#1 Posted by wardragon (93 posts) -

So I lent a friend my Wii today. I have component cables for it but her tv is old and doesn't support component so she would need the original yellow Red and white cables which I don't have. Is there a way to connect one of the component cables to the yellow input jack or would you need some kind of converter.

#2 Posted by KBFloYd (15028 posts) -

@wardragon said:

So I lent a friend my Wii today. I have component cables for it but her tv is old and doesn't support component so she would need the original yellow Red and white cables which I don't have. Is there a way to connect one of the component cables to the yellow input jack or would you need some kind of converter.

you cant do that... you need some type of converter.

the wii comes with composite cables(yellow/red/white) what did you do with it?

#3 Posted by JordanElek (18180 posts) -

You could play in black and white that way. At least, I think that's what happens when you plug only one component cable in.

You don't have an old Nintendo system lying around? The Wii uses the same exact cables as those, going back at least to the N64, maybe the SNES, I can't remember.

#4 Edited by wardragon (93 posts) -

@KBFloYd: @JordanElek: I threw the composite cables out when I bought the component ones didn't think I'd be needing them again lol and no I have no old nintendo systems

#5 Edited by XboxStache (1132 posts) -

Composite cables are dirt cheap. If you don't have one for Wii, I believe you can use the standard composites from Gamecube or N64 on the Wii, If I'm correct.

Better alternative, look on Amazon...they're literally a penny excluding shipping. So 4 bucks or less. I have loads of them; but never use them.

#6 Posted by JuanGrande386 (1115 posts) -

Wow noone hear knows wtf theyre talking about! The Wii can NOT use the SNES, N64, Gamecube cable! Its a different port, I remember tons of people crying about it when the Wii was released.

#7 Posted by dilepoutee (25 posts) -

doea AV converter suit??