"10 Hours of Walking In NYC As a Woman "

• 144 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

crazyguy111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 crazyguy111
Member since 2013 • 406 Posts

See: https://www.youtube.com/watchv=b1XGPvbWn0A&google_comment_id=z12uyhfi0sn4fnpzh04cj1bitvfezlry1d4

I know some of the men were being offensive but don't some women also say hi or smile to men? Why is it wrong for men to do it but not women? That sounds sexest.

Again, I know some of the men in the video were creeps, but about half of them consisted of "god bless" and "hi have a nice day." What is so offensive about this? I've had women say "hi" to me or or smile at me my friends as well; but I don't consider this sexual harassment. Why did the lady in "10 Hours of Walking In NYC As a Woman " video get so offended when men said hi to her and smiled to her? Thoughts?

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

it gets annoying.

i hate women catcalling me constantly and always trying to strike up a conversation when i'm trying to get shit done.

i try to be nice about it but at some point you just want to scream no bitch i don't want to slap your genitals around today.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

How many thousands didnt pay her the time of day? Go to any big city and your gonna find a whole lot of assholes cos there's a whole lot of people. Not to mention a lot of those people actuallyjust said hello, hi, how you doin, have a nice evening... etc etc....that might be unwanted attention but its hardly anything to get bent out of shape about.

Theres only two guys in that entire video that fall into the ctegory of being creepy and harassment. I think if youcn walk around a major city for ten hours and only come across 2 creeps things aint so bad.

We'r all sexual objects, men just don't do subtlety.

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

feminists just wanna find any reason to start a purge on men

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts

it's only "harassment" because those guys are not attractive. If Francisco Lachowski went up and told her she was beautiful she would stop the camera and love the attention from him. This girl gets more compliments in a two minute span from the opposite sex than I have gotten in my entire life and still feels like she is a victim. How pathetic.

Feminists want to make it illegal for any sub7 male to speak to females in public

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 top_lel
Member since 2014 • 886 Posts

Because feminists. That's why.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

OH man, another thread about women and the topic of sexism, let me take a seat cause I so very much want to know what the users of this site think!

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@elpresador-911 said:

feminists just wanna find any reason to start a purge on men

Pretty much.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

did you see the black fella who walked silently beside her for 5 minutes hahaha don't know why I found that really funny.

is this a USA thing, a normal day on the streets in the UK an attractive women will never get cat called, if its busy she will be ignored like everyone else.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@thehig1 said:

a normal day on the streets in the UK an attractive women will never get cat called, if its busy she will be ignored like everyone else.

This isn't true. Whether it's as bad I don't know, but it does happen.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

What has become of my OT

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@toast_burner: probably varies in different parts of UK, in liverpool Ive never observed it happen, not in the afternoon anyway.

seen it happen in evening when people have had drink

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

If you're nice, you're not just unfuckable, you're EVIL.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

How do expect men to pick up women if they don't attempt to start a conversation?

Last time I checked women like assertive, not passive men.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

lol jesus this thread

byof_america

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17  Edited By byof_america
Member since 2006 • 1952 Posts

@mingmao3046: You're kind of a creep ain't chya.

WheresKinggiAt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 WheresKinggiAt
Member since 2004 • 7407 Posts

mingmao3046,

Wait, you actually think women enjoy being harassed by men if the man is attractive? That isn't the way it works.

I'm not sure what the purpose of this video is. We all know homeless people and losers who stand on the street all day give unwanted attention to actual members of society. Unfortunately, attractive women get the most of this attention.

However, acting like these men are merely being nice is frightening. They are definitely harassing this woman.

Your comments on this girl's boyfriend are also pathetic. There's a 100% chance you are a sad virgin.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@themajormayor: That was brilliant.

As for the video, yeah, it's pretty fucked. Imagine being that woman and going through that shit every day. It would get tiring fast. NYC is a big city and like a lot of them people really just keep to themselves - because that's the polite thing to do. Wanting to strike up a conversation with a chick that didn't even give you eye contact is just weird. I see a bunch of incredibly attractive women every time I go out but I never have the urge just to randomly approach one on the street, especially when they look like they're in a rush to get somewhere. Time and a place, yo.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

some of this could be considered harassment, but people simply saying "hello" is not. if that were the case i get harassed daily at work by people saying hi to me in the halls of my office building

Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts

Well it certainly wasn't as funny or entertaining as watching screaming goats on youtube.

But OP. Why are you really curious? The stuff in this video is at the very bottom of the "country gives a shit" pot.

The point of the video is to show tunnel vision.

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts

@WheresKinggiAt said:

mingmao3046,

Wait, you actually think women enjoy being harassed by men if the man is attractive? That isn't the way it works.

I'm not sure what the purpose of this video is. We all know homeless people and losers who stand on the street all day give unwanted attention to actual members of society. Unfortunately, attractive women get the most of this attention.

However, acting like these men are merely being nice is frightening. They are definitely harassing this woman.

Your comments on this girl's boyfriend are also pathetic. There's a 100% chance you are a sad virgin.

It wouldn't be "harassment" because she would enjoy the attention. So saying "hey beautiful" is harassment? "Have a nice day"? What about this was harassment? Are men not allowed to talk to women in public?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

All sorts of women like all sorts of men. There is no "standard".

Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

As for the video, yeah, it's pretty fucked. Imagine being that woman and going through that shit every day. It would get tiring fast. NYC is a big city and like a lot of them people really just keep to themselves - because that's the polite thing to do. Wanting to strike up a conversation with a chick that didn't even give you eye contact is just weird. I see a bunch of incredibly attractive women every time I go out but I never have the urge just to randomly approach one on the street, especially when they look like they're in a rush to get somewhere. Time and a place, yo.

When one women compliments me on my looks I'm in a good mood all day. Women want attention, just not from people they don't find attractive, or if they have a boyfriend.

women:"I like men who are assertive and have confidence"

guy:"hey, how are you doing this morning?"

women: "Ugh, why do men think they can harass us when we just want to go about our days!"

RicanV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 RicanV  Moderator
Member since 2011 • 2624 Posts

"Hi" and "Have a good day" are not harassment. The silent walker was extremely creepy though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@Jolt_counter119 said:

@Aljosa23 said:

When one women compliments me on my looks I'm in a good mood all day. Women want attention, just not from people they don't find attractive, or if they have a boyfriend.

women: "Ugh, why do men think they can harass us when we just want to go about our days!"

Women are individuals so your generalizations are just dumb. Sometimes they want attention or to be noticed by men like at a club or bar and maybe at school or out shopping etc. But not out on the street, especially when they look to be in a hurry to get somewhere. This isn't hard to understand.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

Most women prefer aggressive/assertive men.

I hope that by this point in ur life you've noticed this.

WheresKinggiAt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 WheresKinggiAt

@mingmao3046 said:

@WheresKinggiAt said:

mingmao3046,

It wouldn't be "harassment" because she would enjoy the attention. So saying "hey beautiful" is harassment? "Have a nice day"? What about this was harassment? Are men not allowed to talk to women in public?

Did it look like the woman in the video was enjoying the attention? She clearly wasn't. And yes, leering/catcalling at a random woman and yelling hey beautiful is harassment. It is astonishing that you, and others in this thread, cannot distinguish between this and a co-worker saying hello to you.

And no, not all women enjoy being catcalled at in the street or being engaged in unwanted conversation even if the man is attractive. The fact that you think all women enjoy that is scary.

WheresKinggiAt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 WheresKinggiAt

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

Most women prefer aggressive/assertive men.

I hope that by this point in ur life you've noticed this.

Blanket statements like this are silly. Yes, women like confident men who have their shit together. I don't think women like "aggressive" men. Certainly not if aggressive includes accosting them on the street when they have shown zero interest.

crazyguy111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By crazyguy111

@WheresKinggiAt said:

@mingmao3046 said:

@WheresKinggiAt said:

mingmao3046,

Did it look like the woman in the video was enjoying the attention? She clearly wasn't. And yes, leering/catcalling at a random woman and yelling hey beautiful is harassment. It is astonishing that you, and others in this thread, cannot distinguish between this and a co-worker saying hello to you.

And no, not all women enjoy being catcalled at in the street or being engaged in unwanted conversation even if the man is attractive. The fact that you think all women enjoy that is scary.

Would you be offended of a girl said hi to a random guy or smiled at a random guy as well?

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#32 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

People simply saying hello and god bless is not harassment.. I guess men just aren't allowed to talk to women at all or it is considered harassment and they should be locked up for life. 10 hours of filming and only a few minutes of video footage.. most of what doesn't seem to be in the better part of town. And it's a video on the internet, who is the say the people weren't paid or asked to say hello to her. I've lived in big cities with millions of people and I've never seen an attractive woman get as many compliments as she did and I would consider her to be average at best.

CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CreasianDevaili

@WheresKinggiAt said:

@mingmao3046 said:

@WheresKinggiAt said:

mingmao3046,

Catcalling can be. Leering on a pass by? Nah.

Now stopping, turning around, and following while leering? Quite harassing and downright creepy.

I am quite unsure anywhere in the western world where a passing leer on some random woman will get you fined or in legal trouble. I am unsure anywhere in the western world where any sort of legislation got far in saying otherwise, either.

Part of the species that you will never ever get rid of. Kind of sad if you think women don't do the same damn thing. That everyone wears sunglasses cause of the sun, or that people don't fully utilize peripheral vision.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@dave123321 said:

What has become of my OT

It died...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#35 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

How so many people don't find these to be harassment is beyond me. If it were me, after the 5th person I would be turning around and tell them to go **** themselves. What kind of idiot thinks this is the right way to approach a woman? And maybe it's just me but in my opinion she's not even that attractive, so those guys probably act like that towards any girl...

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

The men that said hi to her only did that because they were attracted to her looks, they don't even know her. Do you guys really think they'd do the same to men or uglier women? No they wouldn't. They treated her as a hot piece of meat, hoping that she would respond. I think that's quite sexist behaviour.

WheresKinggiAt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 WheresKinggiAt

@crazyguy111 said:

@WheresKinggiAt said:

@mingmao3046 said:

@WheresKinggiAt said:

mingmao3046,

Would you be offended of a girl said hi to a random guy or smiled at a random guy as well?

If it was being done in the manner in the video of course. Add in the fact that these men are larger and pose as physically threatening to a woman, and that makes it even worse.

How would you feel if a offensive lineman from the NFL aggressively engaged you in unwanted conversation and continued to yell after you after you walked away? Would you not feel threatened? How about the several men in this video who even walked alongside her. One of them was silent but the other continually harassed her verbally.

PeeMyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PeeMyt
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

See the other same nonsense as the original one: 10 hours of walking in NYC as a woman tree ( PeeM )

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@TheFlush said:

The men that said hi to her only did that because they were attracted to her looks, they don't even know her. Do you guys really think they'd do the same to men or uglier women? No they wouldn't. They treated her as a hot piece of meat, hoping that she would respond. I think that's quite sexist behaviour.

DING DING DING

Pretty baffling that some posters don't understand this

Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Jolt_counter119

@Aljosa23 said:

@Jolt_counter119 said:

@Aljosa23 said:

Women are individuals so your generalizations are just dumb. Sometimes they want attention or to be noticed by men like at a club or bar and maybe at school or out shopping etc. But not out on the street, especially when they look to be in a hurry to get somewhere. This isn't hard to understand.

I talk to women on the street all the time, sometime's I get good reactions, sometimes I know they're not interested (which most did aside from those creeps that followed her). But I would appreciate not being labeled a harasser on a youtube video lol.

WheresKinggiAt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 WheresKinggiAt

@CreasianDevaili said:

@WheresKinggiAt said:

@mingmao3046 said:

@WheresKinggiAt said:

mingmao3046,

Now stopping, turning around, and following while leering? Quite harassing and downright creepy.

I am quite unsure anywhere in the western world where a passing leer on some random woman will get you fined or in legal trouble. I am unsure anywhere in the western world where any sort of legislation got far in saying otherwise, either.

Part of the species that you will never ever get rid of. Kind of sad if you think women don't do the same damn thing. That everyone wears sunglasses cause of the sun, or that people don't fully utilize peripheral vision.

You misunderstood my post. I was using leer to describe what the men are doing while catcalling, whistling, yelling, etc. I don't even know what a passing leer would be since the word inherently means an unpleasant gaze but of course random glances are fine.

Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jolt_counter119

@korvus: Aside from the followers I don't understand what is so bad about compliments, and also if not for her little "study" and being completely silent she probably could have gotten rid of them by saying she was not interested and was in a hurry. (that 5 min creep was pretty weird though, though her being silent didn't help)

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@Jolt_counter119: But I would appreciate not being labeled a harasser on a youtube video

that's what kind of irked me. yeah some of those dudes were dicks, but some were just saying hi to an attractive woman, and putting it on the internet is going to do..what now?

There is also 9 hours and 58 minutes of unedited video, where no one says shit to her.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#45  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Socializing by saying hello is not harassment. Telling a grown woman to learn to say thank you after being called beautiful is. Following a person like some of those males did is stalking. Leering at someone is not harassment; that is perverse, though.

If people consider attempting to initiate social contact for a relationship of any kind harassment, there is obviously a misunderstanding of social interaction and its benefits at play.

Whistling at people is not harassment unless it is unwelcome and usually the only way to know that is after the deed is done. I have been whistled at by females. I did not want that because they did not even know me and they stopped after I refused to acknowledge it at those times. I would not call that harassment. I would also say that it is harassment if it is persistently done.

crazyguy111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By crazyguy111

@WheresKinggiAt said:

@crazyguy111 said:

@WheresKinggiAt said:

@mingmao3046 said:

@WheresKinggiAt said:

mingmao3046,

If it was being done in the manner in the video of course. Add in the fact that these men are larger and pose as physically threatening to a woman, and that makes it even worse.

How would you feel if a offensive lineman from the NFL aggressively engaged you in unwanted conversation and continued to yell after you after you walked away? Would you not feel threatened? How about the several men in this video who even walked alongside her. One of them was silent but the other continually harassed her verbally.

"If it was being done in the manner in the video of course."

you would be offended if a girl said hi or smiled to a random guy on the streets? Lol, I doubt it. Be honest you really wouldn't care.

Also if a large strong women smiled or said hi to a small weaker man, I doubt you would be offended. You just feel offended when a man does that to a women, and not the other way around. You are clearly sexist.

Yes, some of the comments she had gotten were very threatening and scary, but some were just hellos, how are you and good afternoons. I was talking about the non threatening comments.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

Let me pretend I care. Another video nitpicking the responses the maker wants to show. A$$holes exist everywhere.

CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 CreasianDevaili

@WheresKinggiAt said:

@CreasianDevaili said:

@WheresKinggiAt said:

You misunderstood my post. I was using leer to describe what the men are doing while catcalling, whistling, yelling, etc. I don't even know what a passing leer would be since the word inherently means an unpleasant gaze but of course random glances are fine.

Even a quick look can be considered leering these days it seems. What I mean by a passing leer is that you don't change whatever you were doing, like passing someone on a crosswalk, just to get an even longer look. Or stalking them by changing your direction to meet their own just to look at their ass better.

By all means I found the video to say something entirely opposite to what it seems to have intended.

Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Abbeten
Member since 2012 • 3140 Posts

just stop bothering strangers

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50  Edited By RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

@WheresKinggiAt said:

mingmao3046,

Saying hi to someone is harassing? Are you socially inept?