Wii U Info and Discussion Thread - (Lots of Games, Pics and Vids!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#151 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I found this

http://d.iplsc.com/ebi/35773/Raport_IIQ_2012-08gotowy.pdf

Translation

In April of 2012. The Farm 51 Group completed the procedure of obtaining status as official developer of games for Microsoft Xbox 360 and Sony PlayStation 3. By way of a successful team performance verification of the Issuer and its potential to creating high quality products at the most prestigious platform for issuing today games, the Issuer acquired the possibility of self-production of new titles as an independent entity, which is one of the key objectives of the strategy associated with the launch of the game "Adventurer" and future original projects.

In June of 2012. A similar procedure has been completed regarding Nintendo, the third largest operator in the stationary consoles market. The Farm 51 Group developer has obtained an official game development license for the Wii U, whose premiere is planned in the fourth quarter of 2012.It should be noted that unlike the Xbox 360 platform and PlayStation 3, which are available on the market for several years, the opportunity to create games for the Wii U before the planned market launch is made available only to developers who are are planning to release titles in the coming years particularly of interest to Nintendo. In this case, not only the history but experience and current status of the issuer was analyzed, as well as the market potential for future products. The issuer has taken this action in cooperation with the publisher Nordic Games, in plans involving production and release of new games in the series "Painkiller" for the Wii U.

GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#152 GamerEye
Member since 2011 • 1607 Posts

I found this

Translation

In April of 2012. The Farm 51 Group completed the procedure of obtaining status as official developer of games for Microsoft Xbox 360 and Sony PlayStation 3. By way of a successful team performance verification of the Issuer and its potential to creating high quality products at the most prestigious platform for issuing today games, the Issuer acquired the possibility of self-production of new titles as an independent entity, which is one of the key objectives of the strategy associated with the launch of the game "Adventurer" and future original projects.

In June of 2012. A similar procedure has been completed regarding Nintendo, the third largest operator in the stationary consoles market. The Farm 51 Group developer has obtained an official game development license for the Wii U, whose premiere is planned in the fourth quarter of 2012.It should be noted that unlike the Xbox 360 platform and PlayStation 3, which are available on the market for several years, the opportunity to create games for the Wii U before the planned market launch is made available only to developers who are are planning to release titles in the coming years particularly of interest to Nintendo. In this case, not only the history but experience and current status of the issuer was analyzed, as well as the market potential for future products. The issuer has taken this action in cooperation with the publisher Nordic Games, in plans involving production and release of new games in the series "Painkiller" for the Wii U.

super600

Interesting...though I'm having a hard time understanding what I'm reading :P

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

I found this

Translation

GamerEye

Ninty is trying to get devs to create interesting and good launch titles and future games.

GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 GamerEye

[QUOTE="GamerEye"]

[QUOTE="super600"]

I found this

Translation

super600

Ninty is trying to get devs to create interesting and good launch titles and future games.

Ah, I figured.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 super600  Moderator

Sing is now Sing Party

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012/08/16/sing-is-now-sing-party/

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#156 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Sing is now Sing Party

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012/08/16/sing-is-now-sing-party/

super600

Lovely, still not going to buy it, lol.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#157 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/08/26/super-mario-galaxy-2-5-demo-now-available/You can only play this if you have Homebrew or Riivolution to play, as well as a retail Super Mario Galaxy 2 disc.

Tak Fujii asking about Goemon on Twitter I had to put this somewhere.

ZombiU - more details on missions, staff size, characters and online interactions

http://wiiudaily.com/biker-bash-wii-u/ I almost forgot about this game. Its made by the same people that are making Project Cars.

Umbra Software Is An Official Wii U Partner How good is Umbra Software?

Developers Managed To Increase Wii U Framerate

Tank! Tank! Tank! - Gamescom trailer

Tank! Tank! Tank! - direct-feed footage

Tank! Tank! Tank! - more off-screen footage

New Multiplayer Modes For Aliens Colonial Marines Shown(Trailer)

JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#158 JollyGreenOne
Member since 2011 • 1001 Posts

Well, after crawling the webz for the past few hours I am glad to say that the thread has been updated. There's some new info and a TON of great new vids! To see what's been added just take a peek below... And hey, why not look at some recent news while you're down there!?

Cant wait to pwn some n00bs won da toiletCommandoMii

With the Wii U you'll feel like a king, while sitting on your throne. You can take care of business, while you 'take care of business'! You can battle in fields, while you're answering the call of du... I'll stop now.

:P

@GameboyTroy

Thanks again for the links, Gameboy!

~Section Updates~

Note: In each game section the newest videos are at the top, and the oldest are at the bottom.

- Added a Netflix on Wii U Preview to the Nintendo Network section

- Added the Miiverse Promo Trailer from E3 2012 to the Miiverse section

- Added a Video Preview to the LEGO City: Undercover section

- Added 4 videos to the Aliens: Colonial Marines section

- Added 6 videos to the Assassin's Creed III section

- Added more info and a Weapons & Skills Trailer to the Darksiders II section

- Added 3 pictures to the FIFA 13 section

- Added 3 videos to the Injustice: Gods Among Us section

- Added more info, 1 picture and 7 videos to the Project CARS section

- Added 3 videos to the Rayman Legends section

- Added a Gamescom Trailer to the Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed section

- Added a Gamescom Trailer to the TANK! TANK! TANK! section

- Added Wii U version info and the First Wii U and Steam Trailer to the Toki Tori 2 section

- Added 2 videos to the ZombiU section

If I missed any new official trailers or high quality videos let me know.

And I highly recommend checking out the info and vids in the Project CARS section. I'm not really into racing simulators, but this one looks pretty good and the Wii U exclusive features sound nice.

~Recent News~

Wayforward talk success on eShop, iOS vs. eShop, working on Shantae title for Wii U:

bDZ6K.jpg

"Nintendojo: First of all, thank you so much for joining us. Generally speaking, WayForward has always been there delivering exceptional content, doing good licensed games and taking advantage of digital distribution, which you guys have done exceptionally well.

Voldi Way: Yeah, we love it, were thrilled, like, any chance we get, you know, because, um- I've heard people are down on the eShop and stuff, and I dont get it, unless they just- I don't know. We love it. Honestly I wish we could do more, it's just we keep getting busy doing work-for-hire projects, and so we have a whole list of things we want to do and the only thing holding us back actually is just time. You know how your personal projects take a back seat for the ones youre getting paid, and our original stuff still only accounts for like 7% of our total revenue, so like 93% is what pays the bills. (laughs)

But yeah, we love it. If we had our way, wed come out with a new eShop game every month.

-----

ND: Do you notice a big difference in terms of working with Sony versus working with Nintendo or any of the other services?

Voldi: Well Sony it's hard to say because we've only put Champs, which was like a port. iOS I can say, uh- on the one hand it's easy because they have no review. I mean basically in a few days your submission is up. If there are bugs, you know, they don't patch them.

Nintendo is a lot longer process, but that said, our sales are, like, orders of magnitude better on eShop than iOS. Well iOS, you know, it's so hit-or-miss, and it's like you blend in to the 500,000 other apps, and if you get lucky and have an Angry Birds, then its great, but it's just a total crap shoot, you know, whereas on Nintendo I think we have enough fans who will at least try that even on our weaker-selling games like Mighty Milky Way or something, you know, which was a total experiment- I don't know if you have even seen that one- but we're still really happy with sales. I like the eShop. And Nintendo's been really good to us. They feature us, I think, almost every week since it's been out they have featured us in some random category or another, like "Games with Strong Female Leads" or um- one time we were in a "Games That Don't Suck," so I guess that's good. (laughs)

ND: That's always a compliment. (laughs)

Voldi: Yeah, yeah, whereas on the App Store you're lucky I mean we did get featured with Shantae for a few weeks, but it's tough, you know. And they get like a hundred submissions a week, I think, that they have to pick from. Maybe more, I don't know.

ND: Speaking of Shantae, is there anything coming down the pipeline that you can talk about?

Voldi: Um, I mean, I wish I could say something specific, but we are working on it. Like I would expect to see it on, you know, Wii U, it's just, I don't want to commit to a time because it always gets even though we have been working on it, you know, like I said it gets pushed to the back burner, so originally we were hoping to have something for launch, but that's clearly not going to happen. But yeah, Shantae is definitely in the works, and the last one, Risky's Revenge, kind of left off on a down note, so we have to address that, right? So yeah, definitely more Shantae, for sure."

First they announce Mighty Switch Force! HD and now there's a Shantae on the way!? The future of Wii U's eShop is looking heavenly.

To see the full interview with Wayforward's 'tyrannical overlord' Voldi Way click over to:

http://www.nintendojo.com/features/interviews/e3-2012-interview-with-wayforward

Injustice: GAU - Won't use GamePad in a gimmicky way, play against DLC characters without buying, auto-tweaks and no on-disc DLC:

tumblr_m8inxjgg1u1qclj94o1_500.jpg

"Right now, all the systems are in parity with the same feature sets. We're obviously going to have some conversation about the Wii U's unique controller and how to use it in a fighting game that's not just a gimmick. I don't want to just have a touchscreen that shows all the secret moves and you just press them to fire them off. Thankfully the game isn't out until next year, but it's certainly not something that we've cracked yet." - Ed Boon

"In Mortal Kombat we had downloadable characters. We want to come up with a way to push all that information onto people's machines so if I buy some character that was available for download, you would have it on your machine and I would be able to fight against you online. We're coming up with a great automated system to make sure I can use my character against anybody and everything's compatible." - Ed Boon

Boon also confirmed that any DLC made available for the game will actually be DLC, instead of on-disc content that gets unlocked.

"All of the DLC stuff will be downloadable. We're not going to have it on the disc already and you unlock it. We want to make sure we get it onto people's machines."

Finally, Boon discussed the system at work that allows your game to be updated and tweaked without you actually having to manually download anything.

"It'll be all in the background. We can tune nobs and get it on everybody's machine. Let's say there's a punch, and you animate it at a certain speed. If you decide the punch is too fast, we have the ability to go into that code and find the speed, let's say it's playing at 2x speed, we can change that to 1.8, or 1.7, and slow it down slightly for everybody's machine. Everybody's machine, when it goes online, it looks for any changes and then grabs them and puts them on the machine. That's the idea of keeping everybody the same. Inevitably with fighting games you can balance it as much as you can, but once millions of people get their hands on it, somebody will inevitably find advantages. So we can dial that down."

It sounds like they're putting a lot of thought into the game, hope it turns out well.

SOURCES:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=181554
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=183774

Ninja Gaiden 3 on Wii U is the "hardcore fan package", Wii U Dev Kit has Improved since E3:

tumblr_m6p508GyFf1r08jhgo2_1280.jpg

"Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge on Wii U will be the "hardcore fan package" of the game, developer Team Ninja has said.

It will improve on the previously-released PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions, which Team Ninja boss Yosuke Hayashi told Eurogamer could have better served fans.

"We left out some of the things the series was well-known for. We did leave some of our fans out," Hayashi admitted, adding that the Wii U version had given the team a chance to relaunch the game.

"We had this opportunity to put those hardcore aspects back in. It's kind of the hardcore fan package of Ninja Gaiden 3." The PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions were Team Ninja's "brand new approach" to the series. But it had mixed results.

"There were good elements and bad elements of it," Hayashi said, explaining that the team had taken on board feedback from the original version. "Obviously there are new things in there too, but we shouldn't try and throw out what Team Ninja is good at."

Eurogamer has already had a peek at Ninja Gaiden 3 on Wii U - an E3 build which lacked the technical fidelity of the original. But this was just an early version, Hayashi reassured.

"We had to drop polygons, characters, stages, play around with the frame-rate to get it out there. It was a really rough version. But the Wii U devkit has since improved and we're now working on updated hardware. The E3 version was not good."

Well, third time's a charm, right?

SOURCE:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-15-ninja-gaiden-3-on-wii-u-is-the-hardcore-fan-package

Details about ZombiU's brutal difficulty, survival mode, and the original concept for ZombiU:

3.jpg

"We really want to target and challenge the gamers with ZombiU because this game is very hard. So for example when you finish the game you will unlock a new mode called Survival Mode. You will have to finish the game with only one life and only one character. We know there are a lot of gamers expecting a lot with the Wii U, so that's why we want to deliver this experience and dedicate it to the gamers." - Ubisoft Monpellier's international product manager Nicolai Bouchai

"As we already knew, ZombiU originally started out as Killer Freaks From Outer Space. The thing is, that's not the only concept the game existed in.

rab_soucoupe03copyz5q07.jpg
2v3qrr.jpg

You're looking at artwork for Attack of the Killer Rabbids from Outer Space, which was a 360/PS3 project back in 2010. This is what morphed into Killer Freaks, which then turned to ZombiU." - GoNintendo

Go here to see more concept art: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=183131

It's interesting to see how much a game can change in just a few years. Honestly, I'm glad they didn't use the Rabbids. Because (just taking a guess here) based on the ending of 'Rabbids Go Home' where they...

[spoiler] ...blast-off into outer space, this may have been a sequel at some point. And I would've been very disappionted if they went from; fun and crazy platformer to blood and gore shooter. [/spoiler]

Even though ZombiU may be seen as the 'safe' or 'generic' choice, I think it's a smart one -- judging by what they've shown so far.

SOURCE:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=183131

Capcom considered Wii U version of Remember Me, decided against it:

FHTPK.jpg

"As for WiiU, this project was started many years ago, long before WiiU was even a twinkle in Nintendo's eye. We explored the idea of adding a SKU, but in the name of keeping the team focused and not adding dev tasks for the team to get up to speed on new hardware and time to the schedule, we've opted to keep it on the original platforms for which it was planned." - Capcom's Christian Svensson

Too bad they don't have enough time to spread the love. Maybe we'll eventually see a 'Remember Me: Unlocked Edition'?;):P

Here's the first trailer for anyone that doesn't remember it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULQzVRcCu0s

SOURCE:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=183312

RUMOR - Nintendo offering devs bigger cut of digital revenue when compared to XBLA/PSN:

7402694398_004c2c603f_z.jpg

"After asking multiple people, it seems developers receive a larger cut of revenue putting games on Wii U's eshop than XBLA/PSN. And that applies to both digital downloads for retail games and small indie eshop games on Wii U eshop. Publishers would be smart to make Wii U retail games available as digital downloads. Nintendo aggressively seeking indie games." - Emily Rogers

This sounds fairly believable with the way developers have been talking about the eShop lately.

SOURCE:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=184127

Two Tribes - Wii U GamePad screen updates faster than some TVs:

tumblr_m53l73gkmb1qjjdeao1_500.jpg

"A portion of an NES interview with Two Tribes' Collin Van Ginkel...

NES: Two Tribes has said there's no slowdown when playing the game on Wii Us GamePad instead of television. What are some things that can cause slowdown for any game running on the controller?

CvG: It's even the opposite. In our test setups we see the GamePad screen updating quicker than our LCD TV's if we send the exact same image to both. My guess, but this is pure speculation, is that the only time you may have missing visuals, and thus a delayed update, is when the signal breaks down when you move too far away from the console."

This isn't the first time this has been said, but this is coming from someone who has some experience with Wii U hardware.

Go here to see the full interview:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=184156

Incase you missed it - Wii U Event Happening September 13th In NYC:

1yn6P.jpg

"Nintendo of America's Reggie Fils-Aime is hosting a Wii U event on September 13th, 2012. Select media and press are invited to the event. Speculation about the Wii U's pricing and release date has been all over the place, it's almost certain that this event will detail both and the launch line up/window as well."

I'm looking forward to knowing more about the Wii U, but I'm not expecting anything big to be shown here. Tokyo Game Show is starting a week after this event, so I hope third-parties will announce a few Wii U games there.

SOURCE:

http://panicgamer.com/News-detail/wii-u-event-happening-september-13th-in-nyc/

GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 GamerEye

Nice update Jolly.

Also...when are you going to update the 3DS one? :P

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Gamingclone

Great update, Netflix is looking great, lol.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 super600  Moderator

OMG if true.

http://gengame.net/2012/08/wii-u-pricing-release-date-leaked/

GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 GamerEye

OMG if true.

super600

I some how doubt it.

JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 JollyGreenOne

OMG if true.

super600

This rumor might've been somewhat believable if they had said something like "It costs Nintendo 'X' amount to produce Wii U," but there's no way that Nintendo will price it that low. It could damage the sales of the 3DS, especially the XL which they just released a little while ago. (The vice versa could also happen with 3DS hurting Wii U sales.)

We'll know the real release date and price in just about 2 short weeks. :)

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

OMG if true.

super600
I could potentially believe it, though it is very unlikely.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#165 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
lol yeah right. I'm sticking with the price being $349
GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 GameboyTroy

Nintendo Partnering With GameStop To Live Broadcast September Wii U Event

Unannounced Medieval Fantasy RPG Heading To WiiU?

Namco Bandai To Announce Wii U Titles At Tokyo GameShow?

Ubisoft Promises New Announcement This Week

Michel Ancel very high up on Wii U, talks 'enormous' memory, new Rayman Legends info, BG&E 2 future

New Nintendo Land game revealed - Metroid Blast

Nintendo Land - more attraction details, Balloon Fight: Trip Breeze attraction revealed

Nintendo Confirms Wii U To Be Showcased In Final Form This Thursday

Nintendo has confirmed that the Wii U will be showcased in its final form later this week, September 13th, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. EST, during the Wii U Previewin New York City. Fans can watch the conference on Nintendo's own website, YouTube Channel, or Facebook page.

Unannounced Wii U Game Should Be Revealed Thursday During NYC Nintendo Event

Heres The Castle Rock Footage From Rayman Legends

I'll keep adding links to this post.

By the end of this month I won't be on this site for a while because I probably won't have internet accessand won't be able to post any news for a while.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 super600  Moderator

Appear posts.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 super600  Moderator

Lol!:lol:

http://thedailypixel.com/2012/09/09/thanos-insists-hes-more-powerful-than-the-wii-u/

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Sepewrath
Amusing, Nintendo better watch it, Thanos does have a habit of destroying all existence when he gets upset.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 super600  Moderator

This is true according ot a dev that goes by the username Iherre on neogaf.

http://www.vgleaks.com/world-exclusive-wii-u-final-specs/

Why the heck are they reusing parts from the Wii's CPU if this is true.:cry:

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 super600  Moderator

Some devs have talked about the rumor I leaked above and the rumor is true

Search in this neogaf thread for more info.Look for a user named Arkam in this thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=490844&page=28

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

Search in this neogaf thread for more info.Look for a user named Arkam in this thread.

super600

Are you really that gullable..?

"Some random user claiming to be a dev confirming random rumor from random person claiming to know tech info" MUST BE TRUE!

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I can't wait for official price and release date so I can preorder mine and start the countdown.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

WreckEm711

"Some random user claiming to be a dev confirming random rumor from random person claiming to know tech info" MUST BE TRUE!

Devs are screened on neogaf.;)

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="super600"]

super600

Brand new user, completely contradictory information to the OFFICIAL release by AMD saying its a Power7 variation.

Yeah, super legit :roll:

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

WreckEm711

Brand new user, completely contradictory information to the OFFICIAL release by AMD saying its a Power7 variation.

Yeah, super legit :roll:

Neogaf is a site were devs and industry insiders post.Their are some non-industy insiders that post on that site.And I think the WiiU will have a Power7 CPU that makes Wii BC possible.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#178 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

Here's what could make the $199 rumour plausible:

1- Multiple SKUs, and the base SKU is waayyy stripped down. One console, one gamepad, no game, very small hard drive. Great idea imo.

2- Nintendo sells at a loss like they did with the 3DS. Nintendo has built up a huge war chest from all the hardware and software sales. Literally billions of dollars. Now is the time to push that advantage. Build up a sizable userbase before the next MS and Sony consoles even release.

Even this is pushing it still... I would have thought they might hit the $199 mark after a price cut as the other consoles launch. We'll see soon

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Gamingclone

Hey Jolly, i hope your ready to post the megaton of info from the Wii U preview ;)

JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 JollyGreenOne

Hey Jolly, i hope your ready to post the megaton of info from the Wii U preview ;)

Gamingclone

Don't worry... I'm ready. :cool:

It might take me a while to get everything updated, but I'll be sure to let you all know what's been changed when I'm finished.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 WreckEm711

Nintendo TVii looks AWESOME :O

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 GameboyTroy

Tons of Wii U game trailers-(ZombiU, Assassin's Creed 3, Rayman Legends Interview, Your Shape FitnessEvovled)

Wii U trailers- Nintendo Land, New Super Mario Bros. U, Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate

More Wii U trailers- Sizzle Reel, Nintendo TVii, Bayonetta 2

Even more Wii U trailers- Ninja Gaiden 3, LEGO City Undercover, The Wonderful 101 (Project P-100)

More Wii U trailers- ZombiU, Rayman Legends, Warriors Orochi 3, Sports Connection, Aliens Colonial Marines

The Wii U trailers keep on coming- Your Shape Fitness 2013, Marvel's Avengers, Tank! Tank! Tank!

Wii U game trailers- Nano Assault Neo, Trine 2: Director's Cut, Toki Tori 2, Activision reel, Internet browser

Nintendo TVii Included With Every Wii U In North America No SubscribtionCosts

Official stills of Wii U sku's, NSMB U box art, Nintendo TVii, Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Activision Announces Wii U Launch Window Games, Includes 007Legends

Nintendo Announces Nov. 18 Launch Date and Details for Revolutionary Wii U Console

Wii U Basic Costs $300 In North America, Deluxe$350

Nintendo Network Premium - points back depends on publisher

Wii U Black Deluxe Set Announced For North America, Will Include NintendoLand

Xenoblade Developer Reconfirmed To Be Working On Wii U Game

GAME- Wii U prices, ZombiU Premium package available in Europe

Japan Will Get A Monster Hunter Ultimate Wii U 32GB Bundle

Wii U Pro Controller To Cost $49.99 In NorthAmerica

Wii U - 'What's in the box' infographics

Want to transfer your Wii content to Wii U? Better keep that Wii!

Nintendo of Europe Wii U presentation recap

http://wiiudaily.com/wii-u-games-list/

I'll keep adding links to this post.

By the end of this month I won't be on this site for a while because I probably won't have internet access and won't be able to post any news for a while.

GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 GunSmith1_basic
it seems to me that the deluxe model is the way to go. Only 50 bucks more and it has a lot of extras, including a game.
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Gamingclone

it seems to me that the deluxe model is the way to go. Only 50 bucks more and it has a lot of extras, including a game.GunSmith1_basic

yes it is :) I know Im getting it ;)

JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 JollyGreenOne

I gotta say, the Wii U Pre-Launch presentations were honestly pretty good! There were a good amount of games shown that I plan to get eventually, the bundles were a nice surprise; I guessed the correct price for the standard set, and Full-screen Local Multiplayer looks great!

I'm really looking forward to getting the system now, but I'm still going to try and wait a few months before I pick one up. (Though, Nintendo is making that hard for me. :P)

~Section Updates~

- Gave a small update to the Wii U GamePad section
- Gave a small update to the Wii U Pro Controller section
- Gave a small update to the Wii U Hardware section (The system's gotten a bit longer since E3 2012)
- Added a Wii U Hardware Bundles, Launch Dates & Prices section
- Added a 'About Nintendo TVii' section

That's all for now. I'll be updating the game sections next, and I'd like to have them fully updated by this time next week...but...no promises. :? (And you might notice some minor layout changes.)

GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 GamerEye

I was a bit worried I was going to be dissapointed in what they showed, but I'm glad I was wrong. I must say, the game I'm very excited for is Nano Assault: Neo. I wonder...when is that game launching?

Also I'm very happy with the price. I'll be able to adford it as well as a few games. Color me excited!

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Gamingclone

Great update Jolly!

Out of all the games they showed off at the Preview, which do you think looked the most impressive, Jolly?

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#188 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

And just to prove I have too much time on my hands....
Titles expected to be here from now until March.

NBA 2K13
Jett Tailfin
FIFA Soccer '13
Madden NFL '13
Mass Effect 3
Toki Tori 2
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Marvel Avengers Battle For Earth
ZombiU
Rabbids Land
Just Dance 4
Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013
Sports Connection
Assassin's Creed 3
Rayman Legends
Nano Assault Neo
Aliens Colonial Marines
Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed
Trine 2 : Director's Cut
Tank! Tank! Tank!
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Darksiders 2
Jeopardy
Wheel of Fortune
Funky Barn
Call of Duty Black Ops 2
Wipeout 3
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013
007 Legends
Skylanders Giants
Transformers Prime
Rapala Pro Bass Fishing
Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Game Party Champions
Batman Arkham City Armored Edition
Zumba Fitness Core
Ben 10 Omniverse
Rise of the Guardians The Video Game
Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
(Bit Trip) Runner 2
Lego City Undercover
New Super Mario Bros U
Sing Party
Game & Wario
Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge
Nintendo Land
Pikmin 3
Wii Fit U
The Wonderful 101

g00dw0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 g00dw0rk
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
hey guys if yall dont mind me asking, right now i have 3ds and its been so fun, but a lot of mifriend got home consoles so theyall like to brag about trophies and achivement, does wii u have it? i havent watch the presentation yet, but nonetheless ill bought that awesome thing, God bless nintendo big ol smile from me *=*
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Gamingclone

hey guys if yall dont mind me asking, right now i have 3ds and its been so fun, but a lot of mifriend got home consoles so theyall like to brag about trophies and achivement, does wii u have it? i havent watch the presentation yet, but nonetheless ill bought that awesome thing, God bless nintendo big ol smile from me *=*g00dw0rk

Yes, I forget what they are called though.

dreamdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 dreamdude
Member since 2006 • 4627 Posts

Xenoblade Developers making another game for the WiiU??:o

This pleases me greatly!

rubber-chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 rubber-chicken
Member since 2009 • 2081 Posts
Can someone please explain what TVii is? Is it like a service provider for television channels like NBC and FOX or something?
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Sepewrath
You know like those websites, that say they allow you to manage your Facebook, Twitter and such waste of time social media all at once? That is what Nintendo TVii is. It has a bunch of content on it and it basically finds all the services that the content is available on and allows you to watch it. Like lets say a movie on Netflix, Hulu and Amazon, when you select the video, it will present you the option to use whichever of those service you want. How exactly it will work with live TV and Tivo, I don't know, I assume Nintendo has struck up deals with television providers.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 AutoPilotOn
Can someone please explain what TVii is? Is it like a service provider for television channels like NBC and FOX or something?rubber-chicken
Its more of a central hub for your current services. You search by tv show or popular or recommended by people on your friends lists and it links you to all of your avaible sources to the show. Be it live TV (cable, satelite) Hulu, netflix, DVR, or whatever. Nintendo did a good presentation on it for the wiiu announcement. I recommend watching it to see it for yourself.
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Gamingclone

[QUOTE="rubber-chicken"]Can someone please explain what TVii is? Is it like a service provider for television channels like NBC and FOX or something?AutoPilotOn
Its more of a central hub for your current services. You search by tv show or popular or recommended by people on your friends lists and it links you to all of your avaible sources to the show. Be it live TV (cable, satelite) Hulu, netflix, DVR, or whatever. Nintendo did a good presentation on it for the wiiu announcement. I recommend watching it to see it for yourself.

slightly off subject, but I really liked the music they used doing the trailer for Nintendo TVii :)

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Gamingclone

Oh yeah, if you go to Gamestop.com and try preorder the Deluxe Wii U, you'll be out of luck because its sold out.

Link to Wii U page on Gamestop

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 AutoPilotOn
best buy is sold out now I guess as well. Hopefully you preordered one if you wanted one.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 AutoPilotOn
best buy is sold out now I guess as well. Hopefully you preordered one if you wanted one.
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Gamingclone

I think my brother is going to Target now to preorder the Deluxe Wii U, I pray it hasnt sold out yet.

GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 GunSmith1_basic

Xenoblade Developers making another game for the WiiU??:o

This pleases me greatly!

dreamdude