Would Pokemon get more customers if it was on PC or mobile?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 pacific90
Member since 2010 • 848 Posts

Wondering what would happen if Game freak and Pokemon left Nintendo systems. Wondering if going mobile or pc would degrade the quality? I'd like to hear about what a world where pokemon was not on nintendo consoles would be like.

thanks

dhannaf997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dhannaf997
Member since 2015 • 16 Posts

They have Pokemon shuffle on iPhone n android but the main series would never leave nintendos the only reason people buy Nintendo systems is to have access to the Nintendo all star line up like Mario Zelda Pokemon etc. . Nintendo never has had good relations with 3rd party developers so most don't get realesd to the systems , but even if they do they're always better on Xbox and play station. Never would leave the nintendos because that's why people buy them

The_Funyarinpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By The_Funyarinpa
Member since 2015 • 504 Posts

pc no because emulators and pokemon is a really on the go kinda game, mobile is more plausible, though I would still want it on a gaming console. The only time a full pokemon game is on mobile is when Nintendo stops making handhelds / consoles. If thats the case they may change the game up to include micro-transactions and paywalls. Lets hope that never happens

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

The quality would drop bad in my opinion. Nintendo has regulated Pokemon to perfection, the game has been around how long? With how many Pokemon in each game? And yet we only have a total of about 700 Pokemon? Like a Boss.

Nintendo is very careful with keeping things fresh and not abusing their content. If Nintendo had no control of Pokemon it would have probably died a long time ago. Nintendo always seeks long term profits over short term, its one of the reason i love them so much, they look into the future and think almost all possibilities and then choose the best route to extend the life of their content.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

Hopefully they will stay. A Pokemon colloseum game will be much appreciated though.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I hope not. The day I'm told to spend real money to buy more PokeBalls and Potions is the day I quit gaming and kill myself.

pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pacific90

So mobile over pc makes more sense for pokemon?

on one end for mobile you could take the game where you go to battle people and it would keep tournaments online. if pokemon was on pc, the local aspect would be totally gone. but honestly isnt local play dying?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@pacific90: Not for Nintendo it isnt, its only getting stronger i feel. They are creating very nice coop games now. Also Steam is getting stronger in the local play genre with their nice selection of coop games. Indie developers and such like making them. Its hard to make coop games though, but we are starting to see 2-4 players coop, even Smash went up to 8 player coop. Wii and Wii U has a nice selection of local play games, some of my favorites feature local play.

Yes, i feel Pokemon is more fun mobile, its why its one of Nintendo's biggest sellers on their mobile devices. Its also easier for kids to carry around and more durable, they dont have to worry about scratching disks when transporting to friends houses, cars, or different public places or carrying a whole bunch of cords and controllers.

pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pacific90

@mesome713 said:

@pacific90: Not for Nintendo it isnt, its only getting stronger i feel. They are creating very nice coop games now. Also Steam is getting stronger in the local play genre with their nice selection of coop games. Indie developers and such like making them. Its hard to make coop games though, but we are starting to see 2-4 players coop, even Smash went up to 8 player coop. Wii and Wii U has a nice selection of local play games, some of my favorites feature local play.

Yes, i feel Pokemon is more fun mobile, its why its one of Nintendo's biggest sellers on their mobile devices. Its also easier for kids to carry around and more durable, they dont have to worry about scratching disks when transporting to friends houses, cars, or different public places or carrying a whole bunch of cords and controllers.

What I meant was true local. You could bring a copy of the game anywhere and play it with real life people in public places. PC is pretty much a console and confined to friends over or online play or co op (playing with a friend online). I feel graphics for mobile would be a downgrade. but the fact ppl like to battle with ppl on the go with pokemon i think is a main draw why it would go to mobile.

i also agree i dont see game freak going to mobile unless nintendo stopped making handhelds.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@pacific90 said:
@mesome713 said:

What I meant was true local. You could bring a copy of the game anywhere and play it with real life people in public places. PC is pretty much a console and confined to friends over or online play or co op (playing with a friend online). I feel graphics for mobile would be a downgrade. but the fact ppl like to battle with ppl on the go with pokemon i think is a main draw why it would go to mobile.

i also agree i dont see game freak going to mobile unless nintendo stopped making handhelds.

Im sorry, i dont follow you, Pokemon is and has always been mobile. mobile is Nintendos strongest trait.

pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pacific90

@mesome713 said:

@mesome713 said:
@pacific90 said:
@mesome713 said:

Im sorry, i dont follow you, Pokemon is and has always been mobile. mobile is Nintendos strongest trait.

what i meant was on cellular phone vs handheld gaming device.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@pacific90: You actually think parents are gonna buy their kids expensive phones to play games and stuff on? Phones cost bout double and even triple what a Nintendo handheld cost. Even tablets cost more then Nintendo handhelds, but tablets are kinda too big for portability. Would also have to buy an expensive cover to protect them.

I dont think Nintendo would make a phone, now they might make a mini tablet that can fit in your pocket that also has analogs, buttons etc. But they would have to build a way to protect the screen, Nintendo does this rule with handhelds that if it cant survive a drop from the waist they dont produce it.

pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pacific90

@mesome713 said:

@pacific90: You actually think parents are gonna buy their kids expensive phones to play games and stuff on? Phones cost bout double and even triple what a Nintendo handheld cost. Even tablets cost more then Nintendo handhelds, but tablets are kinda too big for portability. Would also have to buy an expensive cover to protect them.

I dont think Nintendo would make a phone, now they might make a mini tablet that can fit in your pocket that also has analogs, buttons etc. But they would have to build a way to protect the screen, Nintendo does this rule with handhelds that if it can survive a drop from the waist they dont produce it.

Thats true. I forgot unless u get a phone in a contract or something that the phones out right are rather pricey. I can see the Nintendo tablet or the pokemon main series game being playable on tablets and smart phones.

Avatar image for deactivated-5938196c2bbcb
deactivated-5938196c2bbcb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5938196c2bbcb
Member since 2013 • 344 Posts

Obivously the answer would be yes. Keep in mind that the Pokemon Company is it's own entity and is in charge of the IP.

Kristaok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kristaok
Member since 2015 • 69 Posts

Pokemon along with Zelda sadly is the only thing keeping Nintendo afloat right now, so that being said I'd rather they not sell out perse', but oddly I'd still like to see it for a console.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

Nintendo wouldn't want it on PC for sure. They already released some shitty pokemon mobile games, and they may be doing quite well on it atm. I just can't see them releasing anything canon or worthwhile on mobile. More so, to get attention to buy the real deal on Nintendo products.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#17 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

It would give them more business simply because it would be available on other systems.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

ports of the older games (gen 1/2) on smart phones. There was a fake Pokemon Yellow on the apple store three years ago which ranked number three at the charts. F2p Pokemon games for countries such as South Korea and China where gamers would drop tons of money for them. It's no concern to me what they go with it or not, but there is obviously a lot of money on the table.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#20 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Yes, Pokemon would reach more customers if it was on PC and mobile. Everyone and their brother has a smartphone. Whether this would degrade quality is unknown.

Nintendo won't let the mainline Pokemon games off their systems. They drive handheld sales.