2013 OTcars discussion thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149559 posts) -
How did Laihendi become host?
#102 Posted by MrPraline (21284 posts) -

[QUOTE="MrPraline"]albrosa does this mean i marry ljs? or can i pick a different kingAljosa23

It sure does. :D

alright anything for the crown inb4 diana'd
#103 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47548 posts) -
I find it funny how some people are bashing Laihendi. :P
#104 Posted by MrPraline (21284 posts) -
How did Laihendi become host?LJS9502_basic
Nobody showed any initiative. He did.
#105 Posted by The_Gaming_Baby (6335 posts) -

I had a thread earlier this year about me accidently farting in a disabled women's face as I made my way to a public toilet. Surely this must win something!

#106 Posted by Pirate700 (46462 posts) -

I had a thread earlier this year about me accidently farting in a disabled women's face as I made my way to a public toilet. Surely this must win something!

The_Gaming_Baby

:lol: OMG, I remember that thread. I was in tears laughing.

#107 Posted by konvikt_17 (22108 posts) -

The_Gaming_Baby

:lol: i remember that thread.

#108 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149559 posts) -
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]How did Laihendi become host?MrPraline

I'm used to seeing OT vote for host.
#109 Posted by MrPraline (21284 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]How did Laihendi become host?LJS9502_basic

I don't really remember the timeline of past year's otcars, and I know last year was really late, but when did the host voting threads start usually? Thought it was earlier than 1st week of Jan. I don't have a big problem with someone taking it myself.
#110 Posted by Pirate700 (46462 posts) -

[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]How did Laihendi become host?LJS9502_basic

We kind of had that thread a month or so back. It was too all over the place. :P

#111 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149559 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="MrPraline"] Nobody showed any initiative. He did.

I don't really remember the timeline of past year's otcars, and I know last year was really late, but when did the host voting threads start usually? Thought it was earlier than 1st week of Jan. I don't have a big problem with someone taking it myself.

January usually.
#112 Posted by Aljosa23 (24337 posts) -

Why does it matter who hosts though? Doesn't seem like anyone took the initiative to get it started so Laihendi just went for it.

#113 Posted by Pirate700 (46462 posts) -

Why does it matter who hosts though? Doesn't seem like anyone took the initiative to get it started so Laihendi just went for it.

Aljosa23

And it's the talliers that really matter anyway.

#114 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149559 posts) -

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

Pirate700

Over the last few years we've had hosts that put personality in the threads.....for some reason I don't see that happening this year.
#115 Posted by meconate (10476 posts) -
The thread has enough categories... perhaps more than enough. Guess we'll just see how it goes, I don't really care who's hosting it.
#116 Posted by Pirate700 (46462 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

LJS9502_basic

Over the last few years we've had hosts that put personality in the threads.....for some reason I don't see that happening this year.

Fair point. At least it's up and running though.

#117 Posted by Pirate700 (46462 posts) -

The thread has enough categories... perhaps more than enough. Guess we'll just see how it goes, I don't really care who's hosting it.meconate
Agreed, some of them are redundant but I guess it gives more users chances to be nominated.

#118 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149559 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]And it's the talliers that really matter anyway.

Pirate700

Fair point. At least it's up and running though.

Usually they discuss categories they want added etc.
#119 Posted by MrPraline (21284 posts) -

Aljosa23
Yeah, exactly.
Over the last few years we've had hosts that put personality in the threads.....for some reason I don't see that happening this year.LJS9502_basic
True, but personality is mostly put into the winner's thread. We'll see where Lai goes with that.
#120 Posted by airshocker (28347 posts) -

I wish Dyst was hosting.

#121 Posted by brucewayne69 (2859 posts) -
[QUOTE="brucewayne69"][QUOTE="Laihendi"]Bruce I hope we can overcome our differences and work together to make OTcars 2013 something to remember.Laihendi
Let's do it!

Does this mean you will help me tally nominations?

Maybe. What does it involve? Scrolling through pages and then seeing who has the most votes for certain categories? Will it just be us two? Can someone who has done it already tell me what the job is like and how hard it is?
#122 Posted by airshocker (28347 posts) -

Hey Pirate. Me and you, best duo 2013!

#123 Posted by Pirate700 (46462 posts) -

airshocker

You know it. :cool:

#124 Posted by The_Gaming_Baby (6335 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Gaming_Baby"]

Pirate700

Easily the most embarrassing moment of my life, and here it is for anyone that missed it

http://uk.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29164048/accidently-farted-in-a-disabled-womans-face-?page=0

#125 Posted by Nude_Dude (5371 posts) -

The_Gaming_Baby
Link pls
#126 Posted by johnd13 (7821 posts) -

People should write the names of their choices in different color than the categories so it can be a whole easier to read. Just like Aljosa did.

#127 Posted by The_Gaming_Baby (6335 posts) -

Nude_Dude
Link pls

Provided just above your post
#128 Posted by DaJuicyMan (3393 posts) -
[QUOTE="Dystopian-X"]Last year's host was better.brucewayne69
Laihendi doesn't seem to realize that nobody likes him. Gall, this is ridiculous

..It's not a big deal. Laihendi manned up and did it so just let him.
#129 Posted by konvikt_17 (22108 posts) -

People should write the names of their choices in different color than the categories so it can be a whole easier to read. Just like Aljosa did.

johnd13

i shall go edit my post again:D

#130 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149559 posts) -

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

Pirate700

E-marriage thread?
#131 Posted by johnd13 (7821 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

The_Gaming_Baby

Easily the most embarrassing moment of my life, and here it is for anyone that missed it

http://uk.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29164048/accidently-farted-in-a-disabled-womans-face-?page=0

Damn! One of the craziest things I have ever heard. You deserve a nomination.

#132 Posted by MrPraline (21284 posts) -

johnd13
Agreed, but using bbcode or html on GS is daring the gods. I'm sure that will end with me swearing.
#133 Posted by TwoFace-BS (10395 posts) -
Ugh.....not gonna even pretend Im gonna bother to nominate anyone
#134 Posted by CountBleck12 (22494 posts) -
#135 Posted by Pirate700 (46462 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

LJS9502_basic

E-marriage thread?

:lol: Uh, no. Thanks for the thought though.:P

#136 Posted by airshocker (28347 posts) -

E-marriage thread?LJS9502_basic

Nah, we're too manly for that.

#137 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149559 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]You know it. :cool:

Pirate700

E-marriage thread?

Duo of what then?
#138 Posted by Pirate700 (46462 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

The_Gaming_Baby

Just thinking about it has me laughing again. That story was the stuff of legend.

#139 Posted by airshocker (28347 posts) -

Duo of what then?LJS9502_basic

Because we're bros, man. Get with the program.

#140 Posted by Pirate700 (46462 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] E-marriage thread?LJS9502_basic

Duo of what then?

I assume the nomination is for posters who are friends...maybe I misinterpreted. :lol:

#142 Posted by dave123321 (33419 posts) -

Aljosa23
Host need to actually do stuff to move it all along at a brisk pace. Thought usually we discuss categories with the host prior to the nomination thread
#143 Posted by Aljosa23 (24337 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]:lol: Uh, no. Thanks for the thought though.:P

Pirate700

Duo of what then?

I assume the nomination is for posters who are friends...maybe I misinterpreted. :lol:

That's what I thought to. Plus I always associate you two. You seem pretty likeminded even though air is a bit more abrasive.

#144 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149559 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]:lol: Uh, no. Thanks for the thought though.:P

Pirate700

Duo of what then?

Glanced at categories....did not see that one.:?
#145 Posted by dave123321 (33419 posts) -
I nominated you and bucked for best duo, air
#146 Posted by Pirate700 (46462 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Duo of what then?LJS9502_basic

Glanced at categories....did not see that one.:?

It's in there somewhere.

#147 Posted by BossPerson (9403 posts) -

they're 2 right wing blokes

#148 Posted by airshocker (28347 posts) -

That's what I thought to. Plus I always associate you two. You seem pretty likeminded even though air is a bit more abrasive.

Aljosa23

I used to play baseball with the Pearl River Salty Dogs, after all.

#149 Posted by airshocker (28347 posts) -

I nominated you and bucked for best duo, airdave123321

Fvck you, Dave.

#150 Posted by dave123321 (33419 posts) -
[QUOTE="johnd13"]

MrPraline
Agreed, but using bbcode or html on GS is daring the gods. I'm sure that will end with me swearing.

mhm