16 year old Girl bullied for wearing a political T-Shirt....by teacher!!

• 146 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts

Link

She should be fired immediately. This is pathetic, no matter what the girl's political views (or non for that matter) are.

kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts

Horrible. If anything, this girl should be applauded for being politically aware. Most high school kids don't give 2 sh*ts about politics.

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DevilMightCry

Horrible. If anything, this girl should be applauded for being politically aware. Most college students don't give 2 sh*ts about politics.

kingkong0124

Fixed it.

FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FMAB_GTO
Member since 2010 • 14385 Posts
Poor girl...
moneymatterz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 moneymatterz
Member since 2004 • 1139 Posts

She deserved far worse than that for wearing a Mitt Romney shirt.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

Horrible. If anything, this girl should be applauded for being politically aware. Most college students don't give 2 sh*ts about politics.

DevilMightCry

Fixed it.

? At least where I went to college, most of the people I knew cared about politics.
DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DevilMightCry
[QUOTE="DevilMightCry"]

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

chessmaster1989

Fixed it.

? At least where I went to college, most of the people I knew cared about politics.

Hippes care for World Peace too. Doesn't mean they know what the %^&$ they're talking about.
Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Disgusting :?

I predict that either nothing will happen to this teacher, or the father will face an uphill battle with the school board over getting the teacher fired.

A teacher is supposed to be impartial to an extent and not care about the students' political affiliation.

I know it will start a sh*tstorm, but I bet the teacher was black and the student was white.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#9 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

moneymatterz
haha.
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chessmaster1989
[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="DevilMightCry"] Fixed it.DevilMightCry

Hippes care for World Peace too. Doesn't mean they know what the %^&$ they're talking about.

??? What's that have to do with what I said or the original point about college students not caring about politics?
dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

Hope the teacher does not tenure,

deserves to be fired as quickly as posible.

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DevilMightCry
[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="DevilMightCry"][QUOTE="chessmaster1989"] ? At least where I went to college, most of the people I knew cared about politics.

??? What's that have to do with what I said or the original point about college students not caring about politics?

Sorry that flew over your head. College students may "care" about politics, but their knowledge of it is rather pathetic. Now, that same goes for general public. The fact that when I asked students for a project if Bush won in 2000, most if not all said "Gore won". Also most college students think they live in a democracy. Or that they cast a vote for the President every 4 years.
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 chessmaster1989

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="DevilMightCry"] Hippes care for World Peace too. Doesn't mean they know what the %^&$ they're talking about.DevilMightCry

Sorry that flew over your head. College students may "care" about politics, but their knowledge of it is rather pathetic. Now, that same goes for general public. The fact that when I asked students for a project if Bush won in 2000, most if not all said "Gore won". Also most college students think they live in a democracy. Or that they cast a vote for the President every 4 years.

Right I got that you were saying most college students were uninformed, but I still don't know what that has to do with your original claim that most college students don't care about politics (which was what I was disputing).

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DevilMightCry

[QUOTE="DevilMightCry"][QUOTE="chessmaster1989"] ??? What's that have to do with what I said or the original point about college students not caring about politics?chessmaster1989

Right I got that, but I still don't know what that has to do with your original claim that most college students don't care about politics (which was what I was disputing).

That caring is irrelevant if you don't know what the heck you're talking about. My point is that, HS students may care about politics, but in this case, judging by the responses of the girl in the video, she just doesn't strike me as a knowledgable student. She may have worn the shirt just because she "likes" Romney or Ryan. The figure about college students caring about the politics is no greater than HS students, or general public. Only when you take specific classes like Economics, or Political Science, etc.
SteverXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SteverXIII
Member since 2010 • 3795 Posts
Very unprofessional behavior.... this teacher should be disciplined for this.
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 chessmaster1989

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]

[QUOTE="DevilMightCry"] Sorry that flew over your head. College students may "care" about politics, but their knowledge of it is rather pathetic. Now, that same goes for general public. The fact that when I asked students for a project if Bush won in 2000, most if not all said "Gore won". Also most college students think they live in a democracy. Or that they cast a vote for the President every 4 years.DevilMightCry

Right I got that, but I still don't know what that has to do with your original claim that most college students don't care about politics (which was what I was disputing).

That caring is irrelevant if you don't know what the heck you're talking about. My point is that, HS students may care about politics, but in this case, judging by the responses of the girl in the video, she just doesn't strike me as a knowledgable student. She may have worn the shirt just because she "likes" Romney or Ryan. The figure about college students caring about the politics is no greater than HS students, or general public. Only when you take specific classes like Economics, or Political Science, etc.

Not all issues though are economic issues, nor does everyone who cares about politics care due to economic issues. For example, a person might care deeply about politics out of support for gay marriage, for pro-choice stances, for pro-life stances, etc.

Taking an economics or political science class alone does not guarantee you know what you're talking about either, although it generally helps.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

Horrible. If anything, this girl should be applauded for being politically aware. Most high school kids don't give 2 sh*ts about politics.

kingkong0124
No one who supports Romney is aware of anything.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

The fact that when I asked students for a project if Bush won in 2000, most if not all said "Gore won". DevilMightCry

Well now you're just making sh*t up.

Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts
Well that was out of line, the teachers comment was pretty weak too. The KKK? Seriously?
Bane_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Bane_09
Member since 2010 • 3394 Posts

kingkong0124

Applauded for wearing a shirt to school huh? I guess the standard for being political aware is incredibly low

On topic, that teacher is a fool and should not be teaching

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#21 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Well that's just wrong. Even if you disagree with someone's political views that doesn't give you the right to start tormenting them. Teacher should definitely be punished.

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DevilMightCry

[QUOTE="DevilMightCry"]The fact that when I asked students for a project if Bush won in 2000, most if not all said "Gore won". JML897

I wish I was. When presented with the facts they do think that. BTW, I don't mean who won the election, but if they thought that Gore won based on votes.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JML897

BTW, I don't mean who won the election, but if they thought that Gore won based on votes.DevilMightCry

Oh
that makes it more believable

Bane_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bane_09

[QUOTE="JML897"]

[QUOTE="DevilMightCry"]The fact that when I asked students for a project if Bush won in 2000, most if not all said "Gore won". DevilMightCry

I wish I was. When presented with the facts they do think that. BTW, I don't mean who won the election, but if they thought that Gore won based on votes.

Bush won the electoral vote but didn't Gore win the popular vote?

http://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/national.php?year=2000

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0876793.html

http://www.fec.gov/pubrec/fe2000/prespop.htm

Every link shows Gore winning the popular vote. So I'm not really sure what you mean? Can you elaborate please? Do you think Bush won the popular vote?

TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TopTierHustler
Member since 2012 • 3894 Posts

Well Romney is a bully, so it seems appropriate...

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#26 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

The teacher definitely should've handled it a different way, but I'm fine with the concept of teachers challenging students on their ideals provided it's done in a civilized way. Same with everyone else.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

moneymatterz
She's probably racist anyway
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JML897

I'm fine with the concept of teachers challenging students on their ideals provided it's done in a civilized way. Same with everyone else.

brickdoctor

Yeah I would be cool with that, especially for college courses.

This teacher was clearly over the line provided the girl is telling the truth about what happened.

kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kingkong0124
[QUOTE="moneymatterz"]

Nuck81
She's probably racist anyway

sad
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kingkong0124

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

Bane_09

Applauded for wearing a shirt to school huh? I guess the standard for being political aware is incredibly low

On topic, that teacher is a fool and should not be teaching

Applauded for wearing a political shirt to high school.
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kingkong0124

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

kuraimen

you're not aware of anything if you think this.

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

Link

She should be fired immediately. This is pathetic, no matter what the girl's political views (or non for that matter) are.

DevilMightCry
I agree,this is fvcking disgusting
Dylan_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Dylan_11
Member since 2005 • 11296 Posts
hahaha she deserved it
ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

Teacher should be fired ASP.

Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Drasonak
Member since 2012 • 1515 Posts
[QUOTE="DevilMightCry"]

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

chessmaster1989

Fixed it.

And none of them know what they're talking about.
mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mahlasor
Member since 2010 • 1278 Posts

This is a bigger problem than the teacher, basically most public schools are designed to have teachers who are democrats. A cousin of mine has to pretend to be a democrat to become a teacher... There is some serious biggotry going on. Really, all this teacher had to say is "Yes, this was out of line and I apologize," situation is done. But she felt she is right to call someone a KKK supporter.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JML897

This is a bigger problem than the teacher, basically most public schools are designed to have teachers who are democrats. A cousin of mine has to pretend to be a democrat to become a teacher... There is some serious biggotry going on. Really, all this teacher had to say is "Yes, this was out of line and I apologize," situation is done. But she felt she is right to call someone a KKK supporter.

mahlasor

A lot of people say this but I know I didn't experience it. My favorite high school teacher was a big conservative. In college too I had some conservative finance professors and whatnot.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

mahlasor

Teh conspiracyz they be realz. If your a good teacher you can avoid have any political beliefs in your lesson plan..

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

kuraimen

^^^
Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

kuraimen

Don't mind Kura, he's just mad that he lives in a 3rd world country.

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts
[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="DevilMightCry"] Fixed it.Drasonak

And none of them know what they're talking about.

Based on what? Your standards? Have you personally gone out and talked to all of these college students? Don't be making asinine statements like this.
HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts
Nothing wrong with wearing a shirt like hers. Teacher was in the wrong.
mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mahlasor

[QUOTE="mahlasor"]

sSubZerOo

Teh conspiracyz they be realz. If your a good teacher you can avoid have any political beliefs in your lesson plan..

'

You are trying to pass my post as irrelevent by using sarcasm and well it is "you are." Well considering I was listening to a conversation about her training to be a teacher, and my relevatives were commenting about her having to register as a democrat so she can get a job.. I hardly call that a conspiracy, I am sayying there is a bias towards teachers who are republican.

edit: just to clarify, I think also that public schools attract democrats/liberals, which eventually when you get the super-intendents that are democrats and liberals, they will want to hire people lik them.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 JML897

Your evidence is that your relatives were talking about it?

REALLY?

Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

If I were a teacher in the United States, I would not ever ask any of my students any questions about anything, and I wouldn't ever go outside the bare minimum I need to teach for the most basic curriculum. I wouldn't get to know any of them and I'd make no attempts to act as a mentor.

Because it seems like every time a teacher opens his or her big mouth, it causes a mountain of controversy.

dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
I love it when people say "oh it was a joke".
Bane_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Bane_09

This is a bigger problem than the teacher, basically most public schools are designed to have teachers who are democrats. A cousin of mine has to pretend to be a democrat to become a teacher...

mahlasor

Most of my teachers are conservatives, depends on where you live and I really doubt your cousin had to pretend to be a democrat to get a job as a teacher

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

first world problems

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mahlasor

Your evidence is that your relatives were talking about it?

REALLY?

JML897

It is common knowledge that colleges are more liberal oriented.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/homo-consumericus/201202/is-there-liberal-bias-among-american-professors

Or I can just say that I went to public school and public college, I could tell. Also I took a political class that discussed liberal schools and such, its common knowledge dude.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

This is the reason why I would never put a political bumper stick on my car; all I need is some ass who doesn't agree with me to key my paint.

*That and I don't want stickers on my car :P