Wii in Black & White

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Flashtuff (25 posts) -
I hooked up my wii to another TV, using VGA cables that came with the Wii. Then when I hooked up my Wii BACK onto my TV (Using component cables) it's now black & white. And I can't even change my TV resolution back to 480p for my TV.
#2 Posted by Flashtuff (25 posts) -
It seems as if my component cables are all plugged in correctly as well. And despite what combinations I'm using, the wii STILL won't turn to color, and I STILL can't change my TV resolutions. It's frustrating.
#3 Posted by LordQuorthon (5388 posts) -

You have traveled in time to the early 60s. Be sure to tell people that you created this TV game apparatus and you will be insanely rich.

#4 Posted by T3H_1337_N1NJ4 (2144 posts) -

Did you mess with the refresh rate? 50hz/60hz? (It's in the Wii settings)

#5 Posted by PoindeJ (686 posts) -

You have to go into the Wii settings and make sure you select "480p" when you're using component cables, if your were using different ones before (or vice versa).

If that's the problem, it should fix it - happened to me before.

#6 Posted by Flashtuff (25 posts) -

You have to go into the Wii settings and make sure you select "480p" when you're using component cables, if your were using different ones before (or vice versa).

If that's the problem, it should fix it - happened to me before.

PoindeJ
I can't select 480p, it won't let me. I know it would fix it but for some reason Nintendo won't let me select 480p (and this is with component cables plugged in, black and white)
#7 Posted by GabuEx (36552 posts) -

Are you sure you did not plug it into a black and white TV?

#8 Posted by Flashtuff (25 posts) -

Did you mess with the refresh rate? 50hz/60hz? (It's in the Wii settings)

T3H_1337_N1NJ4
I'm not sure how to do this.
#9 Posted by Omzzz (1440 posts) -
Check again if you put the component cables in the correct ports
#10 Posted by Flashtuff (25 posts) -
Check again if you put the component cables in the correct portsOmzzz
I did, and tried a bunch of different conbos. So far nothing. I really cannot figure it out. The last time I had this problem I simply changed it to 480p, but now my wii won't evne let me do that.
#11 Posted by martinX3X (4488 posts) -

You have traveled in time to the early 60s. Be sure to tell people that you created this TV game apparatus and you will be insanely rich.

LordQuorthon
lol! :D
#12 Posted by Flashtuff (25 posts) -
And by the way.... the Wii works with VGA cables on another TV. I just can't get it to work with component cables on my TV. And once again, the Wii won't let select that damn 480p option
#13 Posted by XboxGuy1537 (2360 posts) -

You probably plugged the componet cables into the wrong areas.....or you time traveled like another user said.

#14 Posted by Flashtuff (25 posts) -

You probably plugged the componet cables into the wrong areas.....or you time traveled like another user said.

XboxGuy1537
I haven't. I been trying different combos all day, and I've had it plugged into this TV for years. It just really seems like the Wii isn't recognizing that it's an HDTV, and that's why I can't click on the 480p option, which would solve the problem. I'll try to move around the component cables again but it hasn't worked so far.
#15 Posted by T3H_1337_N1NJ4 (2144 posts) -
Although by reading your newer posts I'm no longer really sure about this... To check the refresh rate: Wii Settings -> Screen -> TV Type -> 50/60hz As I write this I'm realizing that's the same thing the poster after me said... Ah well! Sorry, can't help you more!
#16 Posted by 19061980 (961 posts) -

What component cables are you using? Sounds like they're knackered to me.

#17 Posted by kayoticdreamz (3347 posts) -
put me down as another vote for time travel.
#18 Posted by Vikthorious (201 posts) -

is your wii pal(european) or ntsc (american), and your tv is it working on ntsc or pal system...?

this usuallly happens when you hook up a pal system to a ntsc tv (or at least the tv setting ar in ntsc mode)