1 Dead, 2 Injured in Colorado High School Shooting.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Nibroc420 (13567 posts) -

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/12/13/live-colorado-school-shooting-reported-at-arapahoe-high-school-near-denver/

Looks like the student went into the school with a shotgun, looking for a teacher, and shot at least one person before killing themselves.

Didn't Colorado crack down on shootings last year? After the Aurora shooting?

#2 Edited by Flubbbs (2912 posts) -

no way.. schools are gun free zones so this could not of happened lol

#3 Posted by Master_Live (14033 posts) -

Man, Colorado sure attracts the crazies.

#4 Posted by dave123321 (33628 posts) -
#5 Edited by Cyberdot (3514 posts) -

Another typical day in America.

#6 Posted by xdude85 (4329 posts) -

-

#7 Edited by themajormayor (25677 posts) -

That part of the world should just be nuked. Think of all the problems that would be solved. Nothing of value over there anyway.

#8 Posted by thegerg (14692 posts) -
#9 Edited by themajormayor (25677 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@Cyberdot:

Holy trollbait Batman!

Look who is talking. This is way more common in 'murica than regents executing their uncles in Asia.

#10 Posted by spike6958 (4684 posts) -

I've gotten to the point where I simply don't care if American's are shooting each other anymore, it happens all the time they won't do anything to deal with the problem long term, so why should the rest of the world care.

#11 Posted by CJL13 (19137 posts) -

That part of the world should just be nuked. Think of all the problems that would be solved. Nothing of value over there anyway.

Legal pot, also schools should start having metal detectors.

#12 Edited by Master_Live (14033 posts) -
#13 Edited by LJS9502_basic (150066 posts) -

Because murder doesn't exist in any other country.....

#15 Edited by THE_DRUGGIE (24961 posts) -

Yeah, but the blast zone would be pretty high up and the radiation would go way farther than usual.

#16 Edited by Mercenary848 (9058 posts) -

This very freaking tragic, no matter how many times it happens

#17 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (6643 posts) -

If the students and staff had guns, this would have never happened, I'm telling you!

#18 Posted by StrifeDelivery (1334 posts) -

@CJL13 said:

@themajormayor said:

Legal pot, also schools should start having metal detectors.

Yeah, that doesn't do anything. Case in point Red Lake shooting, kind of gets overlooked in school shootings. Shooters don't sneak the guns in, waiting for their chance. They kind of just go in.

#19 Posted by -Renegade (8340 posts) -

friday the 13th...

#20 Edited by -Renegade (8340 posts) -

so?

i hate to be debbie downer but yeah i was thinking the same thing.

#21 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13890 posts) -

Becoming too common to care. Unfortunate for the families.

#22 Posted by Nuck81 (5820 posts) -

With the passing of the Ban on Plastic Guns by the Republican House and no word of protest by the NRA, it proved that the Gun control debate has actually nothing to do with Control, but about Making money from gun sales.

#23 Posted by Crunchy_Nuts (2749 posts) -

If the school had armed patrols, metal detectors and all the teachers, and students were also armed I'm sure this problem would have been dealt with before any innocent person was killed.

Why don't people understand that guns are the solution to gun crime, not the cause of it.

#24 Edited by KeepClearx (59 posts) -

Schools should have armed security for these kind of emergencies

#25 Posted by dave123321 (33628 posts) -

Sad

#26 Edited by thegerg (14692 posts) -

If the school had armed patrols, metal detectors and all the teachers, and students were also armed I'm sure this problem would have been dealt with before any innocent person was killed.

I wouldn't go that far. People who want to hurt others are going to find a way.

#27 Posted by jimy1475 (1166 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@Crunchy_Nuts said:

so lets make schools into like jails

#28 Posted by Master_Live (14033 posts) -

@jimy1475 said:

@thegerg said:

@Crunchy_Nuts said:

Or lets do nothing.

#29 Posted by thegerg (14692 posts) -

@jimy1475 said:

@thegerg said:

@Crunchy_Nuts said:

Let's not.

#30 Posted by one_plum (6331 posts) -

Man, Colorado sure attracts the crazies.

That's where the Overlook Hotel is.

#31 Posted by always_explicit (2661 posts) -

Maybe educate kids that shooting teachers isnt the legitimate answer to the question "so whats the best way for me to resolve this problem...".

Its not about guns vs no guns. Its about educating the stupid people that pick them up to deal with situations that can be resolved with basic social interaction, not weaponry.

#32 Posted by airshocker (28841 posts) -

I thought more gun control was supposed to work?

#33 Posted by edinsftw (4225 posts) -

@jimy1475 said:

@thegerg said:

@Crunchy_Nuts said:

They somewhat are already...