14-year old girl shot by Taliban for speaking out against them since she was 11

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ad1x2 (5724 posts) -
Story. In Pakistan Malala Yousufzai became a national hero in some ways because of her publicly speaking against the Taliban and promoting education for girls. She was threatened by the Taliban since she started speaking out against them since she was 11. She is still alive, with doctors removing a bullet on Wednesday and she has been moved to an Army hospital. A Taliban spokesperson said that if she survives they will finish the job.
#2 Posted by THE_DRUGGIE (24964 posts) -

Somewhere, there's a person in Peshawar reading this out of the long crime report in their local paper.

#3 Posted by kingkong0124 (8710 posts) -

Great to see that she's considered a national hero.

#4 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
Natural selection.
#5 Posted by Necrifer (10629 posts) -

Natural selection. Fightingfan

I remember this discussion.

#6 Posted by MrMr-x2 (88 posts) -

MENDOZA!!!.....

saturdaysofthunder6_thumb.png?w=512&h=38

No, but good for her. Keep speaking out strongly against the cruel and unjust who seek to rob children of their futures.

#7 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6833 posts) -
She did it for a just cause but she had it coming.
#8 Posted by meconate (10476 posts) -
Ridiculous.
#9 Posted by LordQuorthon (5358 posts) -

Radicchio and peas.

#10 Posted by jimkabrhel (15421 posts) -

And then Madonna strips.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/450628/madonna-dedicates-song-to-malala/

#11 Posted by ghoklebutter (19327 posts) -
Poor girl. I admire her standing up to those vile human beings.
#12 Posted by punkpunker (3321 posts) -

Poor girl. I admire her standing up to those vile human beings.ghoklebutter
agreed

#13 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

And then Madonna strips.

jimkabrhel
That old plastic whore needs to stop.
#14 Posted by jimkabrhel (15421 posts) -

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

And then Madonna strips.

Fightingfan

That old plastic whore needs to stop.

She needed to stop 15 years ago.

#15 Posted by one_plum (6360 posts) -

They could have given her the Nobel Prize instead of giving it to the EU.

#16 Posted by clyde46 (46787 posts) -
How are these monsters still allowed to live on the planet?
#17 Posted by mrbojangles25 (31998 posts) -

does Islam have Sainthood or the equivelent?

b/c this girl deserves it.

#18 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -

mrbojangles25
Sure? I believe that according to islam rules she should go to hell but I may be wrong.
#19 Posted by punkpunker (3321 posts) -

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

Miroku32

Sure? I believe that according to islam rules she should go to hell but I may be wrong.

lol i'm sure that the person who shot her is going to hell

#20 Posted by quebec946 (1363 posts) -

poor brainwashed idiots.

#21 Posted by ghoklebutter (19327 posts) -

They could have given her the Nobel Prize instead of giving it to the EU.

one_plum
Post of the day.
#22 Posted by mrbojangles25 (31998 posts) -

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

Miroku32

according to who's islam? The taliban's? Or my neighbor's? Its getting so hard to tell what the real islam is nowadays...

would the real Islam please stand up, please stand up?

#23 Posted by NoSpeakyEnglish (677 posts) -
[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

Miroku32

I think you meant heaven. If you die a Shaheed, which is basically anyone who dies for the cause of God (saving lives, spreading their wealth to the needy, and yes war too), you are guaranteed heaven.
#24 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -
I'm confused. So many stuff happen at the middle east that I don't know what is real and what is not.
#25 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151689 posts) -
She did it for a just cause but she had it coming.Shottayouth13-
That's a terrible thing to say....
#26 Posted by leviathan91 (7763 posts) -

The Taliban are threatened by a 14 year old girl? And we're spending how much to kill these cave dwellers? :?

#27 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6833 posts) -
[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"]She did it for a just cause but she had it coming.LJS9502_basic

I know but it's the reality of it. That region is just one backward f*cked up hell hole that should just be quarantined and bombed.
#28 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
*is surprised she wasn't blown up or had acid thrown in her face*
#29 Posted by kingkong0124 (8710 posts) -

And then Madonna strips.

jimkabrhel
dem crazy libs
#30 Posted by l4dak47 (6838 posts) -
[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

Miroku32

You are.
#31 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"]She did it for a just cause but she had it coming.Shottayouth13-

I know but it's the reality of it. That region is just one backward f*cked up hell hole that should just be quarantined and bombed.

You aren't really setting a good track record for yourself

#32 Posted by Omni-Wrath (1970 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"]She did it for a just cause but she had it coming.Shottayouth13-

Oh, yes. The intelligent way to fix the region: Blow the region back to the Stone Age!

#33 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6833 posts) -

whiskeystrike
Like I care about track records.

Oh, yes. The intelligent way to fix the region: Blow the region back to the Stone Age!

Omni-Wrath
Fine it was an exaggeration and just me talking out of my ass but I'm just literally tired of all the sh*t that goes on over there.
#34 Posted by Omni-Wrath (1970 posts) -

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

Shottayouth13-

Like I care about track records.

Omni-Wrath

Fine it was an exaggeration and just me talking out of my ass but I'm just literally tired of all the sh*t that goes on over there.

Boo Hoo. You get tired of reading what happens there. And do you do anything but sit on your ass and complain about the region? Do you go and set up rallies to help educate the region? Do you understand why the region is like this in the first place?

#35 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6833 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"][QUOTE="whiskeystrike"] Like I care about track records. [QUOTE="Omni-Wrath"]

Omni-Wrath

Boo Hoo. You get tired of reading what happens there. And do you do anything but sit on your ass and complain about the region? Do you go and set up rallies to help educate the region? Do you understand why the region is like this in the first place?

Nope. But what the f*ck are you doing since you came up with the bright idea?
#36 Posted by Omni-Wrath (1970 posts) -

[QUOTE="Omni-Wrath"]

[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"] Fine it was an exaggeration and just me talking out of my ass but I'm just literally tired of all the sh*t that goes on over there.Shottayouth13-

Not whining if I don't know the reason or the situation.

#37 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6833 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"][QUOTE="Omni-Wrath"]

Omni-Wrath

You call this whining? And me not being familiar with the history of the region makes whatever happens over there acceptable and justifiable? Great logic.
#38 Posted by airshocker (30325 posts) -

She should have kept her mouth shut and come to America. We may make you pay for your own health insurance, but we don't shoot you for speaking out against evil.

#39 Posted by TopTierHustler (3961 posts) -

I say we bring back torture for these people.

#40 Posted by Omni-Wrath (1970 posts) -

[QUOTE="Omni-Wrath"]

[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"] Nope. But what the f*ck are you doing since you came up with the bright idea?Shottayouth13-

You call this whining? And me not being familiar with the history of the region makes whatever happens over there acceptable and justifiable? Great logic.

Where did I claim that the actions are justifiable?
Was I the one to suggest bombing the place?
No.

#41 Posted by Omni-Wrath (1970 posts) -

She should have kept her mouth shut and come to America. We may make you pay for your own health insurance, but we don't shoot you for speaking out against evil.

airshocker

Yes, because leaving the country is easy for her. Though if she brought her family to America, she could watch her mother die slowly if she didn't have health insurance coverage.

#42 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6833 posts) -

Omni-Wrath

No.

I thought I made it clear that I was exaggerating and talking out of my ass regarding that post. Reading comprehension FTL!!
#43 Posted by Aljosa23 (25404 posts) -

airshocker

:|

#44 Posted by l4dak47 (6838 posts) -

airshocker
False.
#45 Posted by Omni-Wrath (1970 posts) -

[QUOTE="Omni-Wrath"]

[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"] You call this whining? And me not being familiar with the history of the region makes whatever happens over there acceptable and justifiable? Great logic.Shottayouth13-

No.

I thought I made it clear that I was exaggerating and talking out of my ass regarding that post. Reading comprehension FTL!!

And where did I claim that the actions by the Taliban were justifibale?
That's some great reading comprehension there, buddy!

#46 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6833 posts) -

No.

Omni-Wrath

And where did I claim that the actions by the Taliban were justifibale?
That's some great reading comprehension there, buddy!

It was implied because apparently I should keep my mouth shut about the crap those happens over there because I'm not familiar with the regions history.
#48 Posted by airshocker (30325 posts) -

Yes, because leaving the country is easy for her. Though if she brought her family to America, she could watch her mother die slowly if she didn't have health insurance coverage.

Omni-Wrath

Never said it was easy. Just said it's what she should have done. No point getting killed over something you can't possibly change.

#49 Posted by airshocker (30325 posts) -

False. l4dak47

False.

#50 Posted by Nibroc420 (13567 posts) -
No, but good for her. Keep speaking out strongly against the cruel and unjust who seek to rob children of their futures.MrMr-x2
Start with Amnesty International and "Save the Children" They do nothing but prevent children who need to work, from work.