Why is my ds game not working? PLEASE HELP!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by transformers709 (26 posts) -

I bought Final Fantasy 4 used from Amazon.com and put it in my ds. All it does is go to a white screen when you start it........it'll work if you tap on the game while its in the system but then it just goes to the white screen again! I know there's nothing wrong with my ds because every other game i have works! Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks in advance!

#2 Posted by Kirbi-K (347 posts) -
The Game might be broke I once bought a faulty game from amazon easy way for people to get money simmilar to your story but black screen
#3 Posted by SiK99 (1673 posts) -
Try checking the contacts on the back of the game. You might have to clean them off...maybe they are dirty (look worn)?
#4 Posted by hydralisk86 (8637 posts) -
LIke Kirbi-K said, it might be broken, or the seller sold you a knock off.
#5 Posted by ACL0V3R (2273 posts) -

Here's what I did to make mine work once. I took a thick-ish cloth and a toothpick and just rubbed back and forth a little bit on each reader, it's not as hard and doesn't take as long as it sounds :)

#6 Posted by DSREPAIRCASE (5 posts) -
The same company that made the UMD Replacement cases, Multimedia Recovery, has a solution for this out now. It's a DS Replacement Game Case. You can take apart your old game clean the contacts off and re-case it in a cool new case! Here's a link on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-DS-Replacement-Video-Cases-Repair/dp/B0048G3HTS/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1289325097&sr=8-16 . You should see it on the website and eBay soon as well. www.umdcase.com