7074 posts) -
#112 Edited by marcheegsr (2522 posts) -

Lets go Italia. Forza Azzuri!

#113 Posted by Desmonic (13445 posts) -

You gotta love the way ESPN just glossed over the fact that part of the Mexico/Cameroon stadium might collapse.

Wait, wut? For real? O.o? I know like half of them are yet to be fully completed, but is there really any remote chance it could collapse?

#114 Edited by PcGamingRig (7074 posts) -

Lol, not a good start.

Goal should of stood, onside.

#115 Edited by Desmonic (13445 posts) -

10 minutes in and they already fucked it up lulz.

#116 Edited by Master_Live (14195 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@Master_Live said:

Wait, wut? For real? O.o? I know like half of them are yet to be fully completed, but is there really any remote chance it could collapse?

Safety Concerns at Brazil Stadium Before Cup Match

From the article:

Firefighters in the World Cup city of Natal said they were concerned about some safety problems in the stadium set to host a match on Friday even as a bus strike in the city forced officials to scramble to find alternative transportation for some fans.

Lt. Christiano Couceiro told the UOL news portal that a Thursday inspection of the Arena das Dunas found some problems, including some missing guardrails to keep fans from falling and temporary seating that wasn't bolted to the structure.

He also said that an area with 11,000 temporary seats had not yet been inspected by his department. Mexico was scheduled to take on Cameroon at 1 p.m. local time (noon EDT; 1600 GMT) in the stadium.

Inspectors returned to the stadium early Friday, but Couceiro said FIFA officials barred them from entering the stadium.

The fire official said he reported his findings to the Rio Grande do Norte state security secretariat and told them that "any incident that occurs in the stadium will be the responsibility of the organizers."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#118 Posted by Desmonic (13445 posts) -

Safety Concerns at Brazil Stadium Before Cup Match

From the article:

Firefighters in the World Cup city of Natal said they were concerned about some safety problems in the stadium set to host a match on Friday even as a bus strike in the city forced officials to scramble to find alternative transportation for some fans.

Lt. Christiano Couceiro told the UOL news portal that a Thursday inspection of the Arena das Dunas found some problems, including some missing guardrails to keep fans from falling and temporary seating that wasn't bolted to the structure.

He also said that an area with 11,000 temporary seats had not yet been inspected by his department. Mexico was scheduled to take on Cameroon at 1 p.m. local time (noon EDT; 1600 GMT) in the stadium.

Inspectors returned to the stadium early Friday, but Couceiro said FIFA officials barred them from entering the stadium.

The fire official said he reported his findings to the Rio Grande do Norte state security secretariat and told them that "any incident that occurs in the stadium will be the responsibility of the organizers."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow... What the heck were you doing Brazil? :S

Also, lol 2nd badly disallowed goal for Mexico. Dem refs lol

#119 Posted by Master_Live (14195 posts) -

Refs have been doing a great job so far this World Cup.

#120 Edited by PcGamingRig (7074 posts) -

Another disallowed goal. That one was offside though, IMO.

Even though the Cameroon player touched it last I think the rule is it has to be a deliberate act from the Cameroon player for it to count as onside. He was just trying to head it away and didn't get enough on it.

I maybe wrong.

#121 Posted by Desmonic (13445 posts) -

Another disallowed goal. That one was offside though, IMO.

Even though the Cameroon player touched it last I think the rule is it has to be a deliberate act from the Cameroon player for it to count as onside. He was just trying to head it away and didn't get enough on it.

Actually, neitheir situation is an offside.

Assuming the Cameroon defender did not touch it, the Mexico forward would have to be past the goal line for it to be offside, as the ball comes from a corner (plus Etoo? was putting everyone onside by being in the 1st post regardless).

Assuming the Cameroon defender touches it, since it comes from a defender, there is no offside.

So yeah, the ref failed badly (in both) lol

#122 Posted by PcGamingRig (7074 posts) -

@Desmonic: ah yeah, forgot it was a corner so the touch from a Mexico player was the only thing that could of affected it.

#123 Posted by Desmonic (13445 posts) -

Finally, the ref got one right XD

#124 Posted by Aljosa23 (24754 posts) -

LOL the Mexicans getting screwed by the ref. That Cameroonian should have got at least a yellow for that slap to the face.

#125 Edited by Master_Live (14195 posts) -

I watch play on Univision but I choose not to trust Univision half time analysis of a Mexico game. Soooooooo, ESPN guys tell me that the game should be 2-0 or at the very least 1-0 Mexico.

#126 Posted by Desmonic (13445 posts) -

I watch play on Univision but I choose not to trust Univision half time analysis of a Mexico game. Soooooooo, ESPN guys tell me that the game should be 2-0 or at the very least 1-0 Mexico.

Pretty much spot on. Neither decision was correct. Mexico should be winning.

Either way it's being a pretty entertaining game! Shame about that excessive rain though.

#127 Posted by PcGamingRig (7074 posts) -

gooooal 1-0! (3-0)

#128 Posted by Master_Live (14195 posts) -

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!

Long live Univision!

#129 Edited by Desmonic (13445 posts) -

Finally, some justice! :D

Mexico's coach going Super Saiyan again lol

#130 Edited by Master_Live (14195 posts) -

Sometimes you gotta put the toothbrush away.

#131 Edited by Desmonic (13445 posts) -

And in case someone had any doubts...

lol

#132 Edited by Aljosa23 (24754 posts) -

Good performance by the Mexicans.

Shame that Dos Santos doesn't play like this for his club.

#134 Posted by elkoldo (1011 posts) -

Something tells me Holland is gonna cap Spain's ass tonight.Man ,Spain is just a pile of wreck this time around.

#135 Posted by Master_Live (14195 posts) -

I guess there must be no new World Cup theme since I haven't hear it anywhere like last time. Or it must suck. Hit it Shakira!

#136 Edited by Desmonic (13445 posts) -

@elkoldo said:

Something tells me Holland is gonna cap Spain's ass tonight.Man ,Spain is just a pile of wreck this time around.

lolno

1-0, Spain leading already :P Blame Robben for missing an easy shot very early on.

#137 Posted by Desmonic (13445 posts) -
#138 Edited by Master_Live (14195 posts) -

I guess the Dutch shouldn't pass the ball to #4, he seems like he doesn't want to play, just keeps passing the ball back.

#139 Edited by Desmonic (13445 posts) -

These last 2 replays kinda make it seem like another mistake (as it seems Costa is the one who steps on the defender, not the other way aroud) however this one is much tougher to call than yesterday's penalty. And Costa does make it seem like a proper foul in running play vs Fred floppity flop.

#140 Edited by Desmonic (13445 posts) -

Holland tie it! :O Oh my lord! Right after Spain failed a clear 2-0 chance! We now have a proper match! :D

#141 Posted by Master_Live (14195 posts) -

What a beautiful header.

#142 Posted by comp_atkins (31273 posts) -

wow.

#143 Posted by Desmonic (13445 posts) -

Great first half! :D

#144 Edited by elkoldo (1011 posts) -
@Desmonic said:
@elkoldo said:

lolno

1-0, Spain leading already :P Blame Robben for missing an easy shot very early on.

Hey who's loling now ?! :P

Seriously, van Persie's header was worth a million penalties.

I repeat, not to sound like a sadist, but Holland is gonna cap Spain's ass :P

#145 Edited by Desmonic (13445 posts) -

@elkoldo: Aye, it was a bit too premature :P I'd love to se Holland win (mostly so we have some "chaos" on the expected "order") but they're gonna have to do a brilliant 2nd half. A tie wouldn't be too bad either.

#146 Posted by johnd13 (7994 posts) -

Van Persie is an amazing player. Excellent header. Go Netherlands!

#147 Posted by roulettethedog (10953 posts) -

I will root for my home country U.S.A. and, when they fail, Germany.

#148 Posted by Desmonic (13445 posts) -

lol @ the benches being useless against the rain XD

#149 Edited by Master_Live (14195 posts) -

3 games, at least three bad, score altering calls by the refs. Lets play a game, you have to identify each horrible call by the refs on World Cup game.

#150 Edited by Desmonic (13445 posts) -

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLL!! ROOOBBBEEENNN!!! :O