Wii u Virtual console?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Vicionator (31 posts) -

So if the wii u can read all of our wii games and also comes with a virtual console, what will happen to the thing we bought on the wii's vistual console? will there be a way to pass them to the wii u or will they be lost and only stay on the wii? :cry:

#2 Posted by ModernSnivy (73 posts) -
I would seriously cry if we couldn't transfer our virtual console games on our wiis to the wii u. I spent at least like 60$ for virtual console games.
#3 Posted by AlmightyDerek (4144 posts) -

There's been nothing official so no one really knows. However since you can transfer VC/Wiiware games to a new Wii if the original breaks and you can transfer DSi games to the 3DS combined with the fact that not allowing transfers would be a PR nightmare it's pretty much guaranteed.

#4 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

I wouldnt worry about it too much, since you can transfer your software from your DSi/ DSixl to your 3DS, Im more than sure you'll be able to do the same with the Wii and Wii U.

#5 Posted by srdjan311 (1247 posts) -

im pretty sure nintendo won't disappoint

#6 Posted by Dan_Lionheart (313 posts) -
I believe the original rumor was that you can use the credit card that has made purchases on your Wii to verify being able to get those Virtual Console games on the Wii U. I'd be more than satisfied with that. I stopped buying Virtual Console games entirely once the Wii U was announced since nothing has been clarified about it.
#7 Posted by Crisis_Eye (1554 posts) -
I would be SO pissed if there was no way to transfer the VC games form the Wii to the WiiU. I literally spent over $100 on those games.
#8 Posted by Crisis_Eye (1554 posts) -

I wouldnt worry about it too much, since you can transfer your software from your DSi/ DSixl to your 3DS, Im more than sure you'll be able to do the same with the Wii and Wii U.

Gamingclone
Really? Wow! That's good news! I never knew about that. I assume Nintendo will do the same with Wii and WiiU if they did for the DSi and 3DS.
#9 Posted by wiifan001 (18490 posts) -

:roll:

Just play them on your wii like you've always done

#10 Posted by Crisis_Eye (1554 posts) -

wiifan001
Yeah. I would do that as a last resort. However, I feel that I wouldn't want to play them if they were on an entirely different console. Then I would need to plug that console in, AV cables and all, then find the controllers for that system, hope the controllers are charged, and then turn it on to play. I'm just saying it would be much more convenient if they allowed us to transfer them.
#11 Posted by wiifan001 (18490 posts) -
[QUOTE="wiifan001"]

Crisis_Eye
Yeah. I would do that as a last resort. However, I feel that I wouldn't want to play them if they were on an entirely different console. Then I would need to plug that console in, AV cables and all, then find the controllers for that system, hope the controllers are charged, and then turn it on to play. I'm just saying it would be much more convenient if they allowed us to transfer them.

More convenient, sure, I agree. But if we can't, it's not a big deal
#12 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

We'll probably be able to transfer them. I'm thinking I might just leave them on the Wii though to give it a reason to be around.

#13 Posted by MathMattS (4012 posts) -

I'm hopeful that the VC content on the Wii will be transferable to the Wii U.

#14 Posted by Sepewrath (28806 posts) -
I fully expect games to be able to transfer to the Wii U, my question would be, would you be able to stream VC games to the controller.
#15 Posted by Vicionator (31 posts) -

Gamingclone

that's good to hear, i didn't know that

#16 Posted by KBFloYd (14672 posts) -

There's been nothing official so no one really knows. However since you can transfer VC/Wiiware games to a new Wii if the original breaks and you can transfer DSi games to the 3DS combined with the fact that not allowing transfers would be a PR nightmare it's pretty much guaranteed.

AlmightyDerek

yup..

you can transfer all your ds stuff to your 3DS...

wii to wiiu will be the same.

#17 Posted by COKTAL (622 posts) -

There better be a way to do it, but I would be more suprised if it couldn't. Nintendo has been pretty good about these kinds of things. I just hope there is ways to copy our GC games over to the Wii U. I really don't want to pay for the games I already have, especially since I prefer the GC controller. But if it doesn't transfer, w/e. I'm getting my Wii fixed soon, so I probably won't pick up a Wii U until a few months after release.

#18 Posted by AlmightyDerek (4144 posts) -
[QUOTE="COKTAL"]
[QUOTE="Crisis_Eye"][QUOTE="wiifan001"]

wiifan001

More convenient, sure, I agree. But if we can't, it's not a big deal

It would be annoying though, some people already have too many systems hooked up. There's no way we won't be able to transfer our games over so that's not really an issue. What I'm worried about is game saves. I suppose we could move most of them over via SD card but all the Nintendo Wifi games such as Mario Kart and Smash Bros won't let you move your save file. Unless Nintendo goes out of there way to fix something (which they rarely do) we'll have to rebeat a lot of games on the Wii U or I guess just keep our Wii's around. You actually lose all your save files moving DSi games to the 3DS, but I think that's just because save files couldn't be moved to SD cards at all on the DSi.