What do you want from the NX

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nintendo4evar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1 Nintendo4evar
Member since 2016 • 197 Posts

Specs, games etc.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

splatoon 2 super princess peach 2 Mario kart 9 and super smash bros for nx.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Yes, Splatoon 2, a real Animal Crossing game, more Fire Emblem and Mario Kart, Atlas games, Namco games, a new GTA, Fallout and Elder Scrolls game or two. Power around Xbox One, connection to the TV optional. Oh yes.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#4 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts
  • 3rd party support. I want to buy AAA games for it. I don't want something that just going to be a Nintendo box again.
  • Specs on par or slightly less than the PS4 NEO
  • A strong launch lineup with a major 1st party game to showcase the system's power and features.

I can live without the second one if they can get the other two. Support is the main thing. My Wii U wouldn't even be out if my son didn't play it. It's basically a dust collector for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

Well let's see!

*checks notes*

Ahem!

A great controller: How they are gonna get a controller to be small enough for a portable console yet large enough for a TV console is a big question to me. At the very least, hopefully the Wii U pro controller will be compatible

Good enough power: A lot of Nintendo games on the Wii U look good, but it needs a bit more power to allow for a little more realism for games like Metroid, as well as third party games

Great launch titles: A sequel to the greatest game ever made is of course called for, but a new Metroid, Pikman, and maybe Super Mario Galaxy 3 as well!

Exemplary coin collecting simulation is also a must!

Long life cycle with proper support: If the NX mainly ends up being a Nintendo box, and Nintendo take the stance that "power doesn't matter" then there is no excuse for a short life cycle. Even if sales are not great, cutting the system life short shatters consumer trust - and they won't buy your system unless it already has a big enough library, or they have faith you will keep supporting the system long enough for the library to get there.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Collie_Lover
Member since 2008 • 962 Posts

If the NX is not B/C with Wii/Wii U, I would like it to fix B/C for all future Nintendo consoles from this point forward. I never cared about specs, and games have looked good for a long time. The most important thing is a continuation of Nintendo games. In addition to popular Nintendo titles (Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Metroid, Smash, Mario Kart, Star Fox, Pikmin), I would like to see a Nintendo Sports game pack (Baseball, Bowling, Boxing, Golf, Tennis) in the spirit of Wii Sports even it does not use motion controls. Other games that I want are light gun and on-rails games; a fishing game like Rapala; and a racing simulation game like Test Drive or Need for Speed is needed. We need to be able continue to play all of our Wii/Wii U digital download games and the Nintendo e-Shop should be continued in some form and expanded. Miiverse needs to continue with the ability to add artwork. Amiibo should be continued and they interact with your Mii characters in a toy box-like setting.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@YearoftheSnake5 said:
  • 3rd party support. I want to buy AAA games for it. I don't want something that just going to be a Nintendo box again.
  • Specs on par or slightly less than the PS4 NEO
  • A strong launch lineup with a major 1st party game to showcase the system's power and features.

I can live without the second one if they can get the other two. Support is the main thing. My Wii U wouldn't even be out if my son didn't play it. It's basically a dust collector for me.

Yup on those points..that's what I am looking for. :P

Uncleted9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Uncleted9
Member since 2016 • 7 Posts

Super smash bros

metroid

ice climbers

balloon Fight

khordzmusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 khordzmusic
Member since 2016 • 6 Posts
Loading Video...

Leave all just GTA 6 once ha ha ha again a awesome game from GTA Team :-)

linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 linkyshinks
Member since 2006 • 1332 Posts

Parity in power with PS4 and XB1. Looks like it will have it.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1254960

Tr3ndsetter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Tr3ndsetter
Member since 2016 • 21 Posts

SPECS AND COLOR <3

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#12  Edited By Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@nintendo4evar said:

Specs, games etc.

Coolyfett wants to see 10 years of support. Not a huge fan on constantly replacing hardware if current hardware works. The DS and Super NES were support well. The NX should not be replaced until 2023 and Nintendo should continue support until 2026. Max it out, squeeze all the juice out of this console. Go to the Archives!! every franchise Nintendo has made since the NES needs to have a presence here. Not just your Marios and Pokemons, but everyone of those franchises need to show up. All previously purchased Virtual Console games should be free downloads on the NX. Multiple colors too, that was big win for the DS. Coolyfett doesn't care about power and specs. That is what the PlayStation 4 is for. Amiibo support is a must. The PlayStation 4 and NX could be the perfect combination if done correctly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

@Coolyfett: These are all good things!

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

A decent controller.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Coolyfett

Nintendo has been doing their own thing since Gen 5. We technically dont even know where to put the NX in generation categories is it Gen 9 by itself? Is it Gen 8 with PS4, XBox1 and Wii U? Technically the Wii U was a on par with PS3 and 360. Nintendo can be all over the place, but they need some stability now. We dont want an industry where Xbox and PlayStation are the lead console makers.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

The throughput of games similar to 3DS and Wii U except all on one system.

Make it so you don't have to re-buy old games over and over.

pug987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 pug987
Member since 2005 • 460 Posts

Backward compatibility and a digital store with all games from previous Nintendo platforms. Seriously if it could play Wii U, Wii, DS and 3DS games and Nintendo actually have me access to said games through a proper digital store, I'd buy it full price at release even if it didn't have any games of its own. Sadly it seems it will have no backwards compatibility at all, which is the one good thing Nintendo constantly did.

Superzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#18 Superzone
Member since 2004 • 3733 Posts

A few big things on my list:

A good launch

Let's face it, the 3DS and Wii U both had very weak launches. There were a few good games, sure, but both systems took a year or two to really find their legs and build up a solid library, and that's just too long to wait. The NX needs to have a great launch and be ready to follow up the launch with a great lineup of games that are only mere months away. Having Zelda: BotW right away would be very nice, but just that one game can't carry the console for 6+ months. Nintendo needs to have some great games ready to go within the first half-year.

I'd really rather not have to purchase the same Virtual Console games AGAIN

I've bought the same VC games on Wii, Wii U and 3DS. Enough is enough. Nintendo needs to fully unify the account system and let me play ALL of my currently purchased classics on my NX free of charge. Anything else is honestly unacceptable at this point. I shouldn't have to purchase Super Mario World 4 times just to have it on all my systems.

The return of Metroid

A new traditional Metroid game just needs to happen. Whether it's Metroid Prime 4 or something else, I don't care. I miss one of my favorite franchises and it needs to come back (Yeah yeah I know about Federation Force. It looks good, but it's merely a spinoff in my opinion). The launch of a new console is the perfect opportunity to get Samus back on her feet.

Colors!

Alright, so this isn't exactly what I'd call a deal-breaker, but how about some neat color options with this console? The Wii and Wii U provided some pretty bland choices: black or white. I would love to see Nintendo take a page from the N64/Game Boy Color era and give the NX console multiple color variations. See-through colors would be wicked awesome too, but I won't push it.

Those are just some of my hopes and dreams for the NX. I have a lot of confidence in this console, and I can't wait for Nintendo to finally reveal it.

Muddy120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Muddy120
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts

I want a new mainstream Mario game like Galaxy, 64, etc.

djura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 djura
Member since 2016 • 542 Posts

Fundamentally, I want to see a strong library of games released regularly. I don't care where they come from - Nintendo or otherwise - but I think what I found frustrating about Wii U was not the games themselves, but the lack of regular worthwhile releases. I think that the games Nintendo put out were very good, but there just wasn't enough of them.

It sounds like Nintendo are looking to address that with NX, so hopefully that becomes less of an issue in future. We'll see.

That's really my only requirement for NX. I'm sure that whatever Nintendo do with the hardware will be interesting at the very least. I don't care about hardware power - I think it's largely irrelevant, so long as the games are good.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Coolyfett

@Superzone said:

A few big things on my list:

A good launch

Let's face it, the 3DS and Wii U both had very weak launches. There were a few good games, sure, but both systems took a year or two to really find their legs and build up a solid library, and that's just too long to wait. The NX needs to have a great launch and be ready to follow up the launch with a great lineup of games that are only mere months away. Having Zelda: BotW right away would be very nice, but just that one game can't carry the console for 6+ months. Nintendo needs to have some great games ready to go within the first half-year.

I'd really rather not have to purchase the same Virtual Console games AGAIN

I've bought the same VC games on Wii, Wii U and 3DS. Enough is enough. Nintendo needs to fully unify the account system and let me play ALL of my currently purchased classics on my NX free of charge. Anything else is honestly unacceptable at this point. I shouldn't have to purchase Super Mario World 4 times just to have it on all my systems.

The return of Metroid

A new traditional Metroid game just needs to happen. Whether it's Metroid Prime 4 or something else, I don't care. I miss one of my favorite franchises and it needs to come back (Yeah yeah I know about Federation Force. It looks good, but it's merely a spinoff in my opinion). The launch of a new console is the perfect opportunity to get Samus back on her feet.

Colors!

Alright, so this isn't exactly what I'd call a deal-breaker, but how about some neat color options with this console? The Wii and Wii U provided some pretty bland choices: black or white. I would love to see Nintendo take a page from the N64/Game Boy Color era and give the NX console multiple color variations. See-through colors would be wicked awesome too, but I won't push it.

Those are just some of my hopes and dreams for the NX. I have a lot of confidence in this console, and I can't wait for Nintendo to finally reveal it.

Colors are very important for Nintendo. People like to individualize their handhelds. Different colors just goes well with how Nintendo make their devices.

You had to purchase games from the eShop multiple times??

Imerzion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Imerzion
Member since 2016 • 11 Posts

All I want is Monster Hunter 5 (?). That will be enough for me to get the console, without MH on it, I'll pass.

HappyOrchard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HappyOrchard
Member since 2016 • 4 Posts

(This is my perspective as a gamer who originally cut his teeth on the NES, fully enjoyed the $*#& out of the SNES, drifted over to PC gaming when the N64 turned out to be an empty wasteland for RPGs, then stumbled back into the world of Nintendo with the 3DS. I still play PC games, though.)

What is the NX?

I've been a PC gamer since 1997, so I was an outsider of the console world for nearly two decades. But even I knew what the Xbox was, what the PS3 was, etc. What was the Wii U? I honestly thought it was a screen controller upgrade to the Wii. What was the 3DS? I honestly thought it was a 3D upgrade to the DS. If NX is not the real name, it needs to NOT be Wii X or some other stupid add-on name! Defining a console starts with the name. If no one can hear or read the name and know what it is, you've already lost. Give it a well-defined name, Nintendo! Stop saving money on signage by recycling old names! Hopefully the Wii U was a valuable lesson here.

Raw specs?

I've been playing Starbound on PC lately, so clearly I'm no graphics whore. The NX doesn't need to be on par with Microsoft's Scorpio or Sony's PS4 Neo to be successful. It should, however, be on par with the original Xbone and original PS4. The reason is simple: game devs will be forced by Microsoft and Sony to make games that can still run on that original hardware, regardless of whether or not their games also take advantage of the extra silicon in the Scorpio or Neo. This is the promise that Microsoft and Sony have made to their customers. Sure, they will eventually be forced to break that promise in the coming years, but until then, Nintendo can seriously cash in on multi-plats if the NX is at least as powerful as the original Xbone and PS4. As long as console devs are forced to support that level of hardware, Nintendo can join the party and snag some ports without even trying. With even a modicum of effort, as Nintendo seems to be doing, they can likely snag more than half of all future multi-plats!

Storage cap/format?

If the rumors are true, we could see a release NX with a mere 32GB of built-in storage. Meh. But what really matters is how that can be upgraded. If customers can buy off-the-shelf storage devices to expand the NX's capacity, I don't think Nintendo will have a problem. If the NX requires a proprietary storage device (stupid PS Vita!) or if it can't be upgraded at all, Nintendo will have a problem. I doubt Nintendo would mess this up, but it bears mentioning because of the stupid arbitrary 32GB microSD card (supported) limit on the New 3DS. "SDXC UHS II" is all I will say.

Digital Software Management

Ditto to what everyone else has already said about not re-buying games. But I will go a step further than that. Forget about matching the PSN marketplace or Microsoft's store, what Nintendo should really do is look at what Steam and GOG are doing for cloud-based PC gaming. Nintendo needs to care more about multiple devices, multiple accounts, shared households, and unified digital software management. Steam allows me to share a single PC with multiple people/accounts, have games installed from multiple people/accounts, and only those games associated with a particular account are playable at any given time. Likewise, I can spread my games across multiple PCs, have them download updates and sync saved games simultaneously, allow me to go offline with my laptop (useful for airplane gaming, for instance), but only allow one device per account to be online (single or multiplayer) at any given time. Going further, both Steam and GOG Galaxy allow for unified store fronts with access to all online features and libraries from any device at any time. And Valve does all of this while keeping DRM intact. Nintendo! Take a tour of these technologies and learn from them! This weird idea you have that my eShop purchases are tied to a single 3DS, with absolutely ZERO checks that whomever picks it up to play a game is actually me, is a seriously outdated notion that should have died off with memory cards! It would be in your best interests to design the NX experience around accounts rather than hardware. Let me own multiple NX's and share them with multiple people and multiple accounts and multiple game installs per account! If I want to play a game that I purchased, why should I be blocked because I downloaded the game or have a saved game on THAT NX vs this other one sitting here?? If I want to show my friend a new Pokemon I just caught, why can't I just log into his NX with my account, sync my save game, and show him??

Solid Launch

Yep, what everyone else said. The NX needs, needs, NEEDS to have a good launch! Otherwise... I hate to be all doom and gloom here, but the NX could go down in history as a repeat of the Sega Dreamcast if its launch year ends up being all red on the books for Nintendo. The Wii U has similar sales figures to the Sega Saturn, so I can't claim the naysayers are entirely inaccurate here. Please, Nintendo! Don't suck at this and end up like Sega! Let Mighty Number 9 be your inspiration to not suck!

Games not from Nintendo

I personally thought that Fallout 4 was a horrible bastardization of my beloved Fallout series and I flat out refuse to ever purchase that pile of congealed stench, but hey - some people like it! Some of my friends even like it! I even agree to still talk to them under supervised visitation! My point is that games not from Nintendo need to be a part of the NX line-up, maybe even its launch like others have said, even if I think they're piles of congealed stench. I mean, I won't buy some of them, but others might, and good for them! I have a place in my home for all such gamers, and so should Nintendo! (Well... technically it's a corner... outside... next to my neighbor's house... across the highway... OK, yeah, it's ON the highway, but it still counts!)

Games from Nintendo

Yes. All of them. If you own it, Nintendo, put it on the NX! I want to see the NX be the one Nintendo console to rule them all! Microsoft is saying the Xbone will be the "last" Microsoft console, and Sony may make similar claims eventually. One up them! Make the NX every single Nintendo console from the past and you'll have them both beat! Let your customers vote on which games they want to see next on the NX and then commit yourselves to porting as many as you can! You know fans will pony up and pre-purchase like rabid dogs let loose in a butcher store! You will be DROWNING in pre-purchase funds! Your dedicated porting dev team will be wading through all the cash spilling into the hallways every time they need to go to the bathroom! Make it happen.

Colors, Special Editions, Customization

Ditto on this! OMG, Nintendo, how are you NOT creating a special edition for every frickin' franchise in existence?? How are you NOT spewing out 3DS faceplates in every color from "replacement black" to "obnoxious neon plaid"?? How are you NOT capitalizing on the external customization that your customers so obviously crave?? Going along with what I wrote above for cloud-based NX gaming/sync'ing and cheap storage expansion, it could literally be "I feel like taking my Ice Climbers NX with me today" or "I want to play Star Fox on my Star Fox NX tonight". Dead simple. Games sync'ed across multiple NX's + cheap standard SDXC UHS II cards = Nintendo rakes in the money with colors, special editions, and customization options! This is an easy win, Nintendo. Take it.

Simple Refreshes

I don't ever want to see "new" added to the beginning of a product name again, Nintendo. You done $*#&ed that up with the 3DS. Just saying. Not that I dislike refreshes or "slim" versions, I just want the naming to be simple and effective. Banned words: new, ultimate, extreme, maximum - see? Words like that. Words that are transient in meaning. Don't use them. Also, I would really like to see the NX get a refresh that doesn't change the physical specifications at all. Just cram better hardware into the same shell when the time comes. You can even make it lighter. But if we're talking about supporting the NX for the long haul? Don't mess with the dimensions. All that does it make us re-invest in a completely new array of accessories. Or worse, it makes us NOT re-invest in a completely new array of accessories because we DIDN'T buy the refresh. See how that works? Granted this is mostly based on the concept of the NX being a portable or portable/set-top hybrid, but still, older accessories that don't work on refreshed hardware is flat out annoying on days when I'm in a good mood. Don't catch me on a bad day!

TheSadMagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheSadMagician
Member since 2016 • 9 Posts

A regular console with good hardware and third party support, and a steady stream of first party games. Probably not gonna happen though.. Even though western consumers have been begging for this since the Wii happened.

gopre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 gopre
Member since 2003 • 210 Posts

@thesadmagician: Complete thumbs up on that. Hoping Nintendo has finally figured it out. I've enjoyed the Wii U, but it could've been so much better. Little 3rd party support, few marquee 1st party titles and a gamepad that was almost pointless. The NX wouldn't be coming out in March had the Wii U had any type of success.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

The one main thing that I'd love to see (but doubt will happen) is BC with Wii/Wii U games... they'll probably be available on virtual console eventually but I want proper BC like past consoles!

Also a new proper Metroid game and Animal Crossing.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I'm torn. Specs wise, I want a traditional home console. I want something around the power level of the PSNeo and Scorpio, but games wise I want it to be a hybrid, so Nintendo stops having to split resources between two separate systems, and instead is able to maximize the amount of games they have coming to the NX.

When it comes to what games. I think they really need to go all out in the first year, with 5 big games at launch and at least one or two games every month after that. Even with confirmed 3rd party support from Square-Enix, Ubisoft and Sega, and many developers stating "interest" in the system, Nintendo still has to look at the NX with the mindset that they are alone when it comes to supporting it, and they need to prove that they're capable of that right away.

To me, the perfect launch for the NX is:

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  2. Animal Crossing
  3. Mario Kart 9 (could also swap out for a new F-Zero)
  4. Super Smash Bros 4 NX
  5. Luigi's Mansion 3

Luigi's Mansion will be the systems graphical showcase, focusing on bringing Pixar quality graphics alongside the familiar gameplay from the first two.
Zelda will be the game that's there to attract the core gamers, with it's big open world and freedom to explore as you wish.
Animal Crossing, Mario Kart 9 and SSB, are all about showing value, these three games should be advertised more as "services", that will be supported across the NX's entire lifespan, with Animal Crossing receiving new items and events, Mario Kart 9 new tracks, karts and racers, and Smash new fighters, stages and modes. This will also be a mix of both paid DLC and free updates.

After that, the rest of the year should see the release of at least one or two exclusive games each month, from both established IP's such as Super Mario, Metroid, Pikmin, as well as new IP. On top of that, they need to bring over the majority of Virtual Console titles from both 3DS and Wii U (I say majority, as we don't know if NX will be able to support DS games), as well as add GameCube games to it to further increase the output of games. This solid 12 months of support from Nintendo is critical. If they can do this, and have the system sell well, and be in the ballpark of other consoles specs wise, we should by this point start seeing if the NX is getting true third party support, or if they where just thrown a bone or two at the start.

If they do appear to be getting proper 3rd party support, then and only then, can they start looking to slow down somewhat on there own releases, and let 3rd parties take some of the burden off them, but even then they still need a more consistent flow of exclusive games, than they've traditionally had.

I'll admit, this is probably unreasonable to expect Nintendo to be able to pull this off, but I honestly see no other way. They need to invoke trust in there former fans to win them back, which they need to do to increase sales, which they need to do to bring in third parties fully, which they need to do to further increase sales.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Coolyfett

@imerzion said:

All I want is Monster Hunter 5 (?). That will be enough for me to get the console, without MH on it, I'll pass.

Monster Hunter will definitely be on the NX.

MarioFan264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 MarioFan264
Member since 2004 • 1025 Posts

A regular controller. Power to match its competitors in the same generation. No ridiculous gimmickry.

Good games - A Super Mario 3D platformer that is like 64/Sunshine NOT Galaxy/3D World, a new Paper Mario RPG, an Animal Crossing sequel that brings as much to the table as New Leaf (I'm not bothered by AC having skipped the Wii U, as the last thing I wanted to see was another City Folk disaster).

I think that's it for now. I say "that's it", but not a single one of these things is going to be delivered by Nintendo except for maybe the Animal Crossing sequel, and whether it's any good or not is a 50/50 shot.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Coolyfett

@pug987: What about virtual console? Putting the Wii U and 3DS under one United eShop would be really good. Wii and DS games may now be added to virtual console.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#31 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

I want it to be more powerful than the Xbox One.

huenemeca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 huenemeca
Member since 2004 • 28 Posts

Pikmin 4
Mario Kart
Mario 3D World

Playing Video Games with the Family

https://www.youtube.com/c/FamilyOfGamers5of5

Luffymcduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Luffymcduck
Member since 2015 • 8 Posts

I have discovered what the NX truly is

http://luffymcduck.deviantart.com/art/What-NX-is-636530303?ga_submit_new=10%253A1474831919&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1&ga_recent=1

KK_Slider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KK_Slider
Member since 2016 • 62 Posts

I don't care about power. I just want it to be a handheld first.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

Good games is pretty much all I ask for. The return of awesome franchises would be nice as well, such as Metroid. Seriously, if there isn't a Metroid planned for the NX, I'm gonna ultra rage.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Do my wishes have to be realistic? ^^

I want a handheld that's on par with the original PS4. I want a Pokemon MMORPG with Pokemon Go elements. I want BC to at least NDS, 3DS, Wii and WiiU. I want it to have at least as many buttons as a new 3DS. I want it to have a long lasting battery. I want it to have sequels of the best WiiU games. I want to have a fantastic FREE online service. I want to be able to mod NX games...

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Coolyfett

@kk_slider said:

I don't care about power. I just want it to be a handheld first.

You will get what you want. We all seem to be aware of what it is, we are just waiting on specifics.

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#38 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

This may be a bit much to ask for but my dream console would have a new F-Zero like GX, a new Metroid similar to Fusion/Zero Mission or Prime, a Star Fox similar to Assault with improved on-foot controls, a full-on Pokemon game, another Smash Bros., a Super Mario game similar to 64/Sunshine, and a Paper Mario similar to the original...also, good third party support is needed.

In terms of everything else, I'd like for it to have a normal controller, power similar to its competitors, a good Virtual Console, and no motion control gimmicks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

To play BotW on some really good graphics.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#40 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

For me it's having a Nintendo account having all my purchases tie to it . Also games should not be tied to the system!

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

I want the life cycle to last for awhile. The NX coming before the Wii U's fifth birthday. I Bought a Wii U in May of 2014. I did not even have three full years with the system until the next console came out. I am not buying the console day one. The third party titles shown off in the trailer are not guaranteed for the Switch, and I am not going to pay $300 plus for something that I will only use as a home console. I do not play games outside on the road, so I will not be using the handheld part of the system. If Nintendo priced the console around $180 to $200, I would think about getting a Switch, but I think the price will be around $350.