2013 OTcars discussion thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#351 Posted by Laihendi (5800 posts) -
There Re too many categories. We should trim the nominations a bit.Travo_basic
If certain categories aren't really used then they can be cut out for the voting round.
#352 Posted by brucewayne69 (2859 posts) -
[QUOTE="brucewayne69"]I can be as gay and european (like they aren't the same thing, yeah right) as you want me to be if I can get some nomsBossPerson
i think im going to nominate you as most try-hard poster another thing, didnt the kmx incident happen before the last Otcars? If so, it shouldnt be allowed as an option during this one.

I would be honored, boss
#353 Posted by sonicare (53448 posts) -

[QUOTE="sonicare"][QUOTE="Teenaged"]

Oh hi.

I'm european. I am smart. I'm gay and VERY handsome! Look at my avatar. Look at my sig. I havent been around lately.

These are just a few hints to help you put a name in some of the nominations. :cool:

You're welcome.

Teenaged

You've been replaced by Toast Burner in the gay european category. Sorry.

But I am VERY handsome!

:(

But you've been replaced with youth. lol. :P
#354 Posted by brucewayne69 (2859 posts) -
Thanks for the nomination, Kong. But I think I have a real potential for a nOTcar this year.
#355 Posted by johnd13 (7917 posts) -

I don' t see much activity in the stickied nomination thread. I hope people' s interest will rekindle soon.

#356 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

I don' t see much activity in the stickied nomination thread. I hope people' s interest will rekindle soon.

johnd13

This happens every year. Once it's stickied, it slows to a crawl. Almost nobody actually looks at the stickied section.

#357 Posted by johnd13 (7917 posts) -

[QUOTE="johnd13"]

Pirate700

This happens every year. Once it's stickied, it slows to a crawl. Almost nobody actually looks at the stickied section.

Then why sticky it? Someone could just bump every now and then in order to keep it in the first page.

#358 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="johnd13"]

johnd13

Then why sticky it? Someone could just bump eveynow and then in order to keep it in the first page.

Because it eventually would stop being bumped. It would probably be on the 5th page right now.

#359 Posted by indzman (16942 posts) -

What you think about johnd13 guys?

a new awesome member imo :)

#360 Posted by Abbeten (2803 posts) -
you guys need something better to do than circlejerk on a sh1tty games forumcheese_game619
is there anything else to do on a video games forum other than circlejerk?
#361 Posted by johnd13 (7917 posts) -

indzman

Why thank you man. Hmm... did I put you in my votes? Let' s see ;)

#362 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

BTW, thanks for all the folks who have voted me for American poster. :)

#363 Posted by johnd13 (7917 posts) -

Pirate700

I' ve voted you for the Vet Award.

#364 Posted by indzman (16942 posts) -

[QUOTE="indzman"]

johnd13

You really don'tve to. and thanks for the GOAL recommendation. Will watch it shortly :)

#365 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

johnd13

I' ve voted you for the Vet Award.

I saw that. Thank you too.

#366 Posted by johnd13 (7917 posts) -

[QUOTE="johnd13"]

[QUOTE="indzman"]

indzman

You really don'tve to. and thanks for the GOAL recommendation. Will watch it shortly :)

You' re my favorite funniest user now.;)

And I hope you' ll like the movie-it is actually the only football-related one I' ve come across.

#367 Posted by indzman (16942 posts) -

[QUOTE="indzman"]

[QUOTE="johnd13"]

johnd13

And I hope you' ll like the movie-it is actually the only football-related one I' ve come across.

Thanks man :)

I haven't updated my nominations yet, just so you know ;)

I love soccer related movies as Shaolin Soccer :D

#368 Posted by johnd13 (7917 posts) -

[QUOTE="johnd13"]

[QUOTE="indzman"]

indzman

Judging from the name is that a comedy?

#369 Posted by indzman (16942 posts) -

[QUOTE="indzman"]

[QUOTE="johnd13"]

johnd13

Best asian sports comedy yet, followed by Jay Chou's Kung Fu Dunk :D

#370 Posted by johnd13 (7917 posts) -

[QUOTE="johnd13"]

[QUOTE="indzman"]

indzman

Best asian sports comedy yet, followed by Jay Chou's Kung Fu Dunk :D

I' ll give it a go then :)

#371 Posted by brucewayne69 (2859 posts) -

Pirate700
:( I wanted American poster. I specifically created this account on July 4th so I could get the OTcar
#372 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29078 posts) -

Everyone should vote for KC_Hokie for Best Debater.

Also this thread for thread of the year.

#373 Posted by GazaAli (22492 posts) -
Man as I was filling my nominations I realized it was such a bad year for OT...
#374 Posted by Aljosa23 (24610 posts) -

I think it's cool how I get mentioned for user who should post more and most active poster. :P

#375 Posted by MrPraline (21284 posts) -
Man as I was filling my nominations I realized it was such a bad year for OT...GazaAli
2012 was a great year bro the red haird angel resurrected plenty of people from unjust bannings. llama, aljosa, d3nny, champ, me, falcolx, etc
#376 Posted by GazaAli (22492 posts) -
[QUOTE="GazaAli"]Man as I was filling my nominations I realized it was such a bad year for OT...MrPraline
2012 was a great year bro the red haird angel resurrected plenty of people from unjust bannings. llama, aljosa, d3nny, champ, me, falcolx, etc

Most of the unbanned users do not post much besides you and Aljosa.
#377 Posted by meconate (10476 posts) -
I can't believe how many have voted me for best signature artist. I'm very grateful, nonetheless.
#378 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150066 posts) -
Laihendi seems clueless on how to host the OTcars......they tend to need a longer time for nominations, should have been a discussion on categories, and needs a bigger team to count. Hint...if you don't know what you're doing....don't force yourself into the equation dude.
#379 Posted by Laihendi (5800 posts) -
I checked nomination threads from the past several years and none of them ran longer than 2 weeks. Last year's was about 10 days.
#380 Posted by CHOASXIII (14628 posts) -

Laihendi seems clueless on how to host the OTcars......they tend to need a longer time for nominations, should have been a discussion on categories, and needs a bigger team to count. Hint...if you don't know what you're doing....don't force yourself into the equation dude.LJS9502_basic

#381 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Laihendi seems clueless on how to host the OTcars......they tend to need a longer time for nominations, should have been a discussion on categories, and needs a bigger team to count. Hint...if you don't know what you're doing....don't force yourself into the equation dude.CHOASXIII

People sure do got out of their way.
#382 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150066 posts) -
[QUOTE="GazaAli"]Man as I was filling my nominations I realized it was such a bad year for OT...MrPraline

So you're saying he's right? JK.....only one on that list that's a tool.
#383 Posted by Baconbits2004 (12600 posts) -

Best OT Detective: Dystopian

Pretty sure this is unnacceptable...

#384 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150066 posts) -

Baconbits2004
LOL he doesn't even post here anymore.....
#385 Posted by indzman (16942 posts) -

[QUOTE="Baconbits2004"]

LJS9502_basic

LOL he doesn't even post here anymore.....

TDH got eyes everywhere specially OT you know :P

#386 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

This years OTcars is a testament to just how few people ever give the stickies a passing glance. :P

#387 Posted by Baconbits2004 (12600 posts) -

LOL he doesn't even post here anymore.....LJS9502_basic

Exactly.

They should give it to a nice active member... like me.e5054213.gif

#388 Posted by Dystopian-X (8997 posts) -

I don't see where it says "you must be active to win" in the rules list

pDopM.gif

#389 Posted by Baconbits2004 (12600 posts) -

I don't see where it says "you must be active to win" in the rules listDystopian-X

Hey

Hey Pal, if you're such a great detective how come you got yourself banned like 8 times?

#390 Posted by FMAB_GTO (14385 posts) -
And as last year, I;m the only one that likes airshocker's avatar ;[
#391 Posted by johnd13 (7917 posts) -

Too bad the OTcar thread is dead. It was so fun and active the first hours of its creation.

#392 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47571 posts) -

Too bad the OTcar thread is dead. It was so fun and active the first hours of its creation.

johnd13
Yeah, maybe its better off not stickied, like this thread.
#393 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47571 posts) -
And as last year, I;m the only one that likes airshocker's avatar ;[FMAB_GTO
I like it too, but not enough for me to love it and be one of my favorites, so I doubt I'm gonna nominate Airshocker for best Avatar.
#394 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

[QUOTE="johnd13"]

Toph_Girl250

I have a knack for completely not noticing stikies. I just zoom right past them and get to the other threads.

#395 Posted by johnd13 (7917 posts) -

[QUOTE="Toph_Girl250"][QUOTE="johnd13"]

sune_Gem

I have a knack for completely not noticing stikies. I just zoom right past them and get to the other threads.

They should have kept it unstickied and just bump it whenever it got off the first page.

Anyway are you going to vote sune_Gem?

#396 Posted by FMAB_GTO (14385 posts) -
[QUOTE="FMAB_GTO"]And as last year, I;m the only one that likes airshocker's avatar ;[Toph_Girl250
I like it too, but not enough for me to love it and be one of my favorites, so I doubt I'm gonna nominate Airshocker for best Avatar.

i see~ Who're you nominating for that Tophy? ;o
#397 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47571 posts) -
[QUOTE="Toph_Girl250"][QUOTE="FMAB_GTO"]And as last year, I;m the only one that likes airshocker's avatar ;[FMAB_GTO

Just added him, not just for avatar but for Sig too. ChaosXIII. :P
#398 Posted by FMAB_GTO (14385 posts) -
[QUOTE="FMAB_GTO"][QUOTE="Toph_Girl250"]I like it too, but not enough for me to love it and be one of my favorites, so I doubt I'm gonna nominate Airshocker for best Avatar.Toph_Girl250

Just added him, not just for avatar but for Sig too. ChaosXIII. :P

good choice u.u
#399 Posted by -Toshy- (1349 posts) -
Too bad the OTcar thread is dead. It was so fun and active the first hours of its creation.johnd13
It's always like that. People rush in the moment it's made and then afterwards the posts come in sparsely. You have to keep the thread stickied for that very reason.
#400 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47571 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Laihendi seems clueless on how to host the OTcars......they tend to need a longer time for nominations, should have been a discussion on categories, and needs a bigger team to count. Hint...if you don't know what you're doing....don't force yourself into the equation dude.CHOASXIII

Have to admit that I found this pretty funny. :P