$1,000,000 for 1 of your fingers

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SonyNintendoFan (527 posts) -

You can choose the finger (no toes)

Would you?

#2 Posted by Aljosa23 (24533 posts) -

I'd do it for my pinky finger. The Simpsons seem to get along fine without it.

#3 Posted by dave123321 (33576 posts) -
Yes
#4 Posted by CreasianDevaili (3991 posts) -
Take the pinky on the left hand. I need the right pinky to hit my mouse side buttons.
#5 Posted by Chow_Mein_Kampf (6651 posts) -

Yeah, the ring finger...............

#6 Posted by IdioticIcarus (2242 posts) -

Yes. I think I would choose my left little finger.

#7 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

It's hard to say unless I was actually being offered the money. I think I'd take the million though.

#8 Posted by Kevlar101 (5992 posts) -
In this economy, yes, in a heartbeat. My pinky finger is not too important to me.
#9 Posted by Yusuke420 (2793 posts) -

Of course I'd give up my pinky for 1 mil, this is a no brainer slam dunk!

#10 Posted by SonyNintendoFan (527 posts) -

It's hard to say unless I was actually being offered the money. I think I'd take the million though.

Pirate700
which finger would you part with?
#11 Posted by Legend002 (6942 posts) -

Sure but it can't be my middle one though.

#12 Posted by JohnF111 (14046 posts) -
Well I could just cut any off and spend $50,000 to pay a homeless man to give me his and then I'd be almost a million dollars better off and have full functionality of my hand for... various activities.
#13 Posted by KiIIyou (27135 posts) -
I call my hair fingers. ;o
#14 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

SonyNintendoFan

which finger would you part with?

Left pinky if given the choice.

#15 Posted by megagene (22981 posts) -
So long, left pinky!
#16 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -
How easy/painless would the extraction be? If I'm knocked out and don't feel it then sure. If someone just arrives at my home with a knife I would refuse
#17 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

Yeah left pinky.

#18 Posted by LordQuorthon (5263 posts) -

Yup. Right pinky.

#19 Posted by SonyNintendoFan (527 posts) -
I never knew till now how useless the left pinky really is :O
#20 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

How easy/painless would the extraction be? If I'm knocked out and don't feel it then sure. If someone just arrives at my home with a knife I would refuseJML897
Even if that knife came with a giant cardboard check?

#21 Posted by SonyNintendoFan (527 posts) -
[QUOTE="JML897"]How easy/painless would the extraction be? If I'm knocked out and don't feel it then sure. If someone just arrives at my home with a knife I would refuse

What if they also arrive with a bag of one million $100 bills?
#22 Posted by GreySeal9 (23975 posts) -

Hell yeah I would take that deal.

#23 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

Take my right pinky. It's worthless, except for typing. I think I'd get along fine without it. And a million dollars would help. I wonder how much a prosthetic would cost...

#24 Posted by KiIIyou (27135 posts) -
I never knew till now how useless the left pinky really is :OSonyNintendoFan
Not for guitar playin! ;p
#25 Posted by mahlasor (1278 posts) -

Yeah left pinky.

Ilovegames1992

You know that is cheating. But I guess he didnt state which hand:twisted:, because yeah the left hand is kind of useless for really precise movement... Why the hell cant I still use my other side after all these years... :cry:

#26 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -

[QUOTE="JML897"]How easy/painless would the extraction be? If I'm knocked out and don't feel it then sure. If someone just arrives at my home with a knife I would refusePirate700

Even if that knife came with a giant cardboard check?

That would be really hard to refuse but I dunno. I'm imagining someone slowly cutting through the bone of my finger and it does not seem pleasant

#27 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

[QUOTE="JML897"]How easy/painless would the extraction be? If I'm knocked out and don't feel it then sure. If someone just arrives at my home with a knife I would refuseSonyNintendoFan

Well that would be a price increase, to a hundred million. I think I might even go for the not-so-surgical removal, if THAT was the price.

#28 Posted by applesxc47 (10761 posts) -

I think I'd part with my left pinky for 1 mil.

#29 Posted by HybridPhoenix (3598 posts) -
I'd do it for the pinky finger on my right hand. Need the one on the left for guitar.
#30 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Yeah left pinky.

mahlasor

You know that is cheating. But I guess he didnt state which hand:twisted:, because yeah the left hand is kind of useless for really precise movement... Why the hell cant I still use my other side after all these years... :cry:

I play guitar and bass. It's pretty much all that gives me joy outside of video games. I could still do that, even with only 2 fingers on my right hand. If I even lost the use of a single finger on my left hand, though... That'd pretty much ruin my life.

#31 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14349 posts) -

Is this a million AFTER taxes?

'Cause if I if I don't get the full amount, screw that. They can keep it.

#32 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

Hallenbeck77

Good point.

#33 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Hallenbeck77

Very good question.

#34 Posted by Yusuke420 (2793 posts) -

I'm going to say that if someone shows up at your house with a million in cash, you aren't going to go out of your way to include that income when you'd file taxes.

#35 Posted by Allicrombie (25113 posts) -

Hallenbeck77
even if taxes were 30%, you'd still clear 700,000.
#36 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14349 posts) -

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

Pirate700

Very good question.

I'm surprised no one's asking these questions, period. You figure the government's gonna take a good forth, third, or whatever amount they feel like from the pot. Then there's probably state tax, not to mention the cost of medical treatment for a severed digit, which more than likely isn't included. THEN, you gotta wonder not just how much money you get, but WHEN you get it--I Imagine there's a 6 to 12 week waiting period for that...but everyone's ready to chop of a finger with the quickness without asking a question or two.
#37 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

I'm going to say that if someone shows up at your house with a million in cash, you aren't going to go out of your way to include that income when you'd file taxes.

Yusuke420

They have ways of finding out.

simpsons.gif

#38 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14349 posts) -
[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

Allicrombie

Screw that noise, I want the full amount--and they can also throw in some painkillers, at the least. And none of that generic crap, either!
#39 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

Hallenbeck77

Very good question.

I'm surprised no one's asking these questions, period. You figure the government's gonna take a good forth, third, or whatever amount they feel like from the pot. Then there's probably state tax, not to mention the cost of medical treatment for a severed digit, which more than likely isn't included. THEN, you gotta wonder not just how much money you get, but WHEN you get it--I Imagine there's a 6 to 12 week waiting period for that...but everyone's ready to chop of a finger with the quickness without asking a question or two.

I assumed you'd get the money right there. But yeah, medical is another issue. I think it would have to be done by a doctor for me to take the money. Not worth losing the arm.

#40 Posted by Allicrombie (25113 posts) -
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

Hallenbeck77

Screw that noise, I want the full amount--and they can also throw in some painkillers, at the least. And none of that generic crap, either!

Consider that its 700,000 per finger and all you'd have to do is lose two or three and you'd walk away with almost a half mil to over 2mil. Not bad for people with huge, obese, lobster claw like man hands.
#41 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10837 posts) -

I wouldn't intentionally maim my self under any circumstance.

#42 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
Paper money, direct wire transfer or gold bullion?
#43 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

Paper money, direct wire transfer or gold bullion? Zeviander

Solid gold bars. Nothing less for my precious appendages.:P

#44 Posted by SonyNintendoFan (527 posts) -

[QUOTE="SonyNintendoFan"][QUOTE="JML897"]How easy/painless would the extraction be? If I'm knocked out and don't feel it then sure. If someone just arrives at my home with a knife I would refusethe_bi99man

Well that would be a price increase, to a hundred million. I think I might even go for the not-so-surgical removal, if THAT was the price.

I meant the one million in the form of $100 bills lol
#45 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14349 posts) -
I assumed you'd get the money right there. But yeah, medical is another issue. I think it would have to be done by a doctor for me to take the money. Not worth losing the arm. Pirate700
I can deal with someone chopping my finger off with a sword right there, (Good enough for the Yakuza, good enough for me.) My concern is whether or not medical treatment costs is coming out of my cut--no pun intended--of the money.
#46 Posted by dave123321 (33576 posts) -

[QUOTE="SonyNintendoFan"][QUOTE="JML897"]How easy/painless would the extraction be? If I'm knocked out and don't feel it then sure. If someone just arrives at my home with a knife I would refusethe_bi99man

#47 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14349 posts) -
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"] even if taxes were 30%, you'd still clear 700,000.

Consider that its 700,000 per finger and all you'd have to do is lose two or three and you'd walk away with almost a half mil to over 2mil. Not bad for people with huge, obese, lobster claw like man hands.

Well, since you put it THAT way....I'd list it is a potential "maybe".
#48 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]I assumed you'd get the money right there. But yeah, medical is another issue. I think it would have to be done by a doctor for me to take the money. Not worth losing the arm. Hallenbeck77
I can deal with someone chopping my finger off with a sword right there, (Good enough for the Yakuza, good enough for me.) My concern is whether or not medical treatment costs is coming out of my cut--no pun intended--of the money.

As long as you got put on an antibiotic right away, I'm not sure how much more medical would be assuming the bleeding was taken care of.

#49 Posted by Allicrombie (25113 posts) -
I'd gladly donate one of Dave's fingers for 700,000.
#50 Posted by dave123321 (33576 posts) -