2013 OTcars discussion thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#401 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

[QUOTE="Toph_Girl250"]Yeah, maybe its better off not stickied, like this thread.johnd13

I have a knack for completely not noticing stikies. I just zoom right past them and get to the other threads.

They should have kept it unstickied and just bump it whenever it got off the first page.

Anyway are you going to vote sune_Gem?

I didn't think it was possible to vote for yourself. I'm more than happy to see some people voted for me in some categories though. :oops:

#402 Posted by johnd13 (8208 posts) -

[QUOTE="johnd13"]

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

I have a knack for completely not noticing stikies. I just zoom right past them and get to the other threads.

sune_Gem

They should have kept it unstickied and just bump it whenever it got off the first page.

I didn't think it was possible to vote for yourself. I'm more than happy to see some people voted for me in some categories though. :oops:

I meant vote for others lol.

#403 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Well OTcars is dead. Might as well tally it up now.

#404 Posted by johnd13 (8208 posts) -

Pirate700

Can' t the mods unsticky it? Some people could be assigned the task to bump the thread to keep it in the first page. It' s do-able!

#405 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

johnd13

Can' t the mods unsticky it? Some people could be assigned the task to bump the thread to keep it in the first page. It' s do-able!

Definitely worth a try.

#406 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
Can' t the mods unsticky it? Some people could be assigned the task to bump the thread to keep it in the first page. It' s do-able!johnd13
why do you care so much about this competition when you were barely a part of the year it is celebrating
#407 Posted by johnd13 (8208 posts) -

[QUOTE="johnd13"]Can' t the mods unsticky it? Some people could be assigned the task to bump the thread to keep it in the first page. It' s do-able!cheese_game619
why do you care so much about this competition when you were barely a part of the year it is celebrating

Because it makes the board active and thus more fun.

And what do you mean I was barely a part?

#408 Posted by nocoolnamejim (15136 posts) -
[QUOTE="johnd13"]Too bad the OTcar thread is dead. It was so fun and active the first hours of its creation.-Toshy-
It's always like that. People rush in the moment it's made and then afterwards the posts come in sparsely. You have to keep the thread stickied for that very reason.

This plus that stickied thread doesn't allow for discussion like this one. It's just for noms so it won't get nearly as many posts.
#409 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
[QUOTE="johnd13"]Because it makes the board active and thus more fun. And what do you mean I was barely a part?

no it doesnt because you're not interesting
#410 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

It's truly amazing the amount of people that don't even give the stickies a passing glance. 69 responses? Seriously? Come on.

#411 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
maybe only that many people care about a forum awards
#412 Posted by johnd13 (8208 posts) -

you're not interestingcheese_game619

I' m more of a low-profile person that' s why.

#413 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

maybe only that many people care about a forum awardscheese_game619
Doubtful.

#414 Posted by nocoolnamejim (15136 posts) -
Meh. I'll unsticky it if that's what's needed in a day or two. Let's give it a little more time first though.
#415 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Meh. I'll unsticky it if that's what's needed in a day or two. Let's give it a little more time first though.nocoolnamejim
What do you expect to happen? It's gotten like 2 posts the last 2 days. Nobody sees it.

#416 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
I' m more of a low-profile person that' s why i'm barely a part of the year being celebratedjohnd13
so we have answered your question
Doubtful.Pirate700
this place was more active this time last year and i dont think this bulls*** got much more attention then
#417 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

this place was more active this time last year and i dont think this bulls*** got much more attention thencheese_game619
You're right, it was the same last year. People were posting in it like mad until it got stickied. Then it died instantly.

#418 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47675 posts) -

It's truly amazing the amount of people that don't even give the stickies a passing glance. 69 responses? Seriously? Come on.

Pirate700
I'm sure there's other reasons, maybe some people just don't have enough motivation and/or have the time to type up that huge nomination list and nominate all these users for all these different categories.
#419 Posted by johnd13 (8208 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Toph_Girl250

I'm sure there's other reasons, maybe some people just don't have enough motivation and/or have the time to type up that huge nomination list and nominate all these users for all these different categories.

You don' t have to type them again. Just quote them.

#420 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47675 posts) -

[QUOTE="Toph_Girl250"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]

johnd13

You don' t have to type them again. Just quote them.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. In that case, it does look pretty strange its been this long that there's been no new nominations... with the exception of a recent new post in there by harry james pot.
#421 Posted by Nude_Dude (5371 posts) -
Didn't KMX win last year's most hoopla event? :?
#422 Posted by nocoolnamejim (15136 posts) -
Didn't KMX win last year's most hoopla event? :?Nude_Dude
I think we should just do what we did to the Most Intelligent User award when Pianist was winning it every year. Rename the award after KMX and make him no longer eligible to win it going forward.
#423 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
why would he be eligible any year other than the year it happened though
#424 Posted by BatCrazedJoker (1978 posts) -
I hope that I can win a OTcar.
#425 Posted by GazaAli (22962 posts) -
why would he be eligible any year other than the year it happened thoughcheese_game619
Unfortunately we can't seem to find anything that actually caused "hoopla" in OT last year.
#426 Posted by nocoolnamejim (15136 posts) -
[QUOTE="cheese_game619"]why would he be eligible any year other than the year it happened thoughGazaAli
Unfortunately we can't seem to find anything that actually caused "hoopla" in OT last year.

I think I'll nominate Kraychik.
#427 Posted by GazaAli (22962 posts) -
[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="cheese_game619"]why would he be eligible any year other than the year it happened thoughnocoolnamejim

I think I'll nominate Kraychik.

So we went from KMXgate to Kraychik? This is a sad day for OT ;[
#428 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Toph_Girl250

It took me all of about 2 minutes.

#429 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
[QUOTE="cheese_game619"]why would he be eligible any year other than the year it happened thoughGazaAli

what about that guy that posted those pictures of someone and made a big deal out of 'hacking' him i thought that was pretty funny
#430 Posted by GazaAli (22962 posts) -
[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="cheese_game619"]why would he be eligible any year other than the year it happened thoughcheese_game619

what about that guy that posted those pictures of someone and made a big deal out of 'hacking' him i thought that was pretty funny

Names man I need names.
#431 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

TDH caused a big one last night when they invaded the forums. Too bad we can't nominate them.

#432 Posted by GazaAli (22962 posts) -

[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="cheese_game619"]why would he be eligible any year other than the year it happened thoughPirate700

TDH caused a big one last night when they invaded the forums. Too bad we can't nominate them.

oh these guys what did they do this time :p
#433 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
Names man I need names.GazaAli
i think the photos were of coolbeans and the guy got banned and kept coming back i dont know i didnt really read the thread i just saw it and had a laugh
TDH caused a big one last night when they invaded the forums. Too bad we can't nominate them.Pirate700
how and why not
#434 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"] Unfortunately we can't seem to find anything that actually caused "hoopla" in OT last year.GazaAli

The completely took over OT posting absurd sexual stuff, shlt talking members, etc. No idea where the mods were because it got out of control.

#435 Posted by comp_atkins (31473 posts) -

[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]TDH caused a big one last night when they invaded the forums. Too bad we can't nominate them.

Pirate700

The completely took over OT posting absurd sexual stuff. No idea where the mods were because it got out of control.

part of it?
#436 Posted by GazaAli (22962 posts) -

[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]TDH caused a big one last night when they invaded the forums. Too bad we can't nominate them.

Pirate700

The completely took over OT posting absurd sexual stuff, shlt talking members, etc. No idea where the mods were because it got out of control.

daym was not around to watch...
#437 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"] oh these guys what did they do this time :pGazaAli

You didn't miss much as the forum was dead last night so nobody took the bait. They were spamming the hell out of OT though.

#438 Posted by GazaAli (22962 posts) -

[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]The completely took over OT posting absurd sexual stuff, shlt talking members, etc. No idea where the mods were because it got out of control.

Pirate700

You didn't miss much as the forum was dead last night so nobody took the bait. They were spamming the hell out of OT though.

That would have been kind of amusing to watch to be honest :p
#439 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"] daym was not around to watch...GazaAli

It was more pathetic than amusing. They took the time to spam OT and nobody played along. Still don't know where the mods were though.

#440 Posted by Travo_basic (38751 posts) -

[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]You didn't miss much as the forum was dead last night so nobody took the bait. They were spamming the hell out of OT though.

Pirate700

It was more pathetic than amusing. They took the time to spam OT and nobody played along. Still don't know where the mods were though.

Playing Assassin's Creed 3, probably.
#441 Posted by Allicrombie (25226 posts) -

[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]You didn't miss much as the forum was dead last night so nobody took the bait. They were spamming the hell out of OT though.

Pirate700

I was watching the DS9 stream >.>
#443 Posted by dave123321 (34130 posts) -
Tdh has been pretty much an overblown boogeyman
#444 Posted by Victorious_Fize (6118 posts) -

dips on the most dearly missed award!

#445 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

[QUOTE="johnd13"]

johnd13

I meant vote for others lol.

I don't know too many, and I fear I'd forget someone.

#446 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"] That would have been kind of amusing to watch to be honest :pTravo_basic

Playing Assassin's Creed 3, probably.

I knew it.

#447 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"] That would have been kind of amusing to watch to be honest :pAllicrombie

I was watching the DS9 stream >.>

You could have at least been watching TNG, Alli. :P

#448 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
Y are all these people who I don't converse with voting for me : /
#449 Posted by sexyweapons (5302 posts) -

Y are all these people who I don't converse with voting for me : / Fightingfan

Your horniness knows no bounds!

#450 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]Y are all these people who I don't converse with voting for me : / sexyweapons

Your horniness knows no bounds!

It's pretty legendary.