Worst moments in Mario Party (series)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for PiscesAnimeGirl
PiscesAnimeGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 PiscesAnimeGirl
Member since 2010 • 234 Posts

My worst moment was getting a painful blister on my hand from rotating the joystick on my N64 controller too much. Ouch! I was playing the first game

4myAmuzumament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By 4myAmuzumament
Member since 2013 • 1791 Posts

all of my worst moments in Mario Party are when I don't beat the guest players.

I hated it when they got rid of the board maps with basic gameplay. I think it happened between MP5 and 6.

It used to be that you walked around the boards and collected stars, very simple. But now the maps have themes, so now basic, old-school Mario Party is lost. There will be like one or two normal maps then the rest are dumb stuff like buying properties or buying chain chomps and... other stuff that prevents you from getting the star when you get to it

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts

@4myAmuzumament said:

I hated it when they got rid of the board maps with basic gameplay. I think it happened between MP5 and 6.

It used to be that you walked around the boards and collected stars, very simple. But now the maps have themes, so now basic, old-school Mario Party is lost. There will be like one or two normal maps then the rest are dumb stuff like buying properties or buying chain chomps and... other stuff that prevents you from getting the star when you get to it

I really liked that switch-up of things. Clockwork Castle from 6 where the star rolls a die at the end of each turn is my favorite Mario Party board.

I miss back when the final five turns had a bunch of factors thrown in, not just one. They got progressively lamer after Mario Party 3. And although I love the 3D boards that started in 5, I miss when the boards were larger, as in, when they had more spaces. 1-4 have large boards. But the whole 3D thing made them sacrifice spaces for style.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#4  Edited By so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

I thought you meant the worst moment in regard to the games themselves. I was going to say Mario Party 6, where there is a useless microphone included (plugged into the memory card slot). There's a game show type mode that is painfully boring and some other modes where you need to yell commands into it...

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#5 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts
@4myAmuzumament said:

I really loved the boards with different goals and mechanics. Mario Party 6 had some pretty awesome ones!

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#6 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

When you have a solid lead ahead of the competition with stars and some random thing happens on the board that makes you go from 1st to 4th in a turn. It's awful.

There was also a time where I somehow had the least amount of stars out of everyone and I actually ended up winning. No idea what happened there.

PiscesAnimeGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PiscesAnimeGirl

@turtlethetaffer: I can totally relate to that. God that would piss me off XD and make me happy LOL

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 turtlethetaffer

@PiscesAnimeGirl: I laughed my ass off when I won that game. I think I was actually in second place but like... How in the hell? My friends got mega pissed :P

PiscesAnimeGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PiscesAnimeGirl

@turtlethetaffer: LOL and the profanity ensues XD Lots of it

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts

Mario Party advance ,yes the entire game is bad

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By turtlethetaffer

@PiscesAnimeGirl: Oh you have no idea. We like to get creative with out swearing :P

PiscesAnimeGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PiscesAnimeGirl

@turtlethetaffer: O.o Oh dear :O I hope fists don't fly next

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 turtlethetaffer

@PiscesAnimeGirl: No fists, just swearing. Although one of my friends observed that our favorite pastime seems to be getting pissed at each other (playing multiplayer games like Smash Bros and Kirby Air Ride).

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#14 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

This is a cute thread!
Yeah I think my worst moment in Mario party was when I was playing with a former boyfriend who threatened to break up with me if I stole a star from him. I mean really...

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 pierst179
@DigitalDame said:

This is a cute thread!

Yeah I think my worst moment in Mario party was when I was playing with a former boyfriend who threatened to break up with me if I stole a star from him. I mean really...

Stealing a star is serious business!

PiscesAnimeGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PiscesAnimeGirl

@DigitalDame: LOL really? XD It's not that damn serious

Avatar image for Knight_Rider_3K
Knight_Rider_3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Knight_Rider_3K
Member since 2004 • 102 Posts

Worst moment is the rotating stick games in 1.

2 is still my favorite. Everybody dressed up to match the board and the dual minigames were great.

Having more fun with Wii Party U as of late.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#18 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

tug ohwar worst moment getting my first blister and you never wanna get a bomb in 2 , I must have yelled so much at the tv when that happened , especially just after I get a star!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I haven't played as many of the Mario Party games as everyone here has probably, though I owned 2 of them and played some of the N64 ones at in-store kiosks ages ago.

I can't remember exact numbering, but I think the 2 Mario Party games I owned were 4 on the Gamecube, and 8 on the Wii.

I really can't remember which game was which nowadays since all of them are so similar, and it was ages ago that I played either one, but I remember some things about them. I paid full price for 4 sometime after it came out. I remember I was so disappointed by it that it was kind of the catalyst that made me give up on Nintendo during the Gamecube era. Looking back, it probably wasn't a very bad Mario Land game, I probably just expected something else from it.

I got Mario Party 8 on the Wii because, quite simply, I had all of the other Wii games I wanted and I had money burning a hole in my pocket. It did seem kind of like it was thrown together just to give the Wii a Mario Party game early on, but it took some advantage of the motion controller which probably added something to the mix.

Despite the series' point of being a party game that brings people together, my dad and I just seemed to get angry at the game when we played it most times. I think we both got angry because so much chance was involved, and it always seemed rigged. I actually remember watching an episode of X-Play once where they reviewed one of the games and they were like "That (expletive) Waluigi always wins!" I wasn't the only one who felt that way.

One minigame I remember that I enjoyed was one where everyone was on a wobbling platform that tilted all around, and a big ball rolled around and tried to crush people or knock them off of the sides of the platform or whatever. One minigame I remember that I disliked was where you were in canoes, and you just... Pressed one button over and over again to win - it seemed stupid. It seemed like there should have been a bit more to that minigame. I forget which games each one was in for sure.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts
@DigitalDame said:

This is a cute thread!

It seems you took it anyway.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 pierst179
@PiscesAnimeGirl said:

LOL really? XD It's not that damn serious

How can you say that?! It is a star!

That thing is worth more than all coins you can possibly gather. =P

PiscesAnimeGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PiscesAnimeGirl

@Pierst179: LOL 20 coins is not a lot XD Especially since I can get more than 100 coins easily