Who's getting Animal Crossing New Leaf this weekend?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

It feels like it's been forever but the game will FINALLY be out in just a few days. This game is gonna skyrocket on my activity log once I get my hands on it! :D

#2 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11651 posts) -
I'll be downloading it from the eShop at midnight :D I don't like buying digital releases for games I can get at retail, but Animal Crossing seems like a good game to be able to take anywhere.
#3 Posted by Euaggelistes (1826 posts) -

I am getting two copies. One for my wife and one for my son.

#4 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

I'll be downloading it from the eShop at midnight :D I don't like buying digital releases for games I can get at retail, but Animal Crossing seems like a good game to be able to take anywhere.Kaze_no_Mirai

I've been debating if I should download it. I've gotten all my 3DS games as physical copies so far but AC seems like the type of game that would be really convenient in digital form.

#5 Posted by Pierst179 (10803 posts) -

Usually, around here (I live in Brazil), we have to wait a couple of weeks for games to arrive.

However, I was surprised to discover that a few gaming stores were doing launch events right on the day Dark Moon came out on the US. So, if they have the game in stock, I will certainly get it!

#6 Posted by HowlingLotus (519 posts) -

Picking it up on release day and hoping I don't get too addicted. Large backlog. 

#7 Posted by Aquat1cF1sh (10937 posts) -
Definitely, I've been counting down the days for months! :D Getting up bright and early on Sunday morning to go out and get a physical copy, as well as a guide.
#8 Posted by yokofox33 (30366 posts) -

Will be downloading it at midnight. The digital version will be much more convenient since there will be days when I just want to check in on things for 10 minutes. I don't want to constantly switch game carts.

#9 Posted by KiD_ReMiX (254 posts) -
Meeeeeeeeeeee!
#10 Posted by Yoweeh (3025 posts) -

I'm going away for my prom this weekend so I won't be getting it until I get back. But I'm still super psyched!!

#11 Posted by elchiquilin (1311 posts) -
I am, and I am going digital, this is my second downloaded game from the eshop (Awakening was the first), this is my first AC, finally I will get to see what I am missing out on.
#12 Posted by Jaysonguy (38097 posts) -

Will be downloading it at midnight. The digital version will be much more convenient since there will be days when I just want to check in on things for 10 minutes. I don't want to constantly switch game carts.

yokofox33

x a billion

Anyone who buys Animal Crossing on a cart is doing it wrong

#13 Posted by Josh5890 (1013 posts) -

I tempted to get it but I might wait for a sale. Money is tight.

#14 Posted by Bigboi500 (31309 posts) -

I'll be getting it next Wednesday.

#15 Posted by DJ_Lae (42748 posts) -
[QUOTE="Kaze_no_Mirai"]I'll be downloading it from the eShop at midnight :D I don't like buying digital releases for games I can get at retail, but Animal Crossing seems like a good game to be able to take anywhere.

It does seem like the perfect game to buy digitally. I just wish Nintendo's account/DRM implementation was a little less archaic.
#16 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4959 posts) -

Got it pre-ordered and will pick up this Sunday. I'm not sure if I'm ready for another AC but it looks good. It usually sucks my life up but that was years ago, before I got into Monster Hunter and Halo so I'm not so sure if I'll actually play it. We'll see. I'm about to finish Fire Emblem so my 3DS will need a game anyway.

#17 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4959 posts) -

[QUOTE="Kaze_no_Mirai"]I'll be downloading it from the eShop at midnight :D I don't like buying digital releases for games I can get at retail, but Animal Crossing seems like a good game to be able to take anywhere.DJ_Lae
It does seem like the perfect game to buy digitally. I just wish Nintendo's account/DRM implementation was a little less archaic.

While yes, Nintendo's DRM policies aren't terrific they ironically are the only console maker allowing your last gen content to transfer to their next-gen console.

#18 Posted by csadhoo (1462 posts) -

ill be getting the 3DS XL version next weekend :D

#19 Posted by trugs26 (5995 posts) -

I played the GCN version and loved it. I also got the Wii version and it was decent, and I skipped the DS version. My biggest problem is how similar they all were to each other - and to be honest New Leaf looks like it's going down the same road. I think I'm burnt out from the series, and maybe I'll read some more reviews on the 3DS version to see if they've changed it up a bit more this time to warrant a purchase. 

I really hope they did mix it up a little, as I'm a big fan of the series; I just don't want to play the same game again.  

#20 Posted by Moloch121 (677 posts) -
Going to the launch event but I will be getting the digital version. Anyone else going to Nintendo World?
#21 Posted by DJSAV_101 (3690 posts) -

I'm curious as to why so many people love Animal Crossing so I will be picking up my copy this weekend. :D

#22 Posted by Pffrbt (6596 posts) -

I'm not.

#23 Posted by REVOLUTIONfreak (18141 posts) -
[QUOTE="Kaze_no_Mirai"]I'll be downloading it from the eShop at midnight :D I don't like buying digital releases for games I can get at retail, but Animal Crossing seems like a good game to be able to take anywhere.

I'm in the same boat. I'm still on the fence about whether I'm buying the digital version or a retail copy, but there is something about a digital copy of this game that just "makes sense." Still, I'd be devastated if I lost my 3DS and could never retrieve my Animal Crossing content.
#24 Posted by benleslie5 (8001 posts) -

Got it on pre-order and there's also an Animal Crossing launch event on the 15th June in my area in Newcastle so I'll be going to that.

#25 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

I don't think I will get it at launch but I plan on downloading it so it is always with me since it is the perfect game to purchase digitally.

#26 Posted by -Vulpix- (2387 posts) -

I preordered it off of amazon, so I'll have to wait longer to get it.

#27 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
I'm unsure. I've played Animal Crossing City Folk on the Wii and was never really into it.
#28 Posted by thetravman (3544 posts) -

I convinced myself earlier that I wouldn't get it since I got bored of City Folk much earlier compared to Wild World. I thought it was series fatigue but now I'm tempted to pick it up again after seeing some of the newer features and the fact it's on a handheld again. It'll make a great digital download.

#29 Posted by DJ_Lae (42748 posts) -
While yes, Nintendo's DRM policies aren't terrific they ironically are the only console maker allowing your last gen content to transfer to their next-gen console.bonesawisready5
I do find that strangely amusing. At the same time it doesn't make me any more likely to buy digital from them given the lack of account system and lack of any real discount to compensate for that.
#30 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]While yes, Nintendo's DRM policies aren't terrific they ironically are the only console maker allowing your last gen content to transfer to their next-gen console.DJ_Lae
I do find that strangely amusing. At the same time it doesn't make me any more likely to buy digital from them given the lack of account system and lack of any real discount to compensate for that.

They said they are fixing it for atleast Wii U this year; I don't know if they will fix on the 3DS aswell.

They will make the Wii U account based. I hope they make the 3DS account based since both use Nintendo Network.

#31 Posted by Optical_Order (5100 posts) -

I'm thinking I might, even though I don't need another game right now. 

I might get it digitally as well. I think this is the only game I would actually consider buying digitally on the 3DS. 

#32 Posted by yokofox33 (30366 posts) -

Game scored an 8 here. Very solid score. Can't wait until Sunday. Sounds great from the review.

#33 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

Looks like the game is getting great reviews all around. This is gonna be a tough few days to wait! :|

3DS first-party sure is on a roll as of late.

#34 Posted by osan0 (13041 posts) -
im not....because its not out in europe till next weekend. still i cant be too downhearted since i will be getting it for free for buying games i was going to buy anyway. much appreciated ninty of europe :D.
#35 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
So can someone tell me why the game is worth it? I've only really played City Folk but I hear that one is bad.
#36 Posted by crispyo (1801 posts) -
So can someone tell me why the game is worth it? I've only really played City Folk but I hear that one is bad.Haziqonfire
The only reason city folk got negativity is because it was a lazy rehash of the ds version. So if you never played the ds version then city folk was great, but if you still didnt enjoy it then it musnt be your style of game.
#37 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]So can someone tell me why the game is worth it? I've only really played City Folk but I hear that one is bad.crispyo
The only reason city folk got negativity is because it was a lazy rehash of the ds version. So if you never played the ds version then city folk was great, but if you still didnt enjoy it then it musnt be your style of game.

That is why I liked Cityfolk cause I never played Wildworld; I had the most enjoyment out of the GCN game.

#39 Posted by MYNISTA (62 posts) -
Going digital at midnight! POW!
#40 Posted by Solaryellow (835 posts) -
Going to the launch event but I will be getting the digital version. Anyone else going to Nintendo World?Moloch121
Nintendo World was chaotic two months ago when there was a MH tournament going on and you couldn't even walk. I doubt it will be as bad but putting a bunch of people in a rather small store doesn't seem fun.
#41 Posted by Yomeidient (430 posts) -

I'll be picking it up off of the internet at mindnight. I've been replaying Wild World alot lately to get me into the habits. These games have a massive amount of charm.

#42 Posted by FallenAdversary (72 posts) -
My brother will be getting it when it comes out. He preordered and paid it off. He and I are both excited.
#43 Posted by Sim_genius (9562 posts) -

I'm going to get it! But I'm not sure if I want to download it or go buy it. The thing is that if I have to go out and buy it I'd have the wear pants ugh... :P

#44 Posted by REVOLUTIONfreak (18141 posts) -

I convinced myself earlier that I wouldn't get it since I got bored of City Folk much earlier compared to Wild World. I thought it was series fatigue but now I'm tempted to pick it up again after seeing some of the newer features and the fact it's on a handheld again. It'll make a great digital download.

thetravman
I think these games are meant for handhelds. I had the same experience with City Folk, and I don't think it was the game's fault -- it's just not the best game for a home console. It's more of a pain to turn on a TV and console to do your daily chores than opening a 3DS in sleep mode and getting right to it.
#45 Posted by DJ_Lae (42748 posts) -
Turns out Animal Crossing is going to be another '$10 promo' game at Future Shop here. So I can use the $10 coupon I got when I bought Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, buy Animal Crossing for $25, and then get another $10 off coupon to use for any game I want in July. If I buy digital I pay $35, I get no other discount on the game or any future game, and if I lose my 3DS I'll never see that game again.
#46 Posted by Bigboi500 (31309 posts) -

Turns out Animal Crossing is going to be another '$10 promo' game at Future Shop here. So I can use the $10 coupon I got when I bought Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, buy Animal Crossing for $25, and then get another $10 off coupon to use for any game I want in July. If I buy digital I pay $35, I get no other discount on the game or any future game, and if I lose my 3DS I'll never see that game again.DJ_Lae
If you lose that tiny cartridge you'll never see that game again.

#47 Posted by KiD_ReMiX (254 posts) -

[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]Turns out Animal Crossing is going to be another '$10 promo' game at Future Shop here. So I can use the $10 coupon I got when I bought Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, buy Animal Crossing for $25, and then get another $10 off coupon to use for any game I want in July. If I buy digital I pay $35, I get no other discount on the game or any future game, and if I lose my 3DS I'll never see that game again.Bigboi500

Better to lose that tiny cartridge than a system + all the games downloaded on it.
#48 Posted by Celsius765 (772 posts) -
im gonna get it. and change some animals catch phrase to balls, or booty or something, so if they move to a friend's town they get a surprise
#49 Posted by Bigboi500 (31309 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]Turns out Animal Crossing is going to be another '$10 promo' game at Future Shop here. So I can use the $10 coupon I got when I bought Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, buy Animal Crossing for $25, and then get another $10 off coupon to use for any game I want in July. If I buy digital I pay $35, I get no other discount on the game or any future game, and if I lose my 3DS I'll never see that game again.KiD_ReMiX

Better to lose that tiny cartridge than a system + all the games downloaded on it.

Which is more likely: losing a large 3DS system or a tiny game cartridge? I understand that it's possible for your 3DS system to be dropped and broken, or stolen, but Nintendo hardware doesn't often malfunction on its own. Cartridges can easily be lost due to their size, or stolen, or stepped on and broken.

Both digital and physical have their pros and cons. It really doesn't matter how you choose, just pick what ever is the most convenient to you.

#50 Posted by DJ_Lae (42748 posts) -

Both digital and physical have their pros and cons. It really doesn't matter how you choose, just pick what ever is the most convenient to you.

Bigboi500
Both definitely have their pros and cons, it's just that in the case of its implementation on the 3DS, digital has more cons than it does on almost every other platform. If I could be guaranteed that my purchase would be downloadable on a replacement 3DS by logging in with my account, I'd do it. As it stands you have the same ability to lose a digital purchase like you do with a physical one, which is a bit silly. Even sillier given that Animal Crossing is the perfect game to have access to all the time regardless of what other game may be in the cartridge slot.