Wii U is amazing

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by fgjnfgh (2638 posts) -

I am writing this forum for those who were like me and passed on Wii U. I didn't actually pass on Wii U, I just was waiting for Smash Bros to come out. But, now I really want to buy it. I tried at a retail store. They had a demo of New Super Mario 2 and boy it was thrilling. For the first time my eyes saw Mario in HD and the graphics with the colors were speechles. My jaw just dropped. I wouldn't mind buying a Wii U just to play that game.

I've checked for other games and find out some really interesting games on eShop like lamulana. I find this game to be one the best game on Wii U. It's a 2D puzzle open game much like Catlevania and Metroid. Others like Toki Tori 2 and Mighty Switch Force HD. I am pretty sure there are few more interesting games. The wait is over. I am buying it with NSM2, Scribblenauts, and Lego Undercover with the 3 minis games I mentioned. Can't for Wonderful 101.

Do yourself a favor and try NSM2

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
#2 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (9010 posts) -

I have NSMBU, and it's definitely the best out of the NSMB series so far. It wasn't what sold me on the platform, though. Rayman Legends and Pikmin 3 did that. Give Little Inferno and Trine 2 a try. Black Ops II and Mass Effect 3 are both pretty good ports - rent them if you find time. Looking forward to Injustice this month.

#3 Posted by Jaysonguy (39198 posts) -

I am writing this forum for those who were like me and passed on Wii U. I didn't actually pass on Wii U, I just was waiting for Smash Bros to come out. But, now I really want to buy it. I tried at a retail store. They had a demo of New Super Mario 2 and boy it was thrilling. For the first time my eyes saw Mario in HD and the graphics with the colors were speechles. My jaw just dropped. I wouldn't mind buying a Wii U just to play that game.

I've checked for other games and find out some really interesting games on eShop like lamulana. I find this game to be one the best game on Wii U. It's a 2D puzzle open game much like Catlevania and Metroid. Others like Toki Tori 2 and Mighty Switch Force HD. I am pretty sure there are few more interesting games. The wait is over. I am buying it with NSM2, Scribblenauts, and Lego Undercover with the 3 minis games I mentioned. Can't for Wonderful 101.

fgjnfgh

You may only want a Wii U for one game but that's not how most people look at it.

First of all La Mulana isn't even a Wii U game so there goes that.

Considering how badly the Wii U is failing to sell it doesn't make much sense for anyone to buy it right now. I mean why pay top dollar for a console that has the record now for longest period of time between retail releases?

It just doesn't have the software, I'm glad you like it and all but there needs to be more than one game to buy it for.

#4 Posted by fgjnfgh (2638 posts) -
I don't understand what you said "...for a console that has the record now for longest period of time between retail releases?"
#5 Posted by Jaysonguy (39198 posts) -

I don't understand what you said "...for a console that has the record now for longest period of time between retail releases?"fgjnfgh

It means that there were literally no games at all released for the console for so long that it set a record.

You can be all excited for one game and that's great but a lot of people want a console that will keep getting games on a regular basis. The people who got a launch Wii U (myself included) didn't get any new software for months because no one released anything.

Right now the Wii U is doing poorly and wont pick up steam before E3, it's in people's best interests to wait to see what's going to happen. We've seen that Nintendo has already cut it's prices by offering a value pack with Zombie U included and a Pro Controller bundled with the console for a reduced cost.

#6 Posted by fgjnfgh (2638 posts) -

[QUOTE="fgjnfgh"]I don't understand what you said "...for a console that has the record now for longest period of time between retail releases?"Jaysonguy

It means that there were literally no games at all released for the console for so long that it set a record.

You can be all excited for one game and that's great but a lot of people want a console that will keep getting games on a regular basis. The people who got a launch Wii U (myself included) didn't get any new software for months because no one released anything.

Right now the Wii U is doing poorly and wont pick up steam before E3, it's in people's best interests to wait to see what's going to happen. We've seen that Nintendo has already cut it's prices by offering a value pack with Zombie U included and a Pro Controller bundled with the console for a reduced cost.

To be honest, since when third party games are good on Nintendo consoles? Only few make it. I buy their systems for the exclusives

#7 Posted by Jaysonguy (39198 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="fgjnfgh"]I don't understand what you said "...for a console that has the record now for longest period of time between retail releases?"fgjnfgh

To be honest, since when third party games are good on Nintendo consoles? Only few make it. I buy their systems for the exclusives

You talked about a few games in your opening post and None of them were first party so which way are you going here?

#8 Posted by inter_911 (510 posts) -

and the best games r yet to come. glad u r enjoying it but i am stopping myself from buying it for now. i feel the price cut will come out soon

cmon nintendo just give us more reasons to buy the WiiU its a shame how the is console sucking at sells 

the 3DS started as bad and had the same mistake of launching with few medicore titles but nintendo picked itself up after releasing some good game, i think the same will happend soon.

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
#9 Posted by enrique_marrodz (2107 posts) -
I'm glad you're getting a Wii U. Is an amazing console and, hopefully, when you have it and try the several demos available, you may want to get more awesome games, as Zombi U. Best regards!
#10 Posted by Jaysonguy (39198 posts) -

the 3DS started as bad and had the same mistake of launching with few medicore titles but nintendo picked itself up after releasing some good game, i think the same will happend soon.

inter_911

Nintendo cut the price drastically, that's what caused it

It had nothing to do with the games.

#11 Posted by inter_911 (510 posts) -

[QUOTE="inter_911"]

Jaysonguy

so u r saying the price cut with no games (specially the first party games) would have still worked to get the sells going? nah .. even if the WiiU diidnt get a price cut it would still sell if there were any system seller titles (Zelda, Mario Kart or any other proper mario title..etc)

#12 Posted by fgjnfgh (2638 posts) -

[QUOTE="fgjnfgh"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

You talked about a few games in your opening post and None of them were first party so which way are you going here?

I said a few third party games make it and those are some of the ones I mentioned. Like who's gonna play COD majorly on Wii U? Most of us are fans of Nintendo charcters. We don't wait for third party games that much
#13 Posted by Grieverr (2829 posts) -

...but i am stopping myself from buying it for now. i feel the price cut will come out soon

cmon nintendo just give us more reasons to buy the WiiU its a shame how the is console sucking at sells 

inter_911

Well, the reason for your second sentence is explained in your first (that I quoted) :)

It's sucking at sales because people like you, who want it, are not buying it! If you're prety sure you're gonna get it, go buy it now! What Nintendo needs is a big enough user base to attract more development to the console.

I bought a WiiU at launch and am definitely feeling the pain of the lack of games. Nintendo needs to make sure that once the games start to come out, that they don't have another drought like this one. On topic: I agree that the WiiU is a great console and it will certainly improve with time.

#14 Posted by calway55 (330 posts) -

Good point, Grieverr. I believe in backing Nintendo.

#15 Posted by inter_911 (510 posts) -

[QUOTE="inter_911"]

...but i am stopping myself from buying it for now. i feel the price cut will come out soon

Grieverr

Well, the reason for your second sentence is explained in your first (that I quoted) :)

It's sucking at sales because people like you, who want it, are not buying it! If you're prety sure you're gonna get it, go buy it now! What Nintendo needs is a big enough user base to attract more development to the console.

I bought a WiiU at launch and am definitely feeling the pain of the lack of games. Nintendo needs to make sure that once the games start to come out, that they don't have another drought like this one. On topic: I agree that the WiiU is a great console and it will certainly improve with time.

It is Nintendo fault that its not selling well. fans will support them if they r giving the fans what they want

very bad lunching games.. who would buy the Wii U for call of duty or fifa, batman..?? 

#16 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

[QUOTE="inter_911"]

Jaysonguy

Price had little effect. If it did the 3DS would've sold far better than it did post price cut. Games is what people want. Having more games on your machine adds more value to it.
#17 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1791 posts) -
The Wii-U is not worth whatever it costs at the moment. Even if it was $100, I wouldn't buy it. No games. The only game I want is Smash Bros. :D
#18 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -
I think the Wii U is great, but if I bought one TODAY, I would get zero games with it. Just a prepaid card to get Little Inferno. I'll wait for Pikmin 3 and Zelda Wind Waker.
#19 Posted by aroxx_ab (12650 posts) -

The Wii-U is not worth whatever it costs at the moment. Even if it was $100, I wouldn't buy it. No games. The only game I want is Smash Bros. :D4myAmuzumament

I got 8 WiiU games, that is average 2 games each month since launch....:|

#20 Posted by AznbkdX (4045 posts) -

It's pretty great overall. One of my favorite systems I ever owned at least based on its mechanics.

I got some issues with it based on software, but overall its a nice piece of hardware to compliment the PC I got and the PS4 I might buy.

#21 Posted by superbuuman (4883 posts) -

if it had more games. :P

#23 Posted by bezza2011 (2729 posts) -

I didn't think the graphics of the new super mario game were that good and crisp compared to what nintendo normal produce. plus how many times can they bring out the same mario game since the snes lol. i'll wait for zelda and super smash brothers and have a see then.

#24 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22918 posts) -

[QUOTE="inter_911"]

Jaysonguy

Bullsh*t. The price drop gave it a boost but it started to falter again before Mario 3d land and MK7 came out
#25 Posted by CTR360 (8023 posts) -
i keep my money for PS4 wii-u its good console but dont care for the moment
#26 Posted by fgjnfgh (2638 posts) -

I didn't think the graphics of the new super mario game were that good and crisp compared to what nintendo normal produce. plus how many times can they bring out the same mario game since the snes lol. i'll wait for zelda and super smash brothers and have a see then.

bezza2011

Have you tried to play the game on full HD tv?

#27 Posted by sonic_spark (5273 posts) -

[QUOTE="inter_911"]

Jaysonguy

It had a lot to do with the games.

And you've openly admitted you love the "fail" that is going on with Nintendo and how the Nintendo fans suffer from it.

So how about this, kindly go to System Wars and stay there.  You contribute nothing to the discussion.

As per the topic, when the "big" first party franchises are released I will undoubtedly purchase one.  I do that with any console in any generation.  Nintendo is always my guaranteed purchase however.  I have to get my Nintendo fix.

#28 Posted by fgjnfgh (2638 posts) -

for those saying Wii U is missing software. Type in youtube "Nintendo direct January" and watch the more than 20 mins video. Basically, they've announced Yoshi, new Mario 3D game (like Galaxy), 2 Zelda games, Bayonetta 2, Shin Megami, and alot more. All of them are AAA titles.

#29 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1791 posts) -

for those saying Wii U is missing software. Type in youtube "Nintendo direct January" and watch the more than 20 mins video. Basically, they've announced Yoshi, new Mario 3D game (like Galaxy), 2 Zelda games, Bayonetta 2, Shin Megami, and alot more. All of them are AAA titles.

fgjnfgh
Announcements don't mean a thing. Those games can't be purchased right now. Thus they won't be getting my money right now either. :)
#30 Posted by i-rock-socks (3824 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="inter_911"]

inter_911

so u r saying the price cut with no games (specially the first party games) would have still worked to get the sells going? nah .. even if the WiiU diidnt get a price cut it would still sell if there were any system seller titles (Zelda, Mario Kart or any other proper mario title..etc)

yes, but no price cut, and no system seller games make jack a dull boy.
#31 Posted by i-rock-socks (3824 posts) -

i love my wii u, i just want more to do on it.

and id love the damn virtual console eshop to get off its ass.

i dont love how we still have to wait to get access to 20 year old games, something that could be done in a week, there just too lazy to get off there ass.

#32 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

i dont love how we still have to wait to get access to 20 year old games, something that could be done in a week, there just too lazy to get off there ass.

i-rock-socks
Game emulation on new hardware takes a while, it's not a simple port job that takes a weeks worth of work.
#33 Posted by i-rock-socks (3824 posts) -

[QUOTE="i-rock-socks"]

Haziqonfire

Game emulation on new hardware takes a while, it's not a simple port job that takes a weeks worth of work.

tell that to the hackers. i can already play any gba/gbc/snes/nes/sega/scumm game on my 3ds(i havent checked the wii u homebrew scene, but ill be honest i doubt there is one, and 1 week was just an exaggeration) with few exceptions. yet no gba/snes/sega or scumm (but i can guess why on that one) games are out on the 3ds eshop. not even one game. i could understand an issue with licenses being a issue with some games not showing up, but NO games... get off ur ass nintendo. and the reason the wii u doesnt have a homebrew scene (i assume) is cause people have to bypass the systems security and not because they cant get the emulation right. i mention all that just to show that it doesnt take as long as nintendo takes to get this stuff done (idk if the hackers did it in a week, but they did it faster than nintendo). and that there is a way to already do it, yet they just refuse to, and i know they wouldnt use the same emulation software as a hacker, but if a hacker could do it so can nintendo.

also, they obviously have an snes/nes emulator for the wii u (since you can buy f-zero and punch out) and yet there are only two game out between those two consoles...

im tired of waiting and im tired of excuses.

#34 Posted by TxTech1923 (662 posts) -

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="i-rock-socks"]

i-rock-socks

tell that to the hackers. i can already play any gba/gbc/snes/nes/sega/scumm game on my 3ds(i havent checked the wii u homebrew scene, but ill be honest i doubt there is one, and 1 week was just an exaggeration) with few exceptions. yet no gba/snes/sega or scumm (but i can guess why on that one) games are out on the 3ds eshop. not even one game. i could understand an issue with licenses being a issue with some games not showing up, but NO games... get off ur ass nintendo. and the reason the wii u doesnt have a homebrew scene (i assume) is cause people have to bypass the systems security and not because they cant get the emulation right. i mention all that just to show that it doesnt take as long as nintendo takes to get this stuff done (idk if the hackers did it in a week, but they did it faster than nintendo). and that there is a way to already do it, yet they just refuse to, and i know they wouldnt use the same emulation software as a hacker, but if a hacker could do it so can nintendo.

also, they obviously have an snes/nes emulator for the wii u (since you can buy f-zero and punch out) and yet there are only two game out between those two consoles...

im tired of waiting and im tired of excuses.

Wii U got cracked like five months ago through the Wii's OS as a backdoor :P On topic, it would be much more amazing at a lower price with a decent game library, it's got some games I really want, but not enough to warrant a console purchase, especially at the current price.
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
#35 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4969 posts) -

[QUOTE="fgjnfgh"]

Jaysonguy

You may only want a Wii U for one game but that's not how most people look at it.

Considering how badly the Wii U is failing to sell it doesn't make much sense for anyone to buy it right now. I mean why pay top dollar for a console that has the record now for longest period of time between retail releases?

It just doesn't have the software, I'm glad you like it and all but there needs to be more than one game to buy it for.

There may not be many of those games right now, so yea a lot of ppl are going to hold off. Obviously the TC, you and I didn't hold off. He's just recommending that Wii U board users who may have not got a Wii U yet try the system out, and saying he is planning to buy the system soon. Why do you have to talk about whether its a good buy for people other than the TC? He isn't telling you to buy it, or for more non-Wii U board users to buy it he's telling you to try New Super Mario Bros U (which he mistakenly labels NSMB2)

I just find it odd that you want to tell someone who is seeming to have a perfectly fine time raving about something nice he experienced by saying "hey over here there are people, maybe in larger numbers than you, who have the opposite opinion of you!"

#36 Posted by fgjnfgh (2638 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="fgjnfgh"]

bonesawisready5

There may not be many of those games right now, so yea a lot of ppl are going to hold off. Obviously the TC, you and I didn't hold off. He's just recommending that Wii U board users who may have not got a Wii U yet try the system out, and saying he is planning to buy the system soon. Why do you have to talk about whether its a good buy for people other than the TC? He isn't telling you to buy it, or for more non-Wii U board users to buy it he's telling you to try New Super Mario Bros U (which he mistakenly labels NSMB2)

I just find it odd that you want to tell someone who is seeming to have a perfectly fine time raving about something nice he experienced by saying "hey over here there are people, maybe in larger numbers than you, who have the opposite opinion of you!"

^^ yeh lol.

Avatar image for TheRaiderNation
#37 Posted by TheRaiderNation (1653 posts) -

I bought both the gamecube and Wii to play nintendo first party exclusives (mainly the zelda of zelda franchise).

I did game on the gamecube alot, but outside of playing both Wii zelda games, majority of my time was actaully spend playing virtual console games. At the end of the day I just didn't spend alot of time playing the Wii and while I really enjoyed both Zelda games, it just didn't seem worthwhile that I purchased a Wii.

I bring this us because I just can't justify buying a Wii U for 1st party nintendo exclusives. Yes they are high quality games that always deliver and I have loved the nintendo franchises since I started gaming as a kid, but its tough to reason buying a $300 - $350 console for only a few games.

#38 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4874 posts) -
The Wii U certainly has the potential to be amazing, but as it is currently it's not amazing, just good.
#39 Posted by rickliao (60 posts) -
It's pretty great overall.
#40 Posted by mariokart64fan (20115 posts) -
ok im lol at the person who said you shouldnt buy it because others arent i detecting jealousy its tcs choice and i am in agreeance wit him its an awsome system that deserves a chance
#41 Posted by Jaysonguy (39198 posts) -

ok im lol at the person who said you shouldnt buy it because others arent i detecting jealousy its tcs choice and i am in agreeance wit him its an awsome system that deserves a chancemariokart64fan

What the *(#@*&(@#?

Jealous of what? The no games?

The record drought of games where no games at all were released? The awful ports? The devs that are leaving the console?

Who is jealous of that?