Wii U remaining titles

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

Do you think that...

Mario Maker

Yoshi's Wooly World

Star Fox Zero

Mario Tennis Ultra Smash

Devil's Third

Fatal Frame

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival

Zelda U

Shin Megamei Tensei X Fire Emblem

Rodea The Sky Soldier

....will be some of the last major titles that Wii U will see? Many people speculate that Nintendo is saving its games and resources for its next home console. The lack of new game announcements, as well as Reggie's talk of "transformation" at E3, back this up pretty heavy, and its possible we will see new hardware announcements in 2016 or early 2017. Assuming this to be true, do you feel these games are enough to ride out the end of the Wii U's life cycle until the next hardware arrives? Is it possible this is all we will be getting for the rest of Wii U?

Avatar image for deactivated-578f2053b4a13
deactivated-578f2053b4a13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-578f2053b4a13
Member since 2004 • 1671 Posts

The Zelda game will be the last major release for Wii U.

The_Funyarinpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 The_Funyarinpa
Member since 2015 • 504 Posts

It kinda sucks if thats the case, feels like the wii u had a pretty short life span then...

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

All those games come out this year except Zelda, also got Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival and Xenoblade Chronicles, gone be good. Awesome lineup for the holidays if you ask me. They will have more in 2016, they got to keep that Nintendo hype up somehow. I think Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is coming early 2016, looks pretty sweet.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jcrame10

@mesome713: yeah but the topic at hand isnt how awesome the holiday 2015 line up is. it's about what's next, after all these games come out this year.

Good call on Xenoblade. Forgot about that one. Also I thought the Animal Crossing knock off game was on 3DS.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jcrame10
@halvedlife said:

The Zelda game will be the last major release for Wii U.

I'm afraid of that too. I could see it being multiplatform with NX. Nothing surprises me now that I've learned that Devil's Third is a Wii U/PC release.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-58ce94803a170

@jcrame10: True, i guess will have to wait and find out, Nintendo said they wanted to focus on 2015, so im sure they will announce more after the Holidays with a direct. Should have a few for Feb, March, then May might get a big game. I would guess 4-5 for pre E3, then 4-5 after.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#8 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I reckon there are a few games that will be coming in 2016 that we're not aware of right now. Nintendo is just dragging Wii U to the finish line at this point. Even though I'll be getting a few games on that list, it's still really sparse.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jcrame10

@YearoftheSnake5:

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

I reckon there are a few games that will be coming in 2016 that we're not aware of right now. Nintendo is just dragging Wii U to the finish line at this point. Even though I'll be getting a few games on that list, it's still really sparse.

same. the only thing that really interests me is Zelda. I'll get Mario Tennis if it's like 40 bucks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@YearoftheSnake5: This is kinda true, but for Nintendo i feel this is a lot, it just looks sparse cause no third party games, i think Nintendo was hoping more dedicated third party teams would develop for them like they did for Wii, i dont think they were ready for so many devs to go Indie and Mobile. Nintendo usually always releases games slow like this.

Good news is we know we have some RPGs coming 2016, we just dont know what they are. I think they have some other games also hiding up their sleeves, Nintendo wont abandon the Wii U, they will just spread the wealth and try to deliver hype for NX. I think would be hard to sell NX without Wii U games being released around that time.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jcrame10

@mesome713: it's on par with Sony and Microsoft, just depends on whether or not you are interested in any of these titles. Personally, I am really not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@jcrame10 said:

@mesome713: it's on par with Sony and Microsoft, just depends on whether or not you are interested in any of these titles. Personally, I am really not.

Thats cool, i would rather play these though, Sony and Microsoft have nothing that interest me. Ill be happy with my Nintendo games this Christmas.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jcrame10

@mesome713 said:
@jcrame10 said:

Thats cool, i would rather play these though, Sony and Microsoft have nothing that interest me. Ill be happy with my Nintendo games this Christmas.

I meant the amount of games in the works and coming out. Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo are about equal. You just notice the lack of content on Wii U more because there arent any other publishers or developers making games for it along with Nintendo.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

I think Zelda is going to be the last game for the wii u.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@jcrame10 said:
@mesome713 said:
@jcrame10 said:

I meant the amount of games in the works and coming out. Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo are about equal. You just notice the lack of content on Wii U more because there arent any other publishers or developers making games for it along with Nintendo.

Yeah, but take away that third party and they dont have much. Also Nintendo develops games for handheld and eShop for both, which has nice support, Nintendo has always supported their systems and Wii U is getting great support, i bet theyre supporting it more then Wii so far.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jcrame10

@mesome713: sony's had a lot of studios develop for PSP and Vita as well. Same thing.

Also Microsoft has a LOT coming for first party this fall and next year. Rare Replay, Gears Ultimate Edition, Forza 6, Halo 5, Fable Legends, Quantum Break, Scalebound, Sea of Thieves, Gears 4, Recore, Ashen, they have Tomb Raider for a period of time. Id say they are on par with Nintendo. Honestly Sony is not that far beid either. All 3 companies are bringing a lot of unique games, just depends on personal preference.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@jcrame10 said:

@mesome713: sony's had a lot of studios develop for PSP and Vita as well. Same thing.

Also Microsoft has a LOT coming for first party this fall and next year. Rare Replay, Gears Ultimate Edition, Forza 6, Halo 5, Fable Legends, Quantum Break, Scalebound, Sea of Thieves, Gears 4, Recore, Ashen, they have Tomb Raider for a period of time. Id say they are on par with Nintendo. Honestly Sony is not that far beid either. All 3 companies are bringing a lot of unique games, just depends on personal preference.

Only Rare Replay, Forza 6, Gears Ultimate, Halo 5, Fable Legends are made by Microsoft and coming 2015

Sea of Thieves, Gears 4, coming 2016, its a good list, but again, i like Nintendos more.

Forza is another racing game to an already great one, Rare Replay is old games, but still cool, Gears Ulitmate is old game, but very nice remake, Halo 5 should be big, but its being made by different studio, not Bungie, and Fable Legends is F2P, ehh.

Sea of Thieves looks like a F2P game, and Gears 4 should be cool, but havnt seen nothing.

Sony do what? Support Vita? Dont make me laugh. For 2015 they developed MLB The Show for Vita...umm, thats it.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jcrame10

@mesome713: all the games I listed are published by Microsoft studios. Even rise of the tomb raider.

Yeah I don't follow the vita that much but I do know they had some god of war, tearaway, littlebigplanet, uncharted, resistance, killzone and other stuff. Seems like a lot of first party to me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@jcrame10 said:

@mesome713: all the games I listed are published by Microsoft studios. Even rise of the tomb raider.

Yeah I don't follow the vita that much but I do know they had some god of war, tearaway, littlebigplanet, uncharted, resistance, killzone and other stuff. Seems like a lot of first party to me.

O i see, yeah, i still like Nintendos list better. I admit they are supporting their system more then Sony right now, which is weird. I figured Sony would compete like crazy for the Holidays. But yeah, the Nintendo lineup looks awesome, ill be playing 4 of those games before the year is over. Plus i still have a bunch of Wii U content to catch up on.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jcrame10

@mesome713: I think sony and the ps4 are completely aping the 360 from the 2006 to 2010 time period. They have the lead and popular vote so they're riding with the major third party games and publishers. They focused so much on destiny, cod and ass creed at e3, while Microsoft showed a lot of first party stuff.

It's funny how they almost completely switched positions this gen compared to last.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@jcrame10: To be fair Xbox was still a kinda new company at the time. The Xbox had a short life and Microsoft focused on Xbox 360. But yeah, i think Sony decided to take it easy, or they had problems with Uncharted and had to push its release back. Also the Ratchet and Clank game got pushed cause the movie. If they had those two games, i think they would have had a nice lineup also.

I think theyre all doing good, it just like you said, it all depends in what your into. Nintendo is just having a hard time, Sony and Microsoft are also, lots of game developers went Indie, PC and Mobile forcing them all to spread their games out more. They have nowhere near the quality support from other developers they had last gen. But Nintendo is hurt more cause they lack the big ones, like Witcher 3, MGS, CoD Black Ops 3 and Fallout 4. Not only that but they lack the sports games also. But i think will all be fine, Nintendo just has to be Nintendo, its the only way to survive and adapt. If you depend on others to much you can set yourself up to be easily replaced, Nintendo needs to focus on being unique, makes themselves none replaceable.

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

I cant see them announcing anything new for the wiiU. So its pretty much just what we know thats coming to the console. Its a shame because there's only 2 games on that list that Im interested in. My guess is we'll see the nx at next years e3, with a release date fall 2016. They cant afford not to release it next year.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Yeah it probably is. You can't really support a financially failing platform for too long.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

Do you think that...

Mario Maker

Yoshi's Wooly World

Star Fox Zero

Mario Tennis Ultra Smash

Devil's Third

Fatal Frame

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival

Zelda U

....will be some of the last major titles that Wii U will see? Many people speculate that Nintendo is saving its games and resources for its next home console. The lack of new game announcements, as well as Reggie's talk of "transformation" at E3, back this up pretty heavy, and its possible we will see new hardware announcements in 2016 or early 2017. Assuming this to be true, do you feel these games are enough to ride out the end of the Wii U's life cycle until the next hardware arrives? Is it possible this is all we will be getting for the rest of Wii U?

Those listed are good enough for me, will be getting 6 of the titles you listed..I am ready to jump to NX (if I like it). :P

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@mesome713 said:
@jcrame10 said:

Yeah, but take away that third party and they dont have much. Also Nintendo develops games for handheld and eShop for both, which has nice support, Nintendo has always supported their systems and Wii U is getting great support, i bet theyre supporting it more then Wii so far.

Did you just say the Wii U is getting great support? Software wise the Wii U is not being supported in a great fashion. Here in the states Splatoon was the last "big" name release in May and the next comes in mid September. eShop? Here in the states it is laughable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-58ce94803a170

@Solaryellow said:
@mesome713 said:
@jcrame10 said:

Did you just say the Wii U is getting great support? Software wise the Wii U is not being supported in a great fashion. Here in the states Splatoon was the last "big" name release in May and the next comes in mid September. eShop? Here in the states it is laughable.

Yeah, the summer is always dry, even Xbox and PS4 are pretty dry. What im saying is that Nintendo is supporting the Wii U just like they would any other console, they are still developing and publishing the same amount of games as always, they are just missing support from dedicated devs. Sony and Xbox are being affected by this also, just Wii U has it worst, competition is big on Wii U, who wants to compete with Nintendo? They are the best and sell good.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jcrame10

@mesome713: if we are saying that the summer season is from the beginning of May to the end of August, then

Wii U: Splatoon, Ocarina of Time on VC

PS4: Witcher 3, Batman Arkham Knight, God of War III remaster, Rocket League (free for Ps+ users), Journey, Everybody's Gone To The Rapture, Until Dawn, Uncharted Collection, Dmc4 special edition, Prototype 2

Xbox One: Witcher 3, Batman Arkham Knight, Rare Replay, Prototype 2, Gears Ultimate Edition, DMC4 special edition

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Solaryellow
@mesome713 said:
@Solaryellow said:

Yeah, the summer is always dry, even Xbox and PS4 are pretty dry. What im saying is that Nintendo is supporting the Wii U just like they would any other console, they are still developing and publishing the same amount of games as always, they are just missing support from dedicated devs. Sony and Xbox are being affected by this also, just Wii U has it worst, competition is big on Wii U, who wants to compete with Nintendo? They are the best and sell good.

Say what? The X1 and PS4 have experienced actual releases month to month including this summer. The Wii U seems to have a drought every season and goes months between releases of any substantial nature.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@jcrame10 said:

@mesome713: if we are saying that the summer season is from the beginning of May to the end of August, then

PS4: Witcher 3, Batman Arkham Knight, God of War III remaster, Rocket League (free for Ps+ users), Journey, Everybody's Gone To The Rapture, Until Dawn, Uncharted Collection, Dmc4 special edition, Prototype 2

Xbox One: Witcher 3, Batman Arkham Knight, Rare Replay, Prototype 2, Gears Ultimate Edition, DMC4 special edition

Again, those are not developed and published by Sony and Microsft. And your also counting games that arent even released. 360 and PS3 had way more releases.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@Solaryellow said:
@mesome713 said:
@Solaryellow said:

Say what? The X1 and PS4 have experienced actual releases month to month including this summer. The Wii U seems to have a drought every season and goes months between releases of any substantial nature.

Yes we already know this, but this is normal for Nintendo as i already stated, they are only one company. Without third party support this is what happens. Go look at Gamecube and Wii and see that Nintendo is supporting Wii U just the same. Nothing has changed for them, just third party has gone to other platforms. Look at PS4 and Xbox One, they also have no where near the support 360 and PS3 had, times are changing.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

With the Nintendo NX console to begin assembly this October at the Foxccon factory. With at target of 20 Million NX consoles ready for launch, in November 2016? These may be the last of the Wii U games. I would be very surprised if at E3 2016 there were new Wii U games announced. Other than a few more independent games released this list represents the last of the game for Wii U. The Legend of Zelda game will be likely released on both Wii U and Nintendo NX. Similar to how Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess was released on both Wii and Gamecube.

So the Wii U will end up with a November 2012 - November 2016 total lifespan. The Nintendo NX should debut in 2016, While the Wii U will be killed off instantly. Not even getting the throw a way Sports titles and kids movie tie in games. that consoles such as Nintendo 64 and Gamecube received

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jcrame10

@mesome713 said:
@jcrame10 said:

Again, those are not developed and published by Sony and Microsft. And your also counting games that arent even released. 360 and PS3 had way more releases.

It's July still not August, yes? You always pick and choose what you want to respond to in order to form your argument.

My comment clearly says "summer season", being May through August. I then listed all the scheduled games that are coming through that season. Unless Nintendo has something they are secretly planning to release in the next month and a half, that is pretty much it.

What does it matter if they're published by Microsoft or Sony? They are still games that are available to play on those consoles. The console manufacturer does not have to be the only maker of the games that are published on the console. In fact, looking at the list will show you PS4 and Xbox are sharing some games over the summer season (as usual), but both offer a lot more than Wii U as far as variety and availability of different games this summer (as usual).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@jcrame10 said:
@mesome713 said:
@jcrame10 said:

It's July still not August, yes? You always pick and choose what you want to respond to in order to form your argument.

My comment clearly says "summer season", being May through August. I then listed all the scheduled games that are coming through that season. Unless Nintendo has something they are secretly planning to release in the next month and a half, that is pretty much it.

What does it matter if they're published by Microsoft or Sony? They are still games that are available to play on those consoles. The console manufacturer does not have to be the only maker of the games that are published on the console. In fact, looking at the list will show you PS4 and Xbox are sharing some games over the summer season (as usual), but both offer a lot more than Wii U as far as variety and availability of different games this summer (as usual).

Because thats whats up for debate, whether Nintendo supports Wii U, not whether third party supports Wii U, we already know they dont. This is not system wars, we are going off subject debating third party support between other systems, but yes, we can agree third party cares not for Wii U. They support 3DS pretty good, but not Wii U.

I feel they dont support Wii U cause the competition is to great and the install base is to small. Why release on Wii U when you can release on a system that doesnt have high quality Nintendo games being released every year. They tried to support Wii U, but nobody cares for their games. I dont blame them either, most of them were pretty crappy.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Solaryellow

@mesome713 said:
@Solaryellow said:
@mesome713 said:
@Solaryellow said:

Yes we already know this, but this is normal for Nintendo as i already stated, they are only one company. Without third party support this is what happens. Go look at Gamecube and Wii and see that Nintendo is supporting Wii U just the same. Nothing has changed for them, just third party has gone to other platforms. Look at PS4 and Xbox One, they also have no where near the support 360 and PS3 had, times are changing.

You made the claim that every system expresses a dry point in the summer and you are wrong. Games are being and have been released in the past month or two and will continue with releases for the X1 and PS4. Experiencing a lengthy gap between games, in the case of the Wii U, is NOT evidence of support. You went as far as using the word "great" to describe the support being received by the console. What I've noticed from you is how you will make a claim and then when someone actually refutes it, you move the proverbial goal post.

"Nothing has changed for them, just third party has gone to other platforms." That is a huge change when your in house games can not pick up the slack!

YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 YearoftheSnake5

@mesome713 said:

I feel they dont support Wii U cause the competition is to great

That is a myth. People that own a Wii U tend to own another system. If the Wii U got everything players wanted, there would be no reason to spend money on another platform when you can spend that same money for those games on Wii U. Players have the money to get the Nintendo and 3rd party games; competition isn't the problem.

The problem is that the Wii U hardware is weak and a pain to develop for. It also doesn't have the sales/userbase to justify the extra work required to bring projects over - especially when it's more than likely going to be an inferior version.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-58ce94803a170

@YearoftheSnake5 said:
@mesome713 said:

I feel they dont support Wii U cause the competition is to great

That is a myth. People that own a Wii U tend to own another system. If the Wii U got everything players wanted, there would be no reason to spend money on another platform when you can spend that same money for those games on Wii U. Players have the money to get the Nintendo and 3rd party games; competition isn't the problem.

The problem is that the Wii U hardware is weak and a pain to develop for. It also doesn't have the sales/userbase to justify the extra work required to bring projects over - especially when it's more than likely going to be an inferior version.

So then why does third party develop for Nintendo handhelds even though they are weak?

YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By YearoftheSnake5

@mesome713 said:

So then why does third party develop for Nintendo handhelds even though they are weak?

Handheld projects don't take as many resources($$$) as home consoles and they tend to be different from their home console counterparts. Nintendo also owns the dedicated gaming handheld market.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Retro Studios Metroid on Wii U will be the Wii U's Swan Song. Much like how Skyward Sword and Kirby Return To Dreamland were the Wii's Swan Song. Also a Pokémon game will show up on Wii U. No not stupid Poker Tournament lol. Also you forgot some Wii U games like FE X SMT and Project Giant Robot and Project Guard depending on if they add that into Starfox Zero...as for NX lol well that's the 3DS's successor aka the next handheld.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jcrame10

@Master_Of_Fools:

@Master_Of_Fools said:

Retro Studios Metroid on Wii U will be the Wii U's Swan Song. Much like how Skyward Sword and Kirby Return To Dreamland were the Wii's Swan Song. Also a Pokémon game will show up on Wii U. No not stupid Poker Tournament lol. Also you forgot some Wii U games like FE X SMT and Project Giant Robot and Project Guard depending on if they add that into Starfox Zero...as for NX lol well that's the 3DS's successor aka the next handheld.

Is there any evidence that Project Giant Robot and Project Guard are actual products, or just myths? Are those the actual names of the games or just code names?

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

@Master_Of_Fools: The NX was announced to reassure I guess investors that N is still part of the home console market. How do you come up with it being their next handheld?

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Master_Of_Fools

@jcrame10: They are not finalized names, but they are confirmed to be actual games Miyamoto is making as new IP's, though Platinum Games is working on Project Guard and Miyamoto said it's possible it could end up being a multiplayer component to Starfox....Giant Robot though is on hold as of right now. Both those 2 and Starfox are listed as 3 separate games on Nintendo's Investor Briefing list.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Master_Of_Fools

@juboner: No no, NX was to assure people they weren't leaving the CONSOLE market, meaning IN GENERAL. A handheld is also a CONSOLE. As for my reasons, simple it has ALWAYS gone Handheld then home console then handheld then home console. 3DS has been out a long time, and is nearing it's end. It's slowed down dramatically and gets almost no major games anymore. The NEW 3DS much like the DSi was just to simply extend the console's sales 1 last year. (Potentially 2) The next handheld will be out before the next home console.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 juboner

@Master_Of_Fools: Well good points, I like the idea of a new home console better but you could be right.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Master_Of_Fools

@juboner: Also if Nintendo wants to GUARANTEE profit, then they would stick with what has always made pure profit, meaning the handheld market, since they have been and will always be the king of it. A new handheld with a new Pokemon game at launch and BOOM instant sales and profits. Or a new home console with meh stuff at launch and mediocre at best sales lol.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By juboner

@Master_Of_Fools: Why do you think they would have meh games at launch, people seem to think Zelda U will be on it as well for launch?

Iwata said it would have architecture based on the U, that doesnt really tell us which direction they are going though. A powerful handheld could be based on the U architecture with new tech that is out.

I dont like being shifted from my original thoughts.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Master_Of_Fools

@juboner: No console has an OMFG AMAZING launch of games, just doesn't happen that way. You would think being in the 8th damn generation now people would be aware of that. And NX won't get Zelda U.

The NX isn't even made yet, production starts October apparently, and you honestly think Zelda Wii U which has been in the works, built from the ground up for Wii U, for 5 years now, can not only be FINISHED for the Wii U, but PORTED, AND OPTIMIZED ON A WHOLE OTHER CONSOLE WITH DIFFERENT ARCHITECTURE...all in about 1 year from now....REALLY now...I mean come on, not even Nintendo can pull that kind of magic. That would take 2 years AT LEAST. And if your going to bring up Twilight Princess, well that was a different situation. Wii was about to come out, and the Gamecube already had it's exclusive Zelda (Windwaker) and the Wii would later have it's exclusive Zelda (Skyward Sword) so again EVERY CONSOLE HAS IT'S EXCLUSIVE ZELDA GAME. Twilight Princess only came to Wii to take advantage of the motion controls since that fits so well with Zelda (example, waving your sword around), so unless NX actually adds anything like that, bringing it to Wii U is utterly stupid, and a waste of time. People bought a Wii U for Zelda U, to port arguably their biggest game the Wii U would ever have to their next console just to "hope" it sells the console better is insanity. Wii U owners would be furious and get it on Wii U and not support the NX or it's "version" they would feel jipped from getting a Wii U to begin with, and lastly there is no guarantee the NX will do any better then the Wii U lol. No matter WHAT Nintendo does, there is no fact that it will do better then Wii U.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#48  Edited By GameboyTroy  Online
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

Zelda Wii U Will Come “When It’s Ready ” And Metroid Wii U Is Up To Development Teams

You can add Rodea the Sky Soldier to the list as people are interested in it.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Solaryellow

@Master_Of_Fools said:

@juboner: No console has an OMFG AMAZING launch of games, just doesn't happen that way. You would think being in the 8th damn generation now people would be aware of that. And NX won't get Zelda U.

The NX isn't even made yet, production starts October apparently, and you honestly think Zelda Wii U which has been in the works, built from the ground up for Wii U, for 5 years now, can not only be FINISHED for the Wii U, but PORTED, AND OPTIMIZED ON A WHOLE OTHER CONSOLE WITH DIFFERENT ARCHITECTURE...all in about 1 year from now....REALLY now...I mean come on, not even Nintendo can pull that kind of magic. That would take 2 years AT LEAST.

At last year's E3 we saw a brief snippet of Zelda and this year absolutely nothing. For a game that has been in development for many years only to show a very brief portion, I'm not sure what to think any more regarding its life on the Wii U. As of today we don't have any concrete time frame when it will be released.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By juboner

@Master_Of_Fools: I did read that Iwata said the NX will be based on scalable wii U archictecture so I dont see how it would be hard to port. I have not had a N console since the N64 so I have not payed attention to how N does things for a long time.

Like Gambetroy mentioned Metroid doesnt seem like it would be coming to wii U. What was it Miyamato who said its up to the dev. teams, doesnt sound like Retro really is into it. Maybe bc the lead Prime dev.'s left and are with Inafune now.

The N64 had Mario64 for launch, I think that would be sufficient, a 3d mario game for launch or Zelda.